05/27/17 - Dublin, IE - Slane Castle

alfierose

4 minutes ago, Litti said:

Throw Estranged in the back end of the set and squeeze in three rarely or never played songs.

That wouldn't be suitable for Axl's voice

Edited by Sosso

33 minutes ago, Sosso said:

That wouldn't be suitable for Axl's voice

Nightrain closes the main set and that's way more strenuous to sing. Estranged is a walk in the park.

Haha, bit of a Freudian slip there, I must've watched the Tokyo '92 version and listened to Live Era too many times :lol:

Edited by AlexC

17 minutes ago, Litti said:

Can we expect another bore setlist. Full of covers, don't forget Seeker.

Throw Estranged in the back end of the set and squeeze in three rarely or never played songs.

Depends on what you want. There's only so many songs in their catalogue but I'd also enjoy if they mixed up the order a bit 

the middle of the set drags 

1 minute ago, AFD5 said:

Look at all the rain its not even November i hope it stops soon guys & dries up 

Still a couple of hours left of it looking at the rainfall radar, hopefully it stops around 4-5pm but I doubt the ground will dry that much in the time left before the concert. At least they can get the stage in a better state by that point, must be resembling the rock in rio stage by this point!

5 minutes ago, James Bond said:

If Black Hole Sun replaces The Seeker tonight I won't object to them keeping it for the whole tour. Yeah it's another cover, in tribute at least, but if The Seeker disappeared from the set I'd consider that a small victory!

I like that song. It describes Axls personality in a perfect way.

That sucks that the weather is so bad. I've always wondered how the instruments, especially the guitars and mics, don't sound all fucked up in the rain. You'd think rain pelting the pickups would make feedback or something. Not to mention, it seems like it would completely ruin a guitar to have it out in the driving rain?

Plus, it cuts down on periscope quantity & quality! :lol: Hope it clears up for everyone! 

2 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

That sucks that the weather is so bad. I've always wondered how the instruments, especially the guitars and mics, don't sound all fucked up in the rain. You'd think rain pelting the pickups would make feedback or something. Not to mention, it seems like it would completely ruin a guitar to have it out in the driving rain?

Plus, it cuts down on periscope quantity & quality! :lol: Hope it clears up for everyone! 

They pay people a lot of money to insure everything will be fine in these conditions. I'm sure the guitars have to be restringed and dried out after though which would be a pain in the ass. 

1 minute ago, Tom-Ass said:

That stage looks slippery.. What are the odds that Axl falls down? :) I'd say pretty good.. Just hope he doesn't break anything.

He'll just foot stomp in a circle if the stage is wet still haha

• Like 1