What are you getting people for christmas?

john lennon

so i went out yesterday and got a new dryer and was like yikes they sure are expensive. i told myself i was DONE Christmas shopping. but then i remembered stocking stuffers :facepalm: and i know this is bad but i always get my nephews candy for theirs. i went to the grocery store cos they always have tons of candy they like. first thing i looked for gone..i asked and they said oh we no longer carry this ( it's a very popular candy too! ) this happened THREE more times. so i left. going back out today and thinking i might never go back to that store again! <_<

20 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

@BlueJean Baby hope everything's ok. i had the same thing happen a couple of day ago w/my nephew...he posted "i'm a nervous wreck" on FB and i messaged him, tried calling him but nothing. luckily it turned out fine...hope yours does too :)  

Finally got a text. He is ok and got his gifts...:dance:

On 2016-12-18 at 1:16 AM, Len Cnut said:

Be creative, for 80 quid you can get em a ride in a helicopter or something.  Or a speedboat down the Thames, i did that for my niece and she loved it.  Kids like mental shit...a bill which i fit admirably :D

Yeah but there's quite a bit to the Thames from here, ya know? Fuck, I live in Sweden. 

Went to London earlier this year tho? It was nice. I was drunk 24 hours a day. 

I gave my fat, spoiled child relatives their presents on the weekend (as they will be away over Christmas) and they got so much shit from everybody they just tossed the stuff I bought them aside and haven't opened it.

Actually, I lie, the 2 year old opened his and played with it for a bit.

The other one still has shit I bought her for her birthday (two months ago) unopened.

Fucking brat kids.

18 minutes ago, DR DOOM said:

I gave my fat, spoiled child relatives their presents on the weekend (as they will be away over Christmas) and they got so much shit from everybody they just tossed the stuff I bought them aside and haven't opened it.

The other one still has shit I bought her for her birthday (two months ago) unopened.

Fucking brat kids.

My nephew is 9 and he's the worlds biggest brat. He got a good amount of gifts but as soon as opened the last one he says "I can't believe there aren't more gifts for me!". He was totally serious and I was so livid. I wanted to walk over, pick up our gift and say "NOW YOU HAVE EVEN FEWER GIFTS". 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, DR DOOM said:

Fucking brat kids.

LOL. Probably because they knew it was another box of Lego!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

I dunno if im getting old or cynical or i just dont watch enough telly anymore but it feels distinctly unchristmassy this year, with a week to go.

Do you have a "Women's Network" (actually it's just called W now ha!) channel or equivalent? They've been playing those cheesy Christmas movies nonstop, it's awesome! Plus I always find driving around at night looking at people's lights while listening to Christmas music gets me a little sentimental.. I guess what I'm saying is, you gotta immerse yourself!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

I dunno if im getting old or cynical or i just dont watch enough telly anymore but it feels distinctly unchristmassy this year, with a week to go.

Honestly, judging by your posts, I think you were born cynical. But that's a good thing. Are you watching the right shows? Bad Santa and Die Hard. At least that's what Bran said and it worked for me, but I'm a jew. I still like how festive it is.

The tree thing inside the house is kinda weird for an outsider like me. Don't you get insects and spiders like all the time? but it looks nice. Brutally merry.

Just now, Rovim said:

Honestly, judging by your posts, I think you were born cynical. But that's a good thing. Are you watching the right shows? Bad Santa and Die Hard. At least that's what Bran said and it worked for me, but I'm a jew. I still like how festive it is.

The tree thing inside the house is kinda weird for an outsider like me. Don't you get insects and spiders like all the time? but it looks nice. Brutally merry.

Its usually me on here trying to gee up the resident cynics about the merits of a Gary Crimble but I just mean like out and about, the surroundings etc, it dont look Christmassy out.

2 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Its usually me on here trying to gee up the resident cynics about the merits of a Gary Crimble but I just mean like out and about, the surroundings etc, it dont look Christmassy out.

Yes, I remember you were always so fond of Christmas :(

I hope you still find the Christmas spirit :heart:

On 2016-12-19 at 1:22 PM, RussTCB said:

My nephew is 9 and he's the worlds biggest brat. He got a good amount of gifts but as soon as opened the last one he says "I can't believe there aren't more gifts for me!". He was totally serious and I was so livid. I wanted to walk over, pick up our gift and say "NOW YOU HAVE EVEN FEWER GIFTS". 

Oh god, that's my sister. She's like ten I believe? The other year on christmas she thought she was getting too few and too boring gifts, right? So she sat down and cried about it. Know what the funny thing is tho? The reason she didn't get a shit ton of gifts was because she got a new iphone, which she'd been asking for. 

Probably gonna be the same thing all over again this year. And I mean, the spoiled little thing is getting a new laptop, a leather jacket, some other clothes, some video game stuff, jewelry, gift cards, money - anything a ten y/o girl might want. 

• Like 1