Don't Damn Me and Back Off Bitch (Album vs Demo)

Don't Damn Me   

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Which versions do you like more? 

I personally would take both demo versions over album ones, mainly because of vocals. Don't like the overuse of distortion and rasp. Axl sounds healthier and simply better to me on demos. 

Edited by Epson
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, WhenYou'reTalkinToYourself said:

Back Off Bitch was one of my least favourite GN'R songs, but it has grown on me lately. I listen to it every day now.

I prefer the album versions on both songs.

Yeah Back off bitch sounds like a corny Sunset Strip glam metal song to me probably my least favourite Guns tune. Don't Damn Me on the other hand is the shit.

2 hours ago, Silverburst80 said:

Yeah Back off bitch sounds like a corny Sunset Strip glam metal song to me probably my least favourite Guns tune. Don't Damn Me on the other hand is the shit.

To me it's the pinnacle of the badass GNR attitude. And it's great to crank when you just broke up with an ex lol, it really motivated me. I really don't get how some people rank it worse than Shotgun Blues. The intro to Back Off Bitch is so great it should have opened up UYI I instead of RNDTH imo.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

To me it's the pinnacle of the badass GNR attitude. And it's great to crank when you just broke up with an ex lol, it really motivated me. I really don't get how some people rank it worse than Shotgun Blues. The intro to Back Off Bitch is so great it should have opened up UYI I instead of RNDTH imo.

Shotgun Blues is a major piece of shit, IMO.

For GNR standards obviously!

• Like 2

DDM- I prefer album. It's so fast lyrically and hard rocking, I just think the more refined version sounds better.

BOB- I love that demo version! I like the song on the album too, but that demo version is just so fuckin awesome it's unreal. The familiar riff is there obviously, but the "na na na na" stuff and a different more sleazy guitar tone just make it seem so different. That's the club days captured, right there!

Thanks for posting those @Epson...

DDM is like my favorite song off UYI I, and I love the album version as DDM is supposed to portray certain degree of frustrations and anger and I prefer his raspy voice on the album version. The cleaner voice just didn't do it for me. Sorry.

BOB.... hhmm I can't decide... feel like I like both? Well... maybe I'm sliiiiiiightly partial to the album version but that's maybe due to the fact that I'm more familiar with it? :P

Thanks for sharing these! :thumbsup:

Edited by cheesecake