"What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2020 Edition

A Madea Family Funeral

I think this is the best Madea movie and she went out in style!

Ghoulies 2

On 5/18/2020 at 3:35 PM, lame ass security said:

Finally got around to watching Joker, I really liked it. But it had one ending too many, should've ended with him dancing on the police car.

I have this on my dvr. Still hadn't watched it yet. Will try this weekend. I think I have to be in the mood for this movie. lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

A Madea Family Funeral

I think this is the best Madea movie and she went out in style!

Ghoulies 2

I have this on my dvr. Still hadn't watched it yet. Will try this weekend. I think I have to be in the mood for this movie. lol

Cool, I won't spoil it for you. I understand the ending and what it was trying to say but it just seemed extraneous.  But I don't have a big problem with it because Phoenix's performance makes the movie.

7 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Not as good as Paul Muni's I bet?

Saints wither in the shadow of Paul Muni.  Not really the same movie/direction though.  This one kinda shows an aging decrepit man shitting his pants and dribbling after strokes, having all kinds of weird paranoid dreams and hallucinations in Florida as advanced neuro-syphillis rots his reason and turns it into madness.  Its been absolutely slated in the review but its not half bad y’know.

20 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Saints wither in the shadow of Paul Muni.  Not really the same movie/direction though.  This one kinda shows an aging decrepit man shitting his pants and dribbling after strokes, having all kinds of weird paranoid dreams and hallucinations in Florida as advanced neuro-syphillis rots his reason and turns it into madness.  Its been absolutely slated in the review but its not half bad y’know.

Who wants to see a film about Capone shitting his pants? Sounds like Dazey The Movie to be honest.

Lifetime movie: engaged to a psycho

Miss leading title because the psycho was not the guy. lol

Not bad, but I did guess who the crazy person was and the reason behind it.

On 5/20/2020 at 2:58 PM, lame ass security said:

Cool, I won't spoil it for you. I understand the ending and what it was trying to say but it just seemed extraneous.  But I don't have a big problem with it because Phoenix's performance makes the movie.

Yeah, I know Phoenix's performance was oscar worthy. I will watch it this weekend.

Who was in the new Capone movie?

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

Capone (2020)

Who was in this version?

20 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Yeah, I know Phoenix's performance was oscar worthy. I will watch it this weekend.

Who was in this version?

Off the top of my head I think it's Tom Hardy.

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Who wants to see a film about Capone shitting his pants? Sounds like Dazey The Movie to be honest.

I dunno, I think its nice to see a movie taking a different approach, showing a weak and vulnerable side of such a powerful man.  In this age of Marvel movies its nice to see a director/actor/studio sticking their neck out a bit with something a little different, even if they don’t get it 100% on the money.

26 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Who was in this version?

Tom Hardy.

19 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

My granddad had gone to a family member's wedding in the 1930' and Al Capone showed up. He gave them a gift and then left. My granddad was very young, so he really didn't know who he was until later on. 

Shit, who the fuck were your family friends with? :lol:  In the 30s Capone was at the height of his powers.

22 hours ago, lame ass security said:

Off the top of my head I think it's Tom Hardy.

Okay, cool. I know he was in another mob movie about British mobsters. He was excellent in that one.

Tom Hardy is such a good actor.

I was hoping the tv show Taboo would come back for a second season, but haven't heard anything about it in months. I wonder if Venom 2 was filmed yet.

3 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Shit, who the fuck were your family friends with? :lol:  In the 30s Capone was at the height of his powers.

My granddad's family are Italian decent. Not sure who the family member was? My dad was a little kid. Anyway, I think some of my granddad's family were connected, but not our side. My granddad worked hard throughout his life. 

Anyway, Capone just gave an envelop and left the wedding. He didn't stay long at all. My granddad is dead now, so can't ask him anymore questions about it. He had some amazing stories to tell me when I was a kid.

22 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

I dunno, I think its nice to see a movie taking a different approach, showing a weak and vulnerable side of such a powerful man.  In this age of Marvel movies its nice to see a director/actor/studio sticking their neck out a bit with something a little different, even if they don’t get it 100% on the money.

Tom Hardy.

I will have to check this movie out. I do like Tom Hardy alot. So many actors have played Capone. And now Gotti too. Sometimes they only show their good side, but they were ruthless gangsters who killed people or had people killed. 

7 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Okay, cool. I know he was in another mob movie about British mobsters. He was excellent in that one.

Tom Hardy is such a good actor.

I was hoping the tv show Taboo would come back for a second season, but haven't heard anything about it in months. I wonder if Venom 2 was filmed yet.

I had actually never heard of Hardy before I was reading about the Capone movie a few weeks ago. His name stuck with me because I thought of the Hardy Boys.😄

Just now, lame ass security said:

I had actually never heard of Hardy before I was reading about the Capone movie a few weeks ago. His name stuck with me because I thought of the Hardy Boys.😄

lol well, he was in the Batman movie as Baine, but you couldn't see his face at all.

The FX tv show Taboo was very good. It was weird, but good. I thought they would do another season, but heard nothing more.

Then he did Venom and people started knowing who he was. I also saw that gangster movie but I forgot the name of it. He was very good in that movie too.

He was in that boxing movie too, with Joel Eggerton or something to that effect. Tom didn't talk much in that movie at all, not sure why.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

My granddad's family are Italian decent. Not sure who the family member was? My dad was a little kid. Anyway, I think some of my granddad's family were connected, but not our side. My granddad worked hard throughout his life. 

Anyway, Capone just gave an envelop and left the wedding. He didn't stay long at all. My granddad is dead now, so can't ask him anymore questions about it. He had some amazing stories to tell me when I was a kid.

I will have to check this movie out. I do like Tom Hardy alot. So many actors have played Capone. And now Gotti too. Sometimes they only show their good side, but they were ruthless gangsters who killed people or had people killed. 

Ben Gazarra had a good go at playing Capone too.

1 hour ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

lol well, he was in the Batman movie as Baine, but you couldn't see his face at all.

The FX tv show Taboo was very good. It was weird, but good. I thought they would do another season, but heard nothing more.

Then he did Venom and people started knowing who he was. I also saw that gangster movie but I forgot the name of it. He was very good in that movie too.

He was in that boxing movie too, with Joel Eggerton or something to that effect. Tom didn't talk much in that movie at all, not sure why.

He was good in Bronson and Legend too but I’m afraid you need to be from England to understand the mythology, deserved or not, around characters like Bronson or The Kray Twins.  I like him in RocknRolla and Layer Cake too, two British gangster movies I highly reccomend if they cross your path.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I once shook hands with somebody who shook hands with Hitler. 

I once urinated on the exact same spot where Hitler stood in front of the Eiffel Tower. Those Asian tourists were not amused.

Hitler's Lighting War: War at the Speed of Light | Sutori

11 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I once urinated on the exact same spot where Hitler stood in front of the Eiffel Tower. Those Asian tourists were not amused.

Hitler's Lighting War: War at the Speed of Light | Sutori

Revenge for 1974?*

At least you didn't do a number 2.

PS*

Or for stealing your bikes in 1940.

Edited by DieselDaisy