John Wick 2

downzy

2 minutes ago, downzy said:

Saw the first film about a month ago on Netflix.  Way more fun than I anticipated.  Has me looking forward to the sequel about to be released next week.

Anyone else anticipating this?

i never saw the first movie not even a trailer but i have seen the one for the sequel and i was like OMG that's Keanu Reeves? i thought he'd look young forever :(

Definitely check out the first flick if you have Netflix.  Not the greatest movie ever made, but there are so few well made r-rated violence flicks getting released these days.  It's a nice change of pace from the avalanche of pg-rated comic-book/superhero movies that are geared towards a general audience.  

For what it is, I think I actually enjoyed John Wick more than Deathpool.  

• Like 1

Just now, downzy said:

Definitely check out the first flick if you have Netflix.  Not the greatest movie ever made, but there are so few well made r-rated violence flicks getting released these days.  It's a nice change of pace from the avalanche of pg-rated comic-book/superhero movies that are geared towards a general audience.  

For what it is, I think I actually enjoyed John Wick more than Deathpool.  

yeah i do have Netflix so i'll check it out, thanks!

2 minutes ago, J Dog said:

He acts the same way he does in every other one of his movies. Still good though. I'd recommend it.

actually i don't agree, i think he has improved quite a bit. he was really good in the Lake House and Constantine to name a few. and he did Hamlet on stage in Winnetoba and got this review:

Of his performance, Roger Lewis, the Sunday Times theatre critic, wrote, "He quite embodied the innocence, the splendid fury, the animal grace of the leaps and bounds, the emotional violence, that form the Prince of Denmark ... He is one of the top three Hamlets I have seen, for a simple reason: he is Hamlet."[29]

that's pretty good IMO :)

17 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I went and saw the first one with some friends at the theater. I thought it looked terrible but they convinced me to go. Ended up loving it. Totally stupid, but a GREAT watch. Doesn't need a sequel, but I will definitely see it

cool! i will def watch it then, thanks!

I have to admit I passed on John Wick when it originally came out a couple years ago and kinda forgot about it.  I checked it out tonight and wanted to thank y'all as I highly enjoyed it.  Gonna check out JW2 in the theaters I liked it so much - not sure the cast can beat the first one, but I'm a fan!

Cantrell stated: "I really dug 'John Wick' and have always admired Keanu's work. When the opportunity arose to create a song for the second film, Tyler Bates and I wrote and recorded 'A Job to Do', a theme song for the character. Can't wait to see it!"

Bates added: "Jerry and I are friends and neighbors. We got together to jam and came up with the music. He's a fan of the first John Wick movie and wrote the lyrics from John Wick's introspective."

• Like 1