GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

Can somebody please post this picture in the official social media thread? I would do it myself. But I didn't find it. 

8 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

HA! I love how in the comments under that photo we already see 'SLUFF'.  :lol:  Does Susan know what Sluff is??

Edit: Oh wait - is that SUSAN hashtagging sluff??

Triple edit: I just read the thing properly.  Bloody hell - I just saw that photo and flipped and didn't read. 

I checked. It was Susan who came up with Sluff :headbang:

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Yes, there is Metallica Monopoly and AC/DC Monopoly, so a GnR Monopoly can't be far off, can it? 

There's a Queen Monopoly too :ph34r:

46 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:
How many comments in do you think it gets before someone whinges 'where's Axl?'

Cute pic :wub: Actually when I saw her post the first thing I thought after the 'awww' was 'where's Axl?' :P 

3 minutes ago, Padme said:

Move over Slaxl. Now Sluff rules :lol:

giphy.gif

:P

2 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

And what does the padlock stand for Hmmm???

Duff. He used to wear a padlock in the 80's/90's.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, dgnr said:

There's a Queen Monopoly too :ph34r:

Cute pic :wub: Actually when I saw her post the first thing I thought after the 'awww' was 'where's Axl?' :P 

Duff. He used to wear a padlock in the 80's/90's.

Yeah, I knew that but thanks for answering.  ^^ I just wondered since he hasn't worn it for decades and he threw it away because it had become a symbol of his personal struggles, so yeah, I just wondered why the padlock - but I'm sure she just meant it to stand for Duff.  

Edit: and I thought the same thing - where's Axl? :lol:

Edited by MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle

19 hours ago, Padme said:

I can only speak for myself here. I don't have a problem with Beta's nationality. I don't care if she is brazilian, german or syrian. But it is a fact that she was a nanny and a house keeper. That's not the problem. The problem is that they are yes men. And they are not qulified to be managers. The latest example is this retail experience. "We thank Fernando Lebeis..." That shows the guy has an inferiority complex. And he needs to brag about accomplishing something.

They are incompetent. They fucked it up the DJ and BBF departures. Bumbelfoot was giving away hints. But he never issues a clear statement. DJ was 100% clear in his statement. The management statement  on the matter? "I don't know why Bumbelfoot was evasive. He told Axl he was leaving..."As manager it is your job to handle this a different way. Many things with Axl himself. The 2012-14 Axl we saw on stage should've never happened. Axl's stupid letter to the President of Indonesia. This recent incident Axl had with ebayers and looking for his car. The T.V. interview last year, neither Axl nor Duff were prepared to give a straight answer about a new album and Izzy. When Richard does a interview he sounds like a broken record. The guy has been giving the same old bullshit answer about a new album for the last 5 years or so.  Beta has disrespected fans when talking to them on her social media, not once but many times. She totally fucked up her post about the Apollo Theater thing. She should've never tagged Izzy and Adler.

Early this year they didn't handle the Adler interviews with Lafon and Trunk the right way. When they reacted it was too late.

We all know the famous Three hours meeting that Fernando posted. He has also posted weird ass things in the past. "we are working to come up with a plan to give you what you need the most, information" "We are working on making something happen" Recently about Slash, "you tought me more than you know" 

I don't know if other managers do this kind of things. But I know this is not the right way a manager should handle things. Keep in mind we're talking about one of the biggest bands in the world.

WTF is this? :crazy:

Why are you lecturing me on the ineptitude of TB and why are there people liking your post as if I had said anything remotely close to supporting TB as managers? :suspicious:

DO PEOPLE HERE READ WHAT OTHER PEOPLE POST?

Blah blah blah..... I know the whole thing. This recount of TB's failures is useless to be preaching on a fan like me. I have been around since a long time ago and I know all the shenanigans and bullshit attached to the Lebeis family, the way they act, the shady things they've done, their treatment of former band members and their complete lack of skills to manage Axl Rose and his band.

Now, to the bolded:

- When I criticize Beta (and TB) I hardly ever do it focusing on her nationality and her former job. I see other people here (in the forum I mean) who oftenly insult her/them and criticize her/them beginning their sentences with things like "Because these brazilians pieces of......", "that brazilian nanny......", "the southamerican maid and her breed...." OR "the housekeeper who manages Axl", "Axl's babysitter" and "the nanny of Stephanie Seymour who is now a manager".

All of that is called XENOPHOBIA and CLASSISM. If you didn't know, now you do.

This is what I was pointing out in that post that you quoted without even reflecting on what I was saying. I was replying to the person who said she thinks Beta is a victim of mysoginy in the forums and social media. I said I do not agree with it, that IN MY OPINION, she is mostly a victim of xenophobia and classism rather than mysoginy and I tried to explain why I think like this by giving examples, because it seems that people here do not understand those concepts.

Now, just because I observe this situation going on, it doesn't mean that I dont know how terrible TB are as managers. The thing is that my head is not so far up my own ass as to neglect the things that I see in the forums and the treatment she receives from SOME people.

* When you need to remark that someone is a brazilian, argentinian, armenian, american or whatever, in order to make a point about the faulty traits in their character or other negative points they may have as a person or as a professional then YOU ARE BEING A XENOPHOBE, PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

* When you need to remark that someone was a nanny, housekeeper, maid, servant, etc. and do not recognize that they have moved from a previous social class, THEN YOU ARE USING CLASSISM as a form to discriminate them because, for some odd reasons, there are people who are unhappy when they notice social mobility, especially when the working class jumps to higher levels in the social strata.

As far as I know, neither Vicky Hamilton, Alan Niven or Douglas Goldstein were Harvard Graduates when they became Guns N' Roses managers. I have never read or heard about Goldstein being referred as "the guy who used to carry Erin's luggage", for example.

All of them were awful managers, in spite of Hamilton and Niven actually achieving important things for the band, so I figure people in general do not care what kind of professional background managers have, as long as they can show results of their work.

Yet with TB, things seem to be always pointing to remark their nationality and who they were in 1991. I don't know why this happens but I did observe it and it cannot be denied.

So to clarify one last time: I am fully aware of TB being real bad managers to Axl Rose and Guns N' Roses. I don't blame this on their nationality or social class. I think they are just inept by nature and also, that Axl has shaped them to be this way.

He has educated Fernando and Vanessa, as they both were teenagers when they arrived to live with him. This must not be forgotten and overlooked. Team Brazil is the result of Axl's planifications from 1993 into the future.

Edited by killuridols
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, killuridols said:

* When you need to remark that someone is a brazilian, argentinian, armenian, american or whatever, in order to make a point about the faulty traits in their character or other negative points they may have as a person or as a professional then YOU ARE BEING A XENOPHOBE, PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

No! Even if I call her a Brazillian housekeeper with some contempt, that doesn't mean that I think of Brazillian people as more stupid or that I think there's no possibility that Axl could have a great Brazillian manager. All it means is that she is Brazillian so I can't really call her British, Czech or German housekkeper, which I would if she were one of those. If I call her housekeeper that already means something but not necessairily classism (LOL) but just the fact that housekeepers are not generally best educated or prepared to become managers - same goes for astrophysicists, engineers building bridges and many other professions simply completely unrelated to managing a band. I'd risk a theory that a majority of people calling her a Brazillian hosuekeeper on this forum mean more or less the same.

Seeing xenophobia everywhere someone uses the name of a country in relation to something negative is much of an exaggeration.

• Like 1