GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

3 hours ago, Padme said:

I can only speak for myself here. I don't have a problem with Beta's nationality. I don't care if she is brazilian, german or syrian. But it is a fact that she was a nanny and a house keeper. That's not the problem. The problem is that they are yes men. And they are not qulified to be managers. The latest example is this retail experience. "We thank Fernando Lebeis..." That shows the guy has an inferiority complex. And he needs to brag about accomplishing something.

They are incompetent. They fucked it up the DJ and BBF departures. Bumbelfoot was giving away hints. But he never issues a clear statement. DJ was 100% clear in his statement. The management statement  on the matter? "I don't know why Bumbelfoot was evasive. He told Axl he was leaving..."As manager it is your job to handle this a different way. Many things with Axl himself. The 2012-14 Axl we saw on stage should've never happened. Axl's stupid letter to the President of Indonesia. This recent incident Axl had with ebayers and looking for his car. The T.V. interview last year, neither Axl nor Duff were prepared to give a straight answer about a new album and Izzy. When Richard does a interview he sounds like a broken record. The guy has been giving the same old bullshit answer about a new album for the last 5 years or so.  Beta has disrespected fans when talking to them on her social media, not once but many times. She totally fucked up her post about the Apollo Theater thing. She should've never tagged Izzy and Adler.

Early this year they didn't handle the Adler interviews with Lafon and Trunk the right way. When they reacted it was too late.

We all know the famous Three hours meeting that Fernando posted. He has also posted weird ass things in the past. "we are working to come up with a plan to give you what you need the most, information" "We are working on making something happen" Recently about Slash, "you tought me more than you know" 

I don't know if other managers do this kind of things. But I know this is not the right way a manager should handle things. Keep in mind we're talking about one of the biggest bands in the world.

Beautifully written.

I can't remember if it was here where I read it or somewhere else but the only reason Fernando has the job he has is because Beta threatened to leave Axl if Axl didn't make Fernando manager. That to me says a lot on why TB is still around.

12 minutes ago, purplestargirl said:

Beautifully written.

I can't remember if it was here where I read it or somewhere else but the only reason Fernando has the job he has is because Beta threatened to leave Axl if Axl didn't make Fernando manager. That to me says a lot on why TB is still around.

You are correct. Beta said that in an interview with Los Angeles Times. Marc Canter has said here that Beta was hired and fired many times. Beta and Axl have had their fights over the years

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

It is scary to think that TB are the ones dealing with Live Nation!

Are they? Where are Slash and Duffs managers?  

A scarier thought would be that TB is now managing Slash and Duff.  :scared: I really hope that isn't the case. Disclaimer: Do not not take my word for it, it is just a scary thought and nothing more.

You'd think Slash and Duff's managers would also be involved somehow with negotiations.

It does make one wonder with Slash giving Beta a hug and Beta getting touchy with Slash's girlfriend. 

59 minutes ago, Padme said:

You are correct. Beta said that in an interview with Los Angeles Times. Marc Canter has said here that Beta was hired and fired many times. Beta and Axl have had their fights over the years

Beta should of stayed fired. For her to have been done so and been rehired many times screams out dysfunctional relationship to me, which is definitely not healthy.

• Like 1

It is such a bizarre situation.  You'd think with Axl's high profile and contacts he must surely have made over the course of 30 years, that he'd know, or at least been recommended SOMEONE who is both a professional and trustworthy to manage him and his 'brand'?  It can't be that the entire music industry and everyone in it is 'out to get him'. (no pun intended! :lol:)

He could still have Beta and TB as support and maybe even play minor roles in the management - just don't give them all the power?  You know what they say, never work with family, which is how he must see TB.  It's the same with his hair.  Like, no one has recommend him a decent hairdresser/stylist?  How can that be?  His bubble seems not only small, but...what's the word?  Not savvy? Not with it?  Not smart?  Baffling.

16 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

He could still have Beta and TB as support and maybe even play minor roles in the management - just don't give them all the power?  You know what they say, never work with family, which is how he must see TB.  It's the same with his hair.  Like, no one has recommend him a decent hairdresser/stylist?  How can that be?  His bubble seems not only small, but...what's the word?  Not savvy? Not with it?  Not smart?  Baffling.

Maybe Live Nation can recommend him one, they seem to own his soul. 

I saw more Live Nation logos in London than GnR :wacko: on fucking everything. 

38 minutes ago, purplestargirl said:

Beta should of stayed fired. For her to have been done so and been rehired many times screams out dysfunctional relationship to me, which is definitely not healthy.

I think Marc was talking hired and fired before she was named manager. Beta started to work at Axl's house back in 1993. Dysfunctional or not, Axl might still have the upper hand. I don't think she and her children have a place to go. I mean anyone could hire her as a housekeeper. But I don't think she wants to go back to that kind of job. As for Fernando and Vanessa, I don't know. They might find a job at Harley Davison :lol:

• Like 1

From various accounts it seems that everyone who has ever worked for Axl has been fired at least once, so even Beta wouldn't have been an exception.

He fell out with all the professional managers he had, because he suspected (or really found out in some cases) that they had their own agendas. I think he wants to feel that the people who work for/with him care for him on a personal level and, since he sees TB as his family and Beta as a person who loves him, he feels "safe". It's not healthy, but Axl is not "normal".

• Like 4

Thanks @Padme for that post.

Yes, Beta and Fernando are unable to fit the task of managing GNR. Beta with her post of the Apollo was a disgrace! Giving thanks to people who never went near AFD:anger: what a stupid thing to do! The Apollo gig. it was great, but the purpose? you don't celebrate an album as iconic as AFD with retail...how is that neither Axl, Slash or Duff even mention it? 

Beta even accomplish to enrage ACDC fans answering them throught social media. The fans of Brian Johnson were correct to be mad, I would be mad if someday Slash replace Axl with Myles Kennedy for example. The way Axl behave with ACDC was the absolute correct one (he slayed and shut up the hate through the performance....it was AMAZING) but Beta had to fucked up defending Axl in ACDC social media...he didn't need that, he was perfect.

I understand that Slash and Duff has their respective managers and lawyers.....

36 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

He fell out with all the professional managers he had, because he suspected (or really found out in some cases) that they had their own agendas. I think he wants to feel that the people who work for/with him care for him on a personal level and, since he sees TB as his family and Beta as a person who loves him, he feels "safe". It's not healthy, but Axl is not "normal".

Could be, but if Beta is smart they would have handled it different. I read that LA Times interview where she says that from now on they will be the managers....completely ridiculous and stupid, maybe she and Fernando were fit to manage that horror of like you call Nuguns, but they are not fit to manage this GNR.

• Like 1

If Fernando is just going to copy everything Metallica do then he should bare in mind that 'tallica release music and shit like that y'know :shrugs:

Then they have their wanky pop up shops with made worn and probably Gucci too and they even have their own Monopoly...

They do release music sometimes, though :max:

21 minutes ago, Ota said:

Beta was executive secretary in Brasil too. She wasn´t just a nanny and house keeper.

Yeah I heard that. But we're not talking about her job in Brazil. As far as I know we never heard of her doing such job in the U.S.

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

From various accounts it seems that everyone who has ever worked for Axl has been fired at least once, so even Beta wouldn't have been an exception.

What is Axl's agenda if he has one? At least in the past we know he wanted to make CD. And Azoff made that happened. Maybe Azoff didn't do it the right way. But we got the album. Isn't that the job of the manager? Look in the early days Vicky Hamilton got them the deal with Geffen and gigs at The Troubadour, The Roxy, etc. Then Tom Zutaut move his strings and he got them Alan Niven and we got AFD, tours, interviews, news, radio hits and videos. With the UYI pretty much the same thing. If that is the agenda the record company and managers have then I love that agenda even if Axl doesn't. What is wrong with that? I think Axl should explain. 

47 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

If Fernando is just going to copy everything Metallica do then he should bare in mind that 'tallica release music and shit like that y'know :shrugs:

Then they have their wanky pop up shops with made worn and probably Gucci too and they even have their own Monopoly...

They do release music sometimes, though :max:

Metallica have their own Monopoly board game? LOL!  Is it wrong I would buy a Guns N Roses Monopoly? 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Metallica have their own Monopoly board game? LOL!  Is it wrong I would buy a Guns N Roses Monopoly? 

Yes, there is Metallica Monopoly and AC/DC Monopoly, so a GnR Monopoly can't be far off, can it? 

I would buy it too, I think it could be quite hilarious if some thought was put into it. :lol:

2 hours ago, Padme said:

What is Axl's agenda if he has one? At least in the past we know he wanted to make CD. And Azoff made that happened. Maybe Azoff didn't do it the right way. But we got the album. Isn't that the job of the manager? Look in the early days Vicky Hamilton got them the deal with Geffen and gigs at The Troubadour, The Roxy, etc. Then Tom Zutaut move his strings and he got them Alan Niven and we got AFD, tours, interviews, news, radio hits and videos. With the UYI pretty much the same thing. If that is the agenda the record company and managers have then I love that agenda even if Axl doesn't. What is wrong with that? I think Axl should explain. 

Others managers not was dependent of Axll as TB , theys was managers also of much others artists, for this  Azoff not was yes men, Axl invented a job to Vanessa to what she to keep  his hats  ,who he need many people?, 😐

HA! I love how in the comments under that photo we already see 'SLUFF'.  :lol:  Does Susan know what Sluff is??

Edit: Oh wait - is that SUSAN hashtagging sluff??

Triple edit: I just read the thing properly.  Bloody hell - I just saw that photo and flipped and didn't read.  Is Susan shipping her husband? :lol::hahafyou:

Edited by MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle

39 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

She says Sluff!! :lol:

How many comments in do you think it gets before someone whinges 'where's Axl?'

Great picture!!! :headbang:  I want more of this :wub:

Move over Slaxl. Now Sluff rules :lol:

• Like 1