GN'R should be a three guitar player group again - with Slash, Izzy and Richard

1 hour ago, PatrickS77 said:

Sorry, but Slash never would have went with the 3 guitarist aproach. You seriously think he would have stood on stage watching someone else do his parts? He's not Steven.  And there is no need for 2 rythm guitarists. Also a third guitarist just to play the 3 CD songs is overkill.

Nobody knows the role the role Ashba would have been played. BUT I bet that he would have played CD solos only. 

Didnt read the whole discussion but this is my opinion on the subject:

I love Izzy for what he is and I'd love him to be there but being logical with the whole situation and drama, right now Richard works perfectly onstage and theres no real need for Izzy to be there as he has no stage presence or charisma.

But the point is: We need music from this lineup to know how badly we need Izzy at this point.

If any of you here has actually listened to the second Dead Daisies album, you know that Richard (and Dizzy on some) have the chops for cool hard rock n roll ideas as he is credited on most of the songs on the album, we know Slash stuff, and we know Axl and Duff, will this lineup be able to deliever it without Izzy? We have no fn clue as GNR disbanded and never got the chance to release anything without him.

Fortus is already there (for 15 years) and he can obviously create good songs what is the main Izzy hole as he is a zero onstage but we'll never know if they don't release anything and we'll always be on this WE NEED IZZY thing.

People like to assume that if Izzy rejoins the band they'll automatically release (good) music and I don't really think it would matter as we know how things work with Axl.

I dont have my hopes up but I do hope they'll release anything, so we'll know how badly do we need Izzy.

Again, I love Izzy and his work and I obviously want him on the band over any replacement, but we all know how fucked up the situation is so we need to settle down a little bit and wait to see what happens. The reunion is a recent event, we have no clue about whats going to happen after it, I chose to wait and see. 

Edited by default_
  • Like 4

Again, Izzy wouldn't play ChinDem songs, which means he would take turn with 4tus, the same way Adler said he'd take turn with Frank. That gives us 9 people. What a circus would that be. As much as I love Izzy for having created what he created, Fortus is technically better.
The question is how this works in terms of composing new music. Which we don't know as of today. Not yet, that is.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Again, Izzy wouldn't play ChinDem songs, which means he would take turn with 4tus, the same way Adler said he'd take turn with Frank. That gives us 9 people. What a circus would that be. As much as I love Izzy for having created what he created, Fortus is technically better.
The question is how this works in terms of composing new music. Which we don't know as of today. Not yet, that is.

You do realize that Richard is 50 years old.  So, more than likely if he was capable of creating something notable we'd have heard that by now....we haven't, he isnt.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

You do realize that Richard is 50 years old.  So, more than likely if he was capable of creating something notable we'd have heard that by now....we haven't, he isnt.

Have you ever listened to Love Split Love or The Dead Daisies?

1 minute ago, Sosso said:

Have you ever listened to Love Split Love or The Dead Daisies?

Yep, look I'm not gonna argue with anyone, especially you about this.   If you think Richard has been a part of composing and creating really good music, good for you.  That opinion is almost certainly in the minority.

• Like 3

3 guitarists in a band like this is overkill. Two lead guitarists in this band is overkill.. That's why they should boot Fortus and get someone who knows his role and doesn't detract from the songs.. If Izzy ever came back Fortus could change his strings and tune his guitars for him..

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

Fortus is technically better.

Steve Vai and Joe Satriani are more technically better, it doesn't means both of them can be in GNR in place of Slash and Izzy. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, tsinindy said:

You may not like it, but the second Dead Daisies album is AMAZING and he has credits all over it, to me that album is one of the finest rock n roll records ever released and the best in say, 15 years.

He doesnt have much released because he chose to be a session guitar player and has since then played for major league artists, not only Guns N' Roses.

Richard's Dead Daisies record is quite decent, nothing breakthrough or anything, but it solid 7 out of 10.

Izzy solo record on the other hand is very underwhelming considering the huge expectation lingering around him as main songwriter for AFD, it's seems that the old adagium "GNR need Izzy" is nothing but urban legends, he needs the other more.

53 minutes ago, Słash said:

Steve Vai and Joe Satriani are more technically better, it doesn't means both of them can be in GNR in place of Slash and Izzy. 

Buckethead...

fire anyone...

He can do all this "job" alone...

2 minutes ago, auad said:

Buckethead...

fire anyone...

He can do all this "job" alone...

He was born in a coop, raised in a cage. Children fear him, critics rage.
He's half alive, he's half dead. Folks just call him buckethead.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Słash said:

He was born in a coop, raised in a cage. Children fear him, critics rage.
He's half alive, he's half dead. Folks just call him buckethead.

Whos that guitar playin' sonsabitch?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jamillos said:

I wouldnt put it past him to least not mind playing the CD songs. He does like alternative rock, which is what some of CD seems akin to

Edited by Mendez

2 hours ago, default_ said:

You may not like it, but the second Dead Daisies album is AMAZING and he has credits all over it, to me that album is one of the finest rock n roll records ever released and the best in say, 15 years.

He doesnt have much released because he chose to be a session guitar player and has since then played for major league artists, not only Guns N' Roses.

That's right. Richard could write/co-write some really great songs for GN'R. 

This Dead Daisies album “Mexico“ is indeed excellent

Edited by Sosso

11 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

If they wanted Izzy and Izzy would agree to their terms, Fortus would be gone quicker than you could say "cashgrab".

Maybe some like yourself want to believe that but, there's zero evidence that would be true. When was the last time Axl fired somebody?

Go ahead...no rush

2 hours ago, Słash said:

Guitarists like Vai and Satriani bore the shit out of me.. They all sound the same.. You can tell it is Slash as soon as you hear him. That is what makes him so special. And his chemistry with Izzy is unmatched by any other guitar duo in my opinion. I wouldn't expect them to match that without Izzy but they could sure do better than Fortus.. They are like oil and water together..

• Like 3

11 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

Sorry, but Slash never would have went with the 3 guitarist aproach. You seriously think he would have stood on stage watching someone else do his parts? He's not Steven.  And there is no need for 2 rythm guitarists. Also a third guitarist just to play the 3 CD songs is overkill.

Maybe not but Dj had quit before Slash had even signed back on, or even been to Axl's house. I know it's horrifying to think about, but like it or not Axl had no intention of kicking anybody from the last lineup to the side for a reunion. He said himself he was a big fan of that lineup. No one even said he was Steven also so...yeah. It appears that you're forgetting who's band this is...hint: the lead singers ;)

Edited by Billsfan

5 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Maybe not but Dj had quit before Slash had even signed back on, or even been to Axl's house. I know it's horrifying to think about, but like it or not Axl had no intention of kicking anybody from the last lineup to the side for a reunion. He said himself he was a big fan of that lineup. No one even said he was Steven also so...yeah

He even said not a single bad word about Pitman in that China Exchange interview. He actually praised him for the the sythn orchestra on ChiDem.

Edited by Sosso

3 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

3 guitarists in a band like this is overkill. Two lead guitarists in this band is overkill.. That's why they should boot Fortus and get someone who knows his role and doesn't detract from the songs.. If Izzy ever came back Fortus could change his strings and tune his guitars for him..

I agree with this, but it doesn't appear as if Axl views it that way. Lets go back to the Fortus interview: Remember the Fortus interview? Axl offered him the gig and wanted him to start right away. Fortus said he had to finish the tour with Prince. Axl looked at him with shock, then paused and said "Well, I'll wait for you because I know you would never ditch me".

Anyways... point is, Axl clearly will never fire Fortus. Fortus exchanged for Izzy could clearly only happen if Fortus quits on his own, and it looks like Fortus has no interest in that.

22 minutes ago, Sosso said:

He even said not a single bad word about Pitman in that China Exchange interview. He actually praised him for the the sythn orchestra on ChiDem.

Yup. I mean, we saw Pitman drunk messaging slamming MyGNR, then Pitman slamming the reunion tour as a "Nostalgia Act" (the FU comment), as well as demanding respect for being in the band for over 20 years. And then he apologized to GNR and Melissa Reese was on stage. Naturally many in here were greatly offended and wanted to believe that Duff and Slash beat up Pitman at band rehearsal :lol:

All we have other than that is Pitman announcing that he quit GNR because they're an oldies band that only wanted to play the old songs. So once again, he slammed the nostalgia tour. A certain forum Mod (not in here but will remain nameless) then claimed he had insider info that Pitman quit on his own because he was expecting a significant raise in salary because he was in a band playing half empty arenas turned to playing sold out stadiums, and he wasn't going to get that raise. And we have nothing from GNR, not even Fernando. Just like how we got nothing on Tommy, or Dj. We got confirmation on Bumblefoot after 15 months of guessing games, and the source there is still anonymous. So in conclusion, I'm guessing Pitman quit...? Well, the evidence points to that but maybe the MYGNRCSI team has information over that we're not aware of yet...

And yeah, that fact you presented was from well before Pitman's lawsuit.. It's pretty clear Axl has zero intention of pushing people out the door. And since he was labeled a tyrant after the original band broke up, it's probably his motivating reason to trying to not prove that he is a Gene Simmons/Paul Stanley like Tyrant that decides who's in his band and who's not. Anyways...I don't think Axl wanted to push Dj, or Neil, or even wants to push Fortus or Frank out the door. They clearly would have to do that on their own.. Some of them did, and that helped open the door.

Edited by Billsfan
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Yup. I mean, we saw Pitman drunk messaging slamming MyGNR, then Pitman slamming the reunion tour as a "Nostalgia Act" (the FU comment), as well as demanding respect for being in the band for over 20 years. And then he apologized to GNR and Melissa Reese was on stage. Naturally many in here were greatly offended and wanted to believe that Duff and Slash beat up Pitman at band rehearsal :lol:

I understand his frustations in that regard. He wasn't the most important member at concerts (especially during the DJ Ashba years) but I always had the impression that he was passionate with what he did during his years with GN'R. 

Edited by Sosso