GN'R should be a three guitar player group again - with Slash, Izzy and Richard

4 hours ago, maynard said:

I agree completely. Izzy up there would be cool but he's a shitty performer. Richard would be backstage anyway...

Maynard, you've got to come to terms with the simple fact that Izzy is irreplaceable mate. ;)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RONIN said:

Maynard, you've got to come to terms with the simple fact that Izzy is irreplaceable mate. ;)

Even Tracii has a positive opnion about him.  

“It was cool because Izzy and I were very systematic about how we would play in the band together. It was really fun structuring the L.A. Guns and Hollywood Rose songs for two guitars. We'd spend a lot more time making two really different guitar parts and two different guitar sounds. More than anything it was an incredible experience. That's when I really learned how to play with another guy. Izzy's so talented - not like a real master and he's definitely not a shredder - but he's just got a brilliant brain for music.“

http://thequietus.com/articles/04450-dr-rock-tracii-guns-interview-la-guns-nikki-sixx-poison-guns-n-roses

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, cqleonardo said:

I don't see Izzy as this god that a lot people here considers him

No one see's him as a God, he is a great performer, he is a great song writer

Do i like all his songs? I dont. 

He was a part and one of the five reasons why we have an amazing album like AFD and UYI today. 

What should I even say more when  some of you think Paul Tobias is better than Slash :facepalm:

29 minutes ago, RONIN said:

Well, opinions vary but I'd say Izzy holds his own just fine. His role in the band was to be the cool, laidback laconic guitar player. By being that guy, he allowed people like Slash, Axl and even Duff to shine. I found Izzy compelling enough in the Ritz 88 show and Rio.

It's weird to me how Slash acknowledges that the weaving guitar interplay between him and Izzy was a large part of AFD being so great and yet he seems unwilling to replicate that since.

It was nice of Izzy to let Slash, Axl and Duff shine. That's what I love about Izzy he is always thinking about others and the fans. So selfless. We all know he didn't really want equal pay it was just a matter of "principle". This is a guy with intergrity. He probably would have burn't his equal "loot" or gave it to charity. The guy just wants to play guitar and let others shine.

Slash has also said he doesn't like playing with izzy. He contradicts himself and/or changes his opinion, so you might have your answer there. Slash seems far happier interplaying with himself on the illusions. 

4 hours ago, Słash said:

Only 3 guitarist? That wont give justice to the masterpiece called Chinese Democracy.

This should be the GNR lineup

Vocals - Axl Rose, Myles Kennedy and Sebastian Bach

Guitar - Paul Huge Tobias, Slash, Izzy, Ashba, Tracii, Robin, Gary Sunshine, Fortus, Buckethead, Agnus Young, Gilby and Dave Navarro

Bass - Duff, Cliff Williams, Tommy, Flea and Rob Trujillo

Drums - Steven, Matt, Brent Snape Fitz, Rob Gardner, Josh freese, Bryan Mantina, Frank and Dave Gorhl

Keyboards/Backing Vocals - Dizzy, Tracy, Roberta, Teddy Zigzag, Smurf, Pitman, Elton John and Stevie Wonder

All of these together on one stage can give justice to the songs

I can imagine that lineup on one giant ass mega stage and when the drums start on It's So Easy all the speakers explode hahahaha

• Like 1

Axl

Slash

Richard

Izzy

Duff

Steven/Frank

Dizzy

Melissa

Honestly, even though some of you cringe at 3 guitar players, if it gets Izzy back into GNR and also gets us more Adler, I'd gladly take it versus nothing. It's beyond clear that a just Appetite tour, even just a show, hell one freaking song between just the original 5 will probably never happen. Compromise or nothing, and I prefer to compromise.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

I can't like anymore, but this. They got Slash back in tne band. They don't need a third guitarist. And should they have Izzy, then there is no space for Fortus.

Well, it's hard to get Izzy back if Fortus doesn't quit.

3 hours ago, int8 said:

Well, I think if Izzy was surrounded by Duff and Slash, not those weird people (sorry, I refuse to accept them:shrugs:), he would do much better job. Anyway, he definitely still has this cool vibe.

This. And as far as Izzy was concerned, that lineup of GNR was Axl's band. He was just guesting for kicks. Izzy's chill vibe is his shtick. Fortus is cool but, I don't need someone doing circles and showboating all the time and spinning around like a bafoon during LALD to prove that they're more deserving than a guy who doesn't seek attention for himself. If given the choice of course...

Edited by Billsfan
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Słash said:

Atleast Ashba had some integrity to step aside

Agreed. And according to DJ, it would have probably been a 3 guitar player lineup since Axl wanted him to be a part of it. I mean seriously, cmon people. What would you all prefer? Two choices:

CHOICE 1:

Slash

Ashba

Fortus

CHOICE 2:

Slash

Izzy

Fortus

Obviously we would all prefer only two guitars but if it came down to it... Choice two it is for me at least. Not even close. Axl compromised a little, it looks like Duff and Slash both significantly compromised. As a fan, I too can compromise. And at least with Izzy back in it, too many guitarists or not, we'd have a shot at new music.

Also, We've had much, much worse topics than this people so relax :lol:

Edited by Billsfan

The 3 guitar approach to NuGNR's shows was brilliant at some parts and a waste on others. While it filled out Jungle, Chinese, Sweet Child songs like This I Love, Don't Cry and really the ballads didn't utilize 3 guitarists at all and it became kind of a waste. But I liked the idea of 3 guitarists- you got your Bucket/Bumble, the technical shredder and Finck as the emotional, Slash-like player. It really could have worked well if NuGNR didn't crash and burn into the ground.

Now, a 3 guitarist approach would be useless as the 2 guitarist approach works quite well with Slash and Fortus, an excellent rythym player and a great fit for guns. Izzy would be fun to see up there but it's not gonna happen.

Edited by AxlRoseCDII

9 hours ago, Rovim said:

Sounds full enough with just Slash and Richard, but Izzy's guitar is generally very low in the mix so I don't really see it clashing badly and Appetite had 2 rhythm guitars and lead.

Richard is probably not going anywhere so if Izzy will do some shows and collaborate, I assume it will have to be with Richard. Hopefully it happens one day and with Adler as well.

Huh?

2 hours ago, Billsfan said:

Agreed. And according to DJ, it would have probably been a 3 guitar player lineup since Axl wanted him to be a part of it. I mean seriously, cmon people. 

Sorry, but Slash never would have went with the 3 guitarist aproach. You seriously think he would have stood on stage watching someone else do his parts? He's not Steven.  And there is no need for 2 rythm guitarists. Also a third guitarist just to play the 3 CD songs is overkill.

• Like 1