Holy shit Izzy loves us

50 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

Izzy ranted unprofessionally on twitter and is playing the victim. If he's so concearned about mygnrs opinion, why doesn't he release a proper statement?

From what we can interpret, he wants equal share. Sorry but i think axl and slash bring more to a live show than a 3rd guitarist. Maybe I'm wrong but a 5 figure sum seems fair.

It was far from a rant and it was a response to Duff and Axl interview were they were evasive about why Izzy was'nt ijoining the shows. If they knew Izzy's  grudge was money they probably should have just said his not participating because an agreement can't be reached with him,  Instead they made It out that it's because his unreliable. 

Of course Axl and Slash are bringing more money to the show than a third guitarist, but that's not Izzy fault they seem to be only offering third guitarist. I guess 5 figures to us sounds like a huge amount of money to turn down, however  if you look at it in the context of the revenue being made here, is it? 

1 minute ago, Axl_morris said:

"izzy does what he wants and doesn't give a fuck"

Is that the attitude of someone who deserves equal pay? It might cut it back in the 80s but its a different ball game now.  No after parties, starting on time, no rants..etc

We all love this band. We all know the history and as zoso said Axl has acted more professionally in recent times. Maybe izzy should start doing the same?

Im not a hater, im just disappointed in why he chosen to turn his back on the band in there most successful period since UYI tour. 

Yes of course, as long as he does his work. Times have changed, Axl seems to have changed, we should give Izzy the benefit of doubt too at least. The fact that Izzy is not in this tour doesn't necessary had to be with him being unprofessional. He is 54 years old now and this isn't the 80's anymore.  I think that if he did really want to be involved and I believe he did, he would have put all his heart on it, but there wasn't an agreement and we'll have to live with that. 

2 hours ago, Modano09 said:

Adler can go off the rails at any time and Izzy just likes to go with the flow, so I buy that.

Unfortunately this is something that can not be ignored. For outsiders, like us, it´s too easy to say: do this does that. It is very comfortable, we have no responsibilities. But it´s undeniable the fact that Adler can go off the rails at any time..He´s a nice guy, have a nice smile, loves everybody but also have a health problem that it´s no his fault but is there and can not be ignored. And Izzy, like Axl says, it´s Izzy..He can go away at any time. If things are not done exactly as he wants, he is out. He's not the kind of guy who does make deals. This tour is an example of this, they did not want to pay what he wanted and he did not get involved. Not even for the fans.

I really understand the decision of the big 3 to go out into the world with this lineup. It was like that in the 90's and it's like that now. I hope that at some point they can come to an agreement, especially for AFD's 30th anniversary, It would be cool. But for big tours or any other project that requires commitment and consistency..I don´t see Adler and Izzy involved, they are too WILD for that!

20 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

Surely taking what's offered is more diplomatic and then seeing if he can work out a new deal is better than spitting his dummy out, crying on twitter and not being in GNR.

Fans cried to Axl and slash for years for a reunion and its izzy thats letting everyone down. However sales aren't effected so it's not a loss for the band buts its a loss for all you izzy fans.

If this was axl or slash you would all be slating them for it.

So let say that Izzy was offered to play a couple of songs in a few shows here and there. A founding member, one of the main songwriters and one of the guys who help to put GN'R a the top of the world.That one is Izzy. When at the same time fans have to deal with a worthless blue hair pop diva jumping in the back of the stage every single show. Sorry, that's not a fair deal neither for Izzy nor for us fans.

• Like 2

All we have to go on since 1991 is that Izzy hates touring, and doesn't like GnR being a big rock n roll circus. He hasn't toured or been responsible for the quality of a live show since the JuJu Hounds. The others have been road warriors and a known commodity since then (well Axl has not always been automatic until the past 6 years or so). 

Now there's big money and Izzy wants a piece. But would he be dedicated to a multiple year world (literally) tour? No fuckin way of knowing...

He's got his pride and I understand that. But to me, the other guys have history, logic and facts on their side. Some won't agree, but he fucked em over pretty good back in 91. People change, but you gotta show people that you have.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Padme said:

So let say that Izzy was offered to play a couple of songs in a few shows here and there. A founding member, one of the main songwriters and one of the guys who help to put GN'R a the top of the world.That one is Izzy. When at the same time fans have to deal with a worthless blue hair pop diva jumping in the back of the stage every single show. Sorry, that's not a fair deal neither for Izzy nor for us fans.

That's because she's happy with whats offered. Izzy will have been offered a lot more than Melissa, but that wasn't enough for him.

32 minutes ago, Derick said:

Unfortunately this is something that can not be ignored. For outsiders, like us, it´s too easy to say: do this does that. It is very comfortable, we have no responsibilities. But it´s undeniable the fact that Adler can go off the rails at any time..He´s a nice guy, have a nice smile, loves everybody but also have a health problem that it´s no his fault but is there and can not be ignored. And Izzy, like Axl says, it´s Izzy..He can go away at any time. If things are not done exactly as he wants, he is out. He's not the kind of guy who does make deals. This tour is an example of this, they did not want to pay what he wanted and he did not get involved. Not even for the fans.

I really understand the decision of the big 3 to go out into the world with this lineup. It was like that in the 90's and it's like that now. I hope that at some point they can come to an agreement, especially for AFD's 30th anniversary, It would be cool. But for big tours or any other project that requires commitment and consistency..I don´t see Adler and Izzy involved, they are too WILD for that!

As I said, he doesn't owe us anything. We as fans are not entitled to anything so that's actually something that makes me respect him more. I'd be seriously disappointed if he had accepted whatever deal they offered him if it meant to degrade himself. I've been a fan of this band and of Izzy in particular since I was 11 and that was 28 years ago so, believe me, I'd love to see him up there on the stage with HIS band, but not at any cost. And certainly not at the cost of his integrity. 

Edited by Darkenchantress
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

That's because she's happy with whats offered. Izzy will have been offered a lot more than Melissa, but that wasn't enough for him.

Well yeah she better be happpy! She is nobody. She doesn't add anything important to the shows. Again it is not just the money. It is also about the role in band. Izzy is part of the legacy and history of GN'R. He doesn't have to settle for just playing in a few shows and just a couple of songs. It is not fair 

53 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

"izzy does what he wants and doesn't give a fuck"

Is that the attitude of someone who deserves equal pay? It might cut it back in the 80s but its a different ball game now.  No after parties, starting on time, no rants..etc

We all love this band. We all know the history and as zoso said Axl has acted more professionally in recent times. Maybe izzy should start doing the same?

Im not a hater, im just disappointed in why he chosen to turn his back on the band in there most successful period since UYI tour. 

Im sure he would give a fuck. nothing says otherwise. He didn't turn his back, the others did it seems

I must make clear that when I said: "Izzy doesn't give a fuck" I was referring to people's opinions that was what the other poster was saying, not that he didn't care about his job. As far as i know, Izzy didn't miss a single show and neither was late, until the day he quit. 

Edited by Darkenchantress
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

To Axl's credit he seems to have really turned a new leaf. He has been very professional on the reunion and ACDC tours. 

Still, I think its asinine people are calling Izzy unprofessional. His issues were what? 2 decades ago? He expressed his frusturations in unoffensive and abrupt twitter posts? BIG DEAL. If the big 3 view that as offensive and unprofessional they need to grow up. When you mistreat people they get upset. Not a tough concept to grasp :shrugs:

I totally agree with you man, but these so called fans who are talking crap about Izzy or Steven actually make Axl look bad cause somehow they think Axl will be proud of them. 

I see the present, Axl is showing up on time, lost weight, he is rocking out with Slash and Duff and that is really awesome.

But some people bring shit from the past that Izzy did this or Steven did that, so sadly even I have to pick up some things from the past of Axl or Slash which I honestly don't like to. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Padme said:

Well yeah she better be happpy! She is nobody. She doesn't add anything important to the shows. Again it is not just the money. It is also about the role in band. Izzy is part of the legacy and history of GN'R. He doesn't have to settle for just playing in a few shows and just a couple of songs. It is not fair 

I think izzy was offered a full role, not a guest spot like 06 & 12.

22 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

As I said, he doesn't owe us anything. We as fans are not entitled to anything so that's actually something that makes me respect him more. I'd be seriously disappointed if he had accepted whatever deal they offered him if it meant to degrade himself. I've been a fan of this band and of Izzy in particular since I was 11 and that was 28 years ago so, believe me, I'd love to see him up there on the stage with HIS band, but not at any cost. And certainly not at the cost of his integrity. 

That's weird because I always have read here that "they need do this for the fans". So that do not apply to Izzy? Just for the big 3, right... And how to playing with some friends can degrade himself? And we back to this is just about money again, including him.

5 minutes ago, Derick said:

That's weird because I always have read here that "they need do this for the fans". So that do not apply to Izzy? Just for the big 3, right... And how to playing with some friends can degrade himself? And we back to this is just about money again, including him.

In that case Duff should also take the salary which Fortus and Frank are getting. 

Fortus and Frank are working hard, arnt they? like every night they are also playing their respective instruments, so Duff should "be a man" and take the same salary as them. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Słash said:

In that case Duff should also take the salary which Fortus and Frank are getting. 

Fortus and Frank are working hard, arnt they? like every night they are also playing their respective instruments, so Duff should "be a man" and take the same salary as them. 

THIS

5 minutes ago, Derick said:

All I can say is argue that with someone who had said he should do it for the fans, because I haven't. And yes, accepting a role he may think is not what he deserves is degrading and I'd say it's even worse if it comes from his friends.  About the money, well, we will never know but again, he left the band at its peak when a lot of money was involved, he mostly paid the Juju's tour with his own money cause they were not getting any profit from it and yet, he toured the world with it, I honestly don't think his life revolves around money and i think there's much more to it than just that.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Słash said:

Lol

Astounding logic

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

All I can say is argue that with someone who had said he should do it for the fans, because I haven't. And yes, accepting a role he may think is not what he deserves is degrading and I'd say it's even worse if it comes from his friends.  About the money, well, we will never know but again, he left the band at its peak when a lot of money was involved, he mostly paid the Juju's tour with his own money cause they were not getting any profit from it and yet, he toured the world with it, I honestly don't think his life revolves around money and i think there's much more to it than just that.

What role is it? Did you know exactly what role they offered to him? Because i don't. The only thing we have is that "BULLSHIT, THEY DIDN'T WANT TO SPLIT THE LOOT EQUALLY, SIMPLE AS THAT". Which leads us to think that money thing It`s the headline.

32 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I get the impression he wasnt. Id love to know!

Then how could he even argue he deserves equal pay if it was only a guest spot?

From what ive heard he was in before slash and duff put pen to paper and things went sour and i don't know any more details than that. 

Edited by Axl_morris

17 minutes ago, Słash said:

Duff is the glue...And how did you know that Izzy's salary is the same that Fortus and Frank?

1 hour ago, Archtop said:

It was far from a rant and it was a response to Duff and Axl interview were they were evasive about why Izzy was'nt ijoining the shows. If they knew Izzy's  grudge was money they probably should have just said his not participating because an agreement can't be reached with him,  Instead they made It out that it's because his unreliable. 

Of course Axl and Slash are bringing more money to the show than a third guitarist, but that's not Izzy fault they seem to be only offering third guitarist. I guess 5 figures to us sounds like a huge amount of money to turn down, however  if you look at it in the context of the revenue being made here, is it? 

Maybe duff and axl didn't want to throw izzy under the bus in that interview, ever think of that? "Izzy is not here because he's demanding too much money" causes a shit storm, Axl and slash never said any such thing and without izzy's tweet it would all be behind the scenes still. 

8 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

Then how could he even argue he deserves equal pay if it was only a guest spot?

From what ive heard he was in before slash and duff put pen to paper and things went sour and i don't know any more details than that. 

Well, if he was asked to be full time. He sure wouldn't be just a mere hired guy, would he? I think that's what he meant with splitting the loot. He sure wanted participation in the overall profit even if it was less than the big 3 were earning.

I don't think he was in before Slash.

The way Axl explained things in the T.V. interview. It doesn't sound like Izzy was already there

13 hours ago, Padme said:

I think that's correct. But here is the catch, Axl doesn't keep that 50% for himself only. He pays Frank, Richard, Melissa, TB, etc. So that 50% ends up being like 30% or less in his own pocket. Those people have been hired by him. Adler said that Fernando paid him. Obviously Fernando didn't pay with his own money. Where Adler's money came from?

I don't think it works like that. At least not if the 'big three' are really partners in this. It would be 50% of the money that's left after the band and crew's salaries are paid.