Holy shit Izzy loves us

How would u feel with all the work Izzy has done  to be hired as a hired hand.  It's being demoted to a lower status.  I would be pissed to.  I hate not seeing Izzy there but he did the right thing.  I am loving him releasing his music and tweets and deletes..love u Izzy.. please tour.. US.. I no your reading this..

• Like 1

One of the reasons Izzy left is because was going to get less money touring UYI. 

If Izzy rejoined even if just to write they'd have a record pretty quick. 6 new songs from Izzy, Axl's material, Slash/Duff stuff. Then work on 10 songs for a record. 

20 minutes ago, wasted said:

One of the reasons Izzy left is because was going to get less money touring UYI. 

If Izzy rejoined even if just to write they'd have a record pretty quick. 6 new songs from Izzy, Axl's material, Slash/Duff stuff. Then work on 10 songs for a record. 

Axl has enough material for three or four albums even without Slash, Duff and Izzy. They could work as co-songwriters on them.

1 hour ago, Kmartin9928 said:

How would u feel with all the work Izzy has done  to be hired as a hired hand.  It's being demoted to a lower status.  I would be pissed to.  I hate not seeing Izzy there but he did the right thing.  I am loving him releasing his music and tweets and deletes..love u Izzy.. please tour.. US.. I no your reading this..

Apart from a few guest appearances with guns izzy hasn't done any work with guns n roses in 20 years. In that time Axl, Slash and Duff have managed the partnership. That isn't just sitting on your ass collecting cheques, it's been very ugly and complicated for all 3. Something izzy has never had to deal with, something izzy never wanted to deal with. Izzy gets his dues and royalties for the songs he wrote he doesn't deserve a equal share of any business drummed up by partnership if the partnership think it's unfair to them.

• Like 1

its just a matter of time when things are put into perspective, i mean them adding a song like double talking vive into the new mix to provide value add is a bit offside without izzy's presence 

furthermore, the fact that the band doesn't say anything on stage axl is awfully quiet on stage since the NITL where is the odd rant?? he probably feels a bit awkward and is just got $$$ on the eyes to compromise being more vocal with the crowd etc 

trust me im down with an axl rant its his trademark! 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr

42 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

You(and the others who say the same as you) say its easy for those of us saying bring Steven and Izzy back because its comfortable and we don't have the responsibility of being in these legal and financial dealings.

Then you imply Izzy should eat a shit sandwich and just accept what he's offered.

You're a hypocrite.

Steven rehearsed AFD and a bunch of UYI everyday for 2 years. Steven is clean and sober. He proved himself by sticking rigidly to the NDA. Steven is a founding member of Guns N' Roses and is the best drummer. There is no risk with Steven because if he did go off the rails then Frank could take his place.

Izzy will always be the 2nd guitarist and never the 3rd wheel because he isn't a hired hand he is a founding member who wrote a lot of the songs and he has made it clear that the only reason he isn't currently part of the reunion is because they low-balled him. He's not a risk because Fortus could take his place if he did bail. That's all fact, not my or others opinion so stop trying to paint the narrative that Axl and Duff attempted that Steven and Izzy are an unreliable risk.

This is all very simple and it irritates me that it isn't clicking with some people.

Adler's clean and sober until the day he's not - again - and then a tour that really doesn't need any distractions/cancellations is dealing with distractions/cancellations. If it was your money, reputation and career resurgence on the line you wouldn't be saying Alder's no risk. 

4 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

Adler's clean and sober until the day he's not - again - and then a tour that really doesn't need any distractions/cancellations is dealing with distractions/cancellations. If it was your money, reputation and career resurgence on the line you wouldn't be saying Alder's no risk. 

is axl not the only one right now from the originals that still likes to get fucked up? 

what is this double standard shit? 

Just now, Oldest Goat said:

I didn't simply say "Adler's no risk." though did I? I said Frank could take his place if he went off the rails, therefore no risk.

So you're paying Frank to keep him on retainer? And bringing him to every show so if Adler goes off the rails that night you don't have to cancel it? Is Frank practicing with the band so he's ready to go on a day's notice? 

48 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

You(and the others who say the same as you) say its easy for those of us saying bring Steven and Izzy back to do so because its comfortable and we don't have the responsibility of being in these legal and financial dealings.

Then you imply Izzy should eat a shit sandwich and just accept what he's offered.

You're a hypocrite.

Steven rehearsed AFD and a bunch of UYI everyday for 2 years. Steven is clean and sober. He proved himself by sticking rigidly to the NDA. Steven is a founding member of Guns N' Roses. There is no risk with Steven because if he did go off the rails then Frank could take his place.

Izzy has made it clear that the only reason he isn't currently part of the reunion is because they low-balled him. That's all fact, not my or others opinion.

This is all very simple and it irritates me that it isn't clicking with some people.

How can you ensure that what was offered to Izzy is a shit sandwich? Do you know anything else that we do not know about? Can you tell us what exactly was offered?

Tell me, how could Steven have rehearsed every day for 2 years if Duff called him to talk about the shows in January 2016 and rehearsals started in March 2016?

Are you sure you know how the drug adiction works?Do you really believe he's fully recovered from it? Tell me how many tours he started and how how many he completed. 2 or 4 years clean, for his history, are nothing! It`s not a guarantee.

Ok, they start a tour with Steven then somethig happens and Frank comes.Tell me how you fell if you buy a ticket to see GNR with Steven and then they have Frank on drums? I mean, they sells a ticket for a AFD5`s show and then people gets Frank. Yeah, again, it´s too easy to say do this do that. I can resolve all world`s problems just behind my PC.

1 minute ago, Derick said:

How can you ensure that what was offered to Izzy is a shit sandwich? Do you know anything else that we do not know about? Can you tell us what exactly was offered?

Tell me, how could Steven have rehearsed every day for 2 years if Duff called him to talk about the shows in January 2016 and rehearsals started in March 2016?

Are you sure you know how the drug adiction works?Do you really believe he's fully recovered from it? Tell me how many tours he started and how how many he completed. 2 or 4 years clean, for his history, are nothing! It`s not a guarantee.

Ok, they start a tour with Steven then somethig happens and Frank comes.Tell me how you fell if you buy a ticket to see GNR with Steven and then they have Frank on drums? I mean, they sells a ticket for a AFD5`s show and then people gets Frank. Yeah, again, it´s too easy to say do this do that. I can resolve all world`s problems just behind my PC.

im gonna guess steven likes to smoke the odd joint still and thats it 

in his interview he said he was off all of hard drugs = meaning he likes the odd joint 

i dont think he's boozing though 

3 minutes ago, Derick said:

Given their history, the last thing the GNR comeback tour needs is them still cancelling shows because one of them's still getting fucked up in their 50's. 

10 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

Given their history, the last thing the GNR comeback tour needs is them still cancelling shows because one of them's still getting fucked up in their 50's. 

yeah call 911 

steven came back and didn't relapse, there is the obvious contingency plan 

i think more urgently is sorum's re-involvement on november rain coma and especially estranged 

10 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

So you're paying Frank to keep him on retainer? And bringing him to every show so if Adler goes off the rails that night you don't have to cancel it? Is Frank practicing with the band so he's ready to go on a day's notice? 

According to Adler, Frank would have been on the tour anyway, playing the CD songs and some Illusions stuff.

1 minute ago, Oldest Goat said:

1. I can't ensure that. No I don't. No I can't. I can only offer my opinion and the facts I and others have already stated.

2. Because Steven is so passionate and dedicated to being reliable he rehearsed in anticipation for 2 years. This is without doubt considering he can play his songs/and the UYI material flawlessly. 

3. Unfortunately I am well aware of how drug addiction works because in real life I know someone with this tragic affliction, to an extent worse than any of the GNR members. Once an addict always an addict, it requires eternal vigilance - that doesn't mean doubting them at all costs even when they consistently prove themselves. For. Fuck. Sake.

4. I feel about the same as when I saw them in February. Except happier because they gave him a real chance. They are marketing this thing as 'the big 3' they don't have to make any promises in their marketing. Which I would like to point out is pretty sparse anyway.

5. You think I think I can resolve all the world's problems from behind my PC? Fucking idiot.

@Modano09 Your argument hinges on a vague hypothetical of "Yeah, well, uh, what if Steven suddenly OD's in front of Axl as they're walking on stage." It is a very weak argument.

And your argument hinges on a guy who couldn't handle opening for Loaded three years ago being able to handle two year world stadium world tour.

36 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

He didn't relapse with the back injury, despite the physical pain he went through and the emotional pain of not being allowed to be part of the band as he was supposed to. This idea that he's eventually going to relapse doesn't make sense anymore. It's been many years since he quit drugs and a few since he quit alcohol.

Slash and Duff were major addicts too. Just because people like them more or because Slash is seen as more important to the band, it doesn't mean he has less chances of relapsing. I don't see it happening to neither of them, though.

And no, they wouldn't have to pay Frank to hang around just in case, he'd be playing part of the set. That's what they were going to do and Steven is fine with it.

32 minutes ago, Derick said:

If that was the case I would be pissed at Steven (if it was a relapse, which again, there's NO REASON to expect) or sorry for him (if it was an injury), wouldn't blame the band and still would be happy to see the other three. But people in this forum keeps mentioning how Steven and Izzy don't sell tickets and most of the people going to the shows don't care about them, then I don't see what would be the problem if Steven was going to play and then couldn't. Most people wouldn't notice, right? It would be a problem just for us, the few die hards, wouldn't it?

32 minutes ago, Derick said:

This is just shit you're making up. He's been clean for almost a decade and that's a major achievement, no matter what you say. That's like saying Axl can start causing riots and showing up three hours late again "because of his history". Slash and Duff almost killed themselves with drugs and booze, Izzy said he had them on his "top ten of people who could die this week". All of them had bad habits they could go back into. Expecting Steven to fall again while assuming the others are immune is extremely hypocritical.

11 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

And your argument hinges on a guy who couldn't handle opening for Loaded three years ago being able to handle two year world stadium world tour.

That's simply a lie. Steven played all the shows and that's handling a tour, otherwise GNR couldn't handle a single show in the whole 85-93 era according to your standards.

Steven still had drinking issues at that point which had nothing to do with touring with Loaded. Later on, he cancelled a tour with his band to get treatment and get past those drinking issues and he succeded so far. Maybe he could start drinking again someday, or maybe that could be Slash. People assumes Duff could never have any of this problems again, like he's superman now or something because he looks healthy and is more educated and whatever, yet he had problems again during VR (which luckily he took care of and conquered before they became a big deal).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oldest Goat said:

You(and the others who say the same as you) say its easy for those of us saying bring Steven and Izzy back because its comfortable and we don't have the responsibility of being in these legal and financial dealings.

You're a hypocrite.

Steven rehearsed AFD and a bunch of UYI everyday for 2 years. Steven is clean and sober. He proved himself by sticking rigidly to the NDA. Steven is a founding member of Guns N' Roses and is the best drummer. There is no risk with Steven because if he did go off the rails then Frank could take his place.

Izzy will always be the 2nd guitarist and never the 3rd wheel because he isn't a hired hand he is a founding member who wrote a lot of the songs and he has made it clear that the only reason he isn't currently part of the reunion is because they low-balled him. He's not a risk because Fortus could take his place if he did bail. That's all fact, not my or others opinion so stop trying to paint the narrative that Axl and Duff attempted that Steven and Izzy are an unreliable risk.

Fortus could take his place? Frank could take Stevens place? Hardly a vote of confidence in them both! So if they had advertised it as AFD5 and they did both bail what would have been the reaction of the people who bought tickets to see a line up with Steven and izzy but got frank and fortus instead? Would they have been as understanding as AC/DC fans were when Axl was announced as the singer for them? Starting Petitions to boycot the shows, demanding refunds etc? Or would the GNR fan base suddenly have become very understanding? How would the press have covered Steven and or izzy quiting the tour? 

Edited by MADDOGJONES