Holy shit Izzy loves us

57 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

According to Adler, Frank would have been on the tour anyway, playing the CD songs and some Illusions stuff.

@Modano09 knows this, everyone keeps reminding him of that, he doesn't care.  He is just grinding his axe as usual.  

Edited by tsinindy
  • Like 2

I guess it did happen organically. It wasn't this big reunion idea. Like we can cash in on the AFD line up. It was like they lost members and the offers for Axl/Slash came in. It grew. The money was offered for those guys, not Izzy. That sucks that that is the reality of stadium shows/fans. I guess with Slash needing money it was harder to cut Izzy and Steven in on equal loot. 

But maybe it could happen later. There's money in them hills for sure. 

Please keep to the topic at hand or keep things respectful if discussion gets a little off track.  

Telling people where to go because you don't agree with their viewpoint won't be tolerated around here.

Either stay on topic or stay out of the topic.  

Please consider this a general warning.  Further disregard to this warning will result in warning points and/or suspensions.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

compassion at a comparable $2/hour rate 

How did you work that figure out? If they offered either izzy or Steven $2 an hour I would be disgusted with Axl, Slash and duff. But we all know they didn't so not sure why you would say the figure they offered is comparable to $2 and hour. What figure did they offer and how have you worked out that is comparable to $2 per hour?

Edited by MADDOGJONES

11 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

@Modano09 knows this, everyone keeps reminding him of that, he doesn't care.  He is just grinding his axe as usual.  

If they have a drummer why does Adler have to be involved in the first place? The concessions and back up plans made to accommodate having Adler around just aren't worth it to anyone outside of the 5% of think he has to be there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Oldest Goat said:

Maybe go back to the previous page and actually read my posts. Also read BorderlineCrazy's post I completely concur with it.

As far as ACDC fans and the press? I don't care and apparently neither do Axl, Slash or Duff.

I'm replying directly to the post I quoted, I don't need to read other posts you've made, they are irrelevant. I really would like your opinion on what you think the fallout would be from those two bailing on a tour midway to be replaced by fortus and frank, as you stated it was zero risk to have izzy and Steven on board as frank and fortus would step in for them. It's clear to me that if one or two members bailed on a tour of the AFD5, it would be a disaster for the band. If you paid to see the AFD5 but you got fortus and frank how would you feel? Many are already very upset that they are not there (you seem to be), so how would you feel if you had tickets?

5 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

If they have a drummer why does Adler have to be involved in the first place? The concessions and back up plans made to accommodate having Adler around just aren't worth it to anyone outside of the 5% of think he has to be there.

Hmm, I think because of the same reason Slash and Duff are back, because they are the real band.

If Axl comes out and says he still hates Slash and only reunited with him because it was a great business opportunity, then we'll understand why Steven isn't involved. Maybe it's just disappointment because we want to believe these guys care about other things besides money, I don't know.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MADDOGJONES said:

How did you work that figure out? If they offered either izzy or Steven $2 an hour I would be disgusted with Axl, Slash and duff. But we all know they didn't so not sure why you would say the figure they offered is comparable to $2 and hour. What figure did they offer and how have you worked out that is comparable to $2 per hour?

haha i laughed in a good way to this 

ratio to say what they earn per month on the dollar to what is offered 

im gonna guess izzy was never offered more than $20k you compare that to say $3mil per show or whatever the hell it is it just seems or feels like $2/hour when you compare to what the others are making

7 minutes ago, MADDOGJONES said:

1 minute ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Hmm, I think because of the same reason Slash and Duff are back, because they are the real band.

If Axl comes out and says he still hates Slash and only reunited with him because it was a great business opportunity, then we'll understand why Steven isn't involved. Maybe it's just disappointment because we want to believe these guys care about other things besides money, I don't know.

The vast majority doesn't care about Steven Adler.

10 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

yes this is getting off topic though then 

back on topic an izzy jem where he really demontrates his chops and to highlight for those that don't know adler he performs top notch here too 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

The vast majority of the fans care about him, definitely but I was talking about the band.

The vast majority of the people attending to the shows does NOT care about Steven or Izzy OR DUFF. That's true and that means the idea of risking the tour doesn't make sense because the vast majority wouldn't mind if Steven was supposed to play a bunch of songs but it ends up being just Frank the entire show after all.

15 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

Give it up bro, just give it up.  I'm not arguing with you anymore on this

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

haha i laughed in a good way to this 

ratio to say what they earn per month on the dollar to what is offered 

im gonna guess izzy was never offered more than $20k you compare that to say $3mil per show or whatever the hell it is it just seems or feels like $2/hour when you compare to what the others are making

You can make it "feel" that way if you don't know the actual figures and we don't know it all. It's been reported that GNR are charging 3 million a show, but they put on the show for that and pay all the crew, travel and Richard, frank, melillisa and dizzy. Then what's left is split it up according to the agreed percentages of duff, slash and Axl. We don't know this final figure, so we can't really say they low balled izzy. Just because izzy felt that way doesn't make it so, as obviously the band thought it was the right amount, but izzy didn't. Further, Izzy never stated he was low balled, he stated he didn't get an equal share so he declined to be involved. He has every right to do whatever he wants, but just because he thinks he's not getting what is due to him it doesn't mean Axl, Slash and duff have done a number on him, both sides clearly have a different point of view on the value of izzy as part of the current live band.

Edited by MADDOGJONES

12 minutes ago, Magnus Cavalerra said:

They already said many times that Slash and Duff back just to fill the vacant spot, so unless Fortus an Frank leaves by themselves or fired due to becoming huge douche like Pitman unfortunately they would not go anywhere.

Who are THEY? Axl, Slash and Duff haven't said that, have they? Personally, I don't think that's the reason. I mean, maybe it's true that Axl doesn't wanna fire them but I'm pretty sure that even if Frank quit the band, Axl still wouldn't want Steven to be back full time.

3 minutes ago, MADDOGJONES said:

You can make it "feel" that way if you don't know the actually figures and we don't know it all. It's been reported that GNR are charging 3 million a show, but they put on the show for that and pay all the crew, travel and Richard, frank, melillisa and dizzy. Then what's left is split it up according to the agreed percentages of duff, slash and Axl. We don't know this final figure, so we can't really say they low balled izzy. Just because izzy felt that way doesn't make it so, as obviously the band thought it was the right amount, but izzy didn't. Further, Izzy never stated he was low balled, he stated he didn't get an equal share so he declined to be involved. He has every right to do whatever he wants, but just because he thinks he's not getting what is due to him it doesn't mean Axl, Slash and duff have done a number on him, both sides clearly have a different point of view on the value of izzy as part of the current live band.

sure, we don't know and it's nobody's real business 

however with the amount of money they are making, i find it difficult to think they couldn't figure out a way to make it work and for it not to be perceived as pure greed 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr

On 3/10/2017 at 10:51 AM, gunsfanoldie said:

Guy practically invented GNR. Without him, there wouldn't be a band for you to follow. I admire that he stuck to his GUNS (AND ROSES) and fought to be equal. He deserves to be. You and I should set up an old style cage fight. You as Axl, me as Izzy. I'll leave you high and dry right when the match has reached its peak and you'll destroy yourself with your own delusions. Then you'll shack up with a guy who eats KFC.

you do have to remember everything was roses when we held onto the guns

23 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

My other posts are relevant to the questions you asked and so is BorderlineCrazy's post which I agree with word for word. It's not like I'm randomly telling you to go read some random posts lol.

By bailing you mean they just don't show up or OD or something? Like a black and white hypothetical where it's irrefutably their fault? Well, if that was the case my opinion would be that it was irrefutably their fault and that they bailed.

As far as the fallout I think all the other hardcore fans like myself would be greatly disappointed. What's your point? That it would derail everything and cause a GNR financial disaster? So far they are still selling tickets without Izzy or Steven. BorderlineCrazy already made a good point about this in his post. You are talking about a hypothetical AFD tour, I am talking about this tour and have already given my point about the marketing or lack thereof in my other post, one page back. If I had tickets to see AFD5 and Izzy and Steven weren't there I would feel jilted and upset.

You were the one who said frank was there if Steven bailed. I'm using your argument, if it's a black and white hypothetical why did you mention it in the first place? I'm playing by your rules here, not the other way around.

whats my point? You stated that there was ZERO risk involving them as frank or fortus could step in. My reply addresses that potential risk... I'm not sure why you're so surprised at where this conversation has ended up, I am responding directly to points and statements you raised.

why are you talking about this tour? This tour doesn't have izzy and Steven as full members. It already happened for the most part. You are talking about not involving izzy and Steven as full members on tour, that desision was made before this tour happened (obviously), so of course we are discussing a hypothetical tour. We are discussing the not in this lifetime tour if Steven and izzy were involved which is what you advocate! That show would have clearly stated it was the AFD5. 

You state there would have been zero risk in that tour as they have back up members, clearly that isn't true. If they did that tour and something went wrong and we got the zero risk back up players you would not have been the only one jilted and upset. People would have blamed Axl, Slash and duff (like they are now) but it would have been a lot worse.

My point, it's incorrect to state that including Steven and Izzy is zero risk because you have frank and fortus ready to jump in. I'm not even stating that izzy would be unreliable, by the way, who knows, but we know Steven couldn't make it more than 4 or 5 shows.

Edited by MADDOGJONES

19 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

sure, we don't know and it's nobody's real business 

however with the amount of money they are making, i find it difficult to think they couldn't figure out a way to make it work and for it not to be perceived as pure greed 

I agree.I am very surprised that money stopped izzy being a part of the shows, considering that Axl and Izzy have played together many times in recent years. Slash and Steven playing with Axl again always seemed impossible, which makes it even more strange that they couldn't work this one out with Izzy.

5 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

this thread feels like its been bombarded by a bunch of paid gnr camp posters trying to sabotoge the thread! 

Just because people have other opinions it doesn't mean they are getting paid by GNR to spread propaganda.

You should be aware that the current line up has a lot of fans, you might have heard about the widely successful tour they're playing now, right? so of course you're going to get people defending GNR and their decisions on a GNR board.

Just now, MADDOGJONES said:

Just because people have other opinions it doesn't mean they are getting paid by GNR to spread propaganda.

You should be aware that the current line up has a lot of fans, you might have heard about the widely successful tour they're playing now, right? so of course you're going to get people defending GNR and their decisions on a GNR board.

these posts dont sound like they are coming from new fans that like this incarnation, those fans wouldn't be that die hard to be on this board i don't think 

9 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

these posts dont sound like they are coming from new fans that like this incarnation, those fans wouldn't be that die hard to be on this board i don't think 

Who said they were "new fans"? I've been a fan since the 90's, I like some lineups better than others but I am a Guns N Roses fan, I like the current line up, love the AFD line up and I like many of the others too. They don't have to be new fans or old fans, there is only one guns n roses and that is the line up that is playing now. 

Edited by MADDOGJONES