Could this work for CD2/Red Panda ?

I would much rather hear CD2 than anything Axl cranks out with Slash and Duff. First of all, Slash hasn't written anything amazing in over a decade. Secondly, Axl was on fire during the CD era. Think what you like of the music, but he was angry, heartbroken and as passionate as a songwriter as ever.

The nightmare scenario for me is Slash and Duff reworking songs from CD II. AL/WOF music mixed with vocals/lyrics Axl wrote in the Robin/Bucket era would be a travesty.

Edited by ShadowOfTheWave
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

I would much rather hear CD2 than anything Axl cranks out with Slash and Duff. First of all, Slash hasn't written anything amazing in over a decade. Secondly, Axl was on fire during the CD era. Think what you like of the music, but he was angry, heartbroken and as passionate as a songwriter as ever.

The nightmare scenario for me is Slash and Duff reworking songs from CD II. AL/WOF music mixed with vocals/lyrics Axl wrote in the Robin/Bucket era would be a travesty.

Depends on the travesty.

27 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Read the thread dipwad.

Why do I have to read the thread? I responded to a post with a fact then you repsonded to me and contradicted my fact. Then I responded to you, why do I have to read something else?

I was right and you were wrong so you resort to name calling and breaking forums rules. You are pathetic mate, you don't have a clue about what you are trying to discuss so you start abusing other forum members. Grow up and stop trying to drag everyone else down to your level.

Edited by MADDOGJONES
  • Like 1

no it would be pretty ridiculous of them to ask for more money (not to mention im sure there is label interest in a album with Axl/Slash/Duff)

just lock in the studio and get something done.

Edited by -W.A.R-

21 minutes ago, MADDOGJONES said:

Why do I have to read the thread? I responded to a post with a fact then you repsonded to me and contradicted my fact. Then I responded to you, why do I have to read something else?

I was right and you were wrong so you resort to name calling and breaking forums rules. You are pathetic mate, you don't have a clue about what you are trying to discuss so you start abusing other forum members. Grow up and stop trying to drag everyone else down to your level.

Because the thread talks about what I said....that's why.  It's called a thread b/c there are posts in it that revolve around a discussion regarding a particular topic, not just what you said and I said.  This is how an internet forum works, it isn't all about you :)

I know, I called you a dipwad...will you be OK?  I'm sorry, I hope you aren't too butthurt and will do your best to forgive me.   

Edited by tsinindy

Just now, tsinindy said:

Because the thread talks about what I said....that's why.  It's called a thread b/c there are posts in that revolve around a discussion regarding a particular topic, not just what you said and I said.  This is how an internet forum works, it isn't all about you :)

Yes that's how a thread works, well done!

We aren't leaving random posts in a thread we are quoting specific posts. We both quoted specific posts and responded to them. Do yo understand how quoting works and what it means yet?

The thread doesn't talk about "what you said" you said what you said and it's factually incorrect. Any decent person would accept that but someone who name calls when things don't go their way probably doesn't full anywhere near "decent". 

Just now, MADDOGJONES said:

Yes that's how a thread works, well done!

We aren't leaving random posts in a thread we are quoting specific posts. We both quoted specific posts and responded to them. Do yo understand how quoting works and what it means yet?

The thread doesn't talk about "what you said" you said what you said and it's factually incorrect. Any decent person would accept that but someone who name calls when things don't go their way probably doesn't full anywhere near "decent". 

Yes, it actually does, again READ IT jesus christ.  

16 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Yes, it actually does, again READ IT jesus christ.  

Jesus Christ isn't going to help your lack of knowledge or use of terrible logic. He may help you respect other people a little more instead of name calling them for having a different opinion or having more facts than you.

It's a shame that I have to hold your hand for this but here we go.

A forum member posted this:

Axl has made it very clear that he never wants anyone to hear new music.

As Axl has never made any such statement and has in fact made a contradictory statement, I followed up with this:

He made it very clear that he wants to release new music.

What I posted is a fact, Axl made it clear he wanted release new music at the China exchange interview.

You then quoted me and responded with the following:

Uh no....lol, he didn't actually.

So what does anything else someone else may have posted have to do with the discussion we were having? The discussion where I am 100% correct and where everyone else who reads this knows I am correct, everyone except you of course, who pretends to not know I'm correct. You would rather teach me how Internet forums work with a little help from Jesus and call me names. Please, for sake of all things holy try and wriggle out this one without anymore name calling or divine intervention.

You need to defend your post claiming that Axl didn't say that he wanted to release new music or you and your crown of thorns need to do one.

Edited by MADDOGJONES
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MADDOGJONES said:

You need to defend your post claiming that Axl didn't say that he wanted to release new music or you and your crown of thorns need to do one.

I did, read the thread, you are now on ignore, see ya!

3 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

????... really? I read through the whole thread and not at any point did you post anything that proved Axl didn't say that he wanted to release new music at the China exchange. i don't blame you for putting me on ignore, it's not fun to have to argue facts and logic when you have none yourself. Enjoy your bubble.

I said that Axl has made it very clear that he has no intentions of releasing new music.

I didn't say that he SAID anything.

His actions, as always, speak louder than anything he can promise.  He could have released music at any time in the last 20 years.  He could release new music RIGHT NOW, this second.

He doesn't, because he chooses not to.  There is nothing and nobody stopping him.  He alone is the SINGLE SOLITARY REASON there has been no new Guns N' Roses music since CD was released over eight years ago.

Anyone that has ever been a GNR fan for even a few months already knows this.

I have to agree with the other poster, emphatically:  Maddogjones is indeed a "dipwad."

13 hours ago, wasted said:

I liked that idea of getting the mp3 album with the show ticket. You sell 50k albums each show. 

That'd be smart. Do another stadium tour and that's millions of albums sold, they could also put it up on the internet and in stores for another 5-6 million. Since the songs are already done and just sitting in the vault, this could be a great way to distribute them. We can only dream...

4 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

That'd be smart. Do another stadium tour and that's millions of albums sold, they could also put it up on the internet and in stores for another 5-6 million. Since the songs are already done and just sitting in the vault, this could be a great way to distribute them. We can only dream...

Look at the ticket prices. They coild easily include the price of a cd in the Show package. Hand it to you on the way out or give you a code for online. 

Or sell it like merch. People pay how much for a shirt? I'd pay 50 bucks for a double cd at this point. Triple cd me. Sell it with the t shirt. 

It's a bizarre situation. If Pitman had stayed he could have had a towel act at the merch store and made a killing. 

Edited by wasted
  • Like 1

On 14. maaliskuuta 2017 at 4:39 AM, tsinindy said:

My god :facepalm:

Axl has said several times that he wants to release music, it's fucked up that we are still waiting that to happen, but it's also fucked up to think that Axl is the only one to blame for that. Geffen/Jimmy Iovine etc was a lot to blame for CD's delay...and many understands that we are now in very difficult time period, when Axl has tons of CD leftovers and stuff from CD2, but releasing those tracks without Slash and Duff wouldn't make much sense, so they need to re-record lots of stuff, and stil people would be complaining that it would not be true Guns record...

2 hours ago, ruttu69 said:

My god :facepalm:

Axl has said several times that he wants to release music, it's fucked up that we are still waiting that to happen, but it's also fucked up to think that Axl is the only one to blame for that. Geffen/Jimmy Iovine etc was a lot to blame for CD's delay...and many understands that we are now in very difficult time period, when Axl has tons of CD leftovers and stuff from CD2, but releasing those tracks without Slash and Duff wouldn't make much sense, so they need to re-record lots of stuff, and stil people would be complaining that it would not be true Guns record...

Oh you really think Geffen was the reason CD was delayed?  That's cute.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, estrangedtwat said:

Oh you really think Geffen was the reason CD was delayed?  That's cute.

He didn't write that, he wrote that they were ALSO to blame. Which, of course, is true. They are the ones who wanted the album recorded again with RTB. It was delayed for many reasons, but we do know Axl thought it was ready 6 or 7 years before it finally came out. So it's not all on Axl, although I'm sure he had a hand in the delays too.

Edited by MADDOGJONES