Poll: Dust N' Bones vs. 14 Years

Dust N' Bones vs 14 Years  

157 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

32 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

They're both masterpieces and in my top five from the Illusions. In fact they might both be in the top three. I cannot choose one in your poll above the other.

I have to give you a like just because you made a positive comment. Keep it up Diesel!:headbang: 

• Like 1

14 Years, for sure.

Axl's background vocals in the second chorus of Dust N' Bones bothers me too... he does this 'speaking demon voice' (or however you wanna call it) in some songs with the sighs and emphasis on certain words and I really don't like it, kinda ruines it for me.   

Edited by EvanG

14 Que...14 Beers, Love that they quickly thought better of the first attempt of naming the song ?

I love the lyrics on both of these tracks, but 14 years has the edge for me. My favourite line: You know...just like a hooker, she said nothings for free. Somehow the song epitomises how I imagine they were living at the time.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Cold Jen Time said:

14 Years.  One of my fav Izzy songs. 

And I actually super dig the piano on it. 

I can't believe I just said that about a GNR song.  Don't tell anyone.  :ph34r:

¿Wtf?

Dust N' Bones easily for me.

I saw Duff play it when he opened for Axl in 2011, and it was pretty good. I wouldn't mind them playing this one again without Izzy. I saw Axl and Izzy play 14 Years in 2012 and it was cool to see them playing it but I've never liked it as much as Dust N' Bones.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Archtop said:

You know...just like a hooker, she said nothings for free. Somehow the song epitomises how I imagine they were living at the time.

that is my favorite line too! the whole song is just rockin' though:headbang: but i love Dust N' Bones too and Axl and Izzy sharing the mic :)

14 Years, though I do love both songs.

If they are looking for material for a new album, they could write a sequel called "28 Years" since we'll be coming up on 28 years since the band first started to break apart with Steven departure in 1990. :P

Edited by thunderram
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, thunderram said:

14 Years, thought I do love both songs.

If they are looking for material for a new album, they could write a sequel called "28 Years" since well be coming up on 28 years since the band first started to break apart with Steven departure in 1990. :P

hahaha! good idea :P

1 hour ago, Sunset Gardner said:

jesus… like asking me my arms or my legs.  i'd have to go with 14 years.  but dnb is a izzy masterpiece for sure.  thank you izzy.  

It was written by Slash, Duff and Izzy.

1 hour ago, EvanG said:

It was written by Slash, Duff and Izzy.

Izzy vocal masterpiece, and obviously I have no idea, wasn't there, but feels like izzy was the heart & soul on this one with no disrespect to his co-writers.   could be wrong, has anyone written or spoken on the origins of dust n bones?  

Edited by Sunset Gardner

14 Years with zero hesitation. I've never cared for Dust N' Bones. 14 Years is pretty cool song. 

*Edit: Plus the 14 Years demo with extended guitar solo outro is awesome. 

Edited by Bono
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Cold Jen Time said:

14 Years.  One of my fav Izzy songs. 

And I actually super dig the piano on it. 

I can't believe I just said that about a GNR song.  Don't tell anyone.  :ph34r:

I think  that the piano sounds good in both of these songs.  

It feels like a natural part of them, not a shoehorned element that only makes songs sound  crowded and overproduced. So Dizzy compliments Izzy :)

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Fourteenbeers said:

I think  that the piano sounds good in both of these songs.  

It feels like a natural part of them, not a shoehorned element that only makes songs sound  crowded and overproduced. So Dizzy compliments Izzy :)

i love the piano sound of GN'R! one person ( sorry do not recall the name ) described as saloon piano :)

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

honky talk sounds right! i just always said a bluesy kind of piano :) but honky tonk is great!

I always thought of it as saloon music as you said.

14 years and DnB sound like songs you'd hear in some sleazy dive bar where the patrons wear cowboy hats and chew tobacco :lol:

• Like 1