General Hospital and Other Soap Talk

I'm not sure I could get used to it now, but I bet with the snow it looks so pretty.

Well, bad news, GH has halted filming due to a bad covid outbeak. I was wondering if others would get it since Maxie has been working with everyone these days. I hope they are all vaccinated and will get better soon.  Still not sure about Luke being dead. I bet he's with Holly captured by Victor Cassadine.

I read that Tony Geary said he would come back to GH to do a short story line and I bet they are gearing up for it, but now with production halted who knows? this sucks.

I wonder how the other soaps are doing? I'm still wondering on Days if Missy Reeves has been vaccinated? Nothing has been said.

Brooke is losing it on Bold now. lol Don't like her so I don't care. Sheila thinks she and Taylor are besties. lol She needs to put a stop to it.

I was watching an ID show about Alaska and the police guy who lived there said Fairbanks is way north so their darkness is longer. It did look pretty when they showed the snow.

ID has a new show called "Cold Blooded Alaska". I love when they say how these places are safe and then there's a terrible murder. lol Sometimes it just seems funny when they say we leave out doors open and then someone they all know and love get murdered.

Well, try to stay well. This omicron is out of control. I hope my daughter can get a booster soon too. The news said by March. She goes back to school on Monday. I'm so sick of worrying about this damn virus

GH, Greys, Station 19 etc. all postponed production, but GH should start filming next week....so they won't be too far behind. They are all vaccinated. Disney mandates it....breakthrough cases unfortunately are unavoidable. You just have to do the best you can.

It is SO great seeing Tracy and finally someone knows whose baby is whose! I wonder what will happen now....I heard that about Luke too...he said he would possibly agree coming back for 6 weeks IF the script was good enough. You know, Maxie should just tell her mother the truth about Louise, I know if I told my mom to keep a secret, she absolutely would!

and yeah once Brooke starts unraveling, she becomes an emotional hot mess. Now, it looks like she is about to fess up to Ridge, oh boy!!!!

Yeah, this omicron variant is a bitch. So glad all the actors are vaccinated, so hopefully they will come back to work soon. This is a crazy time for everyone.

Yeah, Brooke told Ridge and Hope she slipped in drinking, but not all of it, like kissing Deacon. lol Douglas told Thomas he saw Brooke killing Santa Clause, but he corrected him about mommy and not grandma. Oh well. Sheila won't ever be able to stop being crazy unless she sees a doctor. I was waiting for Taylor to suggest a therapist for her. Maybe that's what she needs. If it takes long for her to be able to see Finn and Hayes again, she won't be able to control herself.

It would be cool for Luke and Holly to be held captured together and escape and then get rid of Victor. I so want Peter gone too. It's going on too long, but GH hates to get rid of their villains that quickly, but Peter is the worse.

I have noticed that many tv shows aren't new every week. They must be filming less shows and putting more repeats.

The Walking Dead comes back in February to end it. I'm wondering how it will end for good. I'm betting Maggie will kill Negan and since I love JDM that's going to suck.

I feel badly for Sonny, he did go through a lot in Nixon Falls and wasn't himself...while Carly was herself when she fell in love with Jason. So I dont know. I think she needs to cut him some slack. She has a hard time seeing the other side and opening her eyes.

And as far as Sheila, she is beyond simple therapy. She is more a mental institution type of patient lol. She can be very dangerous. I mean she did shoot Taylor for crying out loud! Oy Sheila! Makes things interesting that is for sure. 

Yeah, Sheila does have many problems for sure! lol

Since I don't like Brooke, don't really care about her drinking again. Honestly she and Ridge are very boring. Was Ridge boring with Taylor?

I thought the original Taylor and Ridge were a super hot couple. Taylor is surprising to me too.

Yeah, Carly has to cut Sonny some slack before Nina swoops in. Today, I wanted to kill Nina for being so smug. I really hope Sonny doesn't to go Nina, she can't hold a candle to what Sonny has with Carly. Yeah, she was in love with Jason, but she loved Jason long before she loved Sonny. And Sonny better not stop taking his meds as a way to punish himself with his feelings for Nina. I do wish Steve Burton would come back as Jason or replace him. I think it would make a better story with Jason in it.

I wonder who else got covid on GH and hope they are doing okay. This whole virus sucks.

Stay well.

Gosh, you know it has been awhile since I have seen Ridge with Taylor. This new Ridge was never with her I am pretty sure....so it was way back when when Hunter and Ron were on B&B. But yes, those two made for a beautiful couple...like from those romance novels lol!! 

Nin is smug and probably deserved that slap but I don't know...still kind of back her over Carly.

And as far as Covid, I have not heard of any more cases. 

I've known friends who have gotten covid but luckily we weren't near them or had seen them until they were over it. Thank goodness for that, but who knows? I just wish people would get vaccinated and wear masks.

Yeah, can't stand Nina at all these days. Carly and Sonny are almost done at this point since Sonny can't say he will get over Nina soon. I don't blame Carly for being annoyed with him. Anyway, I wish Jason was still around. I still say Luke and Holly are alive and Victor has them somewhere. Guess we'll see one way or another.

I think Britt and Austin are cute together. lol I'm wondering who Marshall was running from? Could it be Cyrus? I hope it's not Sonny because he picked the wrong town to come to. lol He won't tell Curtis who it was, but I'm sure trouble will come find Marshall again soon. I don't like this guy at all and don't know why we have to see Curtis's father now? Also still not feeling Portia and Curtis. I wonder how long it'll be before she tells him Trina is his daughter? 

I read GH is back filming again. Guess whoever was sick beside Maxie got over it quick. Good for them.

Yeah, Britt and Austin were cute together...but like good buds. Like how Brad is to her. She is the type of gal that can have a lot of guy friends. But that was a light hearted funny scene with her doing the speed dating in the bar!

There are a lot of fans who do not see any kind of chemistry between Portia and Curtis and I agree. There is none! and oh! That kiss between Esme and Spencer was um interesting. She was on the attack haha, sucking his whole face off. :lol:

and Holly, Idk...they don't even really mention her and it has been like 2 years it seems since we last saw her. I don't even think about her at all honestly.

Well, I know Emma Samms (Holly) had covid and then got married but we did see her being help captive somewhere? That's why I think possibly she and Luke might be in the same place, but who knows?

I heard an actor left Y&R due to the covid policy too.  You can't blame shows for wanting people vaccinated and safe.

I think Carly and Sonny are headed for splitville. lol Anyway, Sonny is not refilling his lithium and that's going to be trouble and drinking won't help. He has his two little girls to think about and if Ava finds out, she will seek custody of Avery. Still can't stand Nina, glad Valentin refused to help her and he doesn' tknow the whole story yet.

Wish GH would replace Jason or Steve would get vaccinated to get his job back. I think it would make for a better relationship problems if there was Jason in the mix. 

I also wish Sam would mind her own business with Alexis and Harmony. Sam was a con artist when she came to PC, so she changed, why can't Harmony. she's really trying.

I don't see any chemistry between Esme and Spencer either. Victor is so up to no good. 

I also wish Brooklyn would tell Valentin about the baby's real mother. he could help her. Once this secret comes out so many people will be hurt while others will be happy. Not going to be good.

Yes, there was one episode where you did see that Holly was a captive. But that was like a year ago...and she did have Covid but I think hers turned more into a Long Covid type situation. Which is something I hope never happens to me. I have never had it and doing my best NOT to get it! and speaking of Covid, yeah a Y&R guy did get fired because he didn't follow their protocols to the letter....he was going by the CDC and not Y&R. Kind of an unfortunate situation....

Oh yeah, I think Carly and Sonny are done....you can see the pure disgust in her eyes. Sonny is trying but she just doesn't buy it. and not taking his meds is not good! Ugh. Take your meds man!

Well, if Carly and Sonny are done, I don't think he and Nina would make a good couple at all. Time will tell, but I don't think so since Sonny isn't "mike" at all and if he stops taking his medicine a very ugly side will come out of him in  a week or 2. My late grandmother was bio polar and on lithium for years but there were times when she went off of it and believe me it was a nightmare for everyone around her. Thank goodness she had a very good therapist who helped her realize she needed it to stay on track.  Maurice Bernard knows from his own experience that going off your meds is a huge mistake and will be hell on everyone.

I think Victor will figure out that Brooklyn has Maxie's baby and tell Peter. I think this will end when Peter tries to get Maxie and louse and hopefully someone will kill him. I want this over and done with.

This whole covid variant is making everyone crazy. 4 kids in my daughter's class has it, but didn't come back to school after the break, but who knows? So many teachers in Texas are out and the schools are asking parents to become substitutes for now. What a mess! I know Biden talked today again about the tests, but we need something that will make more people get vaccinated to keep our kids safe and healthy. I know if one of my family get covid, even though we are all vaccinated, we're all going to get it. Now they want us to get these other masks. Is this a ploy to get to buy more masks and not to mention get tested even if you're not sick. I think this whole thing is getting out of hand now.

We need to close the country off again and don't allow anyone to travel in or out, but we won't do this and I doubt we'll get a handle on this unless the virus wants us to.

Wear a mask and distance and don't go clubbing on the weekend. lol

Gosh, GH was chock full of the family drama on Friday! What with Spencer and his dad and then Sonny and Michael. I am glad that Esme was not there, for she is not helping one bit. And that Dante came when he did. Michael was about to blow a freakin gasket! Hopefully they all start to notice though how manic and emotional Sonny is being because he is off his meds. He has two children, he needs to be of sound mind to be around them.

And as far as Covid, I wear medical masks and have not started wearing the 95 ones. I most likely won't.  

Well, all we can do for covid is wear a mask and get vaccinated and hope for the best.

I loved how Michael and Sonny were screaming over each other. I don't think I've seen much of that happening on soaps. I thought that was realistic. I know I talk over others a lot. It's a New York thing. lol

Yeah, I hope Sonny realizes he needs to think straight. Maybe he thinks if he goes off his meds he won't think about Nina and how he still feels about her. I can't blame Carly for not trusting him. Although I honestly think Carly needs to work it out to keep Sonny from going to Nina. I know I would totally hate it.

Oh boy, I think Paris and Carter might hook up. lol also Deacon saying he loves Brooke! I read in the tv guide in the "jeers" section, that Brooke has forgiven and gotten with Deacon 3 times and he's always messed it up. Let's ee how it goes now?

Anyway, it won't be pretty the longer Sonny is off his meds.

I hope Bold gets back to Quinn and Eric. Is he over his problem yet?

So I guess Britt also got Covid and the guy who plays Brick. Gonna post this article about him....so glad he is ok and on the mend. 

Stephen A. Smith reveals scary COVID-19 experience: 'Had I not been vaccinated, I wouldn’t be here'

Chris Cwik
Tue, January 18, 2022, 11:37 AM

ESPN's Stephen A. Smith spent New Year's Day in the hospital due to COVID-19. Smith — who is negative for the virus now — spoke about how the virus affected him, saying he was told, "Had I not been vaccinated, I wouldn't be here."

Smith returned the ESPN's "First Take" on Tuesday, where he shared his experience with COVID-19. Smith tested positive for COVID-19 in mid-December. His symptoms got worse, resulting in Smith being in the hospital on New Year's Day, according to the New York Post.

“I had 103 degree fever every night. Woke up with chills and a pool of sweat. Headaches were massive. Coughing profusely. And it got to a point where right before New Year’s Eve, I was in the hospital into New Year’s Day. That’s how I brought in the New Year.”

Doctors reportedly told Smith he would have died if he wasn't vaccinated. Smith added he's still working his back. 

“They told me, had I not been vaccinated, I wouldn’t be here. That’s how bad it was. I had pneumonia in both lungs. My liver was bad. It had ravaged me to the point where even now I have monitor my volume — get to the gym every day, walk before you run. Work your way back because I’m still not 100% with my lungs, but I’m COVID negative. I’m on the road to recovery."

18 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

So I guess Britt also got Covid and the guy who plays Brick. Gonna post this article about him....so glad he is ok and on the mend. 

Stephen A. Smith reveals scary COVID-19 experience: 'Had I not been vaccinated, I wouldn’t be here'

Chris Cwik
Tue, January 18, 2022, 11:37 AM

ESPN's Stephen A. Smith spent New Year's Day in the hospital due to COVID-19. Smith — who is negative for the virus now — spoke about how the virus affected him, saying he was told, "Had I not been vaccinated, I wouldn't be here."

Smith returned the ESPN's "First Take" on Tuesday, where he shared his experience with COVID-19. Smith tested positive for COVID-19 in mid-December. His symptoms got worse, resulting in Smith being in the hospital on New Year's Day, according to the New York Post.

“I had 103 degree fever every night. Woke up with chills and a pool of sweat. Headaches were massive. Coughing profusely. And it got to a point where right before New Year’s Eve, I was in the hospital into New Year’s Day. That’s how I brought in the New Year.”

Doctors reportedly told Smith he would have died if he wasn't vaccinated. Smith added he's still working his back. 

“They told me, had I not been vaccinated, I wouldn’t be here. That’s how bad it was. I had pneumonia in both lungs. My liver was bad. It had ravaged me to the point where even now I have monitor my volume — get to the gym every day, walk before you run. Work your way back because I’m still not 100% with my lungs, but I’m COVID negative. I’m on the road to recovery."

Yeah, I've been watching the ESPN show called The First Take and Stephen A. Smith is on it and he talked about how sick he was and how the doctors told him it was good he was fully vaccinated or he could have died. Scary. I love this guy because he HATES the Dallas Cowboys football team and he came back on Monday and boy did he rip them a new one. lol

Anyway, I wonder if he got it from GH or somewhere else? I know Britt was sick too. Hopefully she's better. I guess she broke up with the actor who played Morgan because he's with someone else.

Let's see how long it takes anyone on GH to realize Sonny is off his meds and going off the rails. If he goes to Carly off his meds he will really ruin his marriage to her. I don't want him to go to Nina because I can't stand her right now.

And what Chase said about Brooklyn wasn't nice and I felt so bad for her. You know eventually get together but who knows how long?

I also think Victor has figured out Bailey is Louise and will probably get her and get Peter and the baby out of town and here we go again. Maybe if whoever finds them, probably Anna and Valentin and maybe Robert they might also find Luke alive and well and possibly either Holly or Hayden. Time will tell.

Our Texas temps are dropping into the teens by morning and highs in the 30's. Cold has come to Texas.

My doctor told me that covid can damage your organs too so Stephen's liver being bad didn't surprise me at all. So glad he made it through. 

It is funny because I can't stand Carly right now and am #teamnina. Sorry! 

Well, Carly at least asked Sonny about his meds and Dante I think asked....so people are in the know, but it may take a minute before they fully realize how long he has been off of them.

I felt bad for Brooklyn too..but wished that she was honest with Chase about how she feels. 

and yeah Covid affects the kidneys, liver etc. It is not good!

Well, honestly, I liked the other Nina better who is now back on Y&R again.

This Nina just annoys the hell out of me. I wonder like it if Sonny turns to Nina, but off his meds who the hell knows?

on Bold Brooke is annoying me too. God, get over it. It was a kiss and you were drunk. No excuse, but honestly, go to a meeting by yourself and tell those people about the kiss. I didn't know other people could go to an AA meeting. I don't think that's good since everyone has to be on the down low. lol

yeah, my doctor agrees that covid is rough on all the organs.

My mom's cousin who lives in Florida told my mom that three of her grandkids have covid. They are 5 and up but she wasn't sure they were vaccinated. Not sure why she doesn't know that? lol Anyway, they are okay now, but they all go to school so they probably got it there.

My daughter so far is okay and so is the school, but like I said many schools in Texas are closing due to covid with kids and teachers. This seems worse to me than it did last year. So tired of worrying about my kid since we are a close family and if one of us gets it, we probably all get it even though we are all vaccinated.

Stay well.

Just hope someone figures out that Sonny's off his meds before he does something really stupid and ruins his marriage to Carly even more.

Just got caught up....well that was unlike any memorial service that I have ever seen! Very strange! I knew Helena was coming back because I had read it but it was soooo long ago. What a surprise! I would have liked to have heard her whole message though. Uh hum, Laura!

and the fight between all the men. Ok then. It was just kind of a thrown together episode for Luke's good-bye. Yeah, I don't know.

Bold was good though! I am glad that Hope knows the big secret, maybe this will help Brooke get past it all. But Brooke tends to hold onto things, so I don't have much faith. and Paris and Zende will have an open relationship? Cool, cool....those are almost always a disaster, but whatever lol.

Have a great weekend! My brother finally got his boiler fixed, which is good for the next TX freeze. Hopefully it won't happen for awhile. 

yeah, we had to get a whole new a/c and heat unit a few years ago. Hopefully the winter won't be as bad as last February. that was horrible

Well, I don't think Zende will like that Paris will be with Carter. And as for Carter he said he wants a relationship with a woman who he can be with and have a life with and if Paris wants to be "free" she's not the woman for him, but who knows? lol

I honestly don't like how Steffy and Thomas keep telling Ridge to dump Brooke and be back with Taylor. It seems these characters like to be in everyone's business lol guess we'll see. Sheila is still crazy and I hope Deacon stays away from her.

yeah, the whole Luke memorial wasn't what I expected either. I still say Luke is alive and held by Victor C. A lot of people agree with me since I post on GH's twitter account lol

Yeah, I read about Helena coming back too. Nick didn't react like I thought he would since he poisoned her? Weird. Anyway, I think Spencer is going to try to get that Ice Princess and cause more trouble.

And that woman who came in in the end, my mom told me Luke was going to marry her in the 80's when he worked for the mobster Frank Smith. She was his daughter. My mom wasn't sure if she's the same actress cause it was a while ago. Anyway, interesting bringing her back.

Still say Tony Geary might come back for a short story arc because that's not the death GH should have given a character like Luke Spencer.

So I definitely think Curtis' dad has ties to the mob somehow. I don't mind his character too much, just want to know his backstory already. GH just loves to drag things out! It is nice seeing Curtis at least be a bit warmer towards him. 

And yeah Steffy is being annoying with the whole...oh dad, go back to mom.  Jesus woman, you are an adult! You don't need to force your mommy and daddy together. Oy. And I saw a clip of little Douglas and Ridge, so you just know he will tell the big secret. This is just the beginning.:facepalm:

Yeah, Douglas tells his secret today and Brooke is losing her mind. lol I bet Deacon finds out and Sheila overhears. It's bound to happen.

Sonny is totally manic now and I hate it. Nina is poking her nose into his business again when she should just call Carly and tell her about Sonny. When Carly finds out Nina is with Sonny again and in their home, all hell will break loose. Not like Sonny like this at all. Also pretty sure Victor is getting closer to knowing Maxie's baby is with Brooklyn. Will he tell Peter and help that bastard escape and here we go again. You know GH loves to have people running all over the world. I don't think the weekend getaway with the teens is going to go well. Esme has something up her sleeve and it won't be pretty. I wish she would go too. So sick of all these bitches. lol

Elton John has covid. He's currently on tour in the US, but had to cancel the Dallas shows. I'm sure he'll get the best treatment out there, so he'll be okay.  Having huge concerts isn't really safe right now. Dallas doesn't enforce much when it comes to concerts unless the acts say to and even then people take off their masks once they're inside the venue.

Stay well.

I also agree with you about Helen's speech. I wanted to hear the whole thing too. I bet it was something we don't know about? I know Laura meant well, but Helena always had a plan even in death. lol

Oh I'm sure nosy as all get out Sheila will know this big ol' secret shortly! And yeah I get why Brooke is freaking out cause Ridge is going to freak out too once he finds out. And then Steffy is going to be like...see dad. I told you Brooke is no good for you. I can see it now.

Nina should tell Carly, but on the other hand, if Carly had not left and really tried to talk to Sonny, maybe she would have figured out he was manic. I am just glad he is not alone because he almost got his ass arrested. And if he does, he may lose custody of Avery, so he needs to be careful and take his meds!

Edited by marlingrl03

Well, everytime Nina wants to tell Carly about Sonny, Carly goes off and talks about shit that's not what Nina wants to tell her but it's the same shit over and over again. Sasha is going to have a mental breakdown sooner rather than later because when the grief comes out, look out. I understand her trying to move on, but grief will find you no matter what you do. 

So glad Sonny is back on his meds now. 

that esame is such a bitch and I want her gone too. lol

Brooke talking to Douglas like he's an adult, come on! I hope this secret comes out soon. Whatever. No one seems to have faith in anyone.

Now more people know about Maxie's baby. Which one will get to her first? I really don't want Victor to free Peter and then he finds Louise and leaves town. I can't take more running around the globe again. It goes on for too damn long. lol

You know Sasha is just going through the emotions and holding back her grief and was glad Carly put that out there, that holding it in is going to be detrimental to her. Sasha needs to let it out and let Brando be there for her. He is such a great guy and hope she doesn't lose him. 

And ok, wow....that conniving freakin Esme is something else! Not only does she drug Trina, but films Cam and Joss having sex?! Are you kidding me here? Spencer is in full on denial about what a snake his gf is! Oy vey.

And geez, poor Valentin is now in the trunk of a car, taken by his own dad. What are they going to do to him?! Hope Anna finds him soon. This is just not good that psycho Peter knows who and where his daughter is!

It was a good episode. Can't wait till next week. February sweeps is always exciting! Have a good weekend. :)