General Hospital and Other Soap Talk

I know GH does sad stories so well.

My mom remembers when BJ who was Bobbie's daughter died and Maxie was given her heart. She cried the whole week. Excellent performances by Bobbie, Tony and Felicia. Lucy was excellent too. And when Stone died of AIDS, my God, she cried for days then too.

Anyway, so sad about baby Liam. Every character around Sasha and Brando are being so kind and caring for them. It's just too sad. Making that decision would kill me.  And the actress show plays Sasha just had her baby, so this has to be super hard for her.

I can't believe Ingo was on Tucker Carlson's show. I saw a clip on yahoo.com going on about his personal freedoms and all. Please Tucker has gotten the vaccine, so he's full of it. Over 800,000 have died in the US alone from covid, how can you justify not getting a vaccine? The man is a moron.

Ridge told Brooke that Taylor is back. I loved the look on Brooke's face. She asked when Taylor is going back to her amazing work and he told her she's staying for a while. Let the games begin! lol

The devil possessing Marlena on Days is heating up. Hopefully she will be exocised before Xmas. lol This soap is crazy.

I'm so glad Brad is out and Michael better not cause trouble for Sonny.

Yeah, if you don't know about marriage after 5 years of being together, then don't do it. lol I didn't know he was married before. How old is this guy? I think he should stay single for awhile after this.

Oh my goodness, just watched GH. I was crying at the ending scene with Mike walking with baby Liam Mike back to heaven. What a terribly sad episode! But well done by the actors who play Sasha and Brando. That had to be very hard for her since she just had a baby herself in real life. 

And yeah isn't it crazy that Christmas is next week. I only need to get a few more gifts, but otherwise I'm done! 

I know I was crying too. Everytime a dead character comes back it gets to me. So wish that would happen.

I love that Ridge and Brooke are having trouble and now that Taylor is back. here we go. I don't know the history of that storyline, but if Stephanie didn't like Brooke, then she must really be a bitch. lol

I got all my gifts wrapped and done. My mom ordered my daughter the Harry Potter funkos from Target, but they won't be in until December 28.  they will be for her birthday now. I just hope there's no more delays.

I watched SNL last night and they had an outbreak of covid, so most of the actors and the band were out. Paul Rudd, Tina fey and Tom Hanks were there, but the skits were pre-recorded and they showed skits from other shows. I laughed so hard when they showed the Eddie Murphy skit from a few years ago. He was so funny.

our weather is cooler now, but Xmas will be near 80'. Hate this Texas weather. lol

Yeah, I feel it's going to be a triangle all over again just like in the 90's with Ridge, Taylor and Brooke....but this time it is a new Taylor, so let us see how this all plays out! I am glad that Deacon is being honest with Brooke though like about where he is living and doing, it says a lot about how he has grown and trying to be more honest.

I need to still watch that Paul Rudd SNL! I have been watching the Beatles Get Back in between my soaps and Christmas movies.....like Elf which is always fun to watch!

20 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

Yeah, I feel it's going to be a triangle all over again just like in the 90's with Ridge, Taylor and Brooke....but this time it is a new Taylor, so let us see how this all plays out! I am glad that Deacon is being honest with Brooke though like about where he is living and doing, it says a lot about how he has grown and trying to be more honest.

I need to still watch that Paul Rudd SNL! I have been watching the Beatles Get Back in between my soaps and Christmas movies.....like Elf which is always fun to watch!

I try to catch up a bit on B&B and Y&R during the holidays. Deacon and Sheila were sitting at a bar and he says, " where's that psycho I can do anything attitude?"😄 And the actress playing Taylor could be Hunter Tylo's twin sister.

22 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

My mom saw The Beatles "Get back" performance when she was a teen in the movie theater. She would love to see it now but we don't have that channel. Maybe they will release it on dvd one day.

The SNL was pre-recorded, but the people there did their best. Showing the skit with Eddie Murphy from a couple of years ago still cracked me up. I just hope whoever got covid will be well and SNL can get back next year.

Well, I'm wondering how this whole thing will go now that Taylor is back. Been getting hits from Steffy and Thomas about how it all went down. I do not like Brooke at all so if Ridge left her, I would be okay with that. I can't stand when she talks in that low voice and has that stupid look on her face. lol

GH had their Xmas show today. It was bittersweet. I do wish Steve Burton would get the vaccine since I doubt this virus will end anytime soon. I wanted him and Drew to become real brother. Maybe GH will replace him one day. Who knows?

1 hour ago, lame ass security said:

I try to catch up a bit on B&B and Y&R during the holidays. Deacon and Sheila were sitting at a bar and he says, " where's that psycho I can do anything attitude?"😄 And the actress playing Taylor could be Hunter Tylo's twin sister.

Yeah, watching Bold now. Yeah, she's a new actress for Taylor's part now. She was on Days of our lives years ago and I've seen her in movies throughout the years. She's wearing a wig and that might help her look like Hunter.

Well, Deacon is getting to know Hope and Brooke again, but Sheila hasn't been welcomed into Finn's life and she's blaming Steffy. Anyway, it seems Taylor will reach out to Sheila and invite her over for Christmas. Can't wait to see this!

Merry Christmas Eve!

Looks like Sheila got her Christmas miracle after all...so Christmas with her son. This will be very interesting since Taylor will be studying her every move. And I dont think she has 100% changed. Nope. Deacon I feel has and is really trying but I just can't trust Sheila.

And GH was good. Always love seeing Leisel and Victor. And this trial is getting good but the shit will hit the fan if Carly hears that Nina and Mike were in love. Oh boy. 

The SNL with Paul was good considering the circumstances. I saw a lot of sketches I had not seen so that was cool. And Paul just doesn't age, looks amazing!

Merry Christmas Eve to you too! 

I hope you have a wonderful Holiday!

Yeah, Sheila was so grateful. Hope she is changing too. I know she did so many crazy things, but many soap characters have and changed and all was okay. lol

I think Sheila will set her sights on Brooke, which is okay with you. lol

Went to Target today, which was crazy, but all was okay considering there were so many people. I can't believe how the toy aisles were all empty, never saw that before in my life. I did grocery shopping. I, like my mom, ordered all our gifts online. So much easier.

It's over 80's degrees here. We were Xmas shirts and shorts today! Lol Crazy Texas weather.

Have a wonderful holiday and a good weekend. Can't believe a new year is a week away. Where does the time go?

Wellllll, after yesterday's episode, cray-cray Sheila is still in there! I think she is going to switch the drinks so that Brooke is really drinking an alcoholic wine versus a non-alcoholic wine. So bad! I just hope Deacon doesn't drink it for he has worked very hard on his sobriety. Ughhhhh.

And wow, GH.....so the big secret is about to come out. Carly's face at the end and then you have Sonny still trying to play dumb. This won't be good.

But I had a great Christmas! My brother and SIL wanted to go to the movies to see Spiderman and I didn't want to be alone so I went. First movie since this pandemic started! I was taken aback that though that you did NOT have to wear a mask. WTF??!! and this was Cinemark. They should know better. I wanted to go to Target too after Christmas but decided not too. And this weekend I will hopefully be just resting cause I am getting my booster this Th. Dose 2 kicked my ass, so hopefully dose 3 won't be as bad. Still worth it not to have severe Covid though....

Yeah, I was happy Sheila has her sights on Brooke now. lol Not a fan of Brooke.

I don't think Zende asking Paris to marry him is going to go over big. Oh well.

Well, Sonny had plenty of time to tell Carly and his family and he dragged his feet. I wish Jason was alive and well, maybe he could have helped them through this, but honestly, I hope Carly leaves Sonny for a bit. I don't like the idea of Sonny and Nina at all. I think Nina just needs to leave the show.  Who can she be paired with? 

Glad you had a nice Christmas. Mine was nice too.

It's very hot here in Texas. Around 80 degrees, so it didn't really feel like Christmas at all. I don't like the warmer weather around this time of year.  Well, the covid cases are rising yet again and this time a lot of kids are getting sick. I'm glad we are all vaccinated, but this new variant seems to by pass the vaccines. So sick of dealing with this shit. I thought once we had a vaccine, people would get it and move on, but since so many won't get it, we're back to where we were.

Yeah, surprised that you didn't need a mask inside? I see more and more people not wearing masks in stores now and it really bugs me.

So many incidents are happening on airplanes again.  I think everyone's nerves are stressed to the breaking point now.

I'm so glad for the soaps so for a few hours I can just deal with their stories lol

Yeah, Paris is most definitely NOT feeling Zende. I hope she takes Carter's advice and tells him. Yes, his feelings will be hurt but will hurt less if she does this now vs. later.

My brother was talking to me about the heat and I was like why the heck did I not get those temps when I was down there for Thanksgiving?! Bummed. But I am glad I went then instead of Christmas because flying back through Seattle is a clusterfuck right now. Not just with Covid, but it snowed there and they don't handle it well and soooooo many flights have been canceled. And not just in Seattle. It's bad.

Yeah, I heard Seattle got snow. This weather is crazy. Yeah, Texas is in the upper 70's and some days we had near 80 but by Saturday it'll drop into the 30's. our weather patterns are just nuts. Also so many flights are being cancelled now. Glad I didn't go anywhere either. lol

Well, Paris is so young and how long have they been dating? come on! sometimes when people sleep together one parent thinks they need to get married.  Nope! lol Paris has a great career and hasn't been there for a very long time. And not to mention all the crazy relationships that have crashed and burned since she's been working there. lol  I agree if Zende doesn't understand Paris wants to wair, then it's his problem.

Finally, Carly knows about Sonny and Nina. I really think Nina needs to leave town for a while or forever.  I like Scotty, but I was glad that Michael clocked him. lol  And Alexis was offered a great job today, but not sure her prison time will mess it up. Hope not.

And I just don't like Marshall. There's something that rubs me the wrong way. I bet he worked for a mobster and turned and hid for all those years, probably Cyrus and now he thinks it's safe to come out. I'm just no feeling this story line.

I disagree with you about Michael, he be getting on my last nerve. Trying to buy off his lawyer guy and now he is like this isn't over. I'm like boy, you better stop yourself and step off! The law won't be on your side if you do something to Nina. The arrogance of that guy! 

I am glad that Carly knows but this looks like it will mean a separation for her and Sonny, till she can sort out her feelings. Sonny also needs to sort out his feelings...you can tell he has a piece of Mike still within him and that part may always be there from now on. 

Edited by marlingrl03

Oh yeah, Sonny has "mike" feelings for sure and that's why is bugging Carly.  Honestly, I think "mike" Sonny could have looked online for missing persons and possibly posting his picture saying do you know who I am. Nina could have suggested this to him too without giving anything away but she didn't. Nina is a confused woman big time, but I agree Michael is taking it too far now. Also I don't like the way he is acting towards Brad. he was a pawn to Nelle like everyone else was.

What will GH do with Peter? Will he be in a coma forever and then Maxie will never get back her baby? I want this story to end already before the Q's get so used to loving that little girl.

ON Bold, honestly, can't stand Brooke and since she's kissing Deacon guess she has feelings for him? Who knows? She will say I was drunk. lol Yeah, sure. Just because Ridge was stuck on a plane , boo hoo, she can't be with him? The little stupid NY eve party she had she could have skipped and gone with Ridge, but I guess Bold wants to make turmoil with their marriage. 

Never watched Bold when Ridge and Taylor were a couple, but I knew from soap magazines that they were the "it" couple when it was Hunter and Ron Moss. 

Glad Paris let Zende down easy, but she ends up kissing Carter now? I thought Carter and Katie were going to be a couple, but not surprised about Paris and Carter. lol More turmoil.

Yeah, Sheila is still unstable. Is there no pill that can help equal her out?  

I know you don't watch Days of our lives and the other day, they did an exorcisim to get the Devil out of Marlena. It worked but now the devil is in her grandson, Johnny. lol I was wondering about that since the devil usually jumps into another body when they push him out of one. Guess Days is sticking with the devil being around for the new year. lol

Hope you have a happy and healthy New Year. I so wish this new covid variant would just go away.

Happy New Year! Mine was low key...at home. Got the booster Thursday night so still headachy and tired, but no other reactions. Also had to get Covid tested because of a possible Xmas day exposure but am negative. So thank God for that! 

So yeah Hunter and Ronn Moss did make for one beautiful couple. But they were on and off again too. Because he would get with Brooke. Bold LOVES triangles and they will always do that storyline. And here we start off again with Brooke cheating on Ridge. OY!

I dont watch Days but have actually watched their Salem series on Peacock and their Xmas movie show. It is kind of cool seeing GH and Y&R actors in Days. 

Peter will be back. I'm sure of it. And Felicia appears this week I think. Scotty is done with his storyline I read, but will hopefully come back after his extended time off. I like Scotty. He and Leisel are a cute couple, too bad he is leaving now. 

Edited by marlingrl03

Yeah, I don't have Peacock to see the Days different shows. I hate that shows are streaming now.  So many streaming shows now and I don't get them. lol

Yeah, Scotty and Lesil make a cute couple. I don't know why Scott is leaving again. GH needs to use their core characters more like bold and Y&R do. I think that's why they've been number 1 and 2 in the ratings for so long. Fans like to see older and younger characters mix up.

Glad you are feeling better. There might be more boosters in our future with this new variant. So tired of dealing with it. After seeing the NY eve shows, with people not wearing masks, I doubt this will be over anytime soon. And all the people traveling for the holidays. Here we go again. A lot of school districts in Texas are back to virtual again. I guess they want to make sure kids are olay before they go back to the classrooms. My daughter has an intersession classes this week, but she's not going. It's not mandatory, so we want to see how it goes. I heard that many colleges are back to virtual again too. A lot of the hosts on NY eve said how 2022 will be better. lol I doubt it.

Yeah, triangles are frequent on soaps. I guess not one is really happy with the people they marry. 

I wonder if GH will make Drew, Carly's new Jason. I saw on Steve Burton's twitter that he and those other guys who do "Port Chuck" shows are still doing shows. Guess it doesn't bother them he's not vaccinated. Wish he would change his mind and come back to GH.

I know Melissa Reeves from Days and her husband are close friends tith Steve and his family so I'm wondering if they are vacciated. Missy was off Days for about a year since she had a new grand baby and didn't want to chance it. she's back on the show now but not sure if she is vaccinted? This just crazy.

Anway, Texas got it's first freeze. Had to put the heat on. It's in the 30's and last night you could hear the wind howl. I hope the outside cats my mom feeds found a warm place to sleep.

Have a good day. Taking down my Xmas stuff. Another year gone. Let's hope it does get better this year.

Kirsten Storms (Maxie) on GH has covid. Poor thing. Hopefully she's fully vaccinated and will recover quickly, but who will be infected next? There's plenty of actors who interact with each other on a daily basis.

This new variant is a real bitch.

My mom found out her friend's daughter who just flew back to NYC found out all her friends and their families have covid now. They are all vaccinated, but still sick none the less. This sucks. I think this variant might get us all before it can be slowed down.

19 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Kirsten Storms (Maxie) on GH has covid. Poor thing. Hopefully she's fully vaccinated and will recover quickly, but who will be infected next? There's plenty of actors who interact with each other on a daily basis.

This new variant is a real bitch.

My mom found out her friend's daughter who just flew back to NYC found out all her friends and their families have covid now. They are all vaccinated, but still sick none the less. This sucks. I think this variant might get us all before it can be slowed down.

Yeah, I saw Kirsten tell her fans she has Covid on IG. I do think she is fully vaccinated. My SIL was a breakthrough case too...it happens. This vaccine is meant to prevent hospitalizations  so while they may feel like crap, they won't need oxygen compared to non vaccinated people. I tested negative and am very relieved! 

I got Peacock because I canceled my Dish and I felt bad I was mooching other streaming services from my family, so I told them I would get Peacock and share that with them. :)

and yeah my brother in San Antonio told me about the cold. His boiler is out but he does have a small space heater and he said it should warm up soon. But still, it must suck for him.  We actually are having frigid temps below zero.. I went to work today and the heat went out yesterday so the school was between 48 and 54.* We got a guy to come look at it, but they have to order a part, so we had to close school down today and tomorrow. Not too good. Our parents are hospital employees so it is essential we stay open but it is not safe if the building is that cold and without hot water. 

I watched the movie ''Fighting With My Family'' the other day with The Rock and Vince Vaughn, and the actress (Kimberly Matula) that used to play Hope in The Bold, played a minor role in it. It made me realize that I hardly ever see any of those soap actors in movies, at least not big movies like that.

Yeah, I saw Kirsten tell her fans she has Covid on IG. I do think she is fully vaccinated. My SIL was a breakthrough case too...it happens. This vaccine is meant to prevent hospitalizations  so while they may feel like crap, they won't need oxygen compared to non vaccinated people. I tested negative and am very relieved! 

I know President Biden talked again today about the virus. Also about the covid pill. I wonder if we can get it and how much it'll be?

Only 62% of the US are fully vaccinated, so there's room for many more infections. And also not many young kids are vaccinated. Parents need to get on the ball and protect their kids.

I got Peacock because I canceled my Dish and I felt bad I was mooching other streaming services from my family, so I told them I would get Peacock and share that with them. :)

and yeah my brother in San Antonio told me about the cold. His boiler is out but he does have a small space heater and he said it should warm up soon. But still, it must suck for him.  We actually are having frigid temps below zero.. I went to work today and the heat went out yesterday so the school was between 48 and 54.* We got a guy to come look at it, but they have to order a part, so we had to close school down today and tomorrow. Not too good. Our parents are hospital employees so it is essential we stay open but it is not safe if the building is that cold and without hot water. 

Yeah, I know what it's like to not have heat and water. During the freeze in February my parents, my brother and me had no water at the same time. It sucked big time. Our electric was out for about 2 days and my parents longer. it was terrible because all our houses are electric.  Our temps are going to warm up for a few days into the 60's and then drop again. According to the weather reports Texas should be in the 50's or so around this time. lol But you just never know?

I remember cold days in Brooklyn, but not like in Alaska. Wow. Is it dark there for the next 6 months? You must have your heat on 24/7. Sleeping with the cats will help keep you warm too. I love that.

6 hours ago, EvanG said:

I watched the movie ''Fighting With My Family'' the other day with The Rock and Vince Vaughn, and the actress (Kimberly Matula) that used to play Hope in The Bold, played a minor role in it. It made me realize that I hardly ever see any of those soap actors in movies, at least not big movies like that.

Well, being on a soap is like having a full time job. They rehearse like most of the day and then film. The actors have to know tons of pages of dialogue It's not easy for some actors.

Some actors who have played in movies or nighttime tv shows work on daytime soaps and say how hard it is. I'm glad it's known now that daytime actors work super hard and we love them for it.

• Like 1

On 1/4/2022 at 5:13 AM, EvanG said:

Interesting, yeah I always liked Kim and was pretty bummed when she left Bold. Good for her for branching out....

• Like 1

On 1/4/2022 at 11:51 AM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I remember cold days in Brooklyn, but not like in Alaska. Wow. Is it dark there for the next 6 months? You must have your heat on 24/7. Sleeping with the cats will help keep you warm too. I love that.

Our darkness began in like October and our darkest months are November and December. We still get some light but not much...usually between 10 and 4 pm. So you go to work in the dark and come home in the dark. It takes getting used too. Some people like my brother can't which is why he moved to TX lol! BUT.....winter solstice just happened so now we are *gaining* light and it is great. It means more light and the looking forward to spring, even though that is still a bit aways!