Guns N' Roses Announcement at 7AM EST, May 25th

Just now, HollywoodRose1983 said:

I'm placing my bets on a residency at the Hollywood Bowl. I mean, back to where it all began right? Hollywood, California! 

wow, that would be really special.  talk about doing it right.  but only if izzy and steven are there.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Blackjacker said:

Eh... This I Love says "hello."

I'm a huge fan of Axl's piano ballads but that song is straight up awkward. Feel the same way about The Blues. 

They both are "roses" with no "guns". 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Padme said:

After the latest video it is clear it means shows in L.A.. It could be at The Forum, The Rosebowl, The Staple Center or somewhere else. Probably more shows in the U.S. in November and December. Maybe another handfull of shows next year as well. The only thing that doesn't add up is Get In The Ring

Maybe, but I think it'll be in smaller venues (Troubadour, Roxy, etc.).

Get in the Ring makes sense because it's gonna be a challenge to get tickets. 

Week from July 16 to July 25th is the only one completely empty :

http://www.troubadour.com/calendar/

Same thing at the Roxy : http://www.theroxy.com/calendar/

Edited by supercool
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, 2414225 said:

i would be totally fine with an official pro shot dvd of this:

Just look at how weird Axl's outfit was that night...unfortunately, it wasn't just a strange phase, but instead a glimpse into how f'd up he'd become over the next 25 years.

Other thoughts: 1) Sorum's drums are flat and sound like he's banging a nightstick against a coconut 2) Contrary to what Axl and Slash wanted the fanbase to believe, Izzy did in fact move around on stage during that leg of the tour 3) In no way am I sexist, but it is nice to see this band without any female backup singers, horn players, or second blue-haired keyboardists.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

I'm not sure what to make of all this, but they already have US dates booked for this year? If it's gonna be more US dates, Why didn't they just announce all of the dates in the one go?

i know nothing about the music business but it seems a little strange to me. Didn't they tour the US extensively last year? Why do it again in such a small timeframe?

fuck I hope they announce new music on Wednesday. Otherwise it's just even more a cash grab tour.

It's not going to be announcement of dates in multiple cities or anything like that.  Reasoning:. All previously announced NITL dates were hinted at with various advertisements and promo materials in the cities getting dates.

Theres none of that out right now as far as anyone knows....

except in LA, which has a billboard and a radio station prompting an announcement.

Based on the promo videos and the information above, there is nothing leading to an announcement of additional tour dates or shows anywhere except in LA.

That's what I think it is...though my second thought is possibly something to do with a live album or DVD/Bly Ray and maybe...possibly a new song but unlikely a whole record.

• Like 1

Hmm.  Although I'm sure it has something to do with additional tour dates it would have to be something special for them to release a video like that.  Either some sort of show to promote a live video release of the tour....maybe AFD reunion show/shows....or (maybe wishful thinking) the release of a single or new music with supporting shows.

1 hour ago, tsinindy said:

It's not going to be announcement of dates in multiple cities or anything like that.  Reasoning:. All previously announced NITL dates were hinted at with various advertisements and promo materials in the cities getting dates.

Theres none of that out right now as far as anyone knows....

except in LA, which has a billboard and a radio station prompting an announcement.

Based on the promo videos and the information above, there is nothing leading to an announcement of additional tour dates or shows anywhere except in LA.

That's what I think it is...though my second thought is possibly something to do with a live album or DVD/Bly Ray and maybe...possibly a new song but unlikely a whole record.

Slash was in the studio recently right? Maybe finishing touches on one strong rocker from the cd sessions? If axls vocals are already done it's a reasonable assumption?  iTunes release or even better, upload to their website?

oh dear my minds racing now lol

10 minutes ago, supercool said:

Hey guys, take a look at the latest video again... You'll see that it has nothing to do with new music.

The video just implies that they're coming back where it all started : the LA clubs.

It's as simple as that.

https://www.facebook.com/gunsnroses/

Wow. He finally cracked the code of the video. Thank you for enlightening us

9 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

Wow. He finally cracked the code of the video. Thank you for enlightening us

There's nothing to crack, it's crystal clear, you just have to watch the video without wishful thinking.

Edited by supercool

Starting to speculate this could be some "GNR Themed" week in Los Angeles... 

Okay, we are looking at the dates of July 16th (The sunday after the Tel Aviv show, so a travel day) to July 26th, the day before they go to St. Louis to start the second half of the NITL tour. July 17th to July 23rd are prime dates for something happening. 

Now this seems to be yuuugeeeee, as there have been 3 teaser videos for it, mostly focusing on the origins of the band. Since these videos we have come to speculate everything under the sun, but what if we do get everything? 

Hear me out. 

What if there are many shows at different venues throughout Los Angeles, but not JUST GNR but GNR and side projects, off shoots, guest appearances, etc etc... 

Possible evidence: 

- The Troub has absolutely no shows planned that week. This is kind of odd because they have many shows throughout the whole month of June and July, but that week is totally blank. In fact the last show before that week in on Saturday July 15th (the night GNR rocks Tel Aviv), and then the next show doesn't happen until July 26th, the day before GNR rock St. Louis. We all know the history of the Troub and GNR even down to last year. The most likely senario is that GNR play a residency at the Troub and tickets sell out for the whole week in 5 minutes.

- The Roxy, one of the last surviving clubs that GNR used to play back in the glory days ALSO has that full week off with the same sort of stipulations as The Troub. Last show before that week? July 15th. Next show after that? July 28th. 

- Here are where things hit speculation: L.A. Guns are playing The Whiskey Wednesday July 21st... Right smack in the middle of the week. The Whiskey seems to be filled up around that week, but as far as I know, Axl and Tracii don't have any beef... In fact I think last year he said the "reunion' was "the greatest thing for Rock & Roll right now"... So I can see one or the other showing up on stage with the other. But like all things GNR, this will probably be a missed opportunity. 

- Alter Bridge come off a massive tour on July 7th in Switzerland, then head back to the states and have nothing to do until August 5th when they tour the U.S. again. Could we see a possible Conspirators reunion with some GNR influenced guests that Axl isn't willing to work with again? I'm not sure if it would happen, but yeah.. Interesting to say the least.  

- Bigger venues with better sound quality like The Fonda Theater have that week off, but this venue is ticketed by AXS and not Live Nation, and as we know the videos were widely circulated and promoted by Live Nation, as well as Fernandos visit to Live Nation early last week. Hollywood Palladium which is a major Live Nation endorser has absolutely nothing going on for the month of July.

-Garth Brooks is doing a residency at The Forum during that week, so I doubt whatever this thing is, it will accumulate with a show there. But the Rose Bowl only has a Soccer game happening on the 23rd during that week. 

- It is possible the band could play a show at The Staples Center, as the only events happening that week are LA Sparks games.. but i highly doubt it.  

-Even smaller clubs with a known reputation have some dates of the week off, even with a pack schedule for the rest of the month: The Satellite, The Mayan, The Wiltern, etc etc. 

- major Venues that are booked that week: Hollywood Bowl and Greek Theater... 

Pretty much speculation on my behalf. Did a little research this morning and this is what i came up with. No doubt in my mind that during this full week, SOMETHING will be said in regards to their next move. It will probably be more touring. But hey! Thats what these forums are for, speculation and discovery. 

Edited by KeyserSoze
  • Like 2

When big bands do club shows they usually don't announce that till the date is close. What would be the purpose of announcing a club show 2 months in advance. Its probably going to be a show at the Rose Bowl or something like that. Possibility of news music is slim. Would be nice to see The Who and Guns come to the U.S for some shows. 

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

Starting to speculate this could be some "GNR Themed" week in Los Angeles... 

Okay, we are looking at the dates of July 16th (The sunday after the Tel Aviv show, so a travel day) to July 26th, the day before they go to St. Louis to start the second half of the NITL tour. July 17th to July 23rd are prime dates for something happening. 

Now this seems to be yuuugeeeee, as there have been 3 teaser videos for it, mostly focusing on the origins of the band. Since these videos we have come to speculate everything under the sun, but what if we do get everything? 

Hear me out. 

What if there are many shows at different venues throughout Los Angeles, but not JUST GNR but GNR and side projects, off shoots, guest appearances, etc etc... 

Possible evidence: 

- The Troub has absolutely no shows planned that week. This is kind of odd because they have many shows throughout the whole month of June and July, but that week is totally blank. In fact the last show before that week in on Saturday July 15th (the night GNR rocks Tel Aviv), and then the next show doesn't happen until July 26th, the day before GNR rock St. Louis. We all know the history of the Troub and GNR even down to last year. The most likely senario is that GNR play a residency at the Troub and tickets sell out for the whole week in 5 minutes.

- The Roxy, one of the last surviving clubs that GNR used to play back in the glory days ALSO has that full week off with the same sort of stipulations as The Troub. Last show before that week? July 15th. Next show after that? July 28th. 

- Here are where things hit speculation: L.A. Guns are playing The Whiskey Wednesday July 21st... Right smack in the middle of the week. The Whiskey seems to be filled up around that week, but as far as I know, Axl and Tracii don't have any beef... In fact I think last year he said the "reunion' was "the greatest thing for Rock & Roll right now"... So I can see one or the other showing up on stage with the other. But like all things GNR, this will probably be a missed opportunity. 

- Alter Bridge come off a massive tour on July 7th in Switzerland, then head back to the states and have nothing to do until August 5th when they tour the U.S. again. Could we see a possible Conspirators reunion with some GNR influenced guests that Axl isn't willing to work with again? I'm not sure if it would happen, but yeah.. Interesting to say the least.  

- Bigger venues with better sound quality like The Fonda Theater have that week off, but this venue is ticketed by AXS and not Live Nation, and as we know the videos were widely circulated and promoted by Live Nation, as well as Fernandos visit to Live Nation early last week. Hollywood Palladium which is a major Live Nation endorser has absolutely nothing going on for the month of July.

-Garth Brooks is doing a residency at The Forum during that week, so I doubt whatever this thing is, it will accumulate with a show there. But the Rose Bowl only has a Soccer game happening on the 23rd during that week. 

- It is possible the band could play a show at The Staples Center, as the only events happening that week are LA Sparks games.. but i highly doubt it.  

-Even smaller clubs with a known reputation have some dates of the week off, even with a pack schedule for the rest of the month: The Satellite, The Mayan, The Wiltern, etc etc. 

- major Venues that are booked that week: Hollywood Bowl and Greek Theater... 

Pretty much speculation on my behalf. Did a little research this morning and this is what i came up with. No doubt in my mind that during this full week, SOMETHING will be said in regards to their next move. It will probably be more touring. But hey! Thats what these forums are for, speculation and discovery. 

Great research ?

Has anyone stopped by the old Tower Records location on Sunset Blvd to see if there's any activity there? 

1 hour ago, Axl`s BFF said:

do we know what time the announcement will be

My guess is around 10 am PST but who knows..

1 hour ago, GunsDK said:

Great research ?

Has anyone stopped by the old Tower Records location on Sunset Blvd to see if there's any activity there? 

My guess is around 10 am PST but who knows..

No activity until yesterday morning, I think I will sleep tonight at the streets of West Hollywood. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fede said:

No activity until yesterday morning, I think I will sleep tonight at the streets of West Hollywood. 

So... now my bet is surprise show tomorrow and announcement of new dates.

If there is a surprise show, I hope you get in, Fede!

(Disclaimer: I don't know any Spanish, so sorry if I got this completely wrong :lol:)

• Like 1

For everyone who doesn't realize, Tower records is not actually tower records. The building is owned by Gibson and just painted as Tower. Tower records in the US were bought and liquidated long ago. I'm not sure what the caption says but I'd say those guitars are just part of a past Gibson thing they still have in there and nothing to do with GNR.

Edited by Stiff Competition
  • Like 1

I'm sorry I didn't clarify, yeah, no activity in Tower Records, nothing inside related to GNR, War Tequila, Get in the ring tour, etc. Somebody was right, I talked to a Hollywood Reporter guy yesterday and he explained to me that the building is Gibson's property, and they rent the space for anyone who needs it, for a gallery, TV set, weedings, anything. 

• Like 2