Guns N' Roses Announcement at 7AM EST, May 25th

2 hours ago, Axl Rose aka God said:

I really hate how every topic I go into is about whether or not the band is what people think it should be. I opened the post to see if there's any updates on the announcement or rumors and I see, "This band isn't what I want it to be!" It's always the same group of folks too. 

Fuck off 

If you hate every topic then maybe you should post at some other forum where you love every topic. If you think that CD is their best album and if you think Axl, Finck, Ashba, Frank, Richard, Bumblefoot, Stinson, etc are real GN'R, more power to you. Well others have a very different point of you. Telling people to fuck off it's not going to change anything

• Like 1

The intrigue.

Live Nation has more subsidiaries, including Roc Nation, than Axl has live-ins stuffed into a van.  Even Elvis would be envious.

Live Nation is orchestrating this announcement concerning a quarter of a BILLION dollar grossing biz entity, in gate receipts alone, in the last eight fiscal months.  Couple this with Slash's competent, separate mgmt. and counsel and Duff's competent, separate mgmt. and counsel.  But don't forget Axl...and his touring musicians...are managed by his third-world live-ins.

These facts, then, raise the question--what is going on?  Why would LN stick its neck out for more-of-the-same tour dates for 3/5 performing the same 12 songs from 30 years ago in the absence of new music massaged by Roc Nation?  Why would old-school radio, on its last leg, hype anything other than the o-r-i-g-i-n-a-l band?

Adler has gone silent after the one-year NDA term expired.  The D/A "spontaneous" Q&A from the third-world "media" outlet last fall failed miserably concerning Izzy.

The options, given the professionals and monetary amounts involved, seem to be mutually exclusive.  It's either new tune(s) now and/or the o-r-i-g-i-n-a-l five in July or after the American leg OR a fuckfest of employees playing grabass in July from Axl's solo band and/or the S/D/A employees subsequent to the p'ships demise in '90-'91.

Another poster has surely stated the obviousness of the biz options before this post? Axl's 'psychics' and third world live-ins 'managed' his solo band at bowling alleys and backyard bbq's when he (embarrassingly) covered Gn'R tunes.  Since the days (and months) prior to April 1, 2016, this S/D/A biz entity is being properly managed and promoted by 4 entities, notwithstanding Axl's live-ins social media comments re AC/DC fans.

11 minutes ago, Padme said:

If you hate every topic then maybe you should post at some other forum where you love every topic. If you think that CD is their best album and if you think Axl, Finck, Ashba, Frank, Richard, Bumblefoot, Stinson, etc are real GN'R, more power to you. Well others have a very different point of you. Telling people to fuck off it's not going to change anything

I wonder what some people think a discussion forum is for. :lol:

32 minutes ago, Padme said:

I guess you didn't understand what he posted. 

19 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

I wonder what some people think a discussion forum is for. :lol:

To walking in circles with the same shit over and over and over and over...and over and over and over...and over and over and over...But it´s ok.. It's very enjoyable to see that too!

2 hours ago, Axl Rose aka God said:

I really hate how every topic I go into is about whether or not the band is what people think it should be. I opened the post to see if there's any updates on the announcement or rumors and I see, "This band isn't what I want it to be!" It's always the same group of folks too. 

Fuck off 

Thank you.

Always the same people thinking they're "truer fans" by mocking Ferrer and Fortus while crying for Izzy and Steven to come back.

That's not how it works, folks (except if you are 13)

1 hour ago, k12 said:

this aint GNRs prime, this is 25 years later, GNR is basically overkilling their stay, this semi-reunion is now seeming boring at this point, they need to go away for a couple of years and than come back, tickets are selling like crap for their stadium shows, most people who wanted to see them have already saw them, and if they are going to announce tomorrow "30th anniversary of Appetite arena tour!", they better announce Izzy and Steven are going to be there (and not some dumb 2 song cameo), if they are going to have Duff, Axl, Slash and the rest of Nu-GNR as this 30th Appetite arena tour they are going to promote, they can go and F themselves

They've already re-written Stradlin and Adler out of the band history - see that trailer thing. Next step will be to re-record Appetite with Fortus, Ferrer and the girl. You heard it here first.

45 minutes ago, Padme said:

I think his point is that it has nothing to do with this particular topic. If you wanna bitch about certain members, start another thread. Don't pollute this one.

• Like 3

Only a couple of hours more until a seriously underwhelming, boring* announcement :popcorn:

*Boring = everything that isn't a new song, album or AFD5 shows (or some interviews at least)

54 minutes ago, Padme said:
3 hours ago, Axl Rose aka God said:

Fuck off 

That isn't what he said at all.

And what he actually said was spot on. It's obnoxious to check a thread for new information on a certain topic only to have it derailed by endless whining and off-topic posts. I don't check this thread (or any other thread) to hear your opinion on who should or shouldn't be in the band, I check it for new information. Maybe the people who love to whine endlessly about the same things over and over and over again should have their own whining and complaints thread to do so.

7 minutes ago, AlexC said:

I think his point is that it has nothing to do with this particular topic. If you wanna bitch about certain members, start another thread. Don't pollute this one.

Beat me to it :P

Edited by Frey
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

They've already re-written Stradlin and Adler out of the band history - see that trailer thing. Next step will be to re-record Appetite with Fortus, Ferrer and the girl. You heard it here first.

Duff and Slash won't do that...Destroying the brand and deleting ex-members from band history was always an Axl thing. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pugachev said:

Could it be more tour dates? There's a rumor going around town here in Little Rock they will be announcing a show on a local station for August 5th, going on sale June 3rd.

Of course its only about more US especially L.A. tour dates...every disappointed fan since 1993 knows that. 

12 minutes ago, 2414225 said:

Duff and Slash won't do that...Destroying the brand and deleting ex-members from band history was always an Axl thing. 

I do not know. I do not think there is a low Slash and Duff will sink in order to please ginger bollocks and acquire money. McKagan played bass on most of the Izzy records, yet has sold his friend out. Slosh used to pelt abuse at Rose something rotten. The two of them have humiliated themselves to such an extent that they play clunkers from Chinese Democracy.

1 hour ago, EvH said:

I guess you didn't understand what he posted. 

I did. We discuss what we feel like it. If something is out of place we have mods here who are perfectly capable to deal with the situation. We don't need a lecture from some guy, least of all a "fuck off" because he hates the topic

• Like 1