Favorite gig of the european leg?

Paris, but just because I was front row and it was such an intense experience. The show in Nijmegen was just as good to me, but I wasn't front row. As simple as that :P You do get a better view of the whole stage when you're not front row, so that's a bonus, I suppose. That doesn't mean  that I didn't like Werchter. But I was still further back and wasn't feeling that well that night, so that made it a lesser experience for me.

Still, they were the three best shows I've ever seen in my life, and it doesn't mean that Werchter wasn't a great show. I can only hope they come back soon. I'll be going for front row from now on :headbang:

• Like 1

I visited prague vienna and munich with ericA 

1 Prague best show because of the longest setlist and the great amount of smiles between band members

2 vienna because axl was a bit ill but did a superb job anf because I met Richard and got duff s wristband

3 munich

• Like 1

The better shows are in the second half of this leg.  The European tour started with very boring setlists (except for maybe 'TWAT' in Slane).  It got better towards the end, when they started adding 'Sorry', 'Yesterdays', 'Whole Lotta Rosie', 'Used To Love Her' and play both 'Patience' and 'DC'.

I was at Werchter, Paris and Nijmegen.  I'd have to go for Nijmegen, because that was the longest show of the NITL tour so far, and the sound mix was the best from where I was standing.  Paris is a close second, great setlist as well and great crowd.

2 hours ago, stanleyjp said:

Why was Paris bad?

I understand getting excited and wild because you're seeing Guns N' Roses. I don't understand people pushing to get in front of you with their elbows and crushing people to the point of being unable to breathe. That's what happened in Paris. I had to kick a guy's leg to make him stop. He didn't. It ruined the show from the get go. That's why it was bad. Further more, all the people around me didn't know any songs and I was on the 3rd row. I don't understand.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I attended Munich, London and Hannover. Out of those three shows Hannover was my favorite.

The sound was just perfect.

Angus coming on stage was a total surprise.

It was the longest show out of these 3.

It was such a relief when the band hit the stage after the thunderstorm and played that long.

Phenomenal gig!

• Thanks 1

Slane felt like an event from watching the bootlegs. That felt like a once in a lifetime type of situation.

All of the European gigs looked immensely fun - europeans certainly know how to have a great time at rock shows compared to us Americans.

London, Paris, Madrid, Gdansk, etc - they all looked to have incredible crowds.