Apollo Show - Izzy & Steven Not Playing - Argue About It HERE

17 minutes ago, magnumpi said:

Frankly,  I have my doubts that this is the real axl rose.

There's a community of people contending many celebrities have been replaced.

In the curious case of axl rose, the plastic surgery, the horrible Mickey mouse voice and the long period of disappearnce during the 90s are all huge red flags.

The theory that there are three incarnations of Axl, and the real one is living in an island still cracks me up :lol:

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, magnumpi said:

In the curious case of axl rose, the plastic surgery, the horrible Mickey mouse voice and the long period of disappearnce during the 90s are all huge red flags.

Kuvahaun tulos haulle tinfoil hat meme

12 minutes ago, magnumpi said:

Hey, if it's not on the television set or in the textbooks it's can't be true.

Sheeple 

And for the record I stated I don't have a firm stance either way.

Ok. Serious answer from me: to find somebody who looks exactly like somebody else (this case Axl Rose) is one thing. To find somebody who can act and sound exactly like Axl Rose (whose voice is very distinctive) -good luck with that. 

1 minute ago, Fourteenbeers said:

Ok. Serious answer from me: to find somebody who looks exactly like somebody else (this case Axl Rose) is one thing. To find somebody who can act and sound exactly like Axl Rose (whose voice is very distinctive) -good luck with that. 

Except Axl Rose 1993 doesn't look exactly like Axl Rose 2000 and beyond. His plastic surgeon fixed that for him, I'm guessing.

1 hour ago, magnumpi said:

Don't forget your medicine before you enter this forum. Or the internet in general

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Apollo said:

Great post. 

Imagine the balls these guys have to offer Izzy the same amount they were paying Melissa. Laughable. 

We don't know for sure that's what it was but if it was, that is pretty sad.  Izzy was and still is one cool dude....:thumbsup:

Edited by Kasanova King
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, magnumpi said:

Great post Apollo, 

Frankly axl, slash, and muff are all pieces of garbage.

I have more respect for axl because he's very open and honest about how he operates.

Slush and Muff are phonies without any integrity or character.

I bet there's other reasons why izzy bailed on velvet revolver but he has too much class and integrity to comment.

Izzy and adler are the 2 out of the 5 that I respect.

Sorum and Kushner would be the guys to

ask

5 hours ago, EvanG said:

The grunge fad was already fading out by 1993. The so called ''grunge'' bands were still relevant, though, and as a result we got one alt-rock band after another throughout the 90s. It wasn't until the late 90s that the rap-rock thing became more popular. The sentiment that the alt-rock scene stopped being popular when Cobain died is incorrect.

Nope. Possibly regional however

I've often had a theory that the braided Rose of c.2002, an 'industrial' bugger vehemently opposed to a reunion, who wants to release trilogies with bands of freaks, is languishing in the Malibu vault, locked in there through the machiavellianism of his doppelgänger, an avaricious legacy act.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I've often had a theory that the braided Rose of c.2002, an 'industrial' bugger vehemently opposed to a reunion, who wants to release trilogies with bands of freaks, is languishing in the Malibu vault, locked in there through the machiavellianism of his doppelgänger, an avaricious legacy act.

You have a way with words ol' chap :lol:

14 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

that is possibly the greatest post i have EVER read....anywhere! kudos.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, magnumpi said:

who tho hell was that guy during 2006 tour then? he was 100% badass and his voice was godlike!

10 hours ago, Chris 55 said:

Nope. Possibly regional however

When you look at the top 25 rock songs from 1995 till 1999, you will see that 3/4 of it is alt-rock bands. Sure, I don't know what kind of rock music was popular in Kazakhstan, or whatever country you're from, but in North America and most of Europe it was those bands that gained the most popularity. That more or less changed when those nu-metal freaks got their one minute fame.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, EvanG said:

When you look at the top 25 rock songs from 1995 till 1999, you will see that 3/4 of it is alt-rock bands. Sure, I don't know what kind of rock music was popular in Kazakhstan, or whatever country you're from, but in North America and most of Europe it was those bands that gained the most popularity. That more or less changed when those nu-metal freaks got their one minute fame.

Top 25 rock songs according to who?

Nu-Metal fame lasted longer than a minute :)

5 hours ago, EvanG said:

"One minute"

10 years later...

7 hours ago, Chris 55 said:

Top 25 rock songs according to who?

http://tunecaster.com/years/year-end/rock1995.html 

And you can click the remaining years of the 90s and you will see that it was mostly alt-rock that dominated the charts. So your argument that it faded out after Cobain died isn't what I remember (and I'm old enough to remember the 90s) nor what you can read in those charts.

7 hours ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

"One minute"

10 years later...

I'm not saying that most of those bands aren't still playing huge festival in Europe or still having moderate success, but the nu metal hype didn't last for more than a few years, from what I remember. 

Edited by EvanG

On 7/27/2017 at 1:21 PM, Modano09 said:

I'm making assumptions? After an interview where Axl danced around why Izzy wasn't there, implying he just changed his mind, Izzy tweeted "bullshit, they didn't want to split the loot equally." So, it seems like it's in response to why he wasn't there. It certainly makes more sense than Izzy's mad that Duff and Slash aren't making as much as Axl or whatever you're trying to say there.

Axl/Slash/Duff own the band and managed it the last 25 years. Izzy doesn't and didn't. If you don't believe that's a key factor in what he was or wasn't offered, I don't know what to tell you.

So you can't show the quote or statement from Izzy. 

You admit you are making an assumption based on a comment from Izzy about the salary he was offered for future shows. And nothing about the shares in the band he gave up twenty plus years ago. 

Thank you for admitting this is something that is just your own speculation. And not an actual factual event. ??????

This modono person is reading in between the lines when there's nothing to read into and he's adding meaning to things.

A tweet is not an official legal statement.

This modano is taking the word equally and creating an entire narrative.

Izzy likely misused th e word equally when he really meant fairly.

When I've spoken or even rushed through writing I've used the word equally when in fact what I was trying to convey was fairness.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Apollo said:

So you can't show the quote or statement from Izzy. 

You admit you are making an assumption based on a comment from Izzy about the salary he was offered for future shows. And nothing about the shares in the band he gave up twenty plus years ago. 

Thank you for admitting this is something that is just your own speculation. And not an actual factual event. ??????

You mean the deleted tweet? Yes, Axl and Duff were asked in an interview why Izzy wasn't there. They dance around it, saying something like "one day Izzy's in, the next he's out". Within days, Izzy tweets this -

Screen+Shot+2016-09-07+at+7.57.42+PM.png

And you think that's a coincidence? One has nothing to do with the other? My interpretation of "they didn't want to split the loot equally" is that it was a problem for him that they didn't want to split the money equally. That he wanted an equal share. But I guess "they didn't want to split the loot equally" could mean anything, really. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, magnumpi said:

This modono person is reading in between the lines when there's nothing to read into and he's adding meaning to things.

A tweet is not an official legal statement.

This modano is taking the word equally and creating an entire narrative.

Izzy likely misused th e word equally when he really meant fairly.

When I've spoken or even rushed through writing I've used the word equally when in fact what I was trying to convey was fairness.

So now we're not supposed to take what Izzy himself says seriously if it goes against what you want to believe? 

• Like 1