Does anyone besides me really like this version of SCOM?

42 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

You have to wonder what was going on in Rose's head at this time. He was supposed to be recording Chinese and instead he was farting around re-recording Appetite.

Maybe he had an Appetite for Chinese Redestruction

Edited by Mendez

2 hours ago, ll_tj1 said:

It's definitely not crowd noise removed. It's a studio version. There is no piegaro, piegaro at the beginning either. I will gladly upload it when I get back home, Sunday or Monday. I'd like to get a better idea of what it is. I've sent it to several people who are known among the forums to have unheard music that believed it to be the 1999 studio recording. But never have gotten 100% confirmation. 

Will look forward to it! Hopefully at least someone will know what it is for definite

6 hours ago, Dean said:

Loved the studio performance at the end, makes you wonder what the rest of the re-recordings sounded like.

I do wonder if people make rerecording AFD a bigger thing than it really is.

it may have "just" been an effort to capture the sound of the band in an effort to make measure their progress on sounding like GNR

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ericy210 said:

I do wonder if people make rerecording AFD a bigger thing than it really is.

it may have "just" been an effort to capture the sound of the band in an effort to make measure their progress on sounding like GNR

Maybe you're right, but I recall reading that a movie around the same time as Big Daddy, wanted to use Welcome to the Jungle but Axl was insistent that they used the re-recording.  So there's a chance he maybe wanted to use more of it.

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

You have to wonder what was going on in Rose's head at this time. He was supposed to be recording Chinese and instead he was farting around re-recording Appetite.

This I agree with. While we have varying opinions about the actual sound of the new version- exactly this 100%.

20 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I don't want this thread to be the butt of another fight about NuGuns, so let's just talk about the song. I think this version, while not as good as the original was very cool to hear after all those years. The transition during the solo symbolized the switch of Old Guns to the new band Axl was presenting and Finck's take on the solo was original, fresh and creative. Axl does some very good octave singing towards the end that I believe surpasses the original (on that one part) and I actually enjoyed the synth overdubs at the end. Anyone else actually like this song, or am I alone here?

I liked it, I have always wanted to head his retake on AFD.  Most people consider it a sin, but I don't see why.  I enjoyed Slash's retake on PC, and I enjoyed this. 

I never heard it before just now and my verdict is it's not good, not good at all. But I've never heard a version I liked besides the original. In my opinion, that song has to be sung just like Axl does on the record or it doesn't work, and I've never heard a live version where he did it. So, to me at least, that song exists as a one time only thing. The original and that's it.

It just comes of like they are trying to hard especially Axl and the drums sound like shit with the extra fills. You don't have to worry about Axl releasing or leaking this shit

Edited by Gibbo
  • Like 1