10/01/17 - Buenos Aires, AR - Estadio La Plata

gunsguy

9 hours ago, lukigol said:

jokin, right? Nothing amazing here, they shouldnt play that song until he will find his vocal back 

Definitely nothing close to amazing.. I didn't even think the part the OP was talking about sounded that great compared to other recent performances. That said, it was decent for a 2017 performance. Axl didn't sound great but better than most performances I have seen of this song these days. It almost seemed like he was trying something a little different. 

59 minutes ago, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

I've said this before; would You Could Be Mine benefit from being played later in their set? Perhaps as a part of the encore?

I think that they should play it as early as possible. Maybe even as the opening song, like they did in Bolivia thee years ago.

• GNFNR 1

33 minutes ago, Sosso said:

I think that they should play it as early as possible. Maybe even as the opening song, like they did in Bolivia thee years ago.

How did that sound?

If it were up to me (if we're playing the song as early as possible) I would have it as the second song in their set.

Edited by ChineseDemocracy2004

2 hours ago, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

I've said this before; would You Could Be Mine benefit from being played later in their set? Perhaps as a part of the encore?

whats the difference? Sounds shitty anyway

20 minutes ago, Pedrolg said:

Lol, take that classic Axl sounding opening line. It's as if he remembers he is supposed to mickey it after starting. 

he is like: wait a minute, sounds to good, Ill switch to pussy vocal

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Not a bad Whole Lotta Roise from this show (of course its not Axl/DC quality) but he gives it some decent rasp through decent chunks of the song! Don't cry is decent enough, but with a nice little vocal crack on the last higher note.

To be fair Nightrain ispretty decent aswell:

Edited by koldweather

5 hours ago, koldweather said:

Not a bad Whole Lotta Roise from this show (of course its not Axl/DC quality) but he gives it some decent rasp through decent chunks of the song! Don't cry is decent enough, but with a nice little vocal crack on the last higher note.

To be fair Nightrain ispretty decent aswell:

Thanks for posting - 

I actually never seek out to watch Rosie because the few I have seen just haven't been that good mostly due to the vocals but the band as well.. They both sounded pretty damn good there!

Don't Cry - I had to shut it off half way through.. The drums are annoying and this is always one I can't stand Fortus on.. His over use of the whammy bar in this song annoys the shit out of me.. So uncalled for in this song... His tone isn't warm enough either.

Nightrain - Solid but no surprises there as it has been one of the most consistent songs..

Looking forward to my show in a couple weeks..  

Just now, BorderlineCrazy said:

Absolutely, there was a sense of massive joy as soon as YCBM started. Everyone lost it with that beatiful riff!! Love you, Izzy! :heart:

I know I feel that joy, love YCBM!...yes, Axl doesn't sound like he did way back when but for me I still love that song live. I do indeed!!! :headbang:

To be honest i think that Yesterdays sounded decent as well. In general there was rasp in almost all the songs (at least a little bit)

Check out the end of Welcome to the Jungle, the scream "you're gonna die" was the longest in a long time

• Like 1

On 3.10.2017 at 10:47 PM, koldweather said:

Not a bad Whole Lotta Roise from this show (of course its not Axl/DC quality) but he gives it some decent rasp through decent chunks of the song! 

What's this Axl/DC quality you're talking about? He didn't use any more rasp on that song even when he sang it with AC/DC. I see no difference worth mentioning between this and his AC/DC performances.

On 03. 10. 2017. at 12:39 AM, TOS--LOA said:

I have no idea what you're trying to say. You spelled intelligence wrong then bragged about not seeing a single show. 

inteligence is spelled differently in dfferent languages, typos can happen in all. I said what I did and it is not hard to understand. read again.

On 10/2/2017 at 10:58 PM, SeBaZ said:

I absolutely love that he does the run up into "...but it goes to show-oh" at 2:47 instead of just punching it. Reminds me of the older performances and he nails it.

On ‎03‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 7:21 PM, Pedrolg said:

Lol, take that classic Axl sounding opening line. It's as if he remembers he is supposed to mickey it after starting. 

Having started their show with it I thought it would sound promising but I was wrong. 

On ‎03‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 7:42 PM, lukigol said:

whats the difference? Sounds shitty anyway

he is like: wait a minute, sounds to good, Ill switch to pussy vocal

I agree. I don't think Axl can sing it the way we want him to anymore. He chooses to sing to sing it the "mickey" way and the song suffers but that's nothing new at this point.

On ‎04‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 3:51 AM, JoeyBananaduck said:

Why play it at all? It's not one of their better songs and he can't sing it very well anymore. Sub it.

It's one of the band's most popular songs. I'd be surprised if it were to be dropped in the future.

The reason I suggested playing the song in the encore would to see how Axl sounded later in the show.

Take Nightrain for example; Axl usually sounds alright on that song after sounded winded for most of the middle part of the show.