Sail away Sweet sister intro

54 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

I loved it too, but Axl hasn't done an intro to SCOM since 1993 so I see no reason why he would suddenly change his mind now.

I don't have a computer for the next couple days, just my phone, so I can't confirm it now but I swear he did an a cappella intro at least once in 2006, at one of the Euro gigs (I wanna say Birmingham or one of the shows around then).

On topic, his SCOM intros were always awesome. Sail Away Sweet Sister was awesome, Since I Don't Have You was another great one. If he were to do one now, Parisienne Walkways by Thin Lizzy with Slash doing the guitar parts could be a great intro.

I love the original "Sail Away Sweet Sister", but I don't really enjoy Axl's rendition... i love his rasp, but he used so much of it that I couldn't make out a word! I found it grating to the ears... besides, the original was great because of the instrumentation behind it, and Brian May's softer vocal style.

2 hours ago, Garren said:

I love the original "Sail Away Sweet Sister", but I don't really enjoy Axl's rendition... i love his rasp, but he used so much of it that I couldn't make out a word! I found it grating to the ears... besides, the original was great because of the instrumentation behind it, and Brian May's softer vocal style.

Which version are you thinking of?  Sail Away... was never too raspy to my recollection, but he'd follow it with a very raspy rendition of 'Bad Time'.

(Also I've always thought The Game was a good album overall, the original version of SASS is good but I was introduced to it by Axl's version so I'll always have a soft spot for it.)

19 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Which version are you thinking of?  Sail Away... was never too raspy to my recollection, but he'd follow it with a very raspy rendition of 'Bad Time'.

(Also I've always thought The Game was a good album overall, the original version of SASS is good but I was introduced to it by Axl's version so I'll always have a soft spot for it.)

Maybe the fact that his rasp mushed his words together led me to believe it was just more Sail Away!

I did like the actual Sail Away part before he went all out screaming, though. If it's Bad Time that I dislike, I'll never know! Thanks for correcting me, though.