Steven Adler plans to release a new book =Steven Adler: The S--t My Friends Remember I Did=, releases website and wants people to send him stories

2 hours ago, RONIN said:

Money and relevance I suppose now that Guns is huge again. He's embracing the mythology of him being the ultimate fuck-up party animal that got kicked out of the most dangerous band in the world because he was too wild. That's cool when you're in your 20's or even 30's. Not when you're 50 something like Steven.

He had a glorious past but this stuff is sort of like the uncle we all have that won't stop talking about their glory days in high school when they were the star athlete. 

None of the guys celebrate their excess to the level Steven does. How many interviews do Gilby or even Matt give about the wild debauchery of the Illusion tour? Steven seems to revel in that stuff.

He revels in that stuff because it's his legacy. He didn't go on to create more relevant music after AFD like his former bandmates did.

Duff told a joke like this some years back....

They asked Duff if he would write a book about GNR (before he did) and he said something like "Yeah, it will be called 'The shit I can't remember' ". He went on to talk about how people are always telling him something that happened back in the day but half the time he can't recall it.

This sounds like it would make for a fun read anyway.

2 hours ago, RONIN said:

Money and relevance I suppose now that Guns is huge again. He's embracing the mythology of him being the ultimate fuck-up party animal that got kicked out of the most dangerous band in the world because he was too wild. That's cool when you're in your 20's or even 30's. Not when you're 50 something like Steven.

He had a glorious past but this stuff is sort of like the uncle we all have that won't stop talking about their glory days in high school when they were the star athlete. 

None of the guys celebrate their excess to the level Steven does. How many interviews do Gilby or even Matt give about the wild debauchery of the Illusion tour? Steven seems to revel in that stuff.

Agreed absolutely

13 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Weed is often prescribed medically for mental illness, even if it was recreational it’s not the worst thing you can do. His past addictions were more so illegal drugs and drinking.

I really hope Adler doesn’t put anything in this book that (further) damages his relationship with this incarnation of Guns, although the damage may already be done with his mother’s last release.

so was it STEVENS MOTHER'S BOOK that took Steven out of the GN'A tour

WOW

i thought it was because Axl AND Duff AND Slash didnt want to have anything to do with Steven in the first place

guess i dont know shit

:rofl-lol:

5 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

so was it STEVENS MOTHER'S BOOK that took Steven out of the GN'A tour

WOW

i thought it was because Axl AND Duff AND Slash didnt want to have anything to do with Steven in the first place

guess i dont know shit

:rofl-lol:

No disrespect intended but I wish you’d respond to my posts constructively so we can have an articulated debate over this. I have no issues with you disagreeing with me but you don’t have to put me down to get your opinions across. 

I sincerely don’t believe that The Big 3 have anything against Adler. I don’t see why they would hate him. There were lots of reasons over the past decades Adler brought upon himself. His mothers book did cause a lot of damage when the band gave him a second chance, and didn’t he say he wanted to throw Frank down the stairs? He talked a lot of shit about the band and the spots that they choose to give him.

3 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

No disrespect intended but I wish you’d respond to my posts constructively so we can have an articulated debate over this. I have no issues with you disagreeing with me but you don’t have to put me down to get your opinions across. 

I sincerely don’t believe that The Big 3 have anything against Adler. I don’t see why they would hate him. There were lots of reasons over the past decades Adler brought upon himself. His mothers book did cause a lot of damage when the band gave him a second chance, and didn’t he say he wanted to throw Frank down the stairs? He talked a lot of shit about the band and the spots that they choose to give him.

sorry if that felt disrespectful, i am just laughing here

man, my point is that i suppose we dont know SHIT about what TRULY happened with Steven == both in 1990 and 2016

I suppose it is pretty naive to believe that steven mother book had anything to do with steven not touring in 2016. its likely more practical reasons like money and specially Axl and Slash and Duff not really wanting to deal with him on a daily basis

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

man, my point is that i suppose we dont know SHIT about what TRULY happened with Steven == both in 1990 and 2016

I suppose it is pretty naive to believe that steven mother book had anything to do with steven not touring in 2016. its likely more practical reasons like money and specially Axl and Slash and Duff not really wanting to deal with him on a daily basis

Exactly. The book probably didn't help though since it distracts from their three-union.

11 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

Your probably right that there are other factors outside of just the book, but I believe it did a lot of damage to Adler’s relationship to this incarnation of Guns. He didn’t keep up with the bands hush order as well later on which- good for him- but ultimately puts him on the blacklist for this very private band.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

It really wasn't that off the wall and it was only two times.  He was basically playing at a bar at that time.. I don't remember the details but I said something to him while he was waiting to go on and we started talking.. We hit it off so I offered him to partake in some killer Bud I had.. He had to play so we went out during intermission.. I remember time getting away from us as we were all puffing and having a beer that his band had to come looking for him when it was time to go back on.. After the show we partied for a couple hours and that was when we were hanging out near/in my car puffing drinking and cranking tunes and smashing my windshield ;)

He was playing somewhat close a couple nights later so I decided to go with my Uncle.. It was a little bit bigger of a place. He saw me during one of the first songs and pointed and gave the universal puffing a joint symbol. When the song was over he jumped off the stage and gave me a hug.. He was kind of sweaty and I was a bit taken a back but it was cool lol.. Somehow we ended up outside after the main set.. Probably smoking a cigarette.. He was the first person I ever saw smoke American spirits. I remember him getting sick.. Dunno if he was dope sick or what but the lady he was with started telling us and everyone around him to leave.. He told her that we were cool and could stay.. I remember her saying that they were just going to call the show before the encore because he was sick.. You could here the people inside chanting.. He was like "fuck that that, I'm going into finish".. He went back in and did a killer encore.. I think they started with an AC/DC song... 

After the show he invited us "backstage" which was actually the downstairs of the club.. There was a good amount of people down there. I remember him having a wheelchair down there that he was sitting in.. Between that and the getting sick it was kind of sad.. But we were still hanging and smoking.. The dude loved his weed and I had some good shit!! 

So we were all hanging out.. He was sitting in the corner in his wheelchair and I remember him slapping the bag of weed out of my hand.. I was like sorry that is all I have left.. I dunno what I was thinking but I thought he was trying to take it or something.. What was really happening was the cops were coming down the stairs to break up the party an he was trying to help me from getting arrested. That was it, the cops kicked everyone but the band out real quick and I felt like a total douche bag for thinking he was trying to take my weed.. I did reach out to him on facebook once to apologize and he responded.. He was totally cool, understood and asked me if I got my windshield fixed..

Well that is the short version. Some stuff I left out and some I forgot since I was hammerfaced both nights.. I do have some cool memories and a drum stick that he gave me though.. He also put "Draw The Line" on an EP he has shortly after that and I like to think that night influenced that in some way ;)

I also met Slash twice too... One of the times he shot the shit with us for like 10 or 15 minutes and signed my LIES cassette sleeve..  I didn't get to "hang out" with him either time but they were still great memories and he was totally cool. 

I ran into adler at a pool hall once

and he blew me in the bathroom for a bag of pretzles. Put that in the book

Book probably came about this way; Adlers lawyer noticed that the statute of limitation was up for Adlers last criminal offence and proactively started calling publishers on Adlers behalf, along the way solving the problem that Adler cant write and would drive a ghost writer crazy though conversations with publishers.  Adler enjoyed the book tour with his mom, as it celebrated him, so he agreed.  The lawyer took a commission for securing the deal and creating the wiki-adler / adlerpedia model for the book in addition to his standard legal fees for processing the contract.

Once a week, over vegan sushi, John 5 talks Adler out of submitting stories under assumed identities.  :lol:

On 10/11/2017 at 9:52 AM, Gackt said:

Why does everyone need to write a book these days?

Just start a youtube channel and do Q&A's that way, make vlogs.

Probably could do both....plus the money from a top selling book is pretty good, I hear. 

6 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Probably could do both....plus the money from a top selling book is pretty good, I hear. 

Thing is he already has one book out if people wanted to read the dirt, not to mention the one released by his mom earlier this year :lol:

The guy who wrote his first book got shafted. I cannot remember the exact details but Adler unceremoniously dumped him and selected somebody else. The second guy then proceeded to copy the first guy's draft verbatim. The first guy got no accreditation or remuneration - I think Adler cut off contact with him.

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

The guy who wrote his first book got shafted. I cannot remember the exact details but Adler unceremoniously dumped him and selected somebody else. The second guy then proceeded to copy the first guy's draft verbatim. The first guy got no accreditation or remuneration - I think Adler cut off contact with him.

I've read that writer's claims, but if this is true why was there no lawsuit? If he did the original draft he would have notes or an outline. He would need proof other than just claiming it on the internet.

Also, why would he have been removed from the project? Usually if someone thinks you're doing a great job they don't fire you.

Steven should have used his time back with the band to get all the details of the reunion that the rest of the band won't talk about, and then write a book about that. That would be almost as good as his lawsuit back in the day. 

Adler you read this forum right? ;)

Edited by Ace Spade

9 minutes ago, Jungle-Natives said:

Cool stories!

I talk about this a little on the last podcast we did, I partied with the dude more times than I can remember. He even told ME to "slow down" sometimes LOL

But the truth is, if I hadn't, that first book of his would NEVER have gotten written. 

Why?

Because they tried getting him to work with a number of writers before me and it didn't work out. Steve would run off to party and leave them wondering where he went.

They not only needed someone who already knew the band's history thoroughly, they needed someone he could hang with without having to disappear. 

I've said it before, and I'll say it to my grave, Lawrence Spagnola is a thief.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2017 at 11:20 AM, scooby845 said:

Now tell me you don't feel happy for this guy! Looks better than anyone in current GNR.

I love you Steven! Keep being healthy and rock on! 

“I’m just enjoying my life. Every morning I wake up healthy and not sick, I just want to thank God for the beautiful day," said Adler. "All I care about is the moment.”

What a fuckin' legend!

Utter respect...

Adler-bowl.jpg?w=980&q=75

Still has twitching and that heroin slur tho.

Edited by AFGnR

11 minutes ago, Jungle-Natives said:

Yes sir, SuperGod.

Here's some background info, http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/interviews.php

Holy shit! i just read that. When was that article done? Have you been to court? 

I'm female btw :P SuperGod is my forum title like your one is 'newbie'

What podcast were you referring to in your earlier post?