Did the public know that Axl could play piano prior to UYI?

1 hour ago, Carne_asaDA said:

Was this ever noted publicly by an interview or video footage? I know there was SOME footage of Axl striking some simple notes at the Patience video shoot during a jam. But that is it.

He mentions writing songs on piano in the August 1989 RS interview I believe. Not sure of any examples of him playin piano live prior to 1991 though.

2 hours ago, Carne_asaDA said:

Was this ever noted publicly by an interview or video footage? I know there was SOME footage of Axl striking some simple notes at the Patience video shoot during a jam. But that is it.

Speaking of versatility, you're known primarily as a singer, but you've been playing piano quite a bit lately.
I've played piano my whole life. I took lessons, but I only really played my lesson on the day of the lesson. All week long, I'd sit down at the piano and just make up stuff. To this day, I still can't really play other people's songs, only my own. I haven't had a piano for years. I couldn't afford one. I couldn't figure out where I was sleeping at night, let alone try to have a place for a piano. So I had to put it aside and have the dream that I'd get to it. Now I really want to bring the piano out.

RS, August 1989.

• GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, Chris 55 said:

You're right! Total nobody! Didn't he sing on some album, Appetite for Construction or some shit?

😅😂😃👍

5 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

Poor Slash just wanted a rock n roll singer and instead got a guy with the musical ear of a Beethoven with the range of Mercury, the showmanship of Elvis, the control of Jagger, and the anger of a red headed step child. 

😅😄😃😂👍

I hadn't read the RS interview back then (and I hadn't had access to many interviews) so I didn't know.

There is the little piano part in the end of One In A Million, but I had listened to the song like once and had forgotten about that detail until recently when I listened to it again after all those years. And I guess with the controversy and all not many people had paid much attention or wondered about it.

23 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I hadn't read the RS interview back then (and I hadn't had access to many interviews) so I didn't know.

There is the little piano part in the end of One In A Million, but I had listened to the song like once and had forgotten about that detail until recently when I listened to it again after all those years. And I guess with the controversy and all not many people had paid much attention or wondered about it.

Shit there is piano in One In A Million? Damn. Back to Lies' for a while then. 

• Like 1