Slash Fortus and Bumblefoot Make 2017 Top Guitarist Lists

Yea these lists are only ever of people with high profiles and high profile bands, there are tons better unknown guitarists out there than some of these. Good to see Satchel though, atleast they got that right.

Also lol, "gutted Bumble wasnt in recent GNR shows". Yea who wouldn't want to see him back?..right behind Izzy, Adler, Matt, or Gilby. :facepalm:

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

1 hour ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Yea these lists are only ever of people with high profiles and high profile bands, there are tons better unknown guitarists out there than some of these. Good to see Satchel though, atleast they got that right.

Also lol, "gutted Bumble wasnt in recent GNR shows". Yea who wouldn't want to see him back?..right behind Izzy, Adler, Matt, or Gilby. :facepalm:

At least he’s above Ashba and Tobias right?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AlterL said:

To be fair Tremonti is awesome and keeps pushing himself every fucking time. By the way what has Bumblefoot done this year? Has he released anything that I might have missed?

Sons of Apollo and the 2nd art of anarchy album. 

Bucket is still under appreciated, he's worked more then any other guitarist out there when you look at releases and work he's done for games/soundtracks ect. I think alot of people don't really see or get all that he can do, he has done so many styles it's really hard to know his abilities by even looking at just 2 or 3 releases. To the people that say he can't write, check out " I love my parents" I think it's one of the best things he's written.

Bumble is good but I agree with the comment that he isn't a "song writer" and I'm pretty sure that's why he got the cold shoulder in guns. 

Gilbert, Kotzen, Vai, Satch. They are all great players too but imho suffer from great player syndrome to various degrees. Worrying about guitar pyrotechnics instead of song writing. Out of that batch I think Kotzen is the best writer. His winery dogs releases have some decent solid songs "Criminal" stood out to me, he can sing really good too. 

Tremonti, he's definitely a good guitarist and has always improved but I've never cared for any of his material in any band he's been in, I think there's some solid stuff hes written but it's definitely not comparable to guns whom I think are the best song writing band on that list.

Slash, as much as I hate his solo stuff the material he's released with Guns more then makes up for it to me. He's old school compared to all these other people with technique and he boxes himself in with his views with that mentality BUT, he's got the fingerprint that's signiture, instantly recognized tone too. Imo Brian May is the only other guy up there with those qualities but I'm personally not nearly as impressed with him when it comes to playing or writing. 

The other guys on that list just make me yawn.