IZZY STRADLIN (and MATT SORUM) show up at movie festival in Palm Springs

30 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Geez. Is there someone with a gun sitting next to you, forcing you to read these threads?

Not really. I just thought I'd pop in and comment on how a thread about Matt and Izzy going to a film festival turned into an 11 page debate about Izzy's involvment with the band

Edited by Gibson_Guy87
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Not really. I just thought I'd pop in and comment on how a thread about Matt and Izzy going to a film festival turned into an 11 page debate about Izzy's involvment with the band

Good. I thought I would have to get you help somehow. So you can simply close the thread and leave, if it bores you that much.

5 hours ago, Powderfinger said:

Yeah, Because Better is superior to everything Izzy wrote and contributed to. You obviously know nothing about musicians..... Technically good guitar players do not always write great songs, whereas musicians write songs but might not be shredders. Your opinion is rubbish and proven to be by album sales alone. You need better drugs if you think Fortus has a place in GNR ahead of Izzy.

Fortus is in GNR and Izzy is currently not.

I can't understand some fans refusal to accept the reality of the situation.

It is what it is. 

You either except that and get on with life until we hear officially  what the future holds in terms of band members and plans.

Judging by the success of the tour and the fact band members seem to be happy playing with and touring together I don't see any changes to the band line up in the future.

All involved seem at piece with there own individual decisions as to being or not being involved in a reunion.

Izzy lots happy and healthy and at piece with life.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, kiwiguns said:

Fortus is in GNR and Izzy is currently not.

I can't understand some fans refusal to accept the reality of the situation.

It is what it is. 

You either except that and get on with life until we hear officially  what the future holds in terms of band members and plans.

Judging by the success of the tour and the fact band members seem to be happy playing with and touring together I don't see any changes to the band line up in the future.

Well see the thing is, you probably had that attitude while Slash And Duff were out of the band and look how that changed... 

I have no beef with Fortus and he fits in as a second choice, but what planet are you on to prefer and see live a replacement over an original contributing member.

Maybe you should listen to a different band or something because, It doesn’t really matter what you or I think or say, but Slash, Axl, Duff, Izzy & Steven were GNR. 

I can start lying if you wish and pretend that’s not true and fortus contributed heavily to Appetite & UYI, would that be a better reality for you? 

I’ll start by editing the Wikipedia page for you... 

Edited by Powderfinger
  • Haha 1

On 1/12/2018 at 6:55 PM, Modano09 said:

He's "unreliable" because almost 30 years ago he decided it wasn't for him and has liked to pick and chose his shots since. The way Izzy is described has been consistent and nobody says it in a negative way. It's just how he is. So I don't see why people insist on denying that he is how everyone close to him describes him as being. 

Fair point. Contracts and the threat of being sued have a way of reforming even the most "unreliable" people. (See Axl Rose)

20 hours ago, annabanana said:

In one of his tweets he only referred to the April shows not the whole NITL tour, so this actually makes sense. They didn't wanna share the loot equally didn't he April shows so negotiations broke down including whatever participation in the NITL. 

Basically what I suspect happened. Those shows were a test-run for Axl and Slash to see if they could even make things work for a single show or two. As they both have said, they literally didn't even know if there was going to be anything beyond the Coachella and Vegas shows. Things were being worked out and planned right up till the last minute. 

On 1/12/2018 at 8:28 PM, beautifulanddamned said:

I guess I had just been assuming that Izzy wanted to do a full on reunion and split the loot equally for the Coachella and Vegas shows only. Those shows were completely separate in a business sense from the NITL shows, right? And it seems like it was at least considered what with Adler's known involvement in rehearsals. I figured some of the business people behind the scenes pointed out that it wouldn't look good to do a full on Appetite 5 reunion for four concerts and then try to sell very expensive tickets to shows that would  only include 3/5 of them most of the time (because no one wanted to put up with Adler for years and Izzy wasn't up for that kind of time commitment). So they backtracked and offered Izzy and Adler guest spots at random shows only, including one or two of those first shows for small fees. Easy to believe that Izzy would have gladly done 4 shows for a few million dollars and then flittered in and out of the tour at his leisure. He was quite obviously pissed he didn't have the opportunity to do so.

Agree with everything you said here except the bolded. Definitely a good possibility that's what he wanted to do - drop in and out. But we're talking a hugely lucrative tour w/ NITL. Enough cash to get anyone to commit to a 2 year tour. Would Izzy walk away from a multi-million dollar payday (if he committed to a 2 year tour)? Hard to say...I don't think is Izzy is beyond taking a paycheck gig if the payout was huge.

I suspect it's as simple as most think: The partners figured they could make a ton of money without needing to pay extra, let alone fork over an equal percentage to Izzy. The only relevant players here are Axl and Slash. Duff, due to his shares in GnR Inc is along for the ride and no doubt getting a lower split than the other two. Why should they pay Izzy when they can get Fortus for next to nothing? Pitman whining about his pay sort of adds more credence to this - the partners were running a very tight ship. They learned their lesson from the hugely wasteful Illusion tour. The principals are paid handsomely and everyone else can take or leave the pittance they're given. Izzy and Adler are irrelevant to the success of the tour and given that Axl/Slash/Duff had all the negotiating cache in the world - more than likely they lowballed the guy. I'd be shocked if Adler's compensation was anything more than 5 figures - he probably had to foot the travel expenses himself. No way is Izzy going to agree to an arrangement like that. 

I think as you and Anna have said, negotiations broke down for those 4 shows w/ Izzy and even if they could have worked out something there, I don't think that's any guarantee that they had any plans to let Izzy join full time for NITL.

On 1/12/2018 at 7:33 PM, Modano09 said:

But even that supports how Izzy's been portrayed - he'd do a one off show, because, why not? And he sees an album as them just throwing down basic tracks and getting it out. All in all the guy just comes off as someone who doesn't want to take it too seriously and doesn't want it to be too big and wants to do it all as long as it's fun for him at the time - which isn't at all a bad thing, it just may not be ideal if you want to do a 2 year world stadium tour. 

For sure. But the flip side here is that it's just one quote and context must be considered. You're talking about an extremely contentious relationship where the principals involved (Axl and Slash) had publicly burned bridges by 2001. The prospect of even doing a single show from then until 2015 seemed completely implausible. So it would make sense that Izzy gives a glib reply that sounds like "sure - whatever, one show could be fun" [before the whole thing implodes]. 

I understand where you're coming from but I don't think you can completely write him off until we know whether the partners even offered him a permanent spot on the tour. The odds are long imho that Izzy was offered more than guest spots and I suspect the reason for that was purely financial. 

As far as what he said about doing a GnR album - I think that was more a dig at how long Axl takes to do his parts. Izzy's style of recording is not all that different from Slash's (imho). Both of those guys like to jam stuff out and release it with minimal studio tweaking.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Derick said:

Woww..It´s from about 17 years ago Ronin. When you said that "in the last decade" I thought you meant the last 10 years or something closer to the time he made his last appearance with the band or even newer(because we know people can change their minds..just take a look to the Axl/Slash saga)..Anyway, on this 2001 interview I can see something much closer to a "whatever" than an "I'd love to". So this interview or any other that is not relatively closer to the time when they began to consider doing these shows, are not consistent enough to affirm that he wants to be part of the NITLT.

Look I know that some of you guys(Izzy fans) are so fuckin´ frustrated because you saw in this tour a chance to see Izzy playing live music, maybe the only chance to see him at a show..but it´s not fair try to put all the blame on the band or try to demean this tour..Whether you want it or not, the evidences points much more to the possibility that Izzy doesn´t want to be part of this tour that for a evil plan to keep him out.

What evidences? Izzy´s solo career (no tours,no band mates,no band) Izzy´s low profile philosophy and the "split the loot  equally" demand. To me, those things are much more stronger then some random interview...How and what he do in real life is much more relevant than 17 years old "whatever" statements, especially in this case where we have a lack of information available.

Yeah, I realized that you didn't follow that era. Just to remember, in 2014 Izzy was supposed to do one of those residency shows in Vegas..He never showed up.

Here's a 2008 Izzy interview which touches on touring, the 2006 shows, a possible reunion, etc: http://chinese-democracy.blogspot.com.au/2008/11/exclusive-interview-with-izzy-stradlin.html

• Like 1

On 12/01/2018 at 12:03 PM, default_ said:

Just a little:
Do we know for sure that the infamous Izzy loot tweet was adressed to GNR?

Cause as far as I remember it, he didnt tweet that straight after the interview, it took some time. Izzy's always tweeting weird stuff and deleting, is there any possibility it wasnt adressed to GNR or is it 100% fact?

wow, fuck, why has no one ever considered this possibility... now if you connect A to B it most likely has nothing to do with GNR... could it be an explanation of why izzy quit avocado farming?!

now what about the infamous "not in this lifetime" quote? there is this guy on youtube who got the original TMZ video and removed the noise (crowd, cars) and enhanced the low-voice-frequency (axl is the only source of low voice frequency on that video) and its insane, it sounds like axl actually says "not in this lifetime... [then 2 seconds later, in a real low voice thats so hard to hear, as if he was talking to himself] I will miss the chance to play with slash on this lifetime again"!

here a link to this video where you can listen to the real "not in this lifetime" quote

• Haha 2

On 12/01/2018 at 1:19 PM, Zoot said:

And if Izzy is playing the victim, lying and manipulating the situation to make the big 3 look bad, why would they let him get away with that? Do you really think Axl of all people would stay quiet when accusations are being thrown around daily that he chose money over his childhood friend? There is no way he would. He'd be calling Izzy out every chance he got if he truly had done nothing wrong.

exactly

axl called steven tyler out pretty fast when he gave a pretty harmless quote about the reunion axl, slash and duff playing together again

its not hard to imagine that axl would have called out izzy at least 18 times faster than that if only he could...

but, apparently, axl has been exposed

and thats apparently why he (and no one in the Guns n Aliens camp) never called izzy out

On 12/01/2018 at 1:42 PM, soon said:

Remember this Stradlin and Matt track? Would be curious to get Salas for one too.  Sorry if this is the wrong thread to discuss this :P

I actually feel that Matt's main beat, that comes in at the start, is a bit rudimentary.  They find 'the pocket' in very different places, Izzy wasnt kidding that they arent well suited to one another.  But it all works out and the song is still great.  Love Matts tom tom section!

agree, they dont really fit that well but this is a nice song after all...

if this was a GNR track they probably would work a bit harder on the tom-tom section to get a better and proper crescendo (1:58 to 2:50) but, yeah, they probably did this pretty fast so its all good :headbang:

On 12/01/2018 at 4:51 PM, Modano09 said:

And there's zero indication that a two year world tour was something Izzy would commit to. 

yeah, except for the fact that izzy actually has done that in the past in much harder conditions

have you ever heard about a band called GNR who toured 1987-1988 and 1991?

anyone that knows a thing or two about GNR will tell you that 1) by all accounts those were much harder times... talking specifically about Izzy, he was (by all accounts) a junkie in a junkies (and drunk-fucks) band on the 1987-88 tour, 2) on most of the dates they were the opening band and thus playing for crowds that weren't there to see them...

i could go on and on... anyone that knows a bit about GNR and a bit about music could tell you, seriously, there is no comparison on how much harder it must have been to tour 1987-1988 and 1991 to this 2016-2017 tour!

(not to mention izzy solo tour in 1992-1993 in clubs playing a full-set of barely-known songs with not a single  GNR song in the repertoire and travelling by bus etc)

seriously, you read something like "there's zero indication that a two year world tour was something Izzy would commit to"...

and you wonder...

"am i talking to kid here who thinks the world started when axl released his solo album?"

"does this guy truly believe in the crap he is writing?"

FFS

Edited by ludurigan
  • Like 2

On 12/01/2018 at 4:56 PM, Modano09 said:

And what's their behavior towards Izzy? 

What's been debunked? As far as the money goes, we're basically down to "well they should have given him an equal share because he wanted it". Which isn't in any way logical, so that's out.  As far as being reliable, well, he had to play 23 shows with GNR in 2006 and apparently they didn't know if he'd show up, stay the whole show or remember the songs night to night, so, maybe they just didn't think he was up for a 2 year world tour? The whole point is that this isn't the big 3 dicking the other 2 for no good reason. 

so thats what you believe?

thats how you see this?

do you think Izzy deserves equal loot BECAUSE HE WANTS?

"You know Axl, I woke up this morning, i looked at my avocado farming and things are not going so well, so, yeah, I WANT some money, yeah, its equal loot or nothing, BECAUSE I WANT IT"

have you ever heard about a band called Guns n Roses where a guy named Izzy Stradlin is one of the guys who created that band?

did you know that the five guys in that band did everything they could (write songs, tour, etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc AND MORE etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc) to make this band happen?

did you know that if it wasn't for that particular guy Izzy Stradlin songs like Sweet Child o' Mine, Patience, Mr. Brownstone and MANY more wouldn't even EXIST?

have you ever considered that if it wasn't for this guy Izzy pretty much all the GNR songs -- except for one or two or three -- would most likely not exist in the shape and form that they do?

have you ever considered that Izzy wants equal loot because he considers that he did as much for that band as any of the other five guys?

On 13/01/2018 at 12:10 AM, RONIN said:

Let's also not forget that if Izzy signed a contract to join the NITL tour, he would be hit with a massive lawsuit if he decided not to show up. A tour of that magnitude more than likely has ironclad contracts. For god sakes, you have Axl showing up on time and not skipping a show for the first time ever in 2016. No cancellations because his fingernail hurts or his psychic's crystal ball told him to stay home and watch tv. Could it be because he's  kept on a legal short leash w/ potentially severe financial repercussions? Stradlin cared more about showing up on time and giving the fans a better show than anyone in the original band if anyone is bothered to read the multitude of Illusion era interviews. Anyone remember the one about how he wanted the band to learn covers so that they could cover when King Axl ran away to have a meltdown offstage during shows - and Duff/Slash were too wasted to even learn new covers? And this is the guy those three are saying is too unreliable for a world tour?

Who cares what Axl Rose has to say about Izzy? What credibility does that guy have to speak about someone being flaky and a risk for not showing up to a show? Based on what? Izzy showed up for all his GnR shows. Did Axl? Those are the facts since everyone here loves facts over conjecture. Izzy doesn't skip shows or cost promoters money. Axl does. End of story. So if he says Izzy is flaky, it doesn't mean shit. Slash is a proven liar. And I'm less inclined to believe Duff these days - his Jericho interview where he backpedals on Izzy's importance to the band only proves that he's parroting Axl's agenda. 

thanks @RONIN

:headbang:

its pretty obvious that anyone who actually cares and -- like you said -- who actually is bothered to read the multitude of interviews (and books, accounts etc) available on GNR would never say the amount of misinformed CRAP we are reading on this thread!

On 13/01/2018 at 2:28 AM, beautifulanddamned said:

I guess I had just been assuming that Izzy wanted to do a full on reunion and split the loot equally for the Coachella and Vegas shows only. Those shows were completely separate in a business sense from the NITL shows, right? And it seems like it was at least considered what with Adler's known involvement in rehearsals. I figured some of the business people behind the scenes pointed out that it wouldn't look good to do a full on Appetite 5 reunion for four concerts and then try to sell very expensive tickets to shows that would  only include 3/5 of them most of the time (because no one wanted to put up with Adler for years and Izzy wasn't up for that kind of time commitment). So they backtracked and offered Izzy and Adler guest spots at random shows only, including one or two of those first shows for small fees. Easy to believe that Izzy would have gladly done 4 shows for a few million dollars and then flittered in and out of the tour at his leisure. He was quite obviously pissed he didn't have the opportunity to do so.

this makes a bit of sense but my guess is that Izzy wanted in for the whole damn thing

why wouldnt he?

you see, its pretty easy to tour like they are doing now. its all professional, no delays, no bullshit, no riots, and they have enough money to travel like kings

axl is the one who obviously has a harder time because he is the singer and he needs to take care of his voice

other than that, id say its all so easy, even for axl, specially comparing to what they went through when they were younger and touring in much harder conditions

seriously, this is a huge tour and touring like that these days is just as smooth as it can be

Old farts like me who started with AFD do not love to see Izzy and Steven apart, no one, nothing can change this. I been to Londons last year, and will go to a couple of more this year, but this threeunion is like masturbation, not the glorious juicy sex. Sometimes I even think Axl Dc is far more interesting for me than this current tour. I even dream about a Rose Queen shit :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 13/01/2018 at 1:33 AM, Modano09 said:

he sees an album as them just throwing down basic tracks and getting it out

do you really think thats how Izzy sees things and how, for example, Appetite and GNR Lies were made?

have you ever considered that Izzy did that because of other reasons other than "he sees an album as them just throwing down basic tracks and getting it out"

Do you know so little about GNR that you ignore that Izzy was purposely/wittingly/intentionally/deliberately/knowingly alienating himself from the band back them because he was sick and tired of the band at that point?

Do you know so little about GNR that you ignore that the band had the bulk of the songs written and rehearsed ad nauseum at the time the illusion albums were recorded?

Do you ignore that the band had booked studios and tried to record that album at least 2 times before the actual illusion sessions took place?

Have you ever considered that this -- and many other reasons -- may have been the reason for izzy recording his parts and leaving?

and not because "he sees an album as them just throwing down basic tracks and getting it out"?

FFS

Edited by ludurigan
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

you see, its pretty easy to tour like they are doing now. its all professional, no delays, no bullshit, no riots, and they have enough money to travel like kings

other than that, id say its all so easy, even for axl, specially comparing to what they went through when they were younger and touring in much harder conditions

seriously, this is a huge tour and touring like that these days is just as smooth as it can be

I don't think so. I mean, I don't know how it is to travel the world like that, staying in fancy hotels and travelling in business class, but it's still travelling. Nothing beats the comfort of your own bed. There's a great interview with Flea where he talks about all of this... sure, they have luxury now and travel in style, especially compared to back in the day, but it's still being out on the road and the older you get, the harder it will be. 

I'm not sure what this thread is about anymore, but I'm not going to pretend that I know why Izzy isn't part of this, for a lack of a better word, 'reunion'. But I think it's a bit silly to assume that money is the only reason simply because of one tweet. There must be a reason why he hasn't toured properly in 25 years, so it's not too far fatched to assume that he might not be interested in committing and doing this for two years, or even longer.

• Like 2

On 13/01/2018 at 3:27 AM, Powderfinger said:

What’s the back story on Izzy selling his Partnership? I’ve seen this comment a few times in different posts, but I havent read any details. (It’s not that I don’t believe you, I’m just curious)

I do disagree with the “Izzy can’t tour” and “Izzy can’t play” He can certainly do both and did do both from 85-91. While also contributing heavily to the songwriting. The songs maketh the band. No songs = No need for a band, or a singer, otherwise you’re playing covers. 

It appears you’re correct about won’t tour and I’m undecided about won’t commit.... I don’t know the terms or lack thereof, I don’t know if he’s being a dick or getting fucked by the other 3. 

I mean, Izzy is Guns to me, his songs make up most of tunes I like best, but he also was a fucking heroin dealer.... It’s a certain kind of person who sells junk. It’s selling misery and death. (I don’t judge anyone, but that’s the reality, I’ve seen lots of it) So I can picture him possibly being cutthroat and selfish in business dealings. 

I mean, say you’re in a band during a hugely successful era. You were an integral part of that band - vocally, musically, it’s songwriting, it’s image.... You know that, (as a result of having made a career, and had an entire life setup financially) you were popular, sold shitloads, and thus had a huge fan base....

After having that life, would it fucking kill you to go out, maybe not make as much cash as you wanted to, but do it partly for the people who appreciate your talent and part in that band... I mean fuck it like, do 5 shows, do 1 even! Give the people what they want. It might even be fun for a few gigs and then piss off into the sunset.... Avacados don’t change man, you won’t miss anything 😂

So I’m undecided about his motives, despite the fact I think he was the spirit of Guns.... 

i dont know much about this partnership thing

i guess axl and slash and duff "own" guns n roses name, rights, so its likely that all money from merch, t-shirts, and whatnot is theirs

i think its fair to believe that izzy wasnt referring to any of that when he said that they didnt wanna split the loot equally

i think its fair to believe that izzy was referring to money from ticket sales

i think it would be fair to split the money from ticket sales equally and i think thats what izzy asked for

===

it appears to me that the big 3 axl, slash and duff dont want to deal with izzy for several reasons

one seems to be obviously the money

but i suppose its way more than that

slash is likely the one who really doesnt want to deal with izzy, since he never wanted to deal with izzy from day one. its much easier for slash to deal with a yes-man session musician. i believe slash campaigned for matt as the rumours indicated but i dont think slash campaigned for izzy for one minute, or did it so half-heartedly that its like he never did

duff, if you ask me, would do whatever it takes to get this tour going. so if what it takes to do this tour is NOT having izzy and steven, it seems to me that duff would go for that! if what it took to have this tour is to have izzy and steven, it seems to me that he would do it as well

axl also must have several reasons not to be willing to deal with izzy.

too many to list

power and control obviously come to mind

izzy would likely challenge some of the axl shots. the yes-men axl has surrounded himself with would never ever do that

i truly suspect that one of the biggest reasons axl wont ever do a GNR reunion is that he would be too EXPOSED and he obviously doesnt want that.

Izzy, Slash, Duff and Steven would sound TOO GOOD and Axl would NOT, so he would be completely exposed as the weak link in the band.

Having the shittiest drummer ever, a grooveless guitar player and 2 keyboarders is the best possible DISTRACTION for Axl onstage.

All of a sudden we are not noticing how much Axl voice is fucked. We are all complaining about Franky, Ricky and these DISTRACTIONS Axl has onstage, and we are all sorta forgetting about how much Axl is unlistenable on several songs these days

===

I think izzy would easily commit to a 2 or 3 years world tour. like some people mentioned before, this is likely the easiest tour EVER, specially when compared to previous tours that all these guys have been involved with...

===

yeah the heroin dealer thing... i think all five of the guys have pretty nasty stuff on their past including drugs, abusing women etc.... It’s a certain kind of person who sells junk, it's a certain kind of person who beats women etc etc etc

you are possibly correct about Izzy possibly being cutthroat and selfish in business dealings but i dont see any reason to believe axl and slash and duff -- who went to business schools -- are not very similar or just the same

===

the thing about doing just one show, or five shows, like someone mentioned previously on this thread, is that it would be extra hard to sell the G&A show after 1 or five G&R shows

people all over the world would want to have G&R and not G&A so that would not be a smart business decision, right?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

i dont know much about this partnership thing

i guess axl and slash and duff "own" guns n roses name, rights, so its likely that all money from merch, t-shirts, and whatnot is theirs

i think its fair to believe that izzy wasnt referring to any of that when he said that they didnt wanna split the loot equally

i think its fair to believe that izzy was referring to money from ticket sales

i think it would be fair to split the money from ticket sales equally and i think thats what izzy asked for

===

it appears to me that the big 3 axl, slash and duff dont want to deal with izzy for several reasons

one seems to be obviously the money

but i suppose its way more than that

slash is likely the one who really doesnt want to deal with izzy, since he never wanted to deal with izzy from day one. its much easier for slash to deal with a yes-man session musician. i believe slash campaigned for matt as the rumours indicated but i dont think slash campaigned for izzy for one minute, or did it so half-heartedly that its like he never did

duff, if you ask me, would do whatever it takes to get this tour going. so if what it takes to do this tour is NOT having izzy and steven, it seems to me that duff would go for that! if what it took to have this tour is to have izzy and steven, it seems to me that he would do it as well

too many to list

izzy would likely challenge some of the axl shots. the yes-men axl has surrounded himself with would never ever do that

i truly suspect that one of the biggest reasons axl wont ever do a GNR reunion is that he would be too EXPOSED and he obviously doesnt want that.

Izzy, Slash, Duff and Steven would sound TOO GOOD and Axl would NOT, so he would be completely exposed as the weak link in the band.

Having the shittiest drummer ever, a grooveless guitar player and 2 keyboarders is the best possible DISTRACTION for Axl onstage.

All of a sudden we are not noticing how much Axl voice is fucked. We are all complaining about Franky, Ricky and these DISTRACTIONS Axl has onstage, and we are all sorta forgetting about how much Axl is unlistenable on several songs these days

===

I think izzy would easily commit to a 2 or 3 years world tour. like some people mentioned before, this is likely the easiest tour EVER, specially when compared to previous tours that all these guys have been involved with...

===

yeah the heroin dealer thing... i think all five of the guys have pretty nasty stuff on their past including drugs, abusing women etc.... It’s a certain kind of person who sells junk, it's a certain kind of person who beats women etc etc etc

you are possibly correct about Izzy possibly being cutthroat and selfish in business dealings but i dont see any reason to believe axl and slash and duff -- who went to business schools -- are not very similar or just the same

===

the thing about doing just one show, or five shows, like someone mentioned previously on this thread, is that it would be extra hard to sell the G&A show after 1 or five G&R shows

people all over the world would want to have G&R and not G&A so that would not be a smart business decision, right?

Might not agree on every point, but in general sounds about right. At least that's the impression we could get as outsiders based on the infomation we have and not privvy to every single internal information.

15 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I don't think so. I mean, I don't know how it is to travel the world like that, staying in fancy hotels and travelling in business class, but it's still travelling. Nothing beats the comfort of your own bed. There's a great interview with Flea where he talks about all of this... sure, they have luxury now and travel in style, especially compared to back in the day, but it's still being out on the road and the older you get, the harder it will be. 

I'm not sure what this thread is about anymore, but I'm not going to pretend that I know why Izzy isn't part of this, for a lack of a better word, 'reunion'. But I think it's a bit silly to assume that money is the only reason simply because of one tweet. There must be a reason why he hasn't toured properly in 25 years, so it's not too far fatched to assume that he might not be interested in committing and doing this for two years, or even longer.

of course its not all fun and games

if my memory is not playing games on me, izzy mentioned something like how great it was the rush he had (how he felt great) to be onstage again when he joined GNR axls band in the previous tours

flea, on the other side, has been touring nonstop for what, 30-some years? i suppose it is much harder for him to embark on a 1-2 years world tour in 2016 ("oh shit, here we go again") than it would be for someone like izzy ("wow, this could be fun").

I dont think izzy would feel that tired (or jaded or bored) as flea because it would all be somehow "fresh" and "new" to him at this point

i agree with you, none of us know why izzy isnt part of this tour and i agree with you that money most likely isnt the only (or the main) reason

but i suppose it has nothing to do with izzy not touring in the last 25 years.

and it has everything to do with Axl and Slash not willing to deal with izzy

1 hour ago, ludurigan said:

did you know that if it wasn't for that particular guy Izzy Stradlin songs like Sweet Child o' Mine, Patience, Mr. Brownstone and MANY more wouldn't even EXIST?

have you ever considered that if it wasn't for this guy Izzy pretty much all the GNR songs -- except for one or two or three -- would most likely not exist in the shape and form that they do?

have you ever considered that Izzy wants equal loot because he considers that he did as much for that band as any of the other five guys?

Did you know that this big money that they are doing on this tour is because Slash is back with Axl on stage and not just because the songs? The money these old songs could make was already made a long time ago after AFD and Illusions tours...Now what is attracting all this money is the possibility of seeing Slash back to Guns N'Roses. That's what's selling tickets, not the songs themselves. Do you believe that if you changed Slash to Izzy this tour would be equally successful?

12 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

too many to list

Well, it looks like someone else besides Axl does not like dealing with power sharing...From a Izzy´s interview..Not guessing over here:

"Before you spoke of the process of composition in Guns N' Roses. Since then, Slash became an icon, thanks to his attitude, his image and his style as a guitarist. Nevertheless, we who followed GN'R from the beginning, know that you were one of the main composers of the band. How would you describe the way you worked with Axl and Slash in those years? 

Izzy: “There was a chemistry there that worked well. Sometimes, our way of work was slow and difficult, if I compare it to what I do now, but the main thing was that the results were very good. Now, everything is easier for me. It’s much simpler to write for my band. Now I don’t have to discuss it with two other people whenever I write something." "