Gardening

Gracii Guns

We finished work at DJ's.  Sent you a picture.  Need a little mulch but we're done.  Planted a few purple cones.  It's coming along.

Jan's confiscated 3 so far on her property.  She lives way out in the country.  Probably hunters.

Haven't written in a while.  It's time for a new chapter.

And they got busted.  One violation of taking off your mask getting into your car and turning around getting engaged in a conversation.  And then the repair guy forgot to call first and just showed up so the office didn't know what was going on and feels they should have been informed.  Gardening should not be this much of a headache. :lol:

You sure you want to support my continuing to be the overall lead?  You get in on a lot of drama.  You may never want to be a Tiger Mama Soon.

Ouch, took me a half hour to get the splinter out of my palm and still don't think I have it all.

Because of the weather this year our bug population is way up.  They are giving the mosquito report.  Let me tell you they are out in numbers and hungry!  

Edited by cineater

17 hours ago, cineater said:

We finished work at DJ's.  Sent you a picture.  Need a little mulch but we're done.  Planted a few purple cones.  It's coming along.

Jan's confiscated 3 so far on her property.  She lives way out in the country.  Probably hunters.

Haven't written in a while.  It's time for a new chapter.

DJ native bed is coming along great! Looks awesome. And I love the windmill and the borders too!

Still creepy about those cameras, but at least theres that explination.

I listen to a program called "the next chapter" which is intervews with authors. They even do that Pruste Questionaire thing. Id love to hear you on that one day!

14 hours ago, cineater said:

And they got busted.  One violation of taking off your mask getting into your car and turning around getting engaged in a conversation.  And then the repair guy forgot to call first and just showed up so the office didn't know what was going on and feels they should have been informed.  Gardening should not be this much of a headache. :lol:

You sure you want to support my continuing to be the overall lead?  You get in on a lot of drama.  You may never want to be a Tiger Mama Soon.

Ouch, took me a half hour to get the splinter out of my palm and still don't think I have it all.

Because of the weather this year our bug population is way up.  They are giving the mosquito report.  Let me tell you they are out in numbers and hungry!  

It really can be quite the headache. :lol: I liked when you were saying that youd stillo be able to get your ideas doen even if you werent lead. So do that maybe?

I hate splinters!!!

That sucks about the bugs! Come to think of it, I dont think Ive encountered a single mosquito this year. How is your spider bite?

I finally got on teh phone to see whats the hold up on my Orta. Dude was like "Oh yeah, man, I think I remember shipping your package. A man in Canada. Must have been yours.... I dont know, maybe a week or a month ago?" :lol: Everywhere I go its hippies and they will be the end of me!! lol

The bite is mostly gone.  Yeah, Jerry commented he couldn't tolerate the deadheads. :lol:  Even druggies get tired of dealing with druggies.

I offered to step aside if somebody else wanted the lead job.  No takers.  Nobody even stepped up to be co lead.  Marsha though has been quite impressed with my leadership skills although I've been on her side with the recent issues and I say it better than she does.

Goal today is to get some of plants back in here.  The kid needs my help.  We'll see if I get Florida Covid.  DJ won't want anything to do with me for the next two weeks because I didn't stay away from the kid.  That's not a bad thing.  My hands are sore from working her yard.  Should have wore my gloves.

56 minutes ago, cineater said:

The bite is mostly gone.  Yeah, Jerry commented he couldn't tolerate the deadheads. :lol:  Even druggies get tired of dealing with druggies.

I offered to step aside if somebody else wanted the lead job.  No takers.  Nobody even stepped up to be co lead.  Marsha though has been quite impressed with my leadership skills although I've been on her side with the recent issues and I say it better than she does.

Goal today is to get some of plants back in here.  The kid needs my help.  We'll see if I get Florida Covid.  DJ won't want anything to do with me for the next two weeks because I didn't stay away from the kid.  That's not a bad thing.  My hands are sore from working her yard.  Should have wore my gloves.

I was thinking, Im not sure that confirming my order needs to be guess work.... :lol:

You and Marsha make a good team. Can she be colead, or is she already a lead?

I made bread and macaroons with cricket flour yesterday. My earlier soda crackers were a bust. Im gonna try a new cracker recipe today. Its just chia and water, plus any desired seasoning. We were just talking about chia - Ill send you the video recipe.

I wonder how many times us gardneres have said that very phrase "my hands hurt, I should have wore my gloves" :lol: Im good for at least 20 times, myself!

1 hour ago, soon said:

I was thinking, Im not sure that confirming my order needs to be guess work.... :lol:

You and Marsha make a good team. Can she be colead, or is she already a lead?

I made bread and macaroons with cricket flour yesterday. My earlier soda crackers were a bust. Im gonna try a new cracker recipe today. Its just chia and water, plus any desired seasoning. We were just talking about chia - Ill send you the video recipe.

I wonder how many times us gardneres have said that very phrase "my hands hurt, I should have wore my gloves" :lol: Im good for at least 20 times, myself!

Goes along with the phrase, why did I set down my pruners. :lol:  Still trying to figure out if I got all the splinter out.  Looks like just a blister but it's kind of red.

No cricket powder for me!

Marsha is lead over the plant sale.  She would like to be overall lead someday but nobody is taking the plant sale lead anytime soon.  We help each other out.

Waiting on the kid so we can go do her stuff.  Mike's been complaining crickets are getting in his house and the noise is making him nuts.  Last night I opened the door and one hoped in.  Tracked his ass down quick!  Not having that.

1 hour ago, cineater said:

Goes along with the phrase, why did I set down my pruners. :lol:  Still trying to figure out if I got all the splinter out.  Looks like just a blister but it's kind of red.

No cricket powder for me!

Marsha is lead over the plant sale.  She would like to be overall lead someday but nobody is taking the plant sale lead anytime soon.  We help each other out.

Waiting on the kid so we can go do her stuff.  Mike's been complaining crickets are getting in his house and the noise is making him nuts.  Last night I opened the door and one hoped in.  Tracked his ass down quick!  Not having that.

Definitely goes with that phrase :lol:

Cocoa powder completely covers the flavour of the cricket flour! Only thing is that I added it to increase the protein per cookie. But I need to remove other ingredients to make room for it. But heres the thing, I swapped out some of the oats for the flour. But I didnt anticipate how many more cookies are made as a result of that swap. So, Id intended to make 8 -10 high protein cookies. But I ended up with 16 cookies that have 6.5g of protein, up from 3g in original recipe. But im enjoying the process. Im about to pull my first batch of chia crackers. I mixed in a store bought "Moroccan Seasoning." Look and smell great so far!! Super easy process.

Crickets in the house would drive me mad too! Theyd be coated and chocolate and in my tummy before they knew what hit em! :lol:

Hope you and Karen have a nice time. Stay safe :) 

Protein cookies sound good FOR you. 

Damn that M-I-L tongue has gotten so big I almost couldn't carry ut unto the house.  It needs dividing but all my pots for it are currently being used.  Got the jade tree in along with the peace lily.  They grew too.  Got my workout in.  The rest can stay out for a while longer.

Did have a nice time with my daughter.  We got her shower invitations out.  Said they got the shit scared out of them crossing a bridge over a lake with the storm.  The bridge was closed shortly there after.

Paul wants us to come over and pick apples.  Not really up to making apple cider this year.

I got my Dead in the Desert shirt!

Edited by cineater

https://www.hoopladigital.com/  This is another free service if you have a library card.  Says some of the Canadian libraries offer this service.  "hoopla is a groundbreaking digital media service offered by your local public library that allows you to borrow movies, music, audiobooks, ebooks, comics"  I get 10 per month.  I was looking at it for audio books but they do have a rather large collection of Grateful Dead and Jerry Garcia albums.  And yes they have all the GNR albums.

13 hours ago, cineater said:

Damn that M-I-L tongue has gotten so big I almost couldn't carry ut unto the house.

I honestly thought I was about to hear that you and Caleb had an argument! :lol:

14 hours ago, cineater said:

Protein cookies sound good FOR you. 

Damn that M-I-L tongue has gotten so big I almost couldn't carry ut unto the house.  It needs dividing but all my pots for it are currently being used.  Got the jade tree in along with the peace lily.  They grew too.  Got my workout in.  The rest can stay out for a while longer.

Did have a nice time with my daughter.  We got her shower invitations out.  Said they got the shit scared out of them crossing a bridge over a lake with the storm.  The bridge was closed shortly there after.

Paul wants us to come over and pick apples.  Not really up to making apple cider this year.

I got my Dead in the Desert shirt!

I can only seem to keep my MIL tongue going until they need dividing and then I accidentlly kill them or they smother themselves.

Thats exciting about getting the invitations out! Next June if Im not mistaken?

I probably woudnt feel like goin gfor the apples this year either. But if they were brought to me on the other hand  - Im loving the kitchen! Those chia crackers are great!

Yay Dead Shirt!!

10 hours ago, cineater said:

https://www.hoopladigital.com/ This is another free service if you have a library card.  Says some of the Canadian libraries offer this service.  "hoopla is a groundbreaking digital media service offered by your local public library that allows you to borrow movies, music, audiobooks, ebooks, comics"  I get 10 per month.  I was looking at it for audio books but they do have a rather large collection of Grateful Dead and Jerry Garcia albums.  And yes they have all the GNR albums.

Very cool - Im gonna look into this! Thanks!

Im still really digging JGB! So soulful, even when they arent doing Gospel. I got that ".. Harder they fall, one and all" song in my head this morning.

Did you pick some audio books?

Haven't picked a book yet.  I got a little side tracked by all the albums.  Seems to me you didn't have a library card yet.  Did you get one?  If not, you can probably get one by applying online or calling them.  Amazing what you can get through the library.

Low in the 40's tonight.  We warm back up next week but I'm going to work on getting the hanging baskets in.  I'm working the Monarch fair tomorrow for a few hours.  Looking forward to roaming around and seeing what everybody has.

That song gets stuck in my head too.

36 minutes ago, cineater said:

Haven't picked a book yet.  I got a little side tracked by all the albums.  Seems to me you didn't have a library card yet.  Did you get one?  If not, you can probably get one by applying online or calling them.  Amazing what you can get through the library.

Low in the 40's tonight.  We warm back up next week but I'm going to work on getting the hanging baskets in.  I'm working the Monarch fair tomorrow for a few hours.  Looking forward to roaming around and seeing what everybody has.

That song gets stuck in my head too.

That could describe my entire life, "I was gonna do __________, but I got distracted by the Grateful Dead" :lol: Well, that and Star Wars audiobooks.

You are remembering correctly about my card. But i have one, its just that its only authorized for online use, because I didnt have ID when I went to renew it. That was to use the computers there. But Im confident it should work for this online function as well! Hopefully! Gonna try this afternoon/evening!

Even in the southern region of the province autumn is here to stay it seems.

Monarch festival sounds awesome!!!

Beaker has summoned me to the grow room and eagerly dug up the pots in front of me. I really gotta get my ass in gear! More bread baking currently, then croutons. I should be able to squeeze gardening in. We'll see.

It's time to get the house plants in here.  The squirrels are busy burying their acorns and looking at my pots as easy ground only to be digging up my plants next year.

So I left you hanging on where the story is going.  A group of us has slipped away from the bigger group.  We're coming down out of the mountains, off the rock, we've lived on for so long and headed for the prairies, more fertile ground.  You are looking after Triump.  He's an old work horse, featured more in earlier works.  We still love him.  He's a clydesdale.  Axl still remains incognito from the group.  He's gone off to have a look around on the black stallion.  That horse belongs to someone else I care a lot about.  He's been gone along time and appears to have abandon his horse a while ago.  Axl's going to keep an eye out for him but he has another reason he's going off.  The horse seems to be okay hanging with Axl, may have come looking for him or may just be hanging around for a while.  I've been in my room where I look to the future, know it's there but turned around and walked out, preferring to stay in the present.  It wants me to come in but I didn't stay to look out one of the windows.  The chapter opens up a lot of questions.  Have to see if the story answers them.

• GNFNR 1

Okay, they're in.  I washed everybody off but I'm sure there's still bugs in them.  Boy did they grow.  I sent you an after picture of a few of them.  My house just shrank.  :lol:  They aren't real happy about being back in but we'll see how they feel in the morning after tonight's low.  I'm pretty sure they can sense what goes on outside.

The geraniums and begonias are still out.  They can take it.  Hoping the coleus take it.

My new Dead shirt is my new favorite.  Love this shirt.

Edited by cineater

18 hours ago, cineater said:

It's time to get the house plants in here.  The squirrels are busy burying their acorns and looking at my pots as easy ground only to be digging up my plants next year.

So I left you hanging on where the story is going.  A group of us has slipped away from the bigger group.  We're coming down out of the mountains, off the rock, we've lived on for so long and headed for the prairies, more fertile ground.  You are looking after Triump.  He's an old work horse, featured more in earlier works.  We still love him.  He's a clydesdale.  Axl still remains incognito from the group.  He's gone off to have a look around on the black stallion.  That horse belongs to someone else I care a lot about.  He's been gone along time and appears to have abandon his horse a while ago.  Axl's going to keep an eye out for him but he has another reason he's going off.  The horse seems to be okay hanging with Axl, may have come looking for him or may just be hanging around for a while.  I've been in my room where I look to the future, know it's there but turned around and walked out, preferring to stay in the present.  It wants me to come in but I didn't stay to look out one of the windows.  The chapter opens up a lot of questions.  Have to see if the story answers them.

Its so cold here and the heats not turned on yet! I should grow peas and cabbage, its that cold!

I love this story. And I ADORE my role in it! I associate clydsdales with my Grampa, in fact. I have a painting of one in memory of him. So thats really neat. SO many interesting questions!

Thank you for catchign me up!

15 hours ago, cineater said:

Okay, they're in.  I washed everybody off but I'm sure there's still bugs in them.  Boy did they grow.  I sent you an after picture of a few of them.  My house just shrank.  :lol:  They aren't real happy about being back in but we'll see how they feel in the morning after tonight's low.  I'm pretty sure they can sense what goes on outside.

The geraniums and begonias are still out.  They can take it.  Hoping the coleus take it.

My new Dead shirt is my new favorite.  Love this shirt.

That pic! Youve got new housemates!! lol Wow, theyre huge! How are they feeling this morning?

Im so hapy that you love your new shirt - especially afte forgetting the design!

Im just making morning coffee and I accidentally snorted some powdered ashwaghanda :lol: When I made my macaroons I accidentally snorted a mix of cocao and cricket flower too... That actually hurt! lol

Our local authorities announced yesterday that we are officially in the second wave here, due to the idiots. Its gonna be a long and lonely winter.

I think the plants are wondering why I haven't kicked on the heat. :lol:  Really wish that cats would quit going in and out.  Lily has already walked through the one spider plant.  She lays in that plant all winter.  I can tell Simone is spending more time in the house.  I'm filling up the cat bowl daily.

Trying to get my coffee in too.  I'm due at the monarch festival.  My hair is down off the top of my head.  People don't recognize me when I do that. :lol:  I have several people who want to meet me up there.  Lets see if they can find me.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, cineater said:

I think the plants are wondering why I haven't kicked on the heat. :lol:  Really wish that cats would quit going in and out.  Lily has already walked through the one spider plant.  She lays in that plant all winter.  I can tell Simone is spending more time in the house.  I'm filling up the cat bowl daily.

Trying to get my coffee in too.  I'm due at the monarch festival.  My hair is down off the top of my head.  People don't recognize me when I do that. :lol:  I have several people who want to meet me up there.  Lets see if they can find me.

I think If Id started my indoor garden, my plants would be wondering the same :lol:

Masked with hair down, no one will know its you! :lol: Some people I know say they recognize me best when Im in a mask! :lol:

Wish I was going to a monarch festival. Enjoy!

4 hours ago, soon said:

I think If Id started my indoor garden, my plants would be wondering the same :lol:

Masked with hair down, no one will know its you! :lol: Some people I know say they recognize me best when Im in a mask! :lol:

Wish I was going to a monarch festival. Enjoy!

Did see a guy grew lettuce in jars of water.  That's a cool idea.  Most of it was a farmer's market.  Our table had monarchs in a cage people were raising.  Got to show the kids caterpillars, crystalists and the butterfly.  At the end I got to release a butterfly. Nice day to be outside.

1 hour ago, cineater said:

Did see a guy grew lettuce in jars of water.  That's a cool idea.  Most of it was a farmer's market.  Our table had monarchs in a cage people were raising.  Got to show the kids caterpillars, crystalists and the butterfly.  At the end I got to release a butterfly. Nice day to be outside.

Cool! How'd the lettuce thing work? Im guessing its like the 'regrow carrots and scallion' trick maybe? Where the root ends are held in the water, ususally using toothpicks to hold them in place? Stuff like that is so fun!

Sounds great for the kids! Glad you had a good time!

Ive cleaned up and organized my grow room and decided on what Ill be planting.

Didn't want to steal his lettuce idea in front of his face so I thought I would google it later. :lol:

Went up to the garden and got the hand mowing done.  Started on the trimming and we're out of the gas mix.  Done for the day.

Trying to get my Tom Sawyer on and white wash my fence this week.

That's interesting you have a clydesdale connection.

12 hours ago, cineater said:

Didn't want to steal his lettuce idea in front of his face so I thought I would google it later. :lol:

Went up to the garden and got the hand mowing done.  Started on the trimming and we're out of the gas mix.  Done for the day.

Trying to get my Tom Sawyer on and white wash my fence this week.

That's interesting you have a clydesdale connection.

Ill be curious to know about this jar lettuce! Might need to try it out! Ive got lettuce seeds and jars!

I know that Tom Sawyer reference!! hehe Its badass how busy you are.

Yeah its pretty neat about the clydsdale!

Im all set to sow my indoor garden today! Ive got some spinach seeds. I have it in mind that they wouldnt grow inside without some more heavy duty lighting. Any thoughts?

Im doing,

Comfrey, Lambs ear, Thyme, Holy Basil, Anise Hyssop, Dill, Sage, Lovage, Stiniging Nettle, Maybe Lettuce in a jar, and of course chives for my boss.

And when my Orta arrives one day I will focous on spicy microgreens like mustard and radish!!!

The lettuce in a jar is hydroponics.  That shit is expensive.  But I'm wondering if you couldn't start the plant in a peat pot and then use the toothpick method in some diluted fertilizer water.  I would think you could do spinach under your lights.

Marsha keeps talking about doing our plant sale off property.  There is no way I want to haul 6000 plants somewhere else and haul what's left after the sale back.  We need a vaccine now, lol.

Thanks for reminding me about the chives.  Mine are blooming and I've got to get those seed heads off of there.  They are really good spreaders.

I'm going to see if I can strip some of that paint off with the power washer.  This is going to take me all week just to get ready to paint.  Unfortunately we have a dry week ahead of us.  I'm looking for week when I can put grass seed out.  I'm not going much into October before I do it.  I suddenly got very busy.

45 minutes ago, cineater said:

The lettuce in a jar is hydroponics.  That shit is expensive.  But I'm wondering if you couldn't start the plant in a peat pot and then use the toothpick method in some diluted fertilizer water.  I would think you could do spinach under your lights.

Marsha keeps talking about doing our plant sale off property.  There is no way I want to haul 6000 plants somewhere else and haul what's left after the sale back.  We need a vaccine now, lol.

Thanks for reminding me about the chives.  Mine are blooming and I've got to get those seed heads off of there.  They are really good spreaders.

I'm going to see if I can strip some of that paint off with the power washer.  This is going to take me all week just to get ready to paint.  Unfortunately we have a dry week ahead of us.  I'm looking for week when I can put grass seed out.  I'm not going much into October before I do it.  I suddenly got very busy.

I bet that could work with some dilluted fertilizer. Or once I get the worm farm going, maybe worm tea. Cool!

I dont think I can bear watchign another two week marathon plant sale with purchases happening at midnight! So I cant even imgine what that would be for you to actually do it! :lol:

Oh, while Im gald you mentioned that about chives, my garlic chives have seed heads. I dont want any more of them. Thinking about getting rid of the one I do have - it doesnt taste great and is woody by early june.

You love you some power washer time! :headbang:

The surge is so bad here that my covid volunteer needs additional protections for themselves, while they protect me. So we've been trying to sort that out today.

Killed two more spiders!

Forgot to mention Sandy last night.  She text me over for a fire.  Her daughter is getting ready to move out.  At first she was all excited for her and putting on her tough girl response.  I tried to tell her how painful that was for me.  Your heart is breaking but you can't let your kid see it.  You can't really talk about it because you'll lose your shit and people think you're overreacting to something that's no big deal to them.  That's why she text last night.  It's hitting home.  What can I tell you, Looks Like Rain.  "It's not something you get over, it's something you get through."

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, soon said:

I bet that could work with some dilluted fertilizer. Or once I get the worm farm going, maybe worm tea. Cool!

I dont think I can bear watchign another two week marathon plant sale with purchases happening at midnight! So I cant even imgine what that would be for you to actually do it! :lol:

Oh, while Im gald you mentioned that about chives, my garlic chives have seed heads. I dont want any more of them. Thinking about getting rid of the one I do have - it doesnt taste great and is woody by early june.

You love you some power washer time! :headbang:

The surge is so bad here that my covid volunteer needs additional protections for themselves, while they protect me. So we've been trying to sort that out today.

Killed two more spiders!

Covid freak out is all but over here.  Our numbers are still going up but people aren't ending up in the hospital so they wear their masks and go about their business as usual.  We even have the adjacent county looking at having their high school sports teams play over here because their county won't allow it.

Kevin objects to killing the Hawthorn tree.  And he doesn't want me mixing up the gas for the trimer because he puts some extra stuff in there to make it last two years.  I'll just use my trimmer and let the Extension decide if they want the tee taken out.

Have to wait till it warms up a bit for my power washing bath. :lol: