Gardening

Gracii Guns

7 hours ago, soon said:

Those apple juicing machines look so cool! Did he make those?! Makes easy work.

Thanks for sending the planter pics - you hadn’t yet. Looking really sharp! I like the design. They have a nice place, too. 

Im still sick and I can’t even remember if I went to the garden on my walk! Oh dear! :lol:

Have fun!!

He probably made it.  He's an engineer.  That's the crusher.  The juicer is different.

We are done!  Caleb ordered way too much mulch and instead of a thin layer it's over filled.  But he likes it.  I think the rock may be on a long delay.  It's dyed mulch so it's going to look dried out after a while.  We finished in the dark.  I will get you a picture later.  Caleb and I work well together.  As much as one can not be freaked out by working alone with your girlfriend's mom, I think he appreciated my help.

The garden people are making me nuts.  Leslie started it by wanting to use the construction bulldozer to make more pantry beds.  Then Joe chimes in with a fucking long ass email with links to a project we should consider that he should be presenting to our education and community outreach group.  Mentioned he had a long conversation with Alex over the changes coming to what we do in the gardens.  (After we've told everybody not to talk to him.)  We're all tripping over each other not knowing what the other is doing.

Not really feeling so great myself but don't have the time to stop.  It's that change in weather and less light thing.  We are getting way colder over the weekend.  I already wussed out and turned on my heat.

Edited by cineater

12 hours ago, cineater said:

He probably made it.  He's an engineer.  That's the crusher.  The juicer is different.

We are done!  Caleb ordered way too much mulch and instead of a thin layer it's over filled.  But he likes it.  I think the rock may be on a long delay.  It's dyed mulch so it's going to look dried out after a while.  We finished in the dark.  I will get you a picture later.  Caleb and I work well together.  As much as one can not be freaked out by working alone with your girlfriend's mom, I think he appreciated my help.

The garden people are making me nuts.  Leslie started it by wanting to use the construction bulldozer to make more pantry beds.  Then Joe chimes in with a fucking long ass email with links to a project we should consider that he should be presenting to our education and community outreach group.  Mentioned he had a long conversation with Alex over the changes coming to what we do in the gardens.  (After we've told everybody not to talk to him.)  We're all tripping over each other not knowing what the other is doing.

Not really feeling so great myself but don't have the time to stop.  It's that change in weather and less light thing.  We are getting way colder over the weekend.  I already wussed out and turned on my heat.

Very cool that he made those!

It looks great! Perfect layout and design! I like the darker mulch look. Im glad it went so smoothly working together. He looks too old for your daughter. Maybe she want someone younger.... :wub::)

You MGs should be a sitcom, but maybe a comic strip! :lol:

43 minutes ago, cineater said:

The heater worked once and wouldn't go again.  Fuck!

See the pictures?  The lions came from his grandma's house.  Pretty good for finishing up in the dark.  They'll fill in with annual plants next spring.

Sucks about your heater... wuss :lol:j/k. how soon can Craig look at it?

That lion statue is cool!

Thanks for the pics - looking stellar!

@ZoSoRose mentioning growing cucumbers has given me the inspiration to make some crinkle cut bread and butter pickles! :headbang:

Fuck.  Mom saw the planter and wanted me to put some perennials in at her house.  Not showing anybody those pictures if I work in their yard!  :lol:  She did buy Caleb two more plants.  I dropped them by and you can just tell how proud he is of that project.  I have the same problem thinking my daughter is still young.  He's 4 years older than she is.

Craig is coming over after he gets off work tonight.  If he doesn't forget me.

So I kind of lost my shit with Joe over his lengthy email and multiple links, the next one is shorter writing and says if you have 20 minutes click this link.  Can I kill him? :lol:

Fuck.  Mom saw the planter and wanted me to put some perennials in at her house.  Not showing anybody those pictures if I work in their yard!  :lol:  She did buy Caleb two more plants.  I dropped them by and you can just tell how proud he is of that project.  I have the same problem thinking my daughter is still young.  He's 4 years older than she is.

Craig is coming over after he gets off work tonight.  If he doesn't forget me.

So I kind of lost my shit with Joe over his lengthy email and multiple links, the next one is shorter writing and says if you have 20 minutes click this link.  Can I kill him? :lol:

Well, at least youve already got those natives that Caleb didnt want. Now come put them in my yard :lol: Thats great that hes so proud of the work youve done together!

Was it a cold night then? My neighbours fire alarm was malfunctioning all night. And they didnt want to unplug it in case of fire. Well 1) We're all awake so we will detect the fire. 2) Your fire alarm isnt working! I have a headache. Hope Craig gets you sorted!

People with bad email etiquette drive me up the wall. So yes, Id say go for it! :lol:

I told Craig to come over today.  He had a really late night.  As long as he gets here this week I'm good.

I'm off to work in the gardens this morning.  The canna bulbs are getting dug, need to move some dirt and get the seed heads off the chives.  At least that's my to do list.  Always seem to find something else to do.  I did see those ornamental kale at the nursery center yesterday.  I can't do anything with that bed until the current lead takes it down.  She's probably not going to do that until after the first killing frost.  I may go back and get the plants anyway and put them in one of my current beds.

I need to work on my back fence.  Next on my to do list.

HMY. ORTA. ARRIVED.

:dance:

Never been so pleased to get a package in the mail! Beaker too - he can smell the dirt and seeds, which he loves!

2 hours ago, cineater said:

I told Craig to come over today.  He had a really late night.  As long as he gets here this week I'm good.

I'm off to work in the gardens this morning.  The canna bulbs are getting dug, need to move some dirt and get the seed heads off the chives.  At least that's my to do list.  Always seem to find something else to do.  I did see those ornamental kale at the nursery center yesterday.  I can't do anything with that bed until the current lead takes it down.  She's probably not going to do that until after the first killing frost.  I may go back and get the plants anyway and put them in one of my current beds.

I need to work on my back fence.  Next on my to do list.

Have fun at the garden! Youre still so busy!

What work does your back fence need?

Imma grow some gosh darn microgreens. Its gonna work this time!! Or I quit! :lol:

Will send you pics of Beaker claiming 'his' new orta lol

Edited by soon

Beaker must be all excited!  He would love if you homestead and he could be right in the middle of the gardens.

Okay, if you're bored, count up how many canna bulbs there are in that picture. :lol:  Only took 3 hours.  I need to dry them out before they go into burlap bags for winter storage.  Got the seed heads off the garlic chives and a couple of wheelbarrows of dirt moved.  The new butterfly garden is apparently loaded with seeds that come back every year!  I'm going to be pulling a lot of plants next year.

I need to paint the back fence.  It's only one panel and it doesn't need scraping!  But first I have to cut down the rose bush and trim back one of my other bushes off of it.  The white paint I'm using is so white I need to wear sunglasses to look at it from inside the house. :lol:  All ready some leaves have dropped on what I painted and there are stain marks.   That was going to happen so no big deal.

1 hour ago, cineater said:

Beaker must be all excited!  He would love if you homestead and he could be right in the middle of the gardens.

Okay, if you're bored, count up how many canna bulbs there are in that picture. :lol:  Only took 3 hours.  I need to dry them out before they go into burlap bags for winter storage.  Got the seed heads off the garlic chives and a couple of wheelbarrows of dirt moved.  The new butterfly garden is apparently loaded with seeds that come back every year!  I'm going to be pulling a lot of plants next year.

I need to paint the back fence.  It's only one panel and it doesn't need scraping!  But first I have to cut down the rose bush and trim back one of my other bushes off of it.  The white paint I'm using is so white I need to wear sunglasses to look at it from inside the house. :lol:  All ready some leaves have dropped on what I painted and there are stain marks.   That was going to happen so no big deal.

He hasnt left the Orta yet! He would love to homestead!

I'll get back to you with that canna bulb count! :lol: They are pretty - the bulbs even. Youve been busy!

Im happy to hear that the back fence doesnt need scraping!!

And now Ive just received tracking number for my worm farm :headbang::dance:What a day this tuned out to be!! The hyper-eco gardening industry remembered I existed and sent me my shit! :lol:

... I wonder if I can grow enough grass in here to keep a goat... ?? :P

Be sure to take pictures of the worm farm.  I'm excited.  You need a name for it.

Marsha and Craig came over so I didn't get any chores done.  My heater is fixed.

Forgot to mention Little Boy showed up last night and again tonight.  Haven't heard the owl in a while now.

Edited by cineater

15 hours ago, cineater said:

Be sure to take pictures of the worm farm.  I'm excited.  You need a name for it.

Marsha and Craig came over so I didn't get any chores done.  My heater is fixed.

Forgot to mention Little Boy showed up last night and again tonight.  Haven't heard the owl in a while now.

I will take pics!! Youre so right - farms need names. Hmmm.... Not sure... Breaking Down Palace? :lol: Nah, I can do better! What do you think it should be called?

I opted for a less ornate wood finish. Its the right choice as it will fit into my home and grow room much better. Like the nicest thing I own would have been a bin of decomposing food and pooping worms, lol. But I have had a few moments of doubting my decision. The one I picked is very beautiful as well.

Im so happy your heater is fixed!

Yay Little Boy! My heart sank when you gave the last owl update. Little Boy lives :headbang:

Beaker LOVED helping me set up and sow the microgreens! I especailly love when he sits in one of my wider and flatter pots - looks so funny for some reason lol

So Ive sown some radish. Dont need to water for a week. They should be ready around the same time, maybe a few more days beyond that. (Should be. In the name of all things good, please work?!?!?!?!!! :lol:)

Edited by soon

Beaker's Garden, something dedicating the farm to your garden cat.  He is the one most interested in it.

I slept till 10 today. :lol:  It's my day at home.  Dennis is at it again.  He admitted he has to watch that he's not  working in my yard.  Yeah but you are still planting right on the property line!  And he keeps planting full sun plants in shade.

Del sent me a link on garden management. :lol:  Add that to Joe's new found interest in the club management.  My fault again as I started these issues.  Glad to see they are interested but fall just hit and I'm busy!  I hate having emails sitting in my inbox that I can't get to.

Beaker's Garden, something dedicating the farm to your garden cat.  He is the one most interested in it.

I slept till 10 today. :lol:  It's my day at home.  Dennis is at it again.  He admitted he has to watch that he's not  working in my yard.  Yeah but you are still planting right on the property line!  And he keeps planting full sun plants in shade.

Del sent me a link on garden management. :lol:  Add that to Joe's new found interest in the club management.  My fault again as I started these issues.  Glad to see they are interested but fall just hit and I'm busy!  I hate having emails sitting in my inbox that I can't get to.

I like it "Beakers Garden" Or Beakers Farm. Where he rules over all his worm subjects!

Nice to have a sleep in! And sounds like you need all the rest you can get to be up for contending with the Denis's of teh world :lol:

You should send Del an article on being managed. Perhaps "How to be managed by a women: a guide for undoing dinosaur world views" :lol:

Beautfiul day here. On my walk I came upon a bunch of cops with vehicles and lights flashing. It was then that I realized I was in black boots, black pants and black hoodie. With a mask with a respirator on it. Never been dressed this way, looking like I should be in Portland, just standing next to fuzz :lol:

Slow cooking two chickens. Just sauteed some orange pepper. About the cut up some 'Shreduce' and tomato for sandwiches and burgers.

• Haha 1

I like Beaker's Farm.  Forgot, it's Simone's birth month.  Treats tonight!  She's 2.

There was a little scraping but it's ready to paint.  Susan said to paint it pale pink.  I think I need to check her narcotic supply from the kidney stone procedure. :lol:

I like Beaker's Farm.  Forgot, it's Simone's birth month.  Treats tonight!  She's 2.

There was a little scraping but it's ready to paint.  Susan said to paint it pale pink.  I think I need to check her narcotic supply from the kidney stone procedure. :lol:

Happy Birth Month, Simone! Shes so precious.

That reminds me - Its Beakers too! :lol:

Ha Susan! Well, I could see a pale pink fence in a folk art piece. Painted on a cookie tin or something. I'll take some of what shes having :lol:

I'm doing good at getting the chores around the house done.  Got myself a yellow mum.  Can't call it fall if you don't have a mum.  It's a rule.

Lily is a fall litter too.  We celebrate her on November 1.  Simone is wondering what all the attention is for.

I'm doing good at getting the chores around the house done.  Got myself a yellow mum.  Can't call it fall if you don't have a mum.  It's a rule.

Lily is a fall litter too.  We celebrate her on November 1.  Simone is wondering what all the attention is for.

I didn’t know that rule! But fall happened none the less lol I cooked up a storm yesterday. More today with pasta salad and chicken tetrazzini 

i was mistaken - Beaker was born in August. He came home with me in October. Someone deserves all the special attention!

Adoption day is an important day to.  You both get to celebrate.  Maybe some extra play and snuggle time.

Had to get a weather strip for the bottom of my door.  They now make a special one with a bug repellent built in.  I didn't get it as I don't have a problem with that but it's an interesting idea.  I wonder if it's pet friendly.  Might look at it the next time as a deterrent to Lily.  She freaks out about getting back in the house and destroys the weather stripping on my back door.

I haven't cooked in a while.  I'm living off sandwiches and finger foods.

Those cannas are drying on the driveway.  I have to have the most interesting driveway on the block. :lol:  Wonder if somebody will come over and want to buy some.

Waiting for it to warm up to paint.  I have on my holy jeans. :lol:  I'll send you a pic.  I should have cut these off to shorts years ago.

50 minutes ago, cineater said:

Adoption day is an important day to.  You both get to celebrate.  Maybe some extra play and snuggle time.

Had to get a weather strip for the bottom of my door.  They now make a special one with a bug repellent built in.  I didn't get it as I don't have a problem with that but it's an interesting idea.  I wonder if it's pet friendly.  Might look at it the next time as a deterrent to Lily.  She freaks out about getting back in the house and destroys the weather stripping on my back door.

I haven't cooked in a while.  I'm living off sandwiches and finger foods.

Those cannas are drying on the driveway.  I have to have the most interesting driveway on the block. :lol:  Wonder if somebody will come over and want to buy some.

Waiting for it to warm up to paint.  I have on my holy jeans. :lol:  I'll send you a pic.  I should have cut these off to shorts years ago.

Yeah, that will be nice for adoption day. maybe let him play around with some bean pods too!

Ill have to check out that weather strip too. Haha, Lily the destroyer!

I made a homemade Big Mac for breakfast :lol:

Someone might want to buy some canna bulbs. Someone else might want to leave you some more of them! lol

My raggedy work jeans are stranded in my tool shed at the big garden! Send that pic! :lol:

Already seeing so e germination in my orta! Ive got passed this stage in my other efforts though, so Im not letting myself get too excited just yet.

The fence is done!  I'll spray paint the lattice next week and then I can put my little white lights back up.  So miss those.

I can go through some knees in a pair of jeans. :lol:

Marsha is on a toot.  The head of the extension counsel told somebody in our group we had to stay on property.  Marsha took that to mean we had to take whatever shit they dished out about the gardens.  She's sending a complaint to one of the board members. :lol:  Truthfully, they can dish out whatever they want but they can't make me do anything.  We want to have our gardens and stay on property.  Want everybody to be happy but we are going to do it our way at the end of the day.

Opened the cat shelter.  At some point it got moisture in it.  Threw it out.  I'll just crack the garage door if a feral cat needs shelter.

59 minutes ago, cineater said:

The fence is done!  I'll spray paint the lattice next week and then I can put my little white lights back up.  So miss those.

I can go through some knees in a pair of jeans. :lol:

Marsha is on a toot.  The head of the extension counsel told somebody in our group we had to stay on property.  Marsha took that to mean we had to take whatever shit they dished out about the gardens.  She's sending a complaint to one of the board members. :lol:  Truthfully, they can dish out whatever they want but they can't make me do anything.  We want to have our gardens and stay on property.  Want everybody to be happy but we are going to do it our way at the end of the day.

Opened the cat shelter.  At some point it got moisture in it.  Threw it out.  I'll just crack the garage door if a feral cat needs shelter.

Youre kicking ass in your yard!

Did you send the pic?!?! :lol:

I wouldnt wanna be the person that Marshas not happy with!! lol

Those ferals are so blessed to have you!

I have a new mask that is firm and makes me look more like a cats face - its kind of domed and has a ventilator right where the nose and mouth would be. Beaker meows at me as soon as I put it on and wants to nestle faces :lol:

I wish you weren't in such a high risk group needing that mask.  I look at my mask more as away to hide my falling face and failing teeth. :lol:

Yeah I would not want to be the person to piss off Marsha. :lol:  She does though get pissed off easily.  She likes me because I can bring her back down.  You know, when she can admit she needs to calm the fuck down.

The more time I spend at home, the more I want to be here.  When I get to the gardens, I like it there but there's no place like home.

10 hours ago, cineater said:

I wish you weren't in such a high risk group needing that mask.  I look at my mask more as away to hide my falling face and failing teeth. :lol:

Yeah I would not want to be the person to piss off Marsha. :lol:  She does though get pissed off easily.  She likes me because I can bring her back down.  You know, when she can admit she needs to calm the fuck down.

The more time I spend at home, the more I want to be here.  When I get to the gardens, I like it there but there's no place like home.

Masks are a relief for my imperfect teeth too! :lol:

What happened in response to Marsha? Did she win?

Maybe its to do with the time of year - wanting to be home? Im super excited to begin day 3 of making meals for the freezer. Cant wait until theres microgreen with every meal!

Are your canna bulbs dried out?