Gardening

Gracii Guns

The Marsha thing will take a while to filter through the group.  The difference between home and the garden is shade.  The garden is full sun all the time and there is no where to sit.  Plus I've got the cats.  It's nicer at my place.

My friend tells me Vanessa is posting a lot of stuff on instagram.  She thinks it's of Axl's yard.  Apparently he has a pretty cool yard.  And possibly a piano he got from Elton John. :lol:  Do you have to have instagram to look at what somebody posts?

I got the burlap bags for the canna bulbs yesterday.  I'm baging them up today and will probably count how many I have.  Do you have a guess as to how many?

51 minutes ago, cineater said:

The Marsha thing will take a while to filter through the group.  The difference between home and the garden is shade.  The garden is full sun all the time and there is no where to sit.  Plus I've got the cats.  It's nicer at my place.

My friend tells me Vanessa is posting a lot of stuff on instagram.  She thinks it's of Axl's yard.  Apparently he has a pretty cool yard.  And possibly a piano he got from Elton John. :lol:  Do you have to have instagram to look at what somebody posts?

I got the burlap bags for the canna bulbs yesterday.  I'm baging them up today and will probably count how many I have.  Do you have a guess as to how many?

Sucks that theres nowhere to sit at the garden. Here too - because the pandemic. Did you have a sitting area before?

I dont have an insta, but it usually lets me scroll a bit of the first page before kickign me off. Id love to see this!!?? Is this back in Malibu then, or still the desert?

Id think you have maye 65 canna bulbs? Whats your guess?

I moved all my plants inside last week, and had to kill a few of them. My Devil's Tongue plant got fucked up, as did a couple of my Dulce peppers. My Sugar Rush plants are all flowering and starting to produce their first peppers though :D

I crossed my Blueberry X Super Silver Haze weed plants with a Deep Purple strain, ended up with a little plant that's full of seeds and I can't wait to plant them :devilshades:

Also got a couple Candy Cane peppers sprouting up, and I'm gonna germinate some Fish Pepper seeds soon too. They're very interesting pepper varieties both visually and flavour-wise, especially the fish peppers.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, soon said:

Sucks that theres nowhere to sit at the garden. Here too - because the pandemic. Did you have a sitting area before?

I dont have an insta, but it usually lets me scroll a bit of the first page before kickign me off. Id love to see this!!?? Is this back in Malibu then, or still the desert?

Id think you have maye 65 canna bulbs? Whats your guess?

I was guessing 300.  The actual number is 295 and I didn't count some of the little ones.  You were so off. :lol:  I've seen them sell around town for $5 for the big ones.  We sell them for $1 when we sell them.  Some years we had so many, we gave them away.

They were in the Yellowstone area a long time and are back in Malibu.  Who knows if Axl was with them but pothead would certainly explain Axl Rose moving at a snail's pace and mulling over decisions.  Have to get him on coffee.  Great ideas followed by getting them done.

I was at the gardens for a little while but it's cold and we got rained out.  Had a long chat with Joe about organizing the group.  Little does he know but we are making him president next year.  The guy has vision.  Doesn't hear worth a shit but he's calling for an overall plan and that we focus.  Acknowledged I've been talking about this.  With the two of us pushing for it, the others will join in.

Mums are starting to open.  Will send you a picture. 

The coleus cuttings are planted.  Starting off with 18 of them. :lol:

Edited by cineater

23 hours ago, cineater said:

I was guessing 300.  The actual number is 295 and I didn't count some of the little ones.  You were so off. :lol:  I've seen them sell around town for $5 for the big ones.  We sell them for $1 when we sell them.  Some years we had so many, we gave them away.

They were in the Yellowstone area a long time and are back in Malibu.  Who knows if Axl was with them but pothead would certainly explain Axl Rose moving at a snail's pace and mulling over decisions.  Have to get him on coffee.  Great ideas followed by getting them done.

I was at the gardens for a little while but it's cold and we got rained out.  Had a long chat with Joe about organizing the group.  Little does he know but we are making him president next year.  The guy has vision.  Doesn't hear worth a shit but he's calling for an overall plan and that we focus.  Acknowledged I've been talking about this.  With the two of us pushing for it, the others will join in.

Mums are starting to open.  Will send you a picture. 

The coleus cuttings are planted.  Starting off with 18 of them. :lol:

I was soooooo off! :lol: Thats some good money!

Sometimes pot slows people down and makes them less productive, but I dont think it effects everyone tht way. But yeah, theres that pic of Axl in studio 'finishing up' UYI with his bng and weed. I think that 'finishing up' took a year iirc! Imagine if if CD cost 14 mil just because Axl had that real nice sticky icky?? :lol: Yeah, Axl needs to learn follow through!

Hopefully that will be 2 president Joes next year then. But your Joe actually sounds qualified! lol. A man at the gardens acknowledged youd already been raising a point that he raised?!?! Im shocked!! :lol: Thats great.

Those Mums look pretty!

We'll see how many coleus you end up with! lol

2 hours ago, cineater said:

We are getting a frost tonight.  Not a killing frost.  We'll see who gets taken down.  I brought in the geraniums and begonias last night. 

We got a bit warmer days here lately. Sp hopefully peoples stalled tomatoes will finish up!

On 10/3/2020 at 12:44 PM, Gordon Comstock said:

I moved all my plants inside last week, and had to kill a few of them. My Devil's Tongue plant got fucked up, as did a couple of my Dulce peppers. My Sugar Rush plants are all flowering and starting to produce their first peppers though :D

I crossed my Blueberry X Super Silver Haze weed plants with a Deep Purple strain, ended up with a little plant that's full of seeds and I can't wait to plant them :devilshades:

Also got a couple Candy Cane peppers sprouting up, and I'm gonna germinate some Fish Pepper seeds soon too. They're very interesting pepper varieties both visually and flavour-wise, especially the fish peppers.

Is that an earlier autumn for you then too? Sucks that some plants didnt make it. It happens. Im excited the Sugar Rush is doing so well - Im interested in trying that out next season myself!

Are you gonna try your new strain indoors?

Shoot, cant see the Candy Cane pic, but those stripes as the colour develops on the Fish Pepper looks so cool! I trust they dont taste fishy though? lol

1 hour ago, soon said:

Is that an earlier autumn for you then too? Sucks that some plants didnt make it. It happens. Im excited the Sugar Rush is doing so well - Im interested in trying that out next season myself!

Are you gonna try your new strain indoors?

Shoot, cant see the Candy Cane pic, but those stripes as the colour develops on the Fish Pepper looks so cool! I trust they dont taste fishy though? lol

Yea there was a solid week of smoke and haze followed by a solid week of cold and rain, and some plants really didn't like that. And pests really seemed to like the Devil's Tongue plant. <_<

I'll probably try a couple plants indoors, then a couple outdoors next year (both strains seem to do well outside)

The fish pepper got its name because it was a common ingredient in shellfish dishes/sauces back in the 1800's and early 1900's, it kinda disappeared for a while then came back about 25~ years ago. The candy cane peppers have a white vertical stripe down the middle while they're growing, and they're basically sweet bell peppers when they're ripe.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cineater said:

Spent 3 and half hours at the garden taking down the cockscomb.  Looked good but it was going to seed and that stuff takes over.  What is left of our leaf mulch is compost.  Looks nice but I don't think it's going to protect the plant roots.

Cockscomb - is that a Manscaping tool? :lol:

I want to collect some dried leafs to have a supply to mix into my worm farm over the winter.

Hey, I saw a woman wearing your ripped up jeans. But she was doing so for fashion! lol. Lined up for a chic art bar no less. You are a hip cat, Cin!

Cant wait for my radish microgreens!! :dance:

6 hours ago, soon said:

Cockscomb - is that a Manscaping tool? :lol:

I want to collect some dried leafs to have a supply to mix into my worm farm over the winter.

Hey, I saw a woman wearing your ripped up jeans. But she was doing so for fashion! lol. Lined up for a chic art bar no less. You are a hip cat, Cin!

Cant wait for my radish microgreens!! :dance:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTujqKqv40jghS8BDoResm

Guess you could use it for that. :lol:  Maybe some man tried.

Get me her name.  I sell her my jeans.  First offer gets them!

Should I cover my plants tonight or just be done?  That is the question.  I pretty happy with what I got done today at the garden.  I'll see tomorrow at the garden what gets taken out tonight.

While I was at the gardens I went to use the big pruners.  They were rusty and hard to open.  Hate when the tools aren't taken care of.  They are in my trunk.  I'll connect up with our tool doctor next week.

Are you signed up for Art, Flowers and Urban Farms for Tuesday night?

Edited by cineater
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, cineater said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTujqKqv40jghS8BDoResm

Guess you could use it for that. :lol:  Maybe some man tried.

Get me her name.  I sell her my jeans.  First offer gets them!

Should I cover my plants tonight or just be done?  That is the question.  I pretty happy with what I got done today at the garden.  I'll see tomorrow at the garden what gets taken out tonight.

While I was at the gardens I went to use the big pruners.  They were rusty and hard to open.  Hate when the tools aren't taken care of.  They are in my trunk.  I'll connect up with our tool doctor next week.

Are you signed up for Art, Flowers and Urban Farms for Tuesday night?

Haha, it actually does seem handy for that application. Some exfoliating! :lol:

I bet you could auction them to the ultra hip!

Im glad you had a good day at the garden. You got the frost? Any casualties? Did you move stuff in?

I take such good care of tools that it best that I dont know who mucks them up. I cant stand it! lol. Cool you have a tool dr. I actaully messed up a tool recently and was extremely mad at myself. Oh this bucolic gardening life, eh? :lol:

Im glad yo reminded me to sign up! Are you going? Sounds like a perfect theme(s)!!

Yep, I'm doing it.  Looking for ideas for the butterfly.

We got frost but doesn't look like anything got damaged.  I'm putting out my grass seed today.  I'm about a month late on that.  Might go ahead and spray paint the lattice work if the wind dies down.

Brian started putting up his haunted house.  I'm guessing that means he's not putting up the fence.  Damn, I would like a fence to hide his yard.

Aw Beaker was so cute!

I have good water pressure today.  Will have to wait to paint.  Wanted to give the new grass seed a good soaking.

Got my volunteer hours entered for the garden.  I'm at 522.  Don't think I'm going to top last years 800.

Edited by cineater

1 hour ago, cineater said:

Yep, I'm doing it.  Looking for ideas for the butterfly.

We got frost but doesn't look like anything got damaged.  I'm putting out my grass seed today.  I'm about a month late on that.  Might go ahead and spray paint the lattice work if the wind dies down.

Brian started putting up his haunted house.  I'm guessing that means he's not putting up the fence.  Damn, I would like a fence to hide his yard.

Can you please send me the link - I cant seem to find it?

Glad nothing was damaged!

I hope Halloween doesnt happen here. Hope you get your fence soon!

9 minutes ago, cineater said:

Aw Beaker was so cute!

I have good water pressure today.  Will have to wait to paint.  Wanted to give the new grass seed a good soaking.

Yeah - such a cutie! He and I like to think he still is! :lol:

Get that grass soaked!

You had to register.  This is the one I have https://umsystem.zoom.us/w/95009604145?tk=Va0UHR1dpvb4K8wFGcuwAxlliT7-XFOm6N-TIRZmJ6o.DQIAAAAWHwOCMRZENVVGbVB1R1FpLUxwUzZxNWR3ZHFnAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

It's at 6:30 central.  Hopefully they send out a reminder.

Oh we're doing Halloween.  It's outside, we're masked and I put the candy in the kid's bag.

Damn I hate cashing in my savings bonds.  They've matured and aren't earning interested any more.  They were at 4%.  They were right, 30 years ago I did not miss that money from my paycheck and today, I'm happy to see it has all grown up.  I've got another 10 years of those to watch grow up. :lol:

17 hours ago, cineater said:

You had to register.  This is the one I have https://umsystem.zoom.us/w/95009604145?tk=Va0UHR1dpvb4K8wFGcuwAxlliT7-XFOm6N-TIRZmJ6o.DQIAAAAWHwOCMRZENVVGbVB1R1FpLUxwUzZxNWR3ZHFnAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

It's at 6:30 central.  Hopefully they send out a reminder.

Oh we're doing Halloween.  It's outside, we're masked and I put the candy in the kid's bag.

Damn I hate cashing in my savings bonds.  They've matured and aren't earning interested any more.  They were at 4%.  They were right, 30 years ago I did not miss that money from my paycheck and today, I'm happy to see it has all grown up.  I've got another 10 years of those to watch grow up. :lol:

Huh, I dont know if you sent me anything for this? Will try your link though!

One time I just left a bowl of candy out, instead of dealing with a bunch of snotty kids. First kids stole the entire bowl :lol:

Cashing a bond sounds good to me? Get that paper, Cin! And then again in 10 years. That'll be enough for the American Beauty box set! :lol:

Oh you never leave a bowl out for the kids. :lol:

It should be fun but those bonds are my secret stash of emergency money.  Those can get me out of trouble.  I don't enjoy putting them in my general savings.  You probably already know I'm pretty tight fisted with the cash.  The same way some people feel about their gun rights. :lol:  They started back in 1976.  I've never had to use them for an emergency so I guess that says something about not sucking as an adult.

I have this plan of putting a plastic tent over the lattice work so the air airborne spray doesn't get on the house.  I just have to not breath in too much of the spray.  Little windy out there but where I'm spraying is protected.  Excited to get this done and get my lights back up.  I can leave the tent up when I water the new seed.  I have a plan hopefully it works.

52 minutes ago, cineater said:

Oh you never leave a bowl out for the kids. :lol:

It should be fun but those bonds are my secret stash of emergency money.  Those can get me out of trouble.  I don't enjoy putting them in my general savings.  You probably already know I'm pretty tight fisted with the cash.  The same way some people feel about their gun rights. :lol:  They started back in 1976.  I've never had to use them for an emergency so I guess that says something about not sucking as an adult.

I have this plan of putting a plastic tent over the lattice work so the air airborne spray doesn't get on the house.  I just have to not breath in too much of the spray.  Little windy out there but where I'm spraying is protected.  Excited to get this done and get my lights back up.  I can leave the tent up when I water the new seed.  I have a plan hopefully it works.

Never again will I leave a bowl out! :lol:

This is your reward for your successful adulting!! Time to splurge! Maybe some GNR bikinis for you and Karen?

i hope the wind doesnt mess with your painting. You need to proper space back!

Making some jalapeno and cilantro hot sauce today!

1 hour ago, soon said:

Never again will I leave a bowl out! :lol:

This is your reward for your successful adulting!! Time to splurge! Maybe some GNR bikinis for you and Karen?

i hope the wind doesnt mess with your painting. You need to proper space back!

Making some jalapeno and cilantro hot sauce today!

My trigger finger is giving out. :lol:  Had to go get 3 more cans of spray paint.  I have running paint everywhere. :lol:  Little tip, don't  paint your latticework.  Total pain in the ass or rather finger.  Standing back it looks good.

That money is symbolic of the year it comes from.  Probably the worst year of my life.  I was in a deep dark hole, over medicated on antidepressants, drinking again and a girl in trouble.  I start working my way back out of it right about now but it takes me years.  Like the money I built on the little bit there and today it's worth a lot more.  It's the storm I'd rather forget.  Should have listen to the song and left St Louis city of the blues then but it's all good now.

2 hours ago, cineater said:

My trigger finger is giving out. :lol:  Had to go get 3 more cans of spray paint.  I have running paint everywhere. :lol:  Little tip, don't  paint your latticework.  Total pain in the ass or rather finger.  Standing back it looks good.

That money is symbolic of the year it comes from.  Probably the worst year of my life.  I was in a deep dark hole, over medicated on antidepressants, drinking again and a girl in trouble.  I start working my way back out of it right about now but it takes me years.  Like the money I built on the little bit there and today it's worth a lot more.  It's the storm I'd rather forget.  Should have listen to the song and left St Louis city of the blues then but it's all good now.

Ha, well at least I know its not you leaving all that graffiti on my building! :lol: Glad it looks good though!

Im glad you got out of that dark place. I hesitate to ask more about it, since you say its something youd rather forget? You are a strong person. What song is that about leaving ST Louis?

My favorite folk singer has a song that she says is about needing to leave my town. But she says she didnt know it at the time when she wrote it. Her Dads response when hearing it was "you need to get out of there." Side note, I kinda think she once also wrote a song that was at least in part inspired by me and my ex!!

Black Throated Wind, of course a Dead song.  Yeah, nothing I care to talk about.  

Got the lattice work done.  Looks good enough for me.  Went up to the garden and grass seeded a big hole we filled in.  Ran into Alex and got a call from Justin.  Both of them looking for me.  Again nothing I care to talk about. :lol:

Class in a little bit.

5 minutes ago, cineater said:

Black Throated Wind, of course a Dead song.  Yeah, nothing I care to talk about.  

Got the lattice work done.  Looks good enough for me.  Went up to the garden and grass seeded a big hole we filled in.  Ran into Alex and got a call from Justin.  Both of them looking for me.  Again nothing I care to talk about. :lol:

Class in a little bit.

Is that a lyric in that song? I need to listen more closely!

Youre busy! I forget who Alex is, but fuck Justin. Or is it the other way around?? :lol:

This zoom link isnt letting me in :(

My fault, it's scheduled for tomorrow.

Other way around.:lol:

Yep lyric in the song:

I left St. Louis, the City of Blues
In the midst of a storm I'd rather forget
I tried to pretend it came to an end
'Cause you weren't the woman I thought I once met

I threw the geraniums and begonias back outside.  The night temps are up for the next 2 weeks and they are easier to maintain outside.

Edited by cineater