Gardening

Gracii Guns

2 hours ago, soon said:

I know my neighbour has a problem with screaming in 'tongues' about Allahs kingdom destroying us all. Happened twice again today! So I thought it might be a bad time to go knock on the door, lol. I have no idea whats going on. In my experience its a bunch of malarky so step one is always 'I take care of me.' And then enter the fray.

Hey - Im going into food austerity with the same meal everyday and you needed to add that you thought it sounds gross too? :( nah, j/k :lol: I love that hot sauce. Id already ordered a favourite and have a few of my own here. Should be fun! I have ginger too, so I might try a chinese black bean sauce too, to switch it up. I will survive and give onto others by the sweat of my brow and the work of my hands, under the hot sun. Feels awesome :headbang: Especially after this season felt like such a bust.

Shoes seems optimistic, like this year we are going back to life and I want to put my best foot forward. Or I need to get to work in the garden, etc.

I've been known to eat the same food for a while but not a month.  I have a recipe that uses black beans just can't think what it is right at the moment.

You have an interesting building.  Lots of characters.  You writing?

47 minutes ago, cineater said:

I've been known to eat the same food for a while but not a month.  I have a recipe that uses black beans just can't think what it is right at the moment.

You have an interesting building.  Lots of characters.  You writing?

I wish I were eating cheesy potatoes for a month! I’d planned to make the beans into tempeh but I don’t have the culture or a proper fermentation vessel for that currently. If you remember your recipe, let me know!

Yeah, the cast here would make for an interesting story lol. I think after lots of bs to deal with lately that I might be getting to a place we’re writing could take place.

Have you been writing? Did Axl rejoin the rest of us? What did you do after your fast ride?

19 minutes ago, soon said:

I wish I were eating cheesy potatoes for a month! I’d planned to make the beans into tempeh but I don’t have the culture or a proper fermentation vessel for that currently. If you remember your recipe, let me know!

Yeah, the cast here would make for an interesting story lol. I think after lots of bs to deal with lately that I might be getting to a place we’re writing could take place.

Have you been writing? Did Axl rejoin the rest of us? What did you do after your fast ride?

You're up.  For some reason I see you huddled in the dark over your computer.  The only light there is.

Well, you showed up in a cool hat.  He's around.  A lot like me, not much to say, just watching what's going on.  A train came by and we all got on.  About ready to see what happens next.

8 hours ago, cineater said:

You're up.  For some reason I see you huddled in the dark over your computer.  The only light there is.

Im not sure why you picture that - I have full lighting and more with my new solar rig.

Well, you showed up in a cool hat.

I gotta say that you are nailing my character!

He's around.  A lot like me, not much to say, just watching what's going on.  A train came by and we all got on.  About ready to see what happens next.

What happens to our horses when we go on the train?

2 hours ago, soon said:

Im not sure why you picture that - I have full lighting and more with my new solar rig.

I gotta say that you are nailing my character!

What happens to our horses when we go on the train?

All our shit came with us, wagons and horses.

Damn it, I thought Bobby was next Monday.  He was last night.  I have my consult today.  I'm a little distracted.

Rain is holding off so we should get everything in the greenhouse today before it rains.

26 minutes ago, cineater said:

All our shit came with us, wagons and horses.

Damn it, I thought Bobby was next Monday.  He was last night.  I have my consult today.  I'm a little distracted.

Rain is holding off so we should get everything in the greenhouse today before it rains.

Sounds like its loaded like a freight train. I love the romance of a train ride.

Fuck!!! I was looking forward to that - been so distracted here.

Hope your garden tasks work out. Ive been jonesing to go out and harvest solar from direct sunlight on this bright day, but too many things keeping me tethered to home.

Started some arugula microgreens. Trying black out.

2 hours ago, soon said:

Sounds like its loaded like a freight train. I love the romance of a train ride.

Fuck!!! I was looking forward to that - been so distracted here.

Hope your garden tasks work out. Ive been jonesing to go out and harvest solar from direct sunlight on this bright day, but too many things keeping me tethered to home.

Started some arugula microgreens. Trying black out.

:lol:  I did not make the loaded like a freight train connection but we are loaded.  I don't think their will be any romance on this train.

The dentist was running an hour late.  I'm scheduled for the 8th at 8 in the morning.  I hope the kid can get off work to take me.  They put me under and then numb my mouth.  Part of this may involve shaving the bone so I may end up with stitches.  Yeah, stop telling me about it.  I usually come through stuff like this pretty well.  The good news, I could do implants on the bottom.  The bad news, they are $2500 a tooth.

Arugula is such a cool name.  I was at the dentist so long they got all the stuff in the greenhouse unfortunately the Promix is on backorder so we still have 39 bales coming.  Oh well, I can use a workout.

12 minutes ago, cineater said:

:lol:  I did not make the loaded like a freight train connection but we are loaded.  I don't think their will be any romance on this train.

The dentist was running an hour late.  I'm scheduled for the 8th at 8 in the morning.  I hope the kid can get off work to take me.  They put me under and then numb my mouth.  Part of this may involve shaving the bone so I may end up with stitches.  Yeah, stop telling me about it.  I usually come through stuff like this pretty well.  The good news, I could do implants on the bottom.  The bad news, they are $2500 a tooth.

Arugula is such a cool name.  I was at the dentist so long they got all the stuff in the greenhouse unfortunately the Promix is on backorder so we still have 39 bales coming.  Oh well, I can use a workout.

After waiting a month for the dentist, they come an hour late?! At least the procedure is soon! I know you wanted to be put under so thats great - Id want that too. Yikes implants! Are you considering it at all?

I think Arugula is also sometimes called "Rockets" so they have 2 cool names.

Should I be placing some Promix orders, or is a backorder more common with those volumes?

19 minutes ago, soon said:

After waiting a month for the dentist, they come an hour late?! At least the procedure is soon! I know you wanted to be put under so thats great - Id want that too. Yikes implants! Are you considering it at all?

I think Arugula is also sometimes called "Rockets" so they have 2 cool names.

Should I be placing some Promix orders, or is a backorder more common with those volumes?

No, the backorder is very uncommon.  I think it has something to do with Canada. :lol:

Implants are way out of my price range.  But if the bottom denture won't stay in place I may have to consider two as an anchor for the denture.  I can save up for that.  I was there on surgery day apparently somebody's didn't go as well as they thought.  Nice people but I hate the dentist.  It's not his fault just freaky stuff.  There was a teenager there getting her wisdom teeth out, poor kid.

I threw together a chicken stir fry, not bad.

42 minutes ago, cineater said:

No, the backorder is very uncommon.  I think it has something to do with Canada. :lol:

Implants are way out of my price range.  But if the bottom denture won't stay in place I may have to consider two as an anchor for the denture.  I can save up for that.  I was there on surgery day apparently somebody's didn't go as well as they thought.  Nice people but I hate the dentist.  It's not his fault just freaky stuff.  There was a teenager there getting her wisdom teeth out, poor kid.

I threw together a chicken stir fry, not bad.

Promix no! Its sage seeds all over again. Oh I think you mentioned about something to do with Canada and promix earlier - haha. Sorry - hope I didnt buy up the last bag :lol:

I was wondering about just the front ones, makes sense. Still would be better without that expense!

Sounds nice - a bit of home cooking is good.

Im making those 3 hour chia crackers. I want a chicken stir fry though lol

2 hours ago, soon said:

Promix no! Its sage seeds all over again. Oh I think you mentioned about something to do with Canada and promix earlier - haha. Sorry - hope I didnt buy up the last bag :lol:

I was wondering about just the front ones, makes sense. Still would be better without that expense!

Sounds nice - a bit of home cooking is good.

Im making those 3 hour chia crackers. I want a chicken stir fry though lol

I should try those chia crackers.  I have that whole bag from overnight oats I didn't like.

My whole family is getting together in groups for Thanksgiving.  I don't get it.  I can see not skipping Christmas but Thanksgiving isn't that big of a deal.  They better not get sick and leave me as the last family member!

1 hour ago, cineater said:

I should try those chia crackers.  I have that whole bag from overnight oats I didn't like.

My whole family is getting together in groups for Thanksgiving.  I don't get it.  I can see not skipping Christmas but Thanksgiving isn't that big of a deal.  They better not get sick and leave me as the last family member!

I like the crackers. So crunchy and can falvour how ever you like! Its too expensive to not use up what youve got at least!

Im glad you are holding out for thanksgiving, Cin :) This whole deal sucks though.

I was just out and finally had a chance to take in the neighbourhoods christmas lights. It really is nice, isnt it? Nothing too fancy here, but even just a few lights is cool.

I took a coffee tincture early this morning and Im still wired!!! :wow: Id maybe do 1/8th dose again. Otherwise if I ever need to play super hero Ive got me secret power now :lol:

My rosemary is starting to decide if it will root or not. I think 2 will for sure. You still got all 72?

3 hours ago, soon said:

I like the crackers. So crunchy and can falvour how ever you like! Its too expensive to not use up what youve got at least!

Im glad you are holding out for thanksgiving, Cin :) This whole deal sucks though.

I was just out and finally had a chance to take in the neighbourhoods christmas lights. It really is nice, isnt it? Nothing too fancy here, but even just a few lights is cool.

I took a coffee tincture early this morning and Im still wired!!! :wow: Id maybe do 1/8th dose again. Otherwise if I ever need to play super hero Ive got me secret power now :lol:

My rosemary is starting to decide if it will root or not. I think 2 will for sure. You still got all 72?

A coffee tincture?  I need that.

My Christmas lights blew in the rain.  They were hanging in there for a while.  The patio lights are still on but we have a lot of rain coming.

Looks like I'm down to 71, darn.  Did I mention I still have a mother plant I can take cuttings off of? :lol:  I keep thinking I just watered those plants but they are bone dry.

Ambulance outside my house.  They took a neighbor away.  Didn't look like they were in a hurry and the person was sitting up.

Edited by cineater

11 hours ago, cineater said:

A coffee tincture?  I need that.

My Christmas lights blew in the rain.  They were hanging in there for a while.  The patio lights are still on but we have a lot of rain coming.

Looks like I'm down to 71, darn.  Did I mention I still have a mother plant I can take cuttings off of? :lol:  I keep thinking I just watered those plants but they are bone dry.

Ambulance outside my house.  They took a neighbor away.  Didn't look like they were in a hurry and the person was sitting up.

Trust me - dont take the full coffee tincture dose :wow: I have a coffee hangover now. Coffee headache. Only take it if fighting off that owl or if youre in mortal combat with an astral projection of Benny :lol:

Oh man! That sucks about your lights. I was gonna ask for a pic. Could it rain all the way through winter - or would it snow around then?

You lost 1 out of 72 - its like you're not even a MG :lol: Well, back to the mother plant then! Mine are taking up too much water from the bottom watering and still getting some mould. AHHHHHHHH!!!!

I hope that your neighbours okay. Even if they are that's very disconcerting to see. Unless it was my neighbour whom I expect to see hauled away someday, and an ambulance would be their safest option, lol.

I seem to have caught the common cold. I guess that means I could have just as easily caught covid? I am not pleased about this at all - being almost 100% quarantined and sanitizing anything that enters. Will have some fresh ginger and lemon tea this morning.

4 hours ago, soon said:

Trust me - dont take the full coffee tincture dose :wow: I have a coffee hangover now. Coffee headache. Only take it if fighting off that owl or if youre in mortal combat with an astral projection of Benny :lol:

Oh man! That sucks about your lights. I was gonna ask for a pic. Could it rain all the way through winter - or would it snow around then?

You lost 1 out of 72 - its like you're not even a MG :lol: Well, back to the mother plant then! Mine are taking up too much water from the bottom watering and still getting some mould. AHHHHHHHH!!!!

I hope that your neighbours okay. Even if they are that's very disconcerting to see. Unless it was my neighbour whom I expect to see hauled away someday, and an ambulance would be their safest option, lol.

I seem to have caught the common cold. I guess that means I could have just as easily caught covid? I am not pleased about this at all - being almost 100% quarantined and sanitizing anything that enters. Will have some fresh ginger and lemon tea this morning.

Take your honey for that cold.

What happen to my hair?  I straighten it this morning, went up to the garden to work and now it looks like I've been at the beach. :lol:  I have curls and frizz.  I was cutting down the cottage garden.  Cut out when it started to rain again.  I have a new trainee stepping up to be the lead if I can get somebody to help her.  Realized on the way home I don't have any contact information for her as she hasn't completed classes yet.  Yeah I'm stealing them right out of class.

We only get snow occasionally and it melts pretty quickly.  Once in a while we get dumped on.  I wouldn't say we get a lot of rain in the winter.  The lights will come back on once it quits raining.  It looks like the back lights though are pretty waterproof.  Those are the ones I see every night.

Haven't heard anything about the neighbor.  One of them gets seizures so it could have been that.  And then there's the occasional trip to the psych hospital.

I'm not giving up on 1.  It hasn't completely dried up and there's still a chance it will send up new growth from the roots.  I only need about 20 of these plants to live.  Not sure what I'm doing with the rest of them. :lol:

Mom made me a mincemeat pie!  She makes me one every Thanksgiving and Christmas.  Love that stuff.

Take your honey for that cold.

What happen to my hair?  I straighten it this morning, went up to the garden to work and now it looks like I've been at the beach. :lol:  I have curls and frizz.  I was cutting down the cottage garden.  Cut out when it started to rain again.  I have a new trainee stepping up to be the lead if I can get somebody to help her.  Realized on the way home I don't have any contact information for her as she hasn't completed classes yet.  Yeah I'm stealing them right out of class.

We only get snow occasionally and it melts pretty quickly.  Once in a while we get dumped on.  I wouldn't say we get a lot of rain in the winter.  The lights will come back on once it quits raining.  It looks like the back lights though are pretty waterproof.  Those are the ones I see every night.

Haven't heard anything about the neighbor.  One of them gets seizures so it could have been that.  And then there's the occasional trip to the psych hospital.

I'm not giving up on 1.  It hasn't completely dried up and there's still a chance it will send up new growth from the roots.  I only need about 20 of these plants to live.  Not sure what I'm doing with the rest of them. :lol:

Mom made me a mincemeat pie!  She makes me one every Thanksgiving and Christmas.  Love that stuff.

I think Im out of honey so I dont want ginger and citrus tea with no honey! Sigh.

Your hair! Thats weird! Maybe if you work for Craig you should retire that hair straightener for use in pressing hash rosins? :lol: Your robbing the cradle with the trainees :lol:

Im glad your back patio lights are working for you still.

Yay mince meat pie! No one makes it like mom, do they? Sounds quite nice about right now actually :drool:

Ive really made some headway tidying up my grow room. I have a large, bowl terra cotta that Beaker has long claimed. Its empty and he love to sit in it and then uses it to jump to the windowsill. Ill need pots like that for more kale, herb garden, mint and nettle. But I dont think I can take it from him.

My black out microgreens are germinating :headbang: And then it hit me "How long should black out last?" :lol:

4 hours ago, soon said:

I think Im out of honey so I dont want ginger and citrus tea with no honey! Sigh.

Your hair! Thats weird! Maybe if you work for Craig you should retire that hair straightener for use in pressing hash rosins? :lol: Your robbing the cradle with the trainees :lol:

Im glad your back patio lights are working for you still.

Yay mince meat pie! No one makes it like mom, do they? Sounds quite nice about right now actually :drool:

Ive really made some headway tidying up my grow room. I have a large, bowl terra cotta that Beaker has long claimed. Its empty and he love to sit in it and then uses it to jump to the windowsill. Ill need pots like that for more kale, herb garden, mint and nettle. But I dont think I can take it from him.

My black out microgreens are germinating :headbang: And then it hit me "How long should black out last?" :lol:

Google that but once they germinate I think you start them on the lights, probably not so strong of light for the first few days.

OMG did I make a mess.  :lol:  I took my big mother in law tongue outside and divided it.  I ended up with 4 plants and soil, wet soil everywhere.  If the rain doesn't wash it off the driveway, I'll have to get out the hose.  Not sure what I'm going to do with the plants.  Their spot is where the Christmas tree goes.  For now they are in the bathtub, cleaned up and draining.

I don't share that pie with anyone. :lol:  Cheesy potatoes in the oven.

Edited by cineater
  • Haha 1

Google that but once they germinate I think you start them on the lights, probably not so strong of light for the first few days.

OMG did I make a mess.  :lol:  I took my big mother in law tongue outside and divided it.  I ended up with 4 plants and soil, wet soil everywhere.  If the rain doesn't wash it off the driveway, I'll have to get out the hose.  Not sure what I'm going to do with the plants.  Their spot is where the Christmas tree goes.  For now they are in the bathtub, cleaned up and draining.

I don't share that pie with anyone. :lol:  Cheesy potatoes in the oven.

On that microgreens channel I was learning from they did up to 3 days, but then again they also took longer to harvest than this pot does. Mine are still vigorously germinating so I will leave it until at least tomorrow. Im getting so many different opinions on it in my google search.

Hahaha did the plant fight you back? Hope the rain does it... but you do love the power blaster :lol:

You wouldnt share pie with me?!?! Well, at least you shared the cheesy potatoes :lol: So jealous :drool:

I did a deep clean in my grow room. Which made a world of difference. When Im on the floor, that means 'play time' to Beaker and he was feeling mostly snugly and loving. As far as he knows we just had the must epic nuzzling ever :lol:

My home is really starting to come together in every room. More efficient and 'classier.' So of course the power thing had to happen. But its cool - everything be just so makes me feel like I can kick twice as much ass around the house!

Did Caleb's brother get his Christmas kit?

Yeah he picked the stuff up.  Cute family.

No, not sharing the pie.  It's a present from my mother.  It's mine, all mine. :lol:

Glad you're liking your house, we're going to be stuck in for a while.  I heard possible snow in the weather forecast!

Oh hell, maybe I'm taking us to perform at the presidential inauguration.  Eldron was getting ready to tell me to go with the women and buy myself a pretty dress.  I did but I came back with a dog. :lol:  The story is moving along.

Edited by cineater
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, cineater said:

Yeah he picked the stuff up.  Cute family.

No, not sharing the pie.  It's a present from my mother.  It's mine, all mine. :lol:

Glad you're liking your house, we're going to be stuck in for a while.  I heard possible snow in the weather forecast!

Oh hell, maybe I'm taking us to perform at the presidential inauguration.  Eldron was getting ready to tell me to go with the women and buy myself a pretty dress.  I did but I came back with a dog. :lol:  The story is moving along.

The presidential inauguration! Cool! I hope Im not expected to kiss any rings or anything? :lol: Tell me about the dog? :lol:

Dear Mr Fantasy is blaring on the stereo. Suits me perfectly. I want to move to the country so bad now. I fix my place up and half the power stops. Then this morning someone wakes me up early with a text wishing me well with my health.... I mean, go fuck yourself, idiot :shrugs: Im fucking outta here, gone! So I am feeling a train ride to somewhere else :headbang:

Im making a swansons beef mat pie or breakfast... its certainly not moms minced meat, but it will do.

The microgreens are looking mighty! Will move them to light after coffee.

29 minutes ago, soon said:

The presidential inauguration! Cool! I hope Im not expected to kiss any rings or anything? :lol: Tell me about the dog? :lol:

Dear Mr Fantasy is blaring on the stereo. Suits me perfectly. I want to move to the country so bad now. I fix my place up and half the power stops. Then this morning someone wakes me up early with a text wishing me well with my health.... I mean, go fuck yourself, idiot :shrugs: Im fucking outta here, gone! So I am feeling a train ride to somewhere else :headbang:

Im making a swansons beef mat pie or breakfast... its certainly not moms minced meat, but it will do.

The microgreens are looking mighty! Will move them to light after coffee.

It's parade day!  You should be watching.  Great performance of two Temptations songs.  Mom called to make sure I was up in time.  I'm already dressed mom.  I have to be out the door right after Santa.  They play Alice's Restaurant at noon on the radio.  I listen to that while I drive down to decorate my dad's grave for the holidays.  Mom said something about me being alone.  Don't worry mom, I'm fine.

I'm getting ready to give her a bath.  She's a bit of a mess.  Haven't got a name for her yet, just dog.  We might just be headed for the kid's wedding.  The smokescreen is all around that to begin with.  Her dad already texted my Happy Thanksgiving.  Leave me alone. :lol:

Okay a band with bagpipes and men in kilts.  You're missing it!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, cineater said:

It's parade day!  You should be watching.  Great performance of two Temptations songs.  Mom called to make sure I was up in time.  I'm already dressed mom.  I have to be out the door right after Santa.  They play Alice's Restaurant at noon on the radio.  I listen to that while I drive down to decorate my dad's grave for the holidays.  Mom said something about me being alone.  Don't worry mom, I'm fine.

I'm getting ready to give her a bath.  She's a bit of a mess.  Haven't got a name for her yet, just dog.  We might just be headed for the kid's wedding.  The smokescreen is all around that to begin with.  Her dad already texted my Happy Thanksgiving.  Leave me alone. :lol:

Okay a band with bagpipes and men in kilts.  You're missing it!

Happy Turkey Day!! (Where are my manners). Hope you enjoyed the parade. Im trying to watch your parade but its all Macy, Macy, Macy.

I dont know Alices Restaurant but that sounds like a very beautiful tradition. Enjoy :) That reminds me to look up if they will be playing the christmas specials from a late, beloved public radio story teller on Vinyl Cafe. The story teller died a few years ago. But his on story about a happless dad screwing up cooking the family bird so badly that he ended up in a hotel kitchen trying again in secret, hahaha. I really miss that story teller.

You know I have mixed feelings about seeing Karen marry another man! :wub::lol: Still beats smiling for our corporate-backed over lords! :lol: Either way though - Im along for the ride :headbang:

Yeah, Im turning off notifications for the day. Talk to you all next week :lol:

I once saw an all female bagpipes and marching band strut down the street. Made me weak in the knees :lol:

25 minutes ago, cineater said:

Oh full stop!  You've never heard Alice's Restaurant?  Do it now.  Be sure to sing along at the end.

I loved that! "You can have anything you want, at Alice's restaurant" Very cool!

I like your tradition!

Thats actually not too dissimilar from the the story telling I was mentioning. Im really taken by this stuff.

Thanks for sharing!

Hope that your time at the cemetery was what you wanted.

1 hour ago, soon said:

I loved that! "You can have anything you want, at Alice's restaurant" Very cool!

I like your tradition!

Thats actually not too dissimilar from the the story telling I was mentioning. Im really taken by this stuff.

Thanks for sharing!

Hope that your time at the cemetery was what you wanted.

Share a link to your story if you have one.  I love a good story.

I don't go down to see dad very often.  His army buddies think I'm hot. :lol:  I didn't get the news in time.  My niece announced she's pregnant at Thanksgiving dinner.  Karen and I kind of figured that out from what she was saying.  I was texting with my sister in Michigan at the time.  All her plans changed.  They got news they might have been exposed to covid so they were waiting for testing.

Hey a GNR thanksgiving.  I'm here for it!

• GNFNR 1