06/21/18 - Dessel, Belgium - Graspop Metal Meeting

downzy

7 hours ago, Lio said:

Can't transcribe it all, but this is about it: He and his friend were the only ones already in the venue, which is basically a small room when all of a sudden Axl and his entourage came in. They went straight to the bar, so The guys did too. They said good evening and Axl said hey. They were standing there at the bar while Axl was discussing Belgian beers (he's a connoisseur), but the security said they couldn't talk to Axl or take pics, as it was supposed to be a nice, quiet evening. Security and entourage were really friendly though. So then they went into the venue and Axl was standing there drinking his beer. While Pink Slips were covering Do You Think I'm Sexy, Duff was dancing along. Surreal experience. He's been a fan for 30 years.

I wonder if Duff also drank one or two beers or only non-alcoholic beverages

5 hours ago, GNRfanMILO said:

No GNR. Graspop official FB page just sent me this link.

http://stream.graspop.be/en/channel1

Always the same shit...

4 hours ago, NicoRourke said:

Wait, I'm confused - there are two stages next to each other?

While one band is playing on stage 1, crew of the next band start preparing the next band's stuff on stage 2 so the waiting time between the 2 bands is not so long

Edited by fanfzero
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Lio said:

Can't transcribe it all, but this is about it: He and his friend were the only ones already in the venue, which is basically a small room when all of a sudden Axl and his entourage came in. They went straight to the bar, so The guys did too. They said good evening and Axl said hey. They were standing there at the bar while Axl was discussing Belgian beers (he's a connoisseur), but the security said they couldn't talk to Axl or take pics, as it was supposed to be a nice, quiet evening. Security and entourage were really friendly though. So then they went into the venue and Axl was standing there drinking his beer. While Pink Slips were covering Do You Think I'm Sexy, Duff was dancing along. Surreal experience. He's been a fan for 30 years.

If I had been there, I wouldn't have talked to Axl. I realize that he probably doesn't want to be approached by fans when he's out and about with his entourage. Still, I wonder what legal standing the security have to be giving out orders about who you can or cannot talk to. If you go against their wishes and talk to Axl anyway, what are they going to do? Beat you up?