What is your favorite GN'R rarity?

In 1988 I purchased AFD with the original album artwork from Ralf's records in Lubbock, TX. Wish I still had that! I also had a bootleg of Live Like A Suicide. Wish I still had that as well! Now all I have left are concert t's from '89 LA show with the Stones and '91 UYI along with ticket stubs. 

3 minutes ago, Kwick1 said:

This GnR comic book? Purchased from Ralf's Records in Lubbock, TX in 1989? dHMa8ak.jpgCkFjgne.jpg

Very cool!  Yeah like that one!  I hadn't heard of GnR comic books before the GnR Central video and havent seen one in person.  Im not a memorabilia person nor a comic book person even: I just think thats so awesome though!

Is there much of a plot?

(GnR Central vid just for anyone curious about the reference)

6 minutes ago, soon said:

Very cool!  Yeah like that one!  I hadn't heard of GnR comic books before the GnR Central video and havent seen one in person.  Im not a memorabilia person nor a comic book person even: I just think thats so awesome though!

Is there much of a plot?

Cool! I watched the video, the one I have is the second he shows. It's in color and is a story about the beginning of GnR. So yes, if you find the beginning of GnR interesting and how the 5 came together, it's a great plot. 😉

• GNFNR 1

3 minutes ago, Kwick1 said:

Cool! I watched the video, the one I have is the second he shows. It's in color and is a story about the beginning of GnR. So yes, if you find the beginning of GnR interesting and how the 5 came together, it's a great plot. 😉

I have got to get the one you have.  Sounds incredible!

5 minutes ago, soon said:

I have got to get the one you have.  Sounds incredible!

I'm out of likes for the day, but I hope you find one. I'm sure they're out there. Just FYI, it's actually released by Revoltionary Comics if you start looking for it. Now I would love to find my bootleg copy of Live Like A Suicide. I don't think it's anywhere out there. There may be remastered digital tracks of it, by I want my poor quality bootleg copy. 😢

Edited by Kwick1
  • GNFNR 1

Great live energy on this one. Love Stevens drumming. Much better than the later version on the pinball machine.

My favorite version of this song. The only thing missing is Izzy's lead playing in the intro. But this one grooves more than the UYI 1 version, mainly because it has Steven on drums.

One of Axl's best vocal performances. "That one's for your momma!"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, soon said:

Is there much of a plot?

Funny...I picked up that exact one at a thrift store about a month ago, along with an AC/DC one.  

@Ratam, I'm out of reactions for the day but thank you. The amazing and special thing about it is that I held on to it all these years. My ever missed AFD with original artwork is long gone. That and my bootleg of LLAS were stolen during my drunken years. But @Mascadcar like you I look every thrift store and resale shop for either. Guess I'm hoping that someone wouldn't know what they had. Not likely. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mascadcar said:

Funny...I picked up that exact one at a thrift store about a month ago, along with an AC/DC one.  

Nice!  Don't rub it in or anything :lol:

I think you know about cooler thrift stores than I do

15 hours ago, Kwick1 said:

@Ratam, I'm out of reactions for the day but thank you. The amazing and special thing about it is that I held on to it all these years. My ever missed AFD with original artwork is long gone. That and my bootleg of LLAS were stolen during my drunken years. But @Mascadcar like you I look every thrift store and resale shop for either. Guess I'm hoping that someone wouldn't know what they had. Not likely. 

Maybe you can find this missing bootlegs in E-BAY or Amazon?

Not my "all time favourite" and it's NuGnR, but I wish there was a good recording of this (even better, a video). It sounds like it was an on the spot thing and Axl really enjoyed it. And Izzy was there.

:lol:

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2