One In A Million being erased from history

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

I never heard WTTJ as just a kick ass hard rock party song. I don't mean it's "political" in the narrow sense of the word or that the band intended it to be such, but there's social commentary in it (look at the video of it also), and it was one of the things that made it stand out from all that "feelgood" hairmetal stuff that dominated the "rock" side of MTV in those days. I've been always surprised how other people don't see that. And there are bits of that in other GnR songs, moreso in the Illusions.

You are right about that one. Also "The Garden of Eden" contains some criticism of religion, politics, etc.

8 minutes ago, Kwick1 said:

@killuridols, this thread has largely been polite discussion around OIAM without too many attacks on Axl or GNR but your statement about GnR only being concerned about $$$$. That may be your opinion but the NITLT is clearly for the fans, IMHO. 

Of course it is my opinion, what else could it be? An attack? How?... lol, and I don't undersand what you mean that NITL tour is for the fans..... no shit, who else would attend the shows? Non-fans?

It is for the fans, who pay highly priced tickets to see them. And now there's a $1000 box out there. That's for the rich fans.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, killuridols said:

You are right about that one. Also "The Garden of Eden" contains some criticism of religion, politics, etc.

Of course it is my opinion, what else could it be? An attack? How?... lol, and I don't undersand what you mean that NITL tour is for the fans..... no shit, who else would attend the shows? Non-fans?

It is for the fans, who pay highly priced tickets to see them. And now there's a $1000 box out there. That's for the rich fans.

Saying anyone is only concerned about $$$$ is an attack. If that were true the concerts would be an hour and half assed effort. I don't think there's any reports of anyone being disappointed in a NITLT show. They're playing for 2+ hours and I've seen reports of 3 hours! There are also all levels of ticket prices. Sure the best seats are more expensive but it's always been that way and ticket prices are in the range and even slightly less than other top acts. 

For the box set release, there's all levels. Something made available that everyone can afford. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

I never heard WTTJ as just a kick ass hard rock party song. I don't mean it's "political" in the narrow sense of the word or that the band intended it to be such, but there's social commentary in it (look at the video of it also), and it was one of the things that made it stand out from all that "feelgood" hairmetal stuff that dominated the "rock" side of MTV in those days. I've been always surprised how other people don't see that. And there are bits of that in other GnR songs, moreso in the Illusions.

And of course a song like OIAM, which addressed issues the way it did will generate political discussion, because these issues are not unrelated to politics.

Also, since you like The Doors, do you consider them apolitical because the majority of their lyrics weren't strictly political? That was a band in the context of a highly politicised era and divided society, and they were clearly (seen as being) on one side of things. 

I remember similar @Downzy comment than you , respective than GNR songs had social contents ,yes WTTJ is evidence this.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Kwick1 said:

Saying anyone is only concerned about $$$$ is an attack. If that were true the concerts would be an hour and half assed effort. I don't think there's any reports of anyone being disappointed in a NITLT show. They're playing for 2+ hours and I've seen reports of 3 hours! There are also all levels of ticket prices. Sure the best seats are more expensive but it's always been that way and ticket prices are in the range and even slightly less than other top acts. 

For the box set release, there's all levels. Something made available that everyone can afford. 

Oh poor GN'R! They are so miserable!!!...... come on paaleeeeese....... besides, you should stop telling people who disagree with some things or has a critical view of things that they are ATTACKING. No one is attacking anyone, this is a debate, a discussion forum, there are opossing views all the time. They are not "attacks", they are just different thoughts!!!!

Anyway, what I said was in response to the other user saying that he wouldn't like GN'R going too political because that would divide the fans. And what I said was that he should not worry about that because if GN'R has not gone "too political" in 30 years, they will not do it now, that they are reaching their 60s and they don't seem much concerned with releasing music, let alone with adressing political-societal issues. All they are doing these days is touring and releasing expensive boxes of re-hashed shit.

Shows are long enough to justify the ticket price, maybe I should thank them for having the decency to do that, right? :lol: but people could argue your statement by saying it is a half-assed "reunion" or that the setlists are stagnant and that Axl's voice is not worth the high prices of those tickets.

As for the box, the only good options for a real fan are the big box and the super deluxe one.... the rest is just shit. Why would I want the cheaper one? I already own AFD in all possible formats sans vinyl, lol... It's a fuckin' joke.

Edited by killuridols

13 minutes ago, Ratam said:

I remember similar @Downzy comment than you , respective than GNR songs had social contents ,yes WTTJ is evidence this.

Yes, I remember it too :) 

WTTJ stroke me as that kind of song the first time I heard it and saw the video of it back in the day.

Just now, Blackstar said:

WTTJ stroke me as that kind of song the first time I heard it and saw the video of it back in the day.

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

They was like dark side of bands these era ,like Poison, M Crue and many such alike .

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

So if you sit on the right you are racist and homophobic? 

I don't think that is really how you feel but it could easily be taken that way.

Most definitely not what I meant lol 

what I was getting at, was the seeming shift in attitude from the band. 

For example, writing lyrics like OIAM, it's so easy, and recording yourself having sex with your band mates girlfriend, compared to wearing women's march singlets on stage (duff) and tweeting your displeasure for the current president ect, 

it does seem a major shift in attitude from the band members took place in their 40s/50s 

i guess my point in not condemning OIAM is because it's basically just a snap shot in time if axls attitude to something (rightly or wrongly) and in the end to me, it's a song, nothing more, nothing less. It doesn't affect my everyday life and nor should it. Is it regettable? As a fan I would say no, is it for Axl? Maybe so... I'm sure it's affected him more than it will ever affect me. 

But it is part of GNR history now and trying to scrub it from the record isn't the right thing to do imo. 

Edited by Tadsy
  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

5 hours ago, action said:

there is too much analysing going on. people are giving meaning to a lyric on the gounds on what verse it appears in ffs. at the end of the day it doesn't really matter what axl meant with a lyric 30 years ago. We all have said ignorant stuff at some point in our lives, all of us. we all learn and we all regret things we said. To spend 10 pages on something that was written 30 ago is pure insanity. It's as if Axl needs to put out an official statement distancing himself from it, but I guess even that won't be enough for some people. I'm not interested in politics, and I doubt members of GNR do. I see stuff like "it's OK, they probably support the left party". I mean wtf?? really?? that's hysterical! what does it mean, "its ok"? like we're not going to be a fan anymore if they aren't :lol: I guess some people are looking for left or right politics in the GNR brand, in stead of kick ass hard rock music. facepalm to those people.

Sorry you're so simple. 

Insanity is reading 10 pages of it when you obviously don't want too and then writing a 300 word response to whinge about it. 

Good work. 😂

Edited by Tadsy
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tadsy said:

For example, writing lyrics like OIAM, it's so easy, and recording yourself having sex with your band mates girlfriend, compared to wearing women's march singlets on stage (duff) and tweeting your displeasure for the current president ect, 

it does seem a major shift in attitude from the band members took place in their 40s/50s 

I think the only one who's made a major shift (but not that much as to call him a leftie) is Duff. Only regarding the mysoginy part.

Slash and Axl are still mysoginistic, in a lesser degree maybe, but I can't imagine Axl wearing those t-shirts :lol: and tweeting against Trump is so easy to do from the comfort of your mansion.... like I said, I see nothing leaning to the left in their attitudes, neither to the right or extreme right. To be more precise, they don't seem politically involved at all, except in a few rare ocassions.

4 hours ago, killuridols said:

Oh poor GN'R! They are so miserable!!!...... come on paaleeeeese....... besides, you should stop telling people who disagree with some things or has a critical view of things that they are ATTACKING. No one is attacking anyone, this is a debate, a discussion forum, there are opossing views all the time. They are not "attacks", they are just different thoughts!!!!

Anyway, what I said was in response to the other user saying that he wouldn't like GN'R going too political because that would divide the fans. And what I said was that he should not worry about that because if GN'R has not gone "too political" in 30 years, they will not do it now, that they are reaching their 60s and they don't seem much concerned with releasing music, let alone with adressing political-societal issues. All they are doing these days is touring and releasing expensive boxes of re-hashed shit.

Shows are long enough to justify the ticket price, maybe I should thank them for having the decency to do that, right? :lol: but people could argue your statement by saying it is a half-assed "reunion" or that the setlists are stagnant and that Axl's voice is not worth the high prices of those tickets.

As for the box, the only good options for a real fan are the big box and the super deluxe one.... the rest is just shit. Why would I want the cheaper one? I already own AFD in all possible formats sans vinyl, lol... It's a fuckin' joke.

Lol. What would be better, guns not touring and releasing nothing. Or what we have?

The lyrics were poorly thought out, no matter how much Axl tries to defend them and no matter how many delusional fans say they get it and it's ok. We all get it, it's still not ok. Never was, never will be. It's not surprising they omitted it. It's a real shame Axl chose those lyrics because in my opinion it's his best vocal performance on any song and the music is kickass and the guitar solo has always been one of Slash's best I think. Had the lyrics been less hate filled and laced with racial overtones the song would be an absolute classic on rock radio then and a mainstay on classic rock radio now. Axl fucked up. There was no need to use the words he did to express his point. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

2 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Neither. Better would be Guns working on a new album, like any other normal band.

More signs point to that then ever. Of course we have no hard evidence. But read between the lines with Guns.

Edited by Order of Nine
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Order of Nine said:

More signs point to that then ever. Of course we have no would evidence. But read between the lines with Guns.

I rather have accurate information and facts. But fans are entitled to have hopes, so yeah.

Edited by killuridols

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

I rather have accurate information and facts. But fans are entitled to have hopes, so yeah.

Obviously were not going to get press releases. But there's been a few solid interviews the past couple years that sound promising and we also more then likely this band will WANT to keep the momentum rolling.

They have a record breaking tour now.

And this release is definitely a good sign for other box sets to follow suit at some point. There is a demand, this is probably the biggest demand for new material from a rock band in a long time. I highly doubt Slash and Duff are going to just be happy with coasting on fumes from here on out, and I'd say Axl looks to be very motivated. Plus we have some interviews with people close to the Guns camp that have a strong lean that they could cook something new up. Slash had his solo stuff mapped out before this tour and Axl/DC is inevitable. Once those two things are out of the way then there will be no distractions or excuses that any fan is going to settle for, not even someone like me.

• Like 1

If they weren't a bunch of lazy assholes and had evolved and created a larger legacy of songs outside the world of penis, breasts and vagina, nobody would be scared or thinking to remove anything, lol.

The entire AFD would have to be removed and Lies, oh Lies, only 'Patience' would stay :lol: