One In A Million being erased from history

5 minutes ago, DeadSlash said:

There are about 10 different "news articles" on this, it's interesting that none mention he denounces "radicals and racists" in the 3rd verse.  

To manipulative press this 3 verse Don't is convenient to his narrative...

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Silverburst80 said:

Just as i suspected all its done is bring unwanted attention to the song again. If it was left alone no-one would have said shit, i see absolutely no point in erasing a song thats been accessible for nearly 30 years.

If you think there is attention for leaving it out, imagine how much there would be if it was there. A 2018 release using the n-word and the (apparently worst by 2018 PC society) f-word?!?

• Like 1

In this interview with Rolling Stone magazine in February 2000, Axl already stated he wanted to remove it from future releases of GN’R Lies. Because he believed “they’re too easily misinterpreted”. The article mentions that the track will be deleted from future pressings, though that never happened. (I looked at every single new copy I could find in stores since 😉.) So maybe this is the reason behind it all.

Was there a press release to go along this box set? :question:

It's strange the negative noise the package is receiving, because it is an AFD release after all, they didn't have obligation to include any Lies song on it :shrugs:

This is a hole in the promotion, or is it on purpose? Hard to assume they wanted to do it this way...

Alt.Nation picked it up from this forum and then other outlets picked it from there because it's a good story for them.

7 minutes ago, remcognr said:

In this interview with Rolling Stone magazine in February 2000, Axl already stated he wanted to remove it from future releases of GN’R Lies. Because he believed “they’re too easily misinterpreted”. The article mentions that the track will be deleted from future pressings, though that never happened. (I looked at every single new copy I could find in stores since 😉.) So maybe this is the reason behind it all.

It's been brought up and discussed a few pages back:

Edited by Blackstar

4 minutes ago, Fourteenbeers said:

SCOM can't stay. It contains the word sweet, which is insulting to diabetics. 

Post of the thread. I just literally laughed out loud in a very quiet airport terminal. Well done! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RussTCB said:

https://www.theindustryobserver.com.au/guns-n-roses-quietly-remove-racist-homophobic-song-from-deluxe-reissue/

The above article thinks they should've removed UTLH too. 

Good lord. 

11 hours ago, -W.A.R- said:

They should remove Its So Easy aswell.

I have a better idea. They should remove the whole box set. And release a brand new album with brand new songs.

Edited by Padme
  • GNFNR 2

1 hour ago, Padme said:

Another article

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2018/may/08/guns-n-roses-remove-song-homophobic-racist-language-one-million-reissue-album

I guess the no OIAM is their way to promote this box set bullshit :lol:

I guess if either they remove promote his box set and if they include OIAM too promove 😅they don't have form run away in this controversy:lol: