What is known (if anything) about The Plague and New Work Tune?

4 minutes ago, Tyler Drama said:

“The Plague was a quick little something that they put together probably on the spot when they did the Sound City demos in May of 1986. I never heard them play it again.” - Marc Canter

Thanks for the clarification on that!

Here's some other Marc quotes:

"It really wasn't a real song, just something they put together and it was quick and short and it wasn't anything special like the rest of the songs"
http://www.mygnrforum.com/topic/190318-demos-and-recording-sessions/?do=findComment&comment=3304629

The song was very short 53 seconds and not even finished and may have been put together at the last minute. It was not really that good and that may be the reason the bootleggers didn't use it when they put out that stuff.
http://www.mygnrforum.com/topic/190744-the-plague/?do=findComment&comment=3170412

Edited by fernandoGNR

Just now, fernandoGNR said:

Here's another Marc quote:

"It really wasn't a real song, just something they put together and it was quick and short and it wasn't anything special like the rest of the songs"

http://www.mygnrforum.com/topic/190318-demos-and-recording-sessions/?do=findComment&comment=3304629

I had read that this song was under a minute in length. Any truth to this? 

1 hour ago, DeadSlash said:

I know the "New work tune" was eventually used as the theme to "The Office" The US version.

Whaaaaaaat?? No way 

i cant tell if you’re being ironic or not 

Edited by Duwz

i have very high hopes for NEW WORK TUNE

ANY musical idea from that era is PURE GOLD

:headbang:

===

having said that, i hope it is something uncirculated and i truly hope its not the above NIGHTCRAWLER

is there confirmation that NIGHTCRAWLER is actually GNR?

i find it very listenable!

i remember downloading it (or maybe listening to it on some bootleg CD from Aces High?) and i remember there was a second instrumental track very similar to it. anyone remembers that?

talking about NIGHTCRAWLER, i was hoping that the toys r us locked and loaded boxset had 3 discs full of stuff like that -- unfinished ideas/songs

but they chose to do a boxset to be the shame of all boxsets, havent they?

Edited by ludurigan

50 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

Is it me or at the very end this starts playing???

the version from the ONE IN A MILLION CD is taken from the CBGBs 1987 show

the version that starts playing is another acoustic version of MOVE TO THE CITY where Axl screams ARRIBA or something during the beginning of the song and there seems to be some people around the band and everybody seems to be laughing and having a good time

i am sure someone can tell where is that from, there is a complete version circulating

9 hours ago, axlweave said:

Night crawler bencame speed parade on slash’s 2nd solo album. Marc confirmed this

i just listened to it and they sound kinda similar

if that is true, then slash should release a book about it and maybe name it "From Night Crawler To Speed Parade: How to Turn a Mighty Fine Rocking Riff into a Shitty Song in One Lesson"

the thing lost all its groove, its unbelievable

:facepalm:

43 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

i just listened to it and they sound kinda similar

if that is true, then slash should release a book about it and maybe name it "From Night Crawler To Speed Parade: How to Turn a Mighty Fine Rocking Riff into a Shitty Song in One Lesson"

the thing lost all its groove, its unbelievable

:facepalm:

You sure a harsh critic, especially when IZZY isn't involved.

I happen to dig Speed Parade.

• Like 1