Whats next for GNR 2018

I think with the remaster and Boxed set getting released , and IMO I think Slash did rerecord some licks and add to the solo -remember the pic of SLASH slamming in his studio with Adam day which  was  in January , Just my opinion buy I think he was working on it then , which is cool as hell -then he already recorded SMKC and its ready , Slash is a always working on something - By adding licks to a song from 86 I think he will rework a bunch of songs Axl already has in the can along with some new numbers that they will write together , Chinese democracy has 3 albums worth of material according to AXL , I think SLASH and DUFF along with AXL pick out the best ones and come up with something, the thing that scares me the most does AXL think his voice is up to par to record anything new - I hope he has been  working on it and he blows our minds on a GNR album or a ACDC one either way if his voice is back , I am  fucking thrilled , I think we will get new GNR music 4 sure now albeit old stuff or new  I am pumped !!!

• GNFNR 1

What i think is next:

• NITL picks up again in June/July - may or may not be extended into other regions (the recent press release hinted it may continue).
  • SMKC releases album and goes on tour
  • Axl continues alleged work with AC/DC, with album coming out in 2019

That's basically it for 2018. 2019 will be a proper hiatus or studio work, in my opinion.

• Like 2

Yeah if it's true that Axl and Angus plan to do a record together, then I think the earliest we will see a proper new GNR album is probably 2020. So, after the box set comes out this year, the rest of the year will probably just be more NITL shows (with SMKC shows in between).

The day Axl releases new music with AC/DC(instead of  GNR) will be the day when GNR is officially dead to me.

I couldn't think of a bigger insult to the fans. And that is saying a lot when you consider all the shit Axl has pulled over the years to shit on his fanbase. I would never again spend one penny on this band.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, SWINGTRADER said:

The day Axl releases new music with AC/DC(instead of  GNR) will be the day when GNR is officially dead to me.

I couldn't think of a bigger insult to the fans. And that is saying a lot when you consider all the shit Axl has pulled over the years to shit on his fanbase. I would never again spend one penny on this band.

Can't argue with this at all.  Why Axl would consider doing a cock rock album with Angus Young (it isn't really AC/DC anymore) when one of the main reasons that GNR broke up in the 90's is that Axl didn't want to do cock rock with Slash is beyond comprehension and would be the ultimate insult.

Axl filling in as the AC/DC lead singer so they could finish a tour was one thing.  Releasing new music with them is a whole other level.  I guess on explanation if it happened is that Axl would rather do that because if it isn't well received he can just blame it on being written by Angus and he just sang what was stuck in front of him.  With GNR, he'd have to take responsibility for what gets recorded.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

Can't argue with this at all.  Why Axl would consider doing a cock rock album with Angus Young (it isn't really AC/DC anymore) when one of the main reasons that GNR broke up in the 90's is that Axl didn't want to do cock rock with Slash is beyond comprehension and would be the ultimate insult.

Axl filling in as the AC/DC lead singer so they could finish a tour was one thing.  Releasing new music with them is a whole other level.  I guess on explanation if it happened is that Axl would rather do that because if it isn't well received he can just blame it on being written by Angus and he just sang what was stuck in front of him.  With GNR, he'd have to take responsibility for what gets recorded.

I would actually agree with you if Axl hadn't already released a big turd(CD) that was not well received, and has done his best to remind everybody of this turd, by forcing his old band mates to play it on their "reunion"tour. If anything, Axl is scared that a new GNR album would be very successful. It would prove that he needed Slash and Duff to make a good record. Right now, GNR is nothing more than a cash making tour machine for him. He wants nothing to do with the band beyond that point. I think he would like for AC/DC to be his new cash cow so that he can end GNR and have nothing to do with it ever again.

Edited by SWINGTRADER

1 minute ago, Bitchisback said:

Man I love coming to these forums since everyone has such keen inside information. 

I wasn't aware so many people here know Axl personally and can relay this top notch information to us. 

Thanks man! 

No problem. Come back when GNR release their next single in "Crash Diet". Axl has no problem releasing "new" old music. It doesn't threaten his ego. Just don't expect him to release any new written music with the old guys that will make CD sound even more pathetic.

It doesn't take knowing Axl personally to analyze this shit.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Gnrcane said:

Why Axl would consider doing a cock rock album with Angus Young (it isn't really AC/DC anymore) when one of the main reasons that GNR broke up in the 90's is that Axl didn't want to do cock rock with Slash is beyond comprehension and would be the ultimate insult.

The explanation to that is that Axl realized the only genre he can do good at is "cock rock", thats why AC/DC turned out so good with him and his dreams of being Trent Reznor had to be flushed down the toilett.

:shrugs:

14 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

Man I love coming to these forums since everyone has such keen inside information. 

I wasn't aware so many people here know Axl personally and can relay this top notch information to us. 

Thanks man! 

You are new here ,already  to accostum 😆Welcome!!

14 hours ago, Gnrcane said:

Fanboy syndrome, imo. Bon Scott and Angus were his heroes as he grew up. It's like a childhood dream come true.

It doesn't mean that he wants his band to be like that.

26 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Fanboy syndrome, imo. Bon Scott and Angus were his heroes as he grew up. It's like a childhood dream come true.

It doesn't mean that he wants his band to be like that.

Yeah, it would be like Axl wanting to do an album with you lol.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Gnrcane said:

I don't think it'll be any such thing, I reckon Axl's involvement will take it back to the Bon Scott days, I don't think Angus is going to be writing lyrics for Axl, I think he's too smart to do that.

Edited by Tonto

Originally, I thought they would all go their separate ways with their other bands after the summer dates. But Dizzy was just on Eddie Trunk and said that there could possibly be more dates to announce later in the year. He did not say where though, so I guess we will see. I really thought Slash would do his thing, and Axl would work with AC/DC for a little while.

Edited by Tourettes2400
  • Like 1

If the plan is to continue with the current line-up, I hope they call it good and go their separate ways after this years run of shows. For me, and I don't think I'm the only one, this era of GNR has run its course. If they want to stay relevant and continue to sell out stadiums and arenas, the only way is to get Izzy and Steven in the band. Only having three original members and playing a setlist dominated by covers and Chinese Democracy songs will only go so far. This tour was great, but it's come to its end in my opinion.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ratam said:

You are new here ,already  to accostum 😆Welcome!!

I've been visiting gnr boards since the late 90s,  staying up late chatting with people the night of the return in Vegas and rock Rio.   Been here,  htgth,  2000 intentions,  gnronline,  etc. 

Just haven't been an active poster since CD came out.   Too much negativity. 

Just love to listen to good tunes and talk about it.   Can't wait for the Super Deluxe box 😛

Thanks man. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've been saying for months now that there WILL be an EU Arena swing in the fall and got laughed at quite a few times...
I know some things and the recent reports from GNR camp staff and members indicates July ain't the end...
Same way November wasn't last year, when everyone said "NO WAY" to more touring...
With touring being the real money spinner in music, I'm a little surprised some folk are shocked that this is going far!
Top 5 tour of all time, they want to push it further, why not ! 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

I've been visiting gnr boards since the late 90s,  staying up late chatting with people the night of the return in Vegas and rock Rio.   Been here,  htgth,  2000 intentions,  gnronline,  etc. 

Just haven't been an active poster since CD came out.   Too much negativity. 

Just love to listen to good tunes and talk about it.   Can't wait for the Super Deluxe box 😛

Thanks man. 

No, thank you for you reply👍

• Thanks 1