New Shadow of Your Love Lyrics/Tour Video on GNR Vevo

On 6/23/2018 at 9:40 AM, bigpoop said:

This song is by the original lineup and it's got nothing to do with that tour footage.  Obviously these three guys were part of that lineup but if they're going to use current footage they should use current (live) audio. Not this track from 1986.

just to correct things a bit, SOYL is originally a Hollywood Rose song, only later re-recorded by GNR. yes, this particular version was indeed recorded by the AFD lineup.

speaking about the "original lineup" - there's that version of SOYL at Roots of GNR album, which also includes the original GNR guitarist Tracii Guns on lead guitar. Tracii only joined HR for a short time for New Years show 1985, and GNR were formed in March 1985 - so that version might be from circa that time (I'm not sure here though, I'm a bit confused - infos state "guitar overdubs" so those might be of later or much later date)

17 hours ago, zombux said:

just to correct things a bit, SOYL is originally a Hollywood Rose song, only later re-recorded by GNR. yes, this particular version was indeed recorded by the AFD lineup.

Except that Steven says it's not him on the track, and argues about lead guitar parts as well.

2 hours ago, NicoRourke said:

Except that Steven says it's not him on the track, and argues about lead guitar parts as well.

lol. I'd better trust all the other guys who worked on the tracks than a fucked up junkie addict with his brain totally wiped out.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

8 minutes ago, zombux said:

lol. I'd better trust all the other guys who worked on the tracks than a fucked up junkie addict with his brain totally wiped out.

Absolutely. I like Steven and all but I just do not trust his memory in general, especially with respect to this track.

3 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Absolutely. I like Steven and all but I just do not trust his memory in general, especially with respect to this track.

I do think it it Steven but the drum track, in some way, was altered on the song. It does sound slightly different than the usual popcorn style drumming.

On 23.6.2018 at 5:52 PM, Rdeyahlxp said:

The people who make these are Creative Works London. This one feels a bit rushed, but I really like their 2018 YCBM video tho.

W H A T   T H E   F U C K  I S  T H I S  S H I T?!

The 1991 YCBM video is one epic video no one, I repeat, no one should ever fuck with. I am nothing but speechless. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, zigzagbigbag said:

W H A T   T H E   F U C K  I S  T H I S  S H I T?!

The 1991 YCBM video is one epic video no one, I repeat, no one should ever fuck with. I am nothing but speechless. 

It's on the big screen during the show. It's not a video like the 1991 one.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Lio said:

It's on the big screen during the show. It's not a video like the 1991 one.

Ahhh ... good to know. I was at two NITL shows but didn't notice 😄

Nevertheless, it's nothing but awful.  Some people in the GNR camp seem to have a very disgusting taste in visual things. I mean, think of the whole tank thing at the beginning of the show ... it just looks cheap and makes people laugh their asses off. I think this was not intended to be 😄

1 minute ago, zigzagbigbag said:

Ahhh ... good to know. I was at two NITL shows but didn't notice 😄

Nevertheless, it's nothing but awful.  Some people in the GNR camp seem to have a very disgusting taste in visual things. I mean, think of the whole tank thing at the beginning of the show ... it just looks cheap and makes people laugh their asses off. I think this was not intended to be 😄

I agree. Don't like it either, but I'm not that bothered by it when the show's on. I don't really notice then. The tank takes an incredibly long time though. Last show I went to, me and a friend laughed at some guy starting to film the whole thing. Poor guy will be filming that tank for 15 minutes :lol:

I think it looks amateurish, guess I'm not a big fan of Creative Works London.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Lio said:

I agree. Don't like it either, but I'm not that bothered by it when the show's on. I don't really notice then. The tank takes an incredibly long time though. Last show I went to, me and a friend laughed at some guy starting to film the whole thing. Poor guy will be filming that tank for 15 minutes :lol:

I think it looks amateurish, guess I'm not a big fan of Creative Works London.

Yeah, saw some people film the tank, too, cause they thought the band is going on stage within a few seconds 😄