*Possibly* The General, terrible quality cell phone recording *NO LINKS*

11 minutes ago, 80309561 said:

WRONG

go find them and buy them if you wanna hear .  i just laugh at leechers like you

Why laugh? Clearly we all want the material, its been over 10 years. How am I a leecher? There is no way to buy these songs

Just now, RussTCB said:

None of this is anywhere near the "cloak & dagger" situation that some folks are making it out to be. 

The current round of leaks are a pretty cut & dried situation with little to nothing else actually being hoarded at this point. 

OMG 03, Silk 06, The General (some say that there's a 43sec studio clip out there), maybe atlas or jackie chan. That's the big shit/groundbreaking stuff out there now.

No one gives a fuck about rehearsals, srsly. Maybe VMA 2002, but that's about it.

4 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

None of this is anywhere near the "cloak & dagger" situation that some folks are making it out to be. 

The current round of leaks are a pretty cut & dried situation with little to nothing else actually being hoarded at this point. 

There's a bit more stuff that it's uncirculated, but it doesn't hold a lot of value since the reunion.

Just now, Wagszilla said:

Any of you kids heard more about the 1999 era stuff? 

That is my holy grail.

I'd give my left nut for 99 Atlas, 99 Prostitute, 99 Jackie, 99 AFD, etc.

Mine is HQ General and Atlas in full

4 minutes ago, NeonKinight said:

No one gives a fuck about rehearsals, srsly. Maybe VMA 2002, but that's about it.

What's special about the '09 rehearsals before the Asian shows anyway? Was Axl even there?

I'd love to see the VMA rehearsals find its way on the web though. Just for the spectacle of it. Bucket motionless with that daft mask on. What a guy

• GNFNR 1

2 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

Any of you kids heard more about the 1999 era stuff? 

That is my holy grail.

I'd give my left nut for 99 Atlas, 99 Prostitute, 99 Jackie, 99 AFD, etc.

No unfortunately, remember axl said he wrote an experimental piece to a movie scene? Wonder if it was just a troll or if it exists

1 minute ago, Wagszilla said:

This is why the 1999 stuff is my holy grail - because I don't know if it will ever be released.

Yes, it could appear on a box set down the road, but just as easily the red tape could prevent it from happening.

The leaks are almost an archival necessity. 

As Axl explained, he was inspired by the menage a trois in the End of Days and wrote an experimental piece called "Daddy Can the Devil do Mommy and Me?"

The early 1997-1999 stuff is likely to fall into this category - "experimental".

Fucker is a rock star, I'll give him that. 

I doubt all of CD was done around 99 - 01, really interested in that post illusions period too. Fuck it I WANT IT ALL

36 minutes ago, 80309561 said:

WRONG

go find them and buy them if you wanna hear .  i just laugh at leechers like you

Lol, the greater majority of the fan base isn't going to give someone thousands of dollars for tracks. 

Not saying it hasn't happened before, I'm saying there's very little chance of it happening now. 

And needless to say, our forum doesn't encourage any of our users to pay someone for art that they don't own and didn't create. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, brownstone91 said:

I think the Holy Grail would be documentary footage of the night Slash went inside Axl's house for the first time in 20 years to talk it out

you mean that funny story about how Slash came to inform Axl that ‘Duff was spineless,’ ‘Scott [Weiland] was a fraud,’ that he ‘hates Matt Sorum’ and that in this ongoing war, contest or whatever anyone wants to call it that Slash has waged against Axl for the better part of 20 years, that Axl has proven himself ‘the stronger.’ ? :D 

Just now, RussTCB said:

Lol, the greater majority of the fan base isn't going to give someone thousands of dollars for tracks. 

Not saying it hasn't happened before, I'm saying there's very little chance of it happening now. 

And needless to say, our forum doesn't encourage any of our users to pay someone for art that they don't own and didn't create. 

Agreed. If I don't stumble across it myself I'll keep my mind occupied until a release

Just now, zombux said:

you mean that funny story about how Slash came to inform Axl that ‘Duff was spineless,’ ‘Scott [Weiland] was a fraud,’ that he ‘hates Matt Sorum’ and that in this ongoing war, contest or whatever anyone wants to call it that Slash has waged against Axl for the better part of 20 years, that Axl has proven himself ‘the stronger.’ ? :D 

No, I mean the one where Axl texted Fernando to tell him to contact Slash's people

20 minutes ago, Dean said:

What's special about the '09 rehearsals before the Asian shows anyway? Was Axl even there?

I'd love to see the VMA rehearsals find its way on the web though. Just for the spectacle of it. Bucket motionless with that daft mask on. What a guy

Axl isn't there. It's a production rehearsal with the massive 2009/early 2010 stage, and Tommy and Ron sing most of the songs. Its a novelty, but it's a pretty cool novelty admittedly. 

I couldn't give a fuck about the VMA rehearsal. 

1 minute ago, Powerage5 said:

Axl isn't there. It's a production rehearsal with the massive 2009/early 2010 stage, and Tommy and Ron sing most of the songs. Its a novelty, but it's a pretty cool novelty admittedly. 

I think both of those are now pretty much as important as farts from random guy's ass. there are many similar things at youtube already - for example that rehearsal from Sudamerica where they rehearse Oh My God, or rehearsal from Taipei 2009. shared by fans for free, with much better quality than the last "leak" aka piece of utter shit someone was trying to hide under a bucket.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

Why would anyone? It was the single worst vocal of 2001-2002. Worst Madagascar, Jungle and PC of the era. Why give a shit about a rehearsal where he's just plodding through the motions?

2 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

Just now, zombux said:

I think both of those are now pretty much as important as farts from random guy's ass. there are many similar things at youtube already - for example that rehearsal from Sudamerica where they rehearse Oh My God, or rehearsal from Taipei 2009. shared by fans for free, with much better quality than the last "leak" aka piece of utter shit someone was trying to hide under a bucket.

I'll take pro-shot footage of the pre-Troubadour rehearsals and the core starting to come back together

• Like 2

Just now, Wagszilla said:

I'd rather watch a half assed Chinese band rehearsal than anything with Chainsmoke McGee in it. 

anything, just without Mickey. even the 2002-ish helium was better than Mickey.