Axl/DC Was in Negotiations to Play in ROCK IN RIO 2019

ChristmasFnatic

2 minutes ago, cineater said:

I think that would be a pretty interesting song if you have an Axl piano and AC/DC guitar collaboration going on.  Would not have seen that coming.  So unexpected.  But it's the internet, we can dream up some shit.

I've heard rumours that they might have used an organ on Rock N' Roll Train, but I don't know if that was true or not. 

The members of AC/DC are not unfamiliar to the piano, but they have never used this instrument on any of the albums. 

On 10/27/2018 at 12:32 PM, James Bond said:

I’m with you. Phil totally phoned it in on River Plate. There’s so many missed fills and accents that he doesn’t even bother with that it takes away from the songs for me. But it’s not just him. The whole band seems tired.

Despite the amazing crowd, they should have picked an earlier show. Brian was fresh from throat surgery and the tour had already been going for a year so he’s pretty rough, and the rest of the band seems drained. Malcolm’s guitar tone is weak (of course we now know the poor guy was struggling to remember the songs let alone pick as heavy as he was known for) and Angus’ energy just isn’t his usual self.

Also sorely missed are some of the extra songs from that tour (High Voltage, Anything Goes).

Definitely not my favourite concert film of theirs to watch. Even with Brian’s shit vocals Stiff Upper Lip Live makes for a more enjoyable experience.

I'm with you on River Plate, especially in regards to Phil. The crowd, and the production are really the only redeeming factors for me. The Black Ice tour was maybe the most bland setlist in AC/DC history to begin with, and then they pick a gig without either High Voltage or Anything Goes (Which, I don't give a damn what anyone says - that's one of my favorites on Black Ice, and it was great live). Malcolm was already suffering from the effects of the dementia. Phil had been phoning it in 2003. Brian sounded rough. 

I rank the live videos the following:

1. Live At Doninton
2. Stiff Upper Lip Live
3. Live At The Circus Krone
4. Let There Be Rock: The Movie
5. Live At River Plate
6. No Bull

Live At Donington reigns supreme - it's one of the best concert films of all time IMO. That is a document of a band at their peak, firing on all cylinders and just ripping loose. 

Stiff Upper Lip Live has great energy, a great stage show, and an amazing setlist. But Brian is a bit weak on it - the's the biggest problem I have with it. 

Live At The Circus Krone is a fun one - another phenomenal setlist, and it's a nice intimate gig. Band is in good form. Doesn't have the "wow" factor of other tours, but I like it as a document of one of the more unique AC/DC tours.

Let There Be Rock: The Movie has big points for being the only Bon release. It loses big points for the documentary format. Not that I have a problem with the interview segments in and of themselves, but when I want to watch a concert film, I want just that. LTBR is the awkward point between a concert and a documentary. 

Live At River Plate I've already discussed.

No Bull comes in last because of the production. Good venue, good crowd. I like the Ballbreaker stage show. The band is in...okay form. But the production of that one never sat well with me.

For the record, I also love Plug Me In, but can't rank it against the others since it's an anthology. But theres some incredible stuff on it, and the deluxe version with a large chunk of a Flick Of The Switch gig is so great. 

15 hours ago, T-Minus said:

Malcolm on his worst day (which incidentally is still absolutely outstanding) is better than Stevie.  No disrespect to Stevie but his sound and tightness and backing vocals are far and away from Mal's level.  Same with Chris Slade's drumming.  The band is a totally different beast when either one, let alone both are missing.

Slade is a fucking great drummer for AC/DC. Doesn't have the sense of swing that Phil does, but he's a goddamn machine and he brings a lot of power to the band. 

On 10/25/2018 at 8:18 AM, Gavin82 said:

Can we get a Brian Johnson Emoji in here please

Yo @downzy, can we make this happen?!? :awesomeface: 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 10/28/2018 at 8:53 PM, Powerage5 said:

I'm with you on River Plate, especially in regards to Phil. The crowd, and the production are really the only redeeming factors for me. The Black Ice tour was maybe the most bland setlist in AC/DC history to begin with, and then they pick a gig without either High Voltage or Anything Goes (Which, I don't give a damn what anyone says - that's one of my favorites on Black Ice, and it was great live). Malcolm was already suffering from the effects of the dementia. Phil had been phoning it in 2003. Brian sounded rough. 

I rank the live videos the following:

1. Live At Doninton
2. Stiff Upper Lip Live
3. Live At The Circus Krone
4. Let There Be Rock: The Movie
5. Live At River Plate
6. No Bull

Live At Donington reigns supreme - it's one of the best concert films of all time IMO. That is a document of a band at their peak, firing on all cylinders and just ripping loose. 

Stiff Upper Lip Live has great energy, a great stage show, and an amazing setlist. But Brian is a bit weak on it - the's the biggest problem I have with it. 

Live At The Circus Krone is a fun one - another phenomenal setlist, and it's a nice intimate gig. Band is in good form. Doesn't have the "wow" factor of other tours, but I like it as a document of one of the more unique AC/DC tours.

Let There Be Rock: The Movie has big points for being the only Bon release. It loses big points for the documentary format. Not that I have a problem with the interview segments in and of themselves, but when I want to watch a concert film, I want just that. LTBR is the awkward point between a concert and a documentary. 

Live At River Plate I've already discussed.

No Bull comes in last because of the production. Good venue, good crowd. I like the Ballbreaker stage show. The band is in...okay form. But the production of that one never sat well with me.

For the record, I also love Plug Me In, but can't rank it against the others since it's an anthology. But theres some incredible stuff on it, and the deluxe version with a large chunk of a Flick Of The Switch gig is so great. 

Slade is a fucking great drummer for AC/DC. Doesn't have the sense of swing that Phil does, but he's a goddamn machine and he brings a lot of power to the band. 

Yo @downzy, can we make this happen?!? :awesomeface: 

Anything Goes is a great track!

• Like 1

On 01/11/2018 at 2:10 AM, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Brian Johnson is among the most untalented people on the planet. Awful voice, zero stage presence, terrible songwriter (not that he's written anything in three decades).

So that begs the scenario, did the band ever make public who else may have got the acdc gig back in 1980 if brian didnt get the job, and were they auditioning other vocalists?.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

So that begs the scenario, did the band ever make public who else may have got the acdc gig back in 1980 if brian didnt get the job, and were they auditioning other vocalists?.

Stevie Wright was one of the candidates. 

Wright.jpg

Edited by Sosso

11 hours ago, Sosso said:

Stevie Wright was one of the candidates. 

Wright.jpg

Sorry sosso i meant who they were auditioning in 1980 when bon scott died. Who else they may have been auditioning  when brian wa as auditioning as well. I have stevue wrights hard road album, so good. Unfortunately by 1980 he was in and out of heroin addiction.

23 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Sorry sosso i meant who they were auditioning in 1980 when bon scott died. Who else they may have been auditioning  when brian wa as auditioning as well. I have stevue wrights hard road album, so good. Unfortunately by 1980 he was in and out of heroin addiction.

Yeah, I was talking about 1980.