2 more Halloween movies

Jamie Lee Curtis posted that there will be two more Halloweens.

One in October of 2020 called Halloween Kills and then the final one (?) in October 2021 called Halloween Ends.

I guess we will see if Laurie Strode finally gets Michael Myers. I mean the guy will be near 70 by the time 2021 comes around. Is he on steroids?

Can't wait to see them and how this series will end?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Whoo hoo!  I love Halloween!

Did you like Halloween 3: Season of the Witch?  A lot of people ragged on it because it had nothing to do with the other movies.  But I liked it, Tom Atkins is awesome and it had some imaginative kill scenes. Plus, the female lead was impressive in more ways than one.

7 hours ago, lame ass security said:

Did you like Halloween 3: Season of the Witch?  A lot of people ragged on it because it had nothing to do with the other movies.  But I liked it, Tom Atkins is awesome and it had some imaginative kill scenes. Plus, the female lead was impressive in more ways than one.

I did yeah.  Horror movie sequels to me are just, I dunno, I REALLY like em.  People say they're shit etc etc but like, especially of those original crop of horror movies like Halloween and them, you've gotta look at em like...exploitation movies.  If you want gore and madness thats what they are about, you don't really watch em like you would Citizen Kane or what have you.  I actually can't remember the fuckin' thing y'know, even though I watched it re-watched it recently :lol: 

I'm cautiously optimistic about this news. As we sit here today, I would rank the Halloween timelines as follows 

1. Halloween, Halloween 2, Halloween H20 (ignoring 8 because it is dreadful)

2. Halloween, Halloween 2018, all the upcoming sequels

3. Halloween, Halloween 2, Halloween 4, Halloween 5, Halloween 6

4. Rob Zombies remake films

While I DO really like the 2018 film, certain aspects felt "off" imo. Most notably ignoring Halloween 2. Halloween 2 just belongs right after 1, it completes that original story. Ignoring it just feels wrong. Not to mention I still feel it's the 2nd best Halloween film overall. I would rate the 2018 film as 3rd best overall, followed closely by H20. 

I just don't feel that any future sequels will surpass Halloween 2 or even H20 for that matter. So the original timeline will always remain my preferred timeline.

Another thing that bothers me about the 2018 film, Laurie has been dwelling on Michael Myers her entire life, yet he ONLY terrorized her that 1 night (Halloween 1). The way her character was written would have made more sense if she HAD lived through Halloween 1, 2, and H20. I would have accepted Laurie more if she HAD experienced a life of terror, as opposed to just 1 night. My wife watches a lot of 20/20, Dateline, etc. Most survivors DO manage to move on after a traumatic event, and find some sort of normalcy with their life. So the Laurie they wrote for Halloween 2018 doesn't feel realistic imo. If they wrote her like that for the 2nd or third film, I would buy that. But, not for the first one. 

Having said all of that, I'm glad they are making films, and glad they (hopefully) will be pretty good as well. Let's be honest this series has some garbage in it (Halloween 5, Halloween 8, both Rob Zombie films). So I'm sure these sequels will be superior to those garbage films, so that's a win imo.

Edited by Iron MikeyJ

47 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

I'm cautiously optimistic about this news. As we sit here today, I would rank the Halloween timelines as follows 

1. Halloween, Halloween 2, Halloween H20 (ignoring 8 because it is dreadful)

2. Halloween, Halloween 2018, all the upcoming sequels

3. Halloween, Halloween 2, Halloween 4, Halloween 5, Halloween 6

4. Rob Zombies remake films

While I DO really like the 2018 film, certain aspects felt "off" imo. Most notably ignoring Halloween 2. Halloween 2 just belongs right after 1, it completes that original story. Ignoring it just feels wrong. Not to mention I still feel it's the 2nd best Halloween film overall. I would rate the 2018 film as 3rd best overall, followed closely by H20. 

I just don't feel that any future sequels will surpass Halloween 2 or even H20 for that matter. So the original timeline will always remain my preferred timeline.

Another thing that bothers me about the 2018 film, Laurie has been dwelling on Michael Myers her entire life, yet he ONLY terrorized her that 1 night (Halloween 1). The way her character was written would have made more sense if she HAD lived through Halloween 1, 2, and H20. I would have accepted Laurie more if she HAD experienced a life of terror, as opposed to just 1 night. My wife watches a lot of 20/20, Dateline, etc. Most survivors DO manage to move on after a traumatic event, and find some sort of normalcy with their life. So the Laurie they wrote for Halloween 2018 doesn't feel realistic imo. If they wrote her like that for the 2nd or third film, I would buy that. But, not for the first one. 

Having said all of that, I'm glad they are making films, and glad they (hopefully) will be pretty good as well. Let's be honest this series has some garbage in it (Halloween 5, Halloween 8, both Rob Zombie films). So I'm sure these sequels will be superior to those garbage films, so that's a win imo.

I think you're way over-thinking this shit man :lol:  As realism goes none of its realistic, its just an excuse to see Michael slap the ol' mask on and go about mullering young birds :lol:

First horror movie I ever saw was a clip from one of the early Halloweens. Been a fan of the genre ever since. I like the first Zombie remake so I guess Im an outsider in the fan base? Looking forward to these!!

Edited by soon

9 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

I did yeah.  Horror movie sequels to me are just, I dunno, I REALLY like em.  People say they're shit etc etc but like, especially of those original crop of horror movies like Halloween and them, you've gotta look at em like...exploitation movies.  If you want gore and madness thats what they are about, you don't really watch em like you would Citizen Kane or what have you.  I actually can't remember the fuckin' thing y'know, even though I watched it re-watched it recently :lol: 

Absolutely agree.  As long as the characters are funny and the kill scenes are good, I'm fine.

18 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Please make all these bad sequels stop!!!

Well, the new Halloween with Jamie Lee Curtis was awesome. These are the follow ups.

This Halloween takes place 40 years after the original Halloween, so it was awesome!

I just hope in the last Halloween, who knows? Michael dies. if not by Laurie's hand then probably by old age! lol He'll probably be around 70 once these movies are done. How the hell can he keep going?

I love all those horror movies. I want them to keep doing Friday the 13 movies too and more Freddy but with Robert, not some other guy.

they did a new Hellrsaier but it suck. They replaced the original pinhead. Come on!

I love the Pumpkinhead movies too. I want more of those too.

The Conjuring 3 comes to movie theatres next year! Can't wait.

Edited by dontdamnmeuyi2015
more horror

3 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

I think you're way over-thinking this shit man :lol:  As realism goes none of its realistic, its just an excuse to see Michael slap the ol' mask on and go about mullering young birds :lol:

Well, the last Halloween made tons of money so that's a given there would be more.

People love horror movies. Every year Dallas has a Frightmare horror convention at an airport hotel and you can't believe the people that go to these things. The guests are always so amazing. The only thing is you spend tons of money. Each actor charges their own money for pictures and autographs.

I've met so many of my horror idols. It's just a cool place to attend and you know you are in great company with all your horror fans too.

10 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Lol

I'm a horror connoisseur from WAY back 😁 So I DO take them overly serious, over analyze, etc. When it comes to Freddy, Jason, Michael Myers and the Evil Dead movies (they are my big 4) I've been watching them since the 80s.

All things considered, you are right though. As long as Michael puts on the mask, and the characters are decent, I'm good. You know me, I gotta over analyze everything, lol. 😁

On 7/24/2019 at 7:09 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Well, the new Halloween with Jamie Lee Curtis was awesome. These are the follow ups.

This Halloween takes place 40 years after the original Halloween, so it was awesome!

I just hope in the last Halloween, who knows? Michael dies. if not by Laurie's hand then probably by old age! lol He'll probably be around 70 once these movies are done. How the hell can he keep going?

I love all those horror movies. I want them to keep doing Friday the 13 movies too and more Freddy but with Robert, not some other guy.

they did a new Hellrsaier but it suck. They replaced the original pinhead. Come on!

I love the Pumpkinhead movies too. I want more of those too.

The Conjuring 3 comes to movie theatres next year! Can't wait.

All utter wank. 

You know the ending of Halloween is perfect and all the dodgy sequels bugger that ending up the arse? Myers is out there and there are shots of the suburbs with the theme tune; there is an implication he could be in your suburb. It would have been great if it ended there rather than doing constant sequels for cash. Same with the Terminators and Alien dualogies and all this other garbage.

Indiana Jones? They brought him out of retirement and he was flying through a cgi jungle like Tarzan. Please make it all stop!!!!!

11 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

All utter wank. 

You know the ending of Halloween is perfect and all the dodgy sequels bugger that ending up the arse? Myers is out there and there are shots of the suburbs with the theme tune; there is an implication he could be in your suburb. It would have been great if it ended there rather than doing constant sequels for cash. Same with the Terminators and Alien dualogies and all this other garbage.

Indiana Jones? They brought him out of retirement and he was flying through a cgi jungle like Tarzan. Please make it all stop!!!!!

While I understand your point, and sequels CAN take away from the magic of the original film, I gotta disagree with you. I can NAME  plenty of sequels that ENHANCED the original film, and built the franchise. Just from those you mentioned Alien and Terminator. While both Alien and Terminator are GREAT films, they are not even the best in their franchises. Aliens and T2 are CLEARLY the best films, and the franchise builders in those series. Erasing THOSE films would have done a disservice to us fans. Same goes for Friday the 13th The Final Chapter (best F13 film), A Nightmare on Elm Street 3 The Dream Warriors (although the original is slightly better), and Evil Dead 2. 

A quality, well done sequel is an amazing thing my friend. Now of course the vast majority are garbage (Halloween 8 for example). When a story is told perfectly, we as fans, want to return to that world, that's the point of a sequel. When it's done properly, I think it's a beautiful thing.

12 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

All utter wank. 

You know the ending of Halloween is perfect and all the dodgy sequels bugger that ending up the arse? Myers is out there and there are shots of the suburbs with the theme tune; there is an implication he could be in your suburb. It would have been great if it ended there rather than doing constant sequels for cash.

Cinematically speaking you are absolutely correct but at the same time people want more Michael more blood more guts more gore, these really aren’t considered cinematic statements in the way you have like, The Godfather where an inferior sequel messes with the overall tapestry, remember the roots of horror movies is like...B movies, double features, disposable cinema, thats the level its recieved on, sort of like exploitation cinema.

Edited by Len Cnut

25 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

Aliens and T2 are CLEARLY the best films

I completely disagree. But I do agree that those sequels are a rare exception of a great sequel. 

A Nightmare on Elm Street 3 The Dream Warriors

Uggh. Cheesy '80s crap.

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

I completely disagree. But I do agree that those sequels are a rare exception of a great sequel. 

Uggh. Cheesy '80s crap.

I LOVE T1 and Alien, but I'm sorry but the sequels are superior in every way (plot, characters, etc). 

As for Dream Warriors, how can you call it "cheesy 80s crap?" Have you not watched it in YEARS. That film is one of the (if not THE) best horror sequels of all time. Robert Englund gives his best performance as Freddy, Nancy returns with a STRONG storyline, it also features truly great cast of teenagers (one of the best ensembles in horror history imo). It has been described by MANY fans as "The ultimate Freddy movie," and I agree. Let's not forget that it was written by Wes Craven. 

1, Dream Warriors and New Nightmare are ALL quality films from that series. I would put 1 and Dream Warriors in my top 80s horror films list and I would put New Nightmare in my top 90s horror films list. All three had Wes Craven involved, and all three had Heather Langenkamp (arguably the best horror final girl). I gotta wonder if you are confusing Dream Warriors with The Dream Master? That one I would give you "80s cheesy crap." But not Dream Warriors, no way, I ain't having it.

Edited by Iron MikeyJ

16 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

LOVE T1 and Alien, but I'm sorry but the sequels are superior in every way (plot, characters, etc). 

Nope, completely disagree. The first two are grittier, darker, more atmospheric. Alien is basically a horror film, in that we see the full force of Giger's horrifying creature. The sequels are excellent sequels but basically big budget action films. 

17 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

As for Dream Warriors, how can you call it "cheesy 80s crap?" Have you not watched it in YEARS. That film is one of the (if not THE) best horror sequels of all time. Robert Englund gives his best performance as Freddy, Nancy returns with a STRONG storyline, it also features truly great cast of teenagers (one of the best ensembles in horror history imo). It has been described by MANY fans as "The ultimate Freddy movie," and I agree. Let's not forget that it was written by Wes Craven. 

1, Dream Warriors and New Nightmare are ALL quality films from that series. I would put 1 and Dream Warriors in my top 80s horror films list and I would put New Nightmare in my top 90s horror films list. All three had Wes Craven involved, and all three had Heather Langenkamp (arguably the best horror final girl). I gotta wonder if you are confusing Dream Warriors with The Dream Master? That one I would give you "80s cheesy crap." But not Dream Warriors, no way, I ain't having it.

The Freddie Kruger, in the sequels, became a comedic joke character. Don't forget in the original he was a paedophile who had been burnt to death by revengeful parents - quite a dark concept. In the sequels he became this slapstick character. There is some shitty '80s soundtrack: ''WE'RE THE DREAM WARRIORS'' by Ratt or Dokkon or one of those godawful bands. Utter tripe.  

Ok... You got me there, lol. T2 is still better though.

Its flashier and fleshier, its softer, it makes commercial concessions (the emotional terminator  who knows now why you cry) but the first one has that dark foreboding-ness in fitting with the tenets of the Tech Noir genre.  You can truly imagine a horrible future with that one because the tone of it is so dark.  The second one really can't compete with the first.

• Like 1