The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

4 minutes ago, Pele said:

I've said I believe just about enough is done to cobble together an album.

And I'm not even joking to suggest it's going to look like the following:

• HardSkool (99 vocal)
  • Atlas Shrugged (99 vocal)
  • Going Down (Duff on Vocal)
  • Rock the Rock (partly joking)
  • Silkworms (99 vocal)
  • New Duff Song
  • Knocking on Heavens Door (99 vocal)
  • The General (07 vocal)
  • Perhaps (99 vocal)
  • PRL (instrumental with Thyme)
  • Children of the Revolution (07 vocal)*
  • Bonus tracks - Blood in the Water and This I Love remix

*If they didn't actually record Children of the Revolution, replace with Light My Fire, Wichita Linesman, Black Hole Sun or even more likely a Johnny Thunders cover sung by Duff.

So you think it's possible that Axl would be bothered to get into the studio and record Black Hole Sun, but he wouldn't be bothered to re-record the vocals to Hardschool if he thought it was necessary? That doesn't add up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pele said:

I've said I believe just about enough is done to cobble together an album.

Uhm, you have argued against an album being finished based on your assumption that Axl hasn't done enough vocal recordings and your theory that Absurd was released only because it was a contractual obligation.

27 minutes ago, Pele said:

Because I don't think he writes much music or does much singing.

Evidence of that being:

• One album in 25 years
  • 80% of said album coming from the 99 sessions
  • New single coming from the leftovers of the 99 sessions
  • Fink leaving because he was tired of working on instrumentals
  • Most of the 99 sessions being instrumentals
  • the 07 sessions comprising mainly of newer versions of the 99 sessions
  • the next single 99% chance coming from the 99 sessions

If a new album comes out, I'll be wrong.  Simple as that

That 99 sessions were the best instrumental sessions ever made, imagine what would happen if the best guitar players, the best bassist, and the best drummers in the world join the best singer of the world to realese some sessions.

Also, Axl voice isn´t in its best level now, 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pele said:

Part of me wouldn't be surprised if they spent a few hours manipulation the existing 'absurd' with pro-tools rather than recording it - but at the very very most, he has recorded a single, solitary word for the song!

And I think that adds to the theory of being forced to release it.

You can imagine this absolute man-child looking over the contract and concluding one single word ticks the 'new vocal' box and he's shouted 'Absurd' because he thinks he's so smart!

Nah, you are not convincing me on this theory at all :lol: Sounds extremely far-fetched.

1 minute ago, PHARAO97 said:

That 99 sessions were the best instrumental sessions ever made, imagine what would happen if the best guitar players, the best bassist, and the best drummers in the world join the best singer of the world to realese some sessions.

Also, Axl voice isn´t in its best level now, 

I would be a very happy fan if GN'R would release CDII with Slash & Duff. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

So you think it's possible that Axl would be bothered to get into the studio and record Black Hole Sun, but he wouldn't be bothered to re-record the vocals to Hardschool if he thought it was necessary? That doesn't add up.

It does add up if he needs another song to complete the album.

He's not going to redo one he's already done.

He's not going to write a new one.

He'll take the path of least resistance and record a quick cover that he is used to singing.

Part of me wouldn't be surprised if they spent a few hours manipulation the existing 'absurd' with pro-tools rather than recording it - but at the very very most, he has recorded a single, solitary word for the song!

And I think that adds to the theory of being forced to release it.

You can imagine this absolute man-child looking over the contract and concluding one single word ticks the 'new vocal' box and he's shouted 'Absurd' because he thinks he's so smart!

It might not be the case at all but you seem to have a real issue with Axl in particular?  Have you had bad dealings with him or something - calling him a man-child etc?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I hope they recorded Don´t Let It Bring You Down in 2012

2 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Nah, you are not convincing me on this theory at all :lol: Sounds extremely far-fetched.

Haha well what's the alternative???

They've thought - right, we've got all these now songs, how best do we announce our comeback to the world?  

I know!!!  Remember that demo from 99 they all hated......

Just now, DTJ80 said:

It might not be the case at all but you seem to have a real issue with Axl in particular?  Have you had bad dealings with him or something - calling him a man-child etc?

Pure frustration, much like the admin of this site now from what I read. 

• Complete inability to communicate with the fan-base 
  • Never releases music

And loads of examples - such as completely disappearing on release of the album in a sulk because they actually made him release it.....

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I don't get how Rock the Rock could be part of the album conversation (except as some kind of proof that Axl has been to a recording studio). It was written by the Looney Tunes producers :lol:

Simply because it exists

2 minutes ago, PHARAO97 said:

I hope they recorded Don´t Let It Bring You Down in 2012

Yeah that's a good song.  Check out Annie Lennox's version, it's lovely.

1 minute ago, Pele said:

• Never releases music

And loads of examples - such as completely disappearing on release of the album in a sulk because they actually made him release it.....

Simply because it exists

Yeah that's a good song.  Check out Annie Lennox's version, it's lovely.

Ok - it’s just reading your posts it seems really personal. Just wondered TBH!

55 minutes ago, Pele said:

Haha yeah you're right with OMG.

That was a demo though don't forget, a working title probably.

I'm expecting 'Millions of Spiders, featuring Slash (99 vocal obviously)

But in all seriousness, I would genuinely expect the tracklist to be as I wrote.  Rock the Rock was a bit of a joke I'll admit, but imagine if last week, I'd have told you to guess which of the following statements were true, what would you say:

• A full version of Rock the Rock will be on the next album
  • They will release a new single, and it will be Silkworms with the same vocal from the village sessions

MIllion Of Spiders? I never heard about that

8 minutes ago, Pele said:

It does add up if he needs another song to complete the album.

He's not going to redo one he's already done.

He's not going to write a new one.

He'll take the path of least resistance and record a quick cover that he is used to singing.

Simply because it exists

Okay, I don't think I can follow your line of thinking any more. I only get that you're going to great lengths to support a far-fetched theory just to deal with your disappointment at Axl for having released so little music.

• Like 2

Just now, Pele said:

Haha well what's the alternative???

They've thought - right, we've got all these now songs, how best do we announce our comeback to the world?  

I know!!!  Remember that demo from 99 they all hated......

Again, Axl has worked on this song since 99, it is obviously an important song to him (despite how much you dislike it). It is not, as you say, just a "demo from 99". We have a leak from 2006 which shows its evolution. And I am never surprised by the marketing decisions made by GN'R, or Axl's behaviour in general. In fact, releasing Absurd as the first single fits well into a pattern of GN'R doing the unexpected. So I don't find it as ludicrous as you do. Besides, it might not be such a weird choice of a first single, either, since it seems to be more accepted among fans than I first expected and might signal what the rest of the music will sound like (not that it is such an abrupt change of musical direction from other things the band has released, especially now with Slash's lead guitar). 

Could it be you just having a hard time coming to terms with your dislike of GN'R's new single and thus you construct elaborate theories for why it was released -- including that they have not much else to release and was contractually obligated to release one new song adn to include at least one new recorded word -- rather than simply accept that the band wanted to release this specific song now?

9 minutes ago, Pele said:

• Never releases music

Uhm, they released a new song less than a week ago. You should be happy now. Are you just trolling?

24 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Again, Axl has worked on this song since 99, it is obviously an important song to him (despite how much you dislike it). It is not, as you say, just a "demo from 99". We have a leak from 2006 which shows its evolution. And I am never surprised by the marketing decisions made by GN'R, or Axl's behaviour in general. In fact, releasing Absurd as the first single fits well into a pattern of GN'R doing the unexpected. So I don't find it as ludicrous as you do. Besides, it might not be such a weird choice of a first single, either, since it seems to be more accepted among fans than I first expected and might signal what the rest of the music will sound like (not that it is such an abrupt change of musical direction from other things the band has released, especially now with Slash's lead guitar). 

Could it be you just having a hard time coming to terms with your dislike of GN'R's new single and thus you construct elaborate theories for why it was released -- including that they have not much else to release and was contractually obligated to release one new song adn to include at least one new recorded word -- rather than simply accept that the band wanted to release this specific song now?

The 'evolution' is he got the new musicians to play over the old, leaving his part untouched (except remove a line of vocal).

You make it sound like he himself has been rewriting verses, re-recording vocals etc!

21 minutes ago, PHARAO97 said:

Oh My God is an official realese, it would be like they re-realese SFTD in the next album

It was, but people didn't like it so he wrote a big essay telling us all it was only a demo....

1 minute ago, Pele said:

The 'evolution' is he got the new musicians to play over the old, leaving his part untouched (except remove a line of vocal).

You make it sound like he himself has been rewriting verses, re-recording vocals etc!

I would be extremely surprised if Axl wasn't involved in the decision to keep working on the song, asking Bumble to add guitars, removing the chorus, changing the arrangement, recording at least some new vocals, etc. So to repeat myself, Axl has worked on this song since 99 and it obviously means a lot to him. 

27 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Okay, I don't think I can follow your line of thinking any more. I only get that you're going to great lengths to support a far-fetched theory just to deal with your disappointment at Axl for having released so little music.

Well what do you think is more likely.

Option 1

Axl accepted a huge offer from Live Nation for the tour.  Part of the offer consisted of supplying them with a new song that they could use as promotion during the second leg (a very common request these days).  Rose agreed, but didn't actually get round to writing/recording a new song. They were able to ascertain that they could use an existing song, but it needed to have new parts from everyone, so he added the word 'Absurd' and got Slash and Duff to record parts and submitted it.

OR

Option 2

Guns n' Roses are back and have a brand new album of songs ready to go.  They have decided they are ready to showcase what they have been working on, so they want to release a single!  Together, they all agree Silkworms is the PERFECT song to get the public excited for their new album!  By sheer luck and co-incidence, Rose has finished his vocal back in 1999, so he didn't have to do anything - but don't worry, all the other songs of the new album will have fresh new lyrics and vocals!

There is no new album.

They got nothing.

Since 2016 the only stuff that hasn't been done live in a while was a 30 year old outtake (Shadow Of Your Love from 1986 previously officially released as a b-side to Live And Let Die single in 1991) and another 20 year old outtake from the Chinese Democracy sessions (Silkworms aka Absurd, performed live for the first time at Rock in Rio in 2001)

These are not new songs! These are outtakes they haven't performed live for a long time, but they already performed them in concerts decades ago. Like dusting off deep cuts, just nowhere near the quality of the deep cuts.

Up next will be yet another 20 year old outtake from the Chinese Democracy sessions, named Hearts Cool or however those dyslexic motherfuckers gonna spell it.

5 years of "reunion" = 3 outtakes and some covers.

If there will ever be another GNR album, it's likely going to be a doggy bag filled with cold, stale, raw, overcooked, half-baked and half rotten lefftovers. Duff might throw in a punk song while Slash will be noodling to vocals Axl recorded 20 years ago.

They are done.

2 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I would be extremely surprised if Axl wasn't involved in the decision to keep working on the song, asking Bumble to add guitars, removing the chorus, changing the arrangement, recording at least some new vocals, etc. So to repeat myself, Axl has worked on this song since 99 and it obviously means a lot to him. 

Yeah me too. 

I'd suggest his involvement in that was as follows:

Email from Axl to Caram in 2006.

Hi Caram,

Please ask Bumblefoot to record a guitar solo for Silkworms so it contains the current line-up.  Once done, paste over the old solo.  Also, I don't like the 'Bitch Like You' part - get rid of it.

Thanks

1 minute ago, Pele said:

Well what do you think is more likely.

Option 1

Axl accepted a huge offer from Live Nation for the tour.  Part of the offer consisted of supplying them with a new song that they could use as promotion during the second leg (a very common request these days).  Rose agreed, but didn't actually get round to writing/recording a new song. They were able to ascertain that they could use an existing song, but it needed to have new parts from everyone, so he added the word 'Absurd' and got Slash and Duff to record parts and submitted it.

OR

Option 2

Guns n' Roses are back and have a brand new album of songs ready to go.  They have decided they are ready to showcase what they have been working on, so they want to release a single!  Together, they all agree Silkworms is the PERFECT song to get the public excited for their new album!  By sheer luck and co-incidence, Rose has finished his vocal back in 1999, so he didn't have to do anything - but don't worry, all the other songs of the new album will have fresh new lyrics and vocals!

None. You have yet to come up with an explanation why the song is not being promoted by LN at all or by the band as a comeback single.

• Like 1