Street Performers in Covent Garden

spunko12345

Absolute cunts to a man. I'm walking down the street and there are three grown adults fannying about so I stop and watch them for a bit just to try and understand why anyone would demean themselves so much.

I walked on when one said that we should be paying more for street artists and we should give at least a fiver.

What a racket. 

6 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

Absolute cunts to a man. I'm walking down the street and there are three grown adults fannying about so I stop and watch them for a bit just to try and understand why anyone would demean themselves so much.

I walked on when one said that we should be paying more for street artists and we should give at least a fiver.

What a racket. 

What the heck are you doing in Covent Garden?

Yes, that is London for you. ''£6 per pint London''.

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

What the heck are you doing in Covent Garden?

Yes, that is London for you. ''£6 per pint London''.

It's like walking along the street and suddenly hearing a shout "HEY! LOOK HERE...SURPRISE!!" and then as you turn and look an invoice is pressed into your hand.

Edited by spunko12345

3 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

It's like walking along the street and suddenly hearing a shout "HEY! LOOKE HERE...SURPRISE!!" and then as you turn and look an invoice is pressed into your hand.

It's like in Marrakech where they set the monkeys* on you and by the time you've fought the little fuckers off, had a rabies shot and wiped the shit off your head they want 50 dirham for the privilege. :lol: 

*monkeys. actual fucking monkeys. :lol: 

Edited by Dazey
  • Haha 4

The brass neck on some people! 

While there's a place for buskers, if I enjoy a musician I see playing, I'm more likely to download their music and enjoy it that way. Nobody carries cash on them like they used to. 

In the summer I did give to a busker on the underground as he was playing Stairway. A song worth paying for. 

1 hour ago, Gracii Guns said:

The brass neck on some people! 

While there's a place for buskers, if I enjoy a musician I see playing, I'm more likely to download their music and enjoy it that way. Nobody carries cash on them like they used to. 

In the summer I did give to a busker on the underground as he was playing Stairway. A song worth paying for. 

Whereas I would pay him to stop haha!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

In London, a few of the pubs put this gizmo out on the counter first and when I said ''I wanted to pay cash'' they would produce a face like a smacked arse. Strange place. 

I've never gotten a face like a smacked arse on paying cash but yeah they are predominantly card.  I prefer carrying a card these days, I carry a phone and a big fuck off vaporiser as it is, the less shit I have in my pockets the better.  Never had a wallet in my life, can't stand em.  Ain't got fuck all to put in it anyway, only got the one debit card, no credit cards, driving lisence i don't see the point of carrying around with me all the time.  Oyster card I suppose I have on me a fair bit. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

I've never gotten a face like a smacked arse on paying cash but yeah they are predominantly card.  I prefer carrying a card these days, I carry a phone and a big fuck off vaporiser as it is, the less shit I have in my pockets the better.  Never had a wallet in my life, can't stand em.  Ain't got fuck all to put in it anyway, only got the one debit card, no credit cards, driving lisence i don't see the point of carrying around with me all the time.  Oyster card I suppose I have on me a fair bit. 

You big city woofter. 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

In London, a few of the pubs put this gizmo out on the counter first and when I said ''I wanted to pay cash'' they would produce a face like a smacked arse. Strange place. 

I never carry cash. Don’t see the point. Why does anybody need to use cash in 2020? It’s so much easier to keep track of your spending using a card and you don’t have to ruin all your pockets with a tonne of fucking shrapnel. :lol: 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dazey said:

I never carry cash. Don’t see the point. Why does anybody need to use cash in 2020? It’s so much easier to keep track of your spending using a card and you don’t have to ruin all your pockets with a tonne of fucking shrapnel. :lol: 

I feel we've had this conversation before?

It is just completely alien to me, using cards, and makes me feel uncomfortable; I prefer the feeling of, the cash you have in your pocket indicates the cash you are able to spend. Also, I am too old-fashioned to change. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Dazey said:

I don't give a shit about keeping track of my spending, I just dont wanna carry a load of shit with me if I can help it. 

12 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I feel we've had this conversation before?

It is just completely alien to me, using cards, and makes me feel uncomfortable; I prefer the feeling of, the cash you have in your pocket indicates the cash you are able to spend. Also, I am too old-fashioned to change. 

I don't, its horrible, especially when you're on the fly because I just end up with a load of crumpled notes in all different pockets.  Its so tiresome, always digging into your pockets to get the right change out, then you get sick of that and start giving the big notes everywhere just to quicken things up and you end up with a load of fivers and sharpnel in your pockets, its proper annoying.  Also, flashing cash everywhere you're an invitiation to getting robbed.

Edited by Len Cnut

3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

don't, its horrible, especially when you're on the fly because I just end up with a load of crumpled notes in all different pockets.  Its so tiresome, always digging into your pockets to get the right change out, then you get sick of that and start giving the big notes everywhere just to quicken things up and you end up with a load of fivers and sharpnel in your pockets, its proper annoying. 

Middle class problem. Man the fuck up!! 

8 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I don't, its horrible, especially when you're on the fly because I just end up with a load of crumpled notes in all different pockets.  Its so tiresome, always digging into your pockets to get the right change out, then you get sick of that and start giving the big notes everywhere just to quicken things up and you end up with a load of fivers and sharpnel in your pockets, its proper annoying.  Also, flashing cash everywhere you're an invitiation to getting robbed.

you're like my dad. back in the day, whenever I asked him money, he would look in all his pockets until he went "oh, what have we got here", and flash 100 euro out of his chest pocket. he was like this comic book character that you see walking the streets, leaving a trail of banknotes behind him

Just now, Len Cnut said:

Yeah, I'm gonna go walking around the streets with a big fuckin' wedge in my pocket just to show everyone how working class I am :lol:

Nobody is mentioning class but you acting like a pansy. What did you used to do when you used cash? Empty your granny's penny jar into your pocket like ballast? It has never possessed any problems for me, nor many others. The lower denomination worthless stuff such as 5 pence I chuck into the charity bucket on the bar. 

Furthermore, you gotta use the card anyway to get the fuckin' money out of the machine to then take that money to go pay for shit, unless your working cash in hand artexing or whatever, whats the fuckin' point, you might as well use the card to pay for shit surely, since you're using the cunt anyway.  'I like the feeling of cash in my hand', there's something fuckin' OCD about that, you're willing to go that far out of our way just to grope a fuckin' tenner :lol:

Nobody is mentioning class but you acting like a pansy.

Well alright then, I'll be the poof :lol:  But not the middle class poof, thats taking things too far!

What did you used to do when you used cash? Empty your granny's penny jar into your pocket like ballast?

Yeah, cuz I had to, why would I do that now, why complicate things that are just simple now.  There was a time when you had to get up and change the channel on the telly but there's remotes now :lol:

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

You are buggered in many countries outside the international hotels. Even in Prague where I was, many restaurants only accepted koruna. Not every country is a woofter country like the UK

Two fuckin' world wars mate, we proved who the fuckin' big dick is long ago :lol:

2 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Well alright then, I'll be the poof :lol:  But not the middle class poof, thats taking things too far!

Yeah, cuz I had to, why would I do that now, why complicate things that are just simple now.  There was a time when you had to get up and change the channel on the telly but there's remotes now :lol:

Two fuckin' world wars mate, we proved who the fuckin' big dick is long ago :lol:

I bet those cards work a treat in Pakistan? What is the urdu for, ''what is that city boy woofter doing with that card?''?