GNR WOMEN'S CHAT 2020 *NEW*

janrichmond

24 minutes ago, Ratam said:

Axl look on these pic like an redhead chinese.

Haha! He totally does :lol: he was cute, in a goofy way. I'd love to see the women's section blow up again, I literally sat with a pot of coffee one night and read through all the old ones when I first joined here. I learned more about this band from you all than I did anywhere else 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BluegrassBlues said:

Haha! He totally does :lol: he was cute, in a goofy way. I'd love to see the women's section blow up again, I literally sat with a pot of coffee one night and read through all the old ones when I first joined here. I learned more about this band from you all than I did anywhere else 

Yes, few years ago Women's thread was enough active.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ratam said:

Yes, few years ago Women's thread was enough active.

It seemed like you guys had a lot of fun with it too :heart: I sure had a lot reading through them. Also, since we're here can you guys hep me settle a debate/argument I'm having with my cousin about this pic :lol: its so dumb but she's insisting Axl is carrying a purse while I think its a messenger bag lol 

IMG_0757.JPG

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Rindmelon said:

there's a few pics in the 80's where he does too. there could be a relative in his family tree who is somewhere. who knows

His family tree, as far back as I could go based on last names, is all either Scottish/English/Irish (from his father's side) or German/Jewish German (from his mother's side).

Maybe he had some kind of allergy that affected his eyes :lol:

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

His family tree, as far back as I could go based on last names, is all either Scottish/English/Irish (from his father's side) or German/Jewish German (from his mother's side).

Pics from the 80's where i noticed it i always assumed it was just weed :lol:.

anyway i shouldn't be in the ladies room sorry, just thought i'd pop my head around the door and see what goes on in here.

Edited by Rindmelon
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

He has almond-shaped eyes.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

@Blackstarwhat an interesting read! The guy Is not denying the physical abuse, but Axl himself told His stepdad was a pastor? This guy Is saying no.

Axl never said his stepfather was a pastor. He only talked about the strict religious environment he was brought up in and also about his stepfather doing stuff like speaking in tongues. Probably a journalist misinterpreted that as being a pastor and then the rumour stuck.

From what I found in the local newspaper it was clear that he wasn't a pastor. There were articles about him from the time he worked at the Lily plant and when he owned the donuts shop, as well as ads for his work as a contractor. He taught in Sunday School for a while, but that was it - Axl's mother was the one who taught there the most. What the person on Reddit shared about Axl's stepfather's and stepgrandfather's profiles in the local community is exactly how they came across in the newspaper stories.

Why His grandma Rose was not allowed to see Axl? 

I guess because of what had happened with Axl's biological father (although it doesn't seem that the rest of the Rose family was to blame for any of that) and mostly because they hadn't told Axl that his father was someone else and not Stephen Bailey).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Axl never said his stepfather was a pastor. He only talked about the strict religious environment he was brought up in and also about his stepfather doing stuff like speaking in tongues. Probably a journalist misinterpreted that as being a pastor and then the rumour stuck.

From what I found in the local newspaper it was clear that he wasn't a pastor. There were articles about him from the time he worked at the Lily plant and when he owned the donuts shop, as well as ads for his work as a contractor. He taught in Sunday School for a while, but that was it - Axl's mother was the one who taught there the most. What the person on Reddit shared about Axl's stepfather's and stepgrandfather's profiles in the local community is exactly how they came across in the newspaper stories.

I guess because of what had happened with Axl's biological father (although it doesn't seem that the rest of the Rose family was to blame for any of that) and mostly because they hadn't told Axl that his father was someone else and not Stephen Bailey).

Thank you!  I Will ask. His biological father hurt him as a baby? It was the sexual abuse as a baby real?

2 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Thank you!  I Will ask. His biological father hurt him as a baby? It was the sexual abuse as a baby real?

That's hard to tell. The parts about his biological father kidnapping him and hurting his mother seem to be real, but the part about the sexual abuse is questionable because it was the result of regression therapy.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

That's hard to tell. The parts about his biological father kidnapping him and hurting his mother seem to be real, but the part about the sexual abuse is questionable because it was the result of regression therapy.

But never was in court papers? Ok...I so hope It was just a not accurate memory. I saw that baby picture AND my God what a beauty AND hope he had not suffer that awful trauma

Just now, Georgina Arriaga said:

But never was in court papers? Ok...I so hope It was just a not accurate memory. I saw that baby picture AND my God what a beauty AND hope he had not suffer that awful trauma

The kidnapping was in court papers, but the abuse is something that is very hard to have evidence for.

2 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

I mean, the same poster confirmed in the comments of another post that Axl's stepfather sexually abused him until he was a teen. It's sad, and I hope Axl didn't have to suffer that from his biological father too.

4 minutes ago, meadsoap said:

I mean, the same poster confirmed in the comments of another post that Axl's stepfather sexually abused him until he was a teen. It's sad, and I hope Axl didn't have to suffer that from his biological father too.

Where did they confirm that? I only saw a comment by them (in a thread about the Tom Zutaut quote, I think) saying they hadn't heard anything about sexual abuse by his stepfather (but the family believes that he could have abused Amy).

8 minutes ago, meadsoap said:

Could you please post the link to their comments about that? I'd like to read that if you can 

8 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Where did they confirm that? I only saw a comment by them (in a thread about the Tom Zutaut quote, I think) saying they hadn't heard anything about sexual abuse by his stepfather (but the family believes that he could have abused Amy).

This is it. The poster was commenting under a comment that was describing Axl's life as a kid. He said that everything in the comment was correct, except for the fact that Steven Bailey wasn't a Pastor.

As for the comment you're referring to, they just said they didn't know and hadn't seen Axl talk about it (or even any abuse, up until the Rolling Stone interview), but wouldn't be surprised if it happened.

"As for the sexual abuse. No one knows for sure. I mean there were zero signs and no one ever witnessed any kind of abuse, but he put on a great front and the kids never let on there was any kind of abuse until The Rolling Stones interview. ... Has Axl ever confirmed the sexual abuse? I’ve never seen him discuss any sexual abuse except by his real dad, but I haven’t read every single thing he’s ever said either. I wouldn’t doubt it though..."

Edited by meadsoap

6 minutes ago, meadsoap said:

This is it. The poster was commenting under a comment that was describing Axl's life as a kid. He said that everything in the comment was correct, except for the fact that Steven Bailey wasn't a Pastor.

As for the comment you're referring to, they just said they didn't know and hadn't seen Axl talk about it (or even any abuse, up until the Rolling Stone interview), but wouldn't be surprised if it happened.

"As for the sexual abuse. No one knows for sure. I mean there were zero signs and no one ever witnessed any kind of abuse, but he put on a great front and the kids never let on there was any kind of abuse until The Rolling Stones interview. ... Has Axl ever confirmed the sexual abuse? I’ve never seen him discuss any sexual abuse except by his real dad, but I haven’t read every single thing he’s ever said either. I wouldn’t doubt it though..."

Basically they never personally witnessed abuse, physical or otherwise. They also claim nobody knew about the kids being abused at all until the interview where they said it publicly. (I'm kind of skeptical about that tbh)

They also said they didn't see Axl talk about any sexual abuse from his stepfather, which makes me think that this person (whoever they are) is not actually so close to Axl and his siblings. It seems to be a known thing among Axl's actual social circle judging by how casually both Tom Zutaut and Beta Lebeis referred to it before. 

Edited by meadsoap

I'm skeptical about no other family member's knowing as well, but I do think this person is being honest about knowing them, especially with the pictures they posted. Maybe they meant it in the way of that is how things were done back then and it was not considered abuse? Idk I'm probably wrong on that, but going off the pic in Yesterdays of Axl with the black eye, I highly doubt it was the only one he ever got. You can explain one away, but not multiple, and people had to see that. Which that's just me speculating, maybe they really didn't know 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, meadsoap said:

"As for the sexual abuse. No one knows for sure. I mean there were zero signs and no one ever witnessed any kind of abuse, but he put on a great front and the kids never let on there was any kind of abuse until The Rolling Stones interview. ... Has Axl ever confirmed the sexual abuse? I’ve never seen him discuss any sexual abuse except by his real dad, but I haven’t read every single thing he’s ever said either. I wouldn’t doubt it though...

Taking the second comment into account, the first one can't be considered confirmation (they say "a lot of accuracy" anyway, which is vague), as this person (or anyone in the family, for that matter) wouldn't be in position to confirm it.

It's likely that it did happen, but this person wouldn't know.

• Like 2