GNR WOMEN'S CHAT 2020 *NEW*

janrichmond

2 hours ago, BucketEgg said:

Reveal hidden contents

Axl Rose. My dad's cousin dated him back in the day, and he abused her, mentally and physically, so badly that she put a gun in her mouth.... she's got the mental capacity of a four year old these days.

On the other hand, I've never heard bad things about Kylie Minogue. Dad was a pilot for British Airways, and she came up to the cockpit and was really interested in what everything did and how it worked before walking the length of the aircraft and giving every crew member the address of her hotel so she could invite them all to a party that night.

And there's this other unreliable reddit story

https://www.mygnrforum.com/topic/225936-these-internet-people-say-they-totally-met-guns-n-roses-collection-of-tales/#comment-4993741

where Axl doesn't want a lady to use a filthy bathroom, because he prefers that people (including himself) to shit in a box, and then offers to walk alongside her to Denny's since she'd rather not use a box.

That last one Axl has talked about himself. He used to use a box because the bathroom in the Hell House was so filthy as to be unusable. He thought just shitting in a box and throwing the box away was cleaner than interacting with the filth in the bathroom. And tbh, he was probably right. It plays into the neatfreak rumors more than anything.

Other than that, it's just two random stories on Reddit decades apart with none of the same details (of which either could be made up). It's not that much of a pattern to me, just like the fisting stories you posted earlier. 

1 hour ago, meadsoap said:

That last one Axl has talked about himself. He used to use a box because the bathroom in the Hell House was so filthy as to be unusable. He thought just shitting in a box and throwing the box away was cleaner than interacting with the filth in the bathroom. And tbh, he was probably right. It plays into the neatfreak rumors more than anything.

yeah that one was an example of someone writing a story where axl acts more like a normal person when it came to poop-related stuff, in contrast to some of the more wild claims, showing how the characterisation of people in unverifiable stories can be very different

Edited by BucketEgg
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Those Reddit stories are wild :lol: who the fuck would take the time to make up such shit (shit :lol:

What about the woman who he supposedly abused - what time frame is that from? 

the person didn't give a timeframe at all. for a vague story with no evidence, damn that user was effective at writing a horror story in two sentences.

even though internet stories have no reliable or any information, sometimes they're hilarious or fascinating in a whacked out way, which is why i like looking for them :D

my favourite story people have found so far is the axl at the bowling alley story that was posted in women's thread 2

Edited by BucketEgg
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, BucketEgg said:

the person didn't give a timeframe at all. for a vague story with no evidence, damn that user was effective at writing a horror story in two sentences.

even though internet stories have no reliable or any information, sometimes they're hilarious or fascinating in a whacked out way, which is why i like looking for them :D

my favourite story people have found so far is the axl at the bowling alley story that was posted in women's thread 2

I know right, so annoying, they said back in the day but how far back in the day lol Axl has been famous a long time. 

I don’t think they can mean Indiana so going to assume they mean in the 80s and the band were at the Hell House/the little studio place. 

22 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

These are more likely to be true (not because they're nicer, but because they just seem more plausible):

I met him in real life at a cafe in Everet, WA just before he did a concert.. we chatted a bit (me not knowing who he was, even though i was heading to HIS concert) he was funny and genually a cool dude.. noteably no bad smell to him, that i remember.

-I've told this story a million time to friends and family that couldn't belive that i had coffee with Axl and didn't know it. he even said to me "I'll see you at the concert, I'll be in the front!" lol, yah he was in the front alright.I think he knew something was up when i was just chatting with him like any normal person and telling him i'm in town for the Guns and Roses concert and he was like "me too!" and i was like "Really? that's awesome! how many have you been to?" and he just gave me a huge smile and was like "ahh man, pretty much all of them" and i still didn't get the hint. lol, we talked about a few other things, but those were the highlights of him messing with me.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/14x1x1q/comment/jrm7q46/?utm_source=reddit&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

See, I’m so confused about Axl Rose. I’ve heard he’s an asshole on stage but now have two accounts of him being kind offstage.

There’s your account, and then one from a local music store owner, as follows:

The shop owner had some decent stuff, a few off-brand items and a lot of consignments, but it mostly made its money on “cool” stuff. “This guitar was owned by so-and-so” type of shop. The rest of the money and probably the most consistent stream of income was through guitar lessons, since the owner was a session/touring guitarist for a while and really knew his stuff.

On his walls he had lots of photos of him performing live with various bands big and small, him in the studio, him with various rock icons, etc. He said he even did recording for some major bands when “their guys were too drunk or high to play their parts”. One of those photos was of him, Axl, and some probably 12-year-old kid with a Les Paul.

So this background may have been how he ended up with (presumably) one of Slash’s previously-owned guitars or at least the same model, among other unique instruments.

About the picture: apparently there’s this kid who would show up almost every day after school but never bought anything because he didn’t have the money for it, but the shop owner liked him so he’d let him come in and noodle around on some of the cheaper models, let him look through the lesson books, would give him pointers, etc.

Well one fateful day, he’s in there playing, and who walks in but Axl Rose himself. Apparently knew the shop owner, they chatted, Axl comments on the kid playing and says he’s pretty good, the owner says he’s in here all the time, gets better every day, etc. Axl asks the owner if the kid knows any GnR? So the shop owner calls to the kid to play some GnR and he does, and Axl points at the Les Paul on the top shelf and asks what the price is on it, the owner tells him, and Axl says “don’t let the kid leave here without it,” buys the guitar for the kid, kid is dumbfounded, and they take a picture together to commemorate the event.

The end.

Pretty nice I think.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/14x1x1q/comment/jroyy6n/?utm_source=reddit&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

that's something i love about internet stories about Axl in particular, there's such a variety in them. There's the more average mild ones, and then some are either on the "He's such a nice guy!" end, or they're on the "He's a massive douche!" end.

i've found a whole bunch of axl stories bookmarked back when third-party reddit search tools worked, i should get around to posting them when i have the time.

I haven't gotten around to posting the ones I found yet, but the Axl  and izzy (or bill and jeff as some call them), and Shannon Hoon stories from this facebook group is pretty neat

https://www.facebook.com/groups/212841998764020/search?q=axl

Edited by BucketEgg
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

These are more likely to be true (not because they're nicer, but because they just seem more plausible):

I met him in real life at a cafe in Everet, WA just before he did a concert.. we chatted a bit (me not knowing who he was, even though i was heading to HIS concert) he was funny and genually a cool dude.. noteably no bad smell to him, that i remember.

-I've told this story a million time to friends and family that couldn't belive that i had coffee with Axl and didn't know it. he even said to me "I'll see you at the concert, I'll be in the front!" lol, yah he was in the front alright.I think he knew something was up when i was just chatting with him like any normal person and telling him i'm in town for the Guns and Roses concert and he was like "me too!" and i was like "Really? that's awesome! how many have you been to?" and he just gave me a huge smile and was like "ahh man, pretty much all of them" and i still didn't get the hint. lol, we talked about a few other things, but those were the highlights of him messing with me.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/14x1x1q/comment/jrm7q46/?utm_source=reddit&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

See, I’m so confused about Axl Rose. I’ve heard he’s an asshole on stage but now have two accounts of him being kind offstage.

There’s your account, and then one from a local music store owner, as follows:

The shop owner had some decent stuff, a few off-brand items and a lot of consignments, but it mostly made its money on “cool” stuff. “This guitar was owned by so-and-so” type of shop. The rest of the money and probably the most consistent stream of income was through guitar lessons, since the owner was a session/touring guitarist for a while and really knew his stuff.

On his walls he had lots of photos of him performing live with various bands big and small, him in the studio, him with various rock icons, etc. He said he even did recording for some major bands when “their guys were too drunk or high to play their parts”. One of those photos was of him, Axl, and some probably 12-year-old kid with a Les Paul.

So this background may have been how he ended up with (presumably) one of Slash’s previously-owned guitars or at least the same model, among other unique instruments.

About the picture: apparently there’s this kid who would show up almost every day after school but never bought anything because he didn’t have the money for it, but the shop owner liked him so he’d let him come in and noodle around on some of the cheaper models, let him look through the lesson books, would give him pointers, etc.

Well one fateful day, he’s in there playing, and who walks in but Axl Rose himself. Apparently knew the shop owner, they chatted, Axl comments on the kid playing and says he’s pretty good, the owner says he’s in here all the time, gets better every day, etc. Axl asks the owner if the kid knows any GnR? So the shop owner calls to the kid to play some GnR and he buy buy does, and Axl points at the Les Paul on the top shelf and asks what the price is on it, the owner tells him, and Axl says “don’t let the kid leave here without it,” buys the guitar for the kid, kid is dumbfounded, and they take a picture together to commemorate the event.

The end.

Pretty nice I think.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/14x1x1q/comment/jroyy6n/?utm_source=reddit&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

How amazing is it story of the kid that Axl buy the guitar! Just hope it be real.

• Like 1

I wonder if sometimes it’s a case of mistaken identity too because Axl wouldn’t check into a hotel as Axl so could be other rock stars that look like Axl.

I once saw a story from someone who mum was an air stewardess years ago, she said Axl was disgusting because he exposed himself on a plane and pissed in public view and then was arrested when they landed - someone tried to tell her it was Izzy that did that but she said her mum was adamant she saw Axl do it :lol:

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I wonder if sometimes it’s a case of mistaken identity too because Axl wouldn’t check into a hotel as Axl so could be other rock stars that look like Axl.

I once saw a story from someone who mum was an air stewardess years ago, she said Axl was disgusting because he exposed himself on a plane and pissed in public view and then was arrested when they landed - someone tried to tell her it was Izzy that did that but she said her mum was adamant she saw Axl do it :lol:

How you can to confuse Axl with Izzy? 😄

On 9/4/2023 at 11:39 AM, janrichmond said:

No, he doesn't. He was a massive cokehead, unless you don't consider coke a drug

That's one thing I'll totally agree on, I know its been said how Axl was never a "junkie" but even as a huge fan of his some of his behaviors can't be explained down to mental health only. He even had the cokehead look, if that makes sense lol 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, BluegrassBlues said:

That's one thing I'll totally agree on, I know its been said how Axl was never a "junkie" but even as a huge fan of his some of his behaviors can't be explained down to mental health only. He even had the cokehead look, if that makes sense lol 

When? 

8 hours ago, Alja said:

When? 

Honestly its hard to explain, when you've been around people who are drug users they just have a look about them. But with Axl at some points during the UYI tour he looked like he weighed all of 90 pounds, and I don't think it was just from running around on stage lol, there's a reason so many supermodels like coke, it'll drop weight off you like crazy. Also in some concerts he'd be rubbing the side of his face or nose, after party photos he'd be looking flushed with blown pupils, all signs of coke use. And I know he's naturally hyper, but in some he is more than just hyped up lol, that combined with other stories makes me believe he loved his cocaine 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BluegrassBlues said:

Honestly it’s hard to explain, when you've been around people who are drug users they just have a look about them. 

He does kind of have the look of a long term coke head, kind of like their teeth have sunken in or gone, not meth head bad but ya know looking like their bone structure around the nose and teeth has gone to hell

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

He does kind of have the look of a long term coke head, kind of like their teeth have sunken in or gone, not meth head bad but ya know looking like their bone structure around the nose and teeth has gone to hell

Yes! That's exactly what it is, I wouldn't be shocked if he still did a bump or two here and there 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/27/2023 at 11:05 AM, meadsoap said:

He's a promoter. It's his actual job title. It's in the article you guys are insistent on believing.

What a tough job. Getting pretty girls to party with celebs and drink for free. Yeah, he’s a real fuckin genius innovator lol. 
sounds like a grifter to me, and it’s a shame talented people allow him to latch onto them. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Blackstar said:

@Ratam I'm following up re: Axl's stepfather here (I think this thread is more suitable for this than the other one in the main section).

I just came across a post on GN'R Subreddit from a few months ago that has some comments by a person who seems to really know Axl's family, and that person confirmed that his stepfather is still alive.

They shared a lot of interesting information about the family and Axl's relationship with them, and their descriptions of the family match what I had found in my "creepy" research in the archives of the local newspaper.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GunsNRoses/comments/155jwpx/axls_stepfather_in_appetite_for_destructions/

They also shared a couple of unseen before pics of Axl's parents and of little Axl with his stepfather (it's really his stepfather, as it's the same guy as in a school year book pic of him I had found and posted in the old WT):

axl_st11.jpg

I see in their profile that they have commented on other threads, too (these discussions on Reddit look as if the old WT has moved there, lol).

Wow! It is great find! I hope it can now attract forum members at women's section, because until now is an abandonad ship. It pic with Axl and his stepfather is incredible, how nice baby! Thanks @Blackstar

• Like 4

That was a really interesting read, that person seems legit too. They mentioned stuff I have never heard about, it just makes his home life seem even sadder now, especially about how hard he tried to get his parents to come see him play when he was trying to work it out. 

Also I can't imagine Axl building a shelf in a shop class lol, I'm not sure if you all scrolled that far down in their post but I'm dying to see it now :lol: 

• Like 3