Appetite for Distortion - Frank Ferrer talks PSSR, Mule Kick, and Guns N' Roses drumming | Ep. 195

9 hours ago, Top-Hatted One said:

or they are writing and recording with a More renowned studio drummer with no interest in touring,  like a Josh Freese type 

They would never do that. They can keep Freese's drumming on an unreleased song like Hardschool, but they wouldn't hire someone now just to record it. Especially considering Frank already made contributions in CDs.

Hey Brando, never mind these people who hate that you didn’t ask THEIR questions! They don’t have the connections, ability to hold a conversation, or the personality to do what you do.

Any member on here would be doing backflips if they would be able to talk to any GnR member for over an hour! If people are going to cry about what’s said or not said on your podcast, they need to not listen or start their own!

Keep up the great work! I think it’s pretty cook you get to talk to rockstars on a regular basis, and share it with us!

• GNFNR 1

2 hours ago, Ifdworld said:

jesus, that was the best time i've had watching a podcast! Please do one with Brain and Frank... you could even invite matt... Awesome job brando

Why stop there. Make it the drummers special episode with Rob, Steven, Matt, Chris Vrenna, Josh Freese, Brian and Frank :lol:

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

Frank is a good dude. You can tell he is super uncomfortable anytime there's any mention of 'future' and 'gnr' though. I wish that would change and they'd let the guys speak if they want to, obviously keep some things close to.the chest! But like 4yrs removed from rehearsals of the NITL tour, I think mentioning Steven's involvement for a while would be ok. 

Cool Interview though!

• Like 2

Great episode.

I played drums along the osaka 2017 bootleg and this cat can play his ass off. 

Theres basicly no breaks in the set until duffs solo spot and even then its only a minute. Hes got great stamina. I was sweating like hell halfway through the set.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Gambit83 said:

Hopefully!

Man, that would be a cool episode. I'd love to know if Brain and Bucket will ever do another tour. I saw them in a small venue (about 1000 people) a month after I saw GNR at The Gorge, and it was a great show. Brain is still an absolute beast behind the kit.

I'd also like to know if Frank has a favourite Buckethead moment, either on CD or an unreleased track.

We know Brain was told to re-record Josh's parts note-for-note, and Axl noticed little details like the kick drum being off by a fraction of a second, and stuff like that. Was Frank's recording process that strict, or did he have more freedom to play the songs in his own style? This would mainly apply to songs that weren't on CD, so I don't know if he'd answer that question, but it would still be interesting to know.

• Like 1

I’d like to know what Brian/Frank thinks of the Chinese drum sound. It’s my least favourite thing about the album..it sounds like a computer track. I prefer the drum sound on the leaks especially the more recent ones. Who plays on Hardschool? 

Edited by reayj2003
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, rebeldhipi said:

Great episode.

I played drums along the osaka 2017 bootleg and this cat can play his ass off. 

Theres basicly no breaks in the set until duffs solo spot and even then its only a minute. Hes got great stamina. I was sweating like hell halfway through the set.

That's tough, but try to play the Osaka gig from December 2009!

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/guns-n-roses/2009/kyoucera-dome-osaka-osaka-japan-bd70d1e.html

19 minutes ago, Sosso said:

That's tough, but try to play the Osaka gig from December 2009!

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/guns-n-roses/2009/kyoucera-dome-osaka-osaka-japan-bd70d1e.html

Long sets are ok. Its all about the short breaks between songs. 

Chinese era. There were lots of jams. Solo spots ect.  2016-2020 i realised that its super intense until wish you were jam for the drummer. 

That said im sure i will be finished physicly after playing that or that huge setlist of la forum 2017

Edited by rebeldhipi

I liked his reaction to the HS question... everyone can get what they want out of it. Cool interview and Frank is great! Very fun to watch. Video interviews are really cool. @Gambit83 is really cool, he's the exact opposite of those asshole interviewers who just want headlines. I love these interviews. No wonder people love to come back. I'm sure Frank will, too.

A mixed interview with Brain would be awesome! And maybe it'd open the door to one with Melissa participating, too.

• GNFNR 1