Depeche Mode & GNR at the 88 MTV Awards

• alfierose changed the title to Depeche Mode & GNR at the 88 MTV Awards

Did you read the comment section to the clip? Apparently:
"Their impact stretched far and wide during the lead-up to Violator’s release, and it was around that time that it settled into the psyches of hard-rock and metal bands. The first notable hard rocker to sing their praises was Axl Rose, who in 1989, reportedly attempted to curry the band’s favor by reciting the lyrics to their tender, hopeful love ballad “Somebody” to them at the 101 Hollywood premiere. Later that night, he brought them to the L.A. metal club the Cathouse but he soon lost their friendship. After the party, the Guns N’ Roses singer reportedly attended a Beverly Hills barbecue where he allegedly shot a pig. Depeche Mode then released a statement to the U.K. press that, as vegetarians, they were “appalled” with him and did not want to be associated with him." (source: https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/are-depeche-mode-metals-biggest-secret-influence-56191/)

I always knew that they were a wild bunch, but to shoot a pig at a party? Fuckin' 'ell. I know that millions/billions of pigs are slaughtered every year, but the thought of Axl gunning down a pig at a party seems so extremely weird IMO. Crazy.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Homefuck said:

"Their impact stretched far and wide during the lead-up to Violator’s release, and it was around that time that it settled into the psyches of hard-rock and metal bands. The first notable hard rocker to sing their praises was Axl Rose, who in 1989, reportedly attempted to curry the band’s favor by reciting the lyrics to their tender, hopeful love ballad “Somebody” to them at the 101 Hollywood premiere. Later that night, he brought them to the L.A. metal club the Cathouse but he soon lost their friendship. After the party, the Guns N’ Roses singer reportedly attended a Beverly Hills barbecue where he allegedly shot a pig. Depeche Mode then released a statement to the U.K. press that, as vegetarians, they were “appalled” with him and did not want to be associated with him." (source: https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/are-depeche-mode-metals-biggest-secret-influence-56191/)

I always knew that they were a wild bunch, but to shoot a pig at a party? Fuckin' 'ell. I know that millions/billions of pigs are slaughtered every year, but the thought of Axl gunning down a pig at a party seems so extremely weird IMO. Crazy.

Man, you can't make this shit up. Axl shooting a pig at a barbecue in Beverly Hills. Was Uncle Jed, Jethro, Ellie Mae, and Granny in attendance also? 

Edited by lame ass security
  • Haha 1

The story about Axl shooting a pig has been circulating for a very long time. When I first heard about it some 20 years ago, I was hopeful that it was bs, on par with the stories about him killing small dogs, but I've come to think it's probably a true story. It strikes me as unlikely that Depeche Mode would lie about something like this in a press release especially if it was an issue that they felt so strongly about.

Doug Goldstein was asked about this in one of the podcasts. He didn't admit or deny it, but it appeared that he thought it was at least possible that it really happened. If Doug Goldstein, Mr pro-Axl, thinks it might have happened, then it probably did happen. As far as I know Axl hasn't denied it either. But I hope I'm wrong and that no pig was harmed.

2 hours ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

The story about Axl shooting a pig has been circulating for a very long time. When I first heard about it some 20 years ago, I was hopeful that it was bs, on par with the stories about him killing small dogs,

That story about the dogs was made up for the British press

I remember reading about it

On 12/23/2020 at 7:24 AM, Homefuck said:

Super ducking weird. Why would a pig be at a Hollywood afterparty?