Intro 2002 unreleased song?

We know that the band used new song before being released.

The General was used in 2006 and 2010 as intro of the show.

Prostitute in 2006 as intro of November Rain.

In 2002 the intro of the north american tour was a orchestral arrangement like The General (could be Marco's work too?)

Also before NR Axl used to play that year Asshole song, and a slowly piece that sounds good.

What do you think?

This is going to be super vague, so I apologize BUT 

My favorite piece of unreleased music is actually an acoustic thing that was played in 2007. 

There's a show from the Japanese leg of the tour (no, I don't remember which show, sorry) where Fortus & Robin start playing this really good acoustic piece right before Patience. The rest of the band joins in and it just sounds great. 

They played if for maybe a minute? (again, vague, sorry) then Axl says something like "that's really good. We should make a song out of that". Axl has a super sarcastic tone and it's very obvious that it's something that is already a song.

I would LOVE to hear more about it and eventually hear the whole song one day. 

If anyone wants to hear what I'm talking about, the most specific thing I can remember is that it was right before Patience in one of the shows in Japan from 2007. Again, sorry for being so vague but I really think more fans should check that out. I've never heard anyone else mention it. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

My favorite piece of unreleased music is actually an acoustic thing that was played in 2007. 

There's a show from the Japanese leg of the tour (no, I don't remember which show, sorry) where Fortus & Robin start playing this really good acoustic piece right before Patience. The rest of the band joins in and it just sounds great. 

They played if for maybe a minute? (again, vague, sorry) then Axl says something like "that's really good. We should make a song out of that". Axl has a super sarcastic tone and it's very obvious that it's something that is already a song.

If anyone wants to hear what I'm talking about, the most specific thing I can remember is that it was right before Patience in one of the shows in Japan from 2007. Again, sorry for being so vague but I really think more fans should check that out. I've never heard anyone else mention it. 

Actually this is one is worthy of scrutiny. Gonna look at my archive to see what you're talking about.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I’m pretty certain that is Waiting on a Friend, it’s certainly the same chord progression anyway with little fancy bits on top! 

30 minutes ago, Dean said:

I’m pretty certain that is Waiting on a Friend, it’s certainly the same chord progression anyway with little fancy bits on top! 

Oh really? Dammit, well maybe I read Axl's response wrong. Plus I don't know Replacements material really well, so maybe I totally missed the reference. 

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Oh really? Dammit, well maybe I read Axl's response wrong. Plus I don't know Replacements material really well, so maybe I totally missed the reference. 

Yeah mate, I was once in your shoes though. I thought it sounded tremendous when I first heard it back in '07 as I wasn't really familiar with the Stones back catalogue then and was disappointed when I found out it wasn't original.

• Like 1