Dizzy solo spot

I can't see why not. They play about three hours on average. I'd rather this than another pointless cover version.

I'm seeing them in Wellington NZ in November and I was hoping for two things. For them to put my favorite Guns song You're Crazy in the set. And to play something new. Ok so Absurd is a reworked Silkworms but maybe it's the start of more to come. Trying to remain optimistic and positive.

25 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

I always loved No Quarter into SOD. Can't see it happening again tho.

Oh you mean No Quarter as opposed to a Diz solo full stop. Yeah I'm surprised they haven't done Street Of Dreams since Slash and Duff returned. It's a classic sounding Guns tune. But you never know with this band.

7 minutes ago, Gunner Gilby said:

I just found out last night that Hooker's & Blow have put out a covers album. It's got both Ziggy Stardust and No Quarter.

I'd like another album of original material from Dizzy. I loved his solo album.

I first heard the instrumental while he played it on tour with Guns N' Roses. That was awesome. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

The only person I care to see do a solo is Slash in GnR.  Not including Duff's solo song of course, I like that too.

Come on bro. We all love Slash and Duff. But Dizzy's been there longer than anyone besides Axl himself. And he used to get a solo spot.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Gunner Gilby said:

Come on bro. We all love Slash and Duff. But Dizzy's been there longer than anyone besides Axl himself. And he used to get a solo spot.

I like Dizzy I just have no desire to hear a piano solo.  Maybe something small from Axl before November Rain.  I wouldn't mind a band jam with Dizzy getting some of the spotlight in it though 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

I like Dizzy I just have no desire to hear a piano solo.  Maybe something small from Axl before November Rain.  I wouldn't mind a band jam with Dizzy getting some of the spotlight in it though 

He could sing something of his solo album like This Don't Look Like Vegas. More interesting than an instrumental. Dizzy's got some killer songs and a good voice.

22 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

I'm a sucker for piano, always enjoyed his solo spots during the Chinese tour, his Ziggy Stardust rendition on piano was a highlight for me at these shows, so yeah, bring it on!

Hooker's And Blow put out a covers album this year. Ziggy is on it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dean said:

After the success of Absurd, he can maybe play some Honky Tonk piano in place of the horns before Nightrain?

He actually plays some really cool piano parts on Nightrain and SCOM. You can't really hear it in the main mix but on some of those Axl IEM recordings it stands out more.

22 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

He actually plays some really cool piano parts on Nightrain and SCOM. You can't really hear it in the main mix but on some of those Axl IEM recordings it stands out more.

I'll need to check that out! I enjoyed his solo spots a lot more than Bumble's and 4tus' in all honesty.