Faith No More and Mr. Bungle shows posponed due to Mike Pattons mental health issues

Tio Didi

First priority is to wish Mike well - I’m glad he is doing what he needs to, and making a statement about struggling with his mental health sends a good message I think that this isn’t something that should be considered a taboo issue. 

That said, I am beyond heartbroken not to be seeing Bungle and FNM this weekend. I’m already on my way to Chicago for Riot Fest, and I can honestly say I wouldn’t not have been making this trek without both of those bands being in the fold (And especially without Bungle/Fishbone having a club gig on Friday night). I’ve still yet to see FNM live, they’ve very much become a white whale act for me. 

Get well soon Mike, keeping you in my thoughts :heart:

• Like 1

yeah, what a bummer to hear about Mike. Hope he gets to feeling better. He’s such an incredible performer and artist.

one of my favorite shows of like the last decade is seeing FNM at the troubadour. They announced it day of by them posting a link on Twitter for tickets to a band called lump playing the troubadour that night. It was fucking amazing. 

also saw him with dead cross a few years back.

• Like 2

On 9/15/2021 at 7:17 PM, Powerage5 said:

First priority is to wish Mike well - I’m glad he is doing what he needs to, and making a statement about struggling with his mental health sends a good message I think that this isn’t something that should be considered a taboo issue. 

That said, I am beyond heartbroken not to be seeing Bungle and FNM this weekend. I’m already on my way to Chicago for Riot Fest, and I can honestly say I wouldn’t not have been making this trek without both of those bands being in the fold (And especially without Bungle/Fishbone having a club gig on Friday night). I’ve still yet to see FNM live, they’ve very much become a white whale act for me. 

Get well soon Mike, keeping you in my thoughts :heart:

It looked like the organizers pulled out all stops to get this festival going ahead. They had other bands pull out also I believe. 

3 hours ago, Powderfinger said:

It looked like the organizers pulled out all stops to get this festival going ahead. They had other bands pull out also I believe. 

They did, but every other act that canceled up until this was met either with the offer of refunds and/or compensation for ticket holders (i.e. admission to the Thursday night included with any ticket holders for other days). The fact that they just said “oh well” the week of when two big drawing bands canceled reeled of them panicking about losing money on refunds requested. That’s nothing against Mike/FNM/Bungle - I fully respect and appreciate their stance. My only bone to pick is with the festival. 

53 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

They did, but every other act that canceled up until this was met either with the offer of refunds and/or compensation for ticket holders (i.e. admission to the Thursday night included with any ticket holders for other days). The fact that they just said “oh well” the week of when two big drawing bands canceled reeled of them panicking about losing money on refunds requested. That’s nothing against Mike/FNM/Bungle - I fully respect and appreciate their stance. My only bone to pick is with the festival. 

I didn’t know about the no refund post FNM... 

• 9 months later...
4 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Glad he’s doing better! Sounds like FNM is pretty much done though, which is a shame. They were a great band, but Bungle has always been Patton’s true passion anyways.

yeah it's good that he was smart enough to hit the breaks when it became too much for him. I think the rest of the band is just pissed off right now but that could change. Still possible FNM will tour in the future cause this was not Patton's fault so maybe they just need some time to get over it.

• GNFNR 1